Origins in October: Writing 'Contest'

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Origins in October: Writing 'Contest'

Unread postby livilou » October 2nd, 2012, 9:04 pm

Hey guys, long time no see!

It's just a month until NaNoWriMo starts up and I figure maybe some of us could use a chance to get those writing juices flowing. It's October which starts with an 'O', and this year has been pretty great for superhero movies. I was thinking we could have something of a writing contest about Origin Stories!

The rules would be simple, it just has to be an origin story for some sort of hero or villain. Since it *is* an origin story, original work would be preferable but it's not like I can stop anyone from submitting whatever they want, so have at it. Deadline would be the 31st of October, I suppose.
livilou

Re: Origins in October: Writing 'Contest'

Unread postby gman391 » October 2nd, 2012, 11:14 pm

Length requirements?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Re: Origins in October: Writing 'Contest'

Unread postby livilou » October 3rd, 2012, 2:07 pm

Up to you. Make it however long or short you needs to to get your story across. I would suggest a minimum of 500 words so you can at least get something more than a list assembled, but ultimately that's your decision. On the other hand, I'd also suggest you don't make it so long it becomes a chore to read.
livilou

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop