In need of a Beta Reader/Editor

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

In need of a Beta Reader/Editor

Unread postby Rosefyre » March 5th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Hihi guys,

I am very excited about my HP FF these days. It features Ashlee 4.0, changed in ways I am sure you'll approve of, after all you helped me fix her up!

But yeah, I'm kinda in a bind, I can't find a beta reader among my friends, and my boyfriend isn't that into the Potterverce (Plus he kinda wants me to concentrate on other projects right now, such as getting my mind to stop forgetting EVERYTHING >.<!)

Anyway, if anyone is still into HP, please help! You won't be sorry ... I hope, lol ^___~
Rosefyre

Re: In need of a Beta Reader/Editor

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 6th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Considering that we have this thread, I would say there are some. Also, you can post it here. No guarantees that people will comment on it or fix it, but it does get it out to a group who will tell you what you're doing right and wrong if they decide to.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Rosefyre » March 9th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Oh, sorry about that. :TT_TT: Okay I'll post there! :have_a_nice_day:

*checks out thread*

I always thought a Beta reader checked out your story BEFORE you put it up online.
Hmmm, well, thanks for the help, anyway.
Rosefyre

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 9th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Hmm, miscommunication strikes again.

What I was trying to say, is that you can use this thread or start one in the Workshop to post your stuff and you will get feedback and also corrections, constructive criticism and advice on how to improve the story and have the room to grow before you put it out to a wider audience.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Rosefyre » March 10th, 2013, 12:29 am

ooooohhhh! okay ... I wonder if I can link my Dropbox in the cloud to my thread? Hmmm, I'll have to try it sometime soon.

Thanks again!

cookies for you!

Rosefyre

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop