The triumphant return of Shoubushi, now known as shoubushi2

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

The triumphant return of Shoubushi, now known as shoubushi2

Unread postby shoubushi2 » May 29th, 2011, 11:12 pm

So after a very long absence I have finally made my way back to this board. In my time away I've done lots of brainstorming on different ideas and have a few of them now to share. I just need someone to crack the whip at me every now and then so I actually get these ideas into story form for people to read. Any help would be appreciated. So without further ado;

1. More than a Weapon: Old hands at this board will remember me working on this story a long time ago. Naruto picks up Kubikiri and Haku lives and the world changes as a result. Expect lots of swordplay, a Naru/Tema/Fem!Haku love triangle, intrigue, a heaping portion of Gaara, a good look at the Hidden mist, and an ending to Naruto's story that will most likely be much less of an asspull than what canon will have.

2. Yamazakura: I picked this idea up from The Fanfiction Forum. It's also called Sakura Blade. Sakura gets offed during part 1 and sealed into a tanto that Naruto uses from then on. Not much else to this idea yet. Expect a Naruto more oriented towards Sakura's strengths as she functions somewhat like a zanpakuto from Bleach (just none of that transforming stuff), possibly a Naru/Samui fic with a good amount of time in Kumo which of course means lots of Killer Bee.

3. A Woman's Work: Another of my old ideas from times past. Take the idea of a Marty Stu fic and instead of Naruto being the one sent back, it's Sakura. An obvious Naru/Saku pairing.

4. Saints and Sinners: No Reading was a decent story, definitely one for my guilty pleasures list. Kinda didn't like the whole harem thing or that the author used Naruto as a macguffin/mary sue to fix all the problems with the Civil War storyline though. I intend to go back and do something similiar, though this is focused on just X-Men storylines and no harem, Naru/Laura only. Expect this story to be darker and more dramatic than No Reading, I intend to take Naruto into X Force.

5. Finally, I have an as of yet unnamed story for the Forgotten Realms setting. This one I hope to actually submit to Wizards one day. Lots of work needs to be done here but the basic idea is that the new kingdom of Myth Drannor is in danger from Netheril and a band of three; a young cleric of Sehanine/Selune, her best friend and bodyguard, and a recently raised Revenant end up being the ones who have to do something about it.

If anyone is interested in helping with any story in particular, a few, or all of them, just lemme know.
shoubushi2

Re: The triumphant return of Shoubushi, now known as shoubus

Unread postby shoubushi2 » May 30th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Well now that I can post normally again, I have some conversation snippets from Saints and Sinners that I'd like to share with the board. Tell me what ya'll like, what you don't like, what should be changed, etc.

"Nan da yo?” -Naruto upon first arriving on Earth 616 before falling unconscious. Rough translation- What the hell?

“No way! That's totally unfair! What the hell are you, some sort of ninja Jesus?!” -Rockslide upon trying to push Naruto into the pool.

“It's official. Everyone on this planet is absolutely crazy. Flying around in these metal coffins, just waiting to fall out of the sky. You have feet people! And legs! They are there for a reason!” -Naruto after surviving the X-jet crash

“You remind me of a friend of mine, Laura. Gaara was also created to be a weapon, though what was done to him drove him mad, until I managed to reach him. I had to beat the crap out of him to do it, but got him to turn his life around. You, though, you get the hard way. I hope you're ready, Laura, because you aren't going anywhere without me for a very long time.” -Naruto to Laura after listening to her story.

“You sent Laura on some sort of mission. You're expecting her to kill again, to be a weapon again.”
“I don't know what you're...”
“You're lying one-eye. I could feel your doubts and second guesses from across the island. I could feel her disappointment from further than that.”
“What in the world are you talking about?!”
“I want in. Whatever it is you've sent her to do, it's gotta be done right? I want in so I can keep an eye on her.”
“....You realize what you'd be getting yourself into? You won't be doing superhero-type work. There will be killing and lots of it before you are both done. Do you really want that on your conscience?!”
“Let it go Summers. He knows what he's getting into.”
“He thinks he does, Wolverine, and why are you siding with him now? Weren't you just tearing into me for putting Laura in this? What makes Naruto different?”
“The kid is diff'rent, because he's getting into this for the right reasons. He knows he's steppin into an ugly world, but he's doin it anyway for the sake of a friend.”
“...”
“C'mon 'ruto, I'll get you some duds.” -conversation between Cyclops, Wolverine, and Naruto upon the formation of X Force.

“Who's the kid?”
“He's here because of Laura. As long as she is with this outfit, we get him as an added bonus.”
“If you say so, but honestly, Wolverine, he doesn't look like much. X-23 we know can handle herself, but this kid doesn't look like he's the quiet wetwork type.”
“Yer right. He's not.”
“Then why are we...”
“He's not the quiet type, he's our new heavy artillery for when quiet isn't an option anymore. We point him at targets and get the hell out of his way.” -Conversation between random X-Force member and Wolverine

“In my world, there is no power greater than that of the Nine Tails. The Kyuubi can flatten a mountain or create a tsunami as easily as Wolverine can punch through a beer can. It is destruction personified, rage given form, power made flesh. Until I came, there has never been anything capable of harnessing and controlling that power. I am the greatest weapon my world has ever known. My edge has been tested against men, monsters, and armies. I have killed immortals and humbled gods. You will be no different.” -Naruto upon taking on Selene so as to buy the rest of X-Force time to prepare the Ghost Dance.

“Talk to me Henry.”
“Iceman had third degree burns over 25 percent of his body. Hellion lost his right hand and 2 fingers from his left. Tempest has been stabilized but he's still unresponsive.”
“What the hell did he do anyway? One moment he's just standing there with that fire aura of his, the next he's yelling at us to ground our fliers and those damn tinheads are blowing up left and right! Warren and 'Ro are dropping from the sky, and I look back to the kid to see he's hacking up blood like no tomorrow!”
“He took control of the sky Logan.”
“Huh?”
“I could feel it, the wind stopped heeding my call. It could only hear his.”
“Mr. Uzumaki, as best I can tell Logan, literally took control of the entire atmosphere within the dome and turned it into his weapon. He destroyed the wave of sentinels with atmospheric pressure. Extreme pressure in some areas to crush, near perfect vacuum in others to implode, he did it randomly, and far too fast for them to adapt.” -Cyclops, Wolverine, and Storm during the aftermath of the first wave of Nimrod sentinels during the Second Coming arc

“So, how do your people commit their genocides in your world, boy? How are the weak and defenseless kept in line by the strong? What do the countries of your world use to threaten each other as they posture like foolish children?”
“Me.” -Magneto and Naruto

“Naruto! What are you doing here?!
“You're kiddin right? Last time I let you out of my sight, you ran off and almost got yourself stuck forever in some sorta horrible future-thingy where we're all dead.”
“X-Force was called into action while you were recov...”
“And that's not even counting the fact that you were going there to try and take on more things like that Nimrod fucker that messed us both up pretty bad a couple of months back.”
“I had Logan with me as well as...”
“Dammit Laura, if the situations had been reversed, would you have let me go off on my own?!”
“...No.”
“Then the matter is settled. I told you before, you ain't getting rid of me and I intend to stick by that.”
“Naruto.”
“Hmm?”
“Thank you.” -Laura and Naruto after she runs off in X-23.

Lot there, I know. Muse has been busy for once. :dizzy:
shoubushi2

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop