The "Other" Forums

The "Other" Forums

Unread postby viridian » October 10th, 2008, 1:46 pm

The other forums are primarily intended as 'in-play' information for the campaign. They consist of comments on the ShadowSea (Seattle Shadowland) forums regarding various personalities in the Seattle shadow community, as well as new stories and other events.

The in-play board are formatted with blocks of text, followed on the next line by the poster's handle surrounded by triple arrows <<<like this>>>.

Anyone can make comments as they like, masquerading as various board posters. Try to avoid using canon personalities from the books, but feel free to make up your own characters. Usually someone's handle reflects their job skills or hobbies, especially as they relate to the topic at hand.

For example, <<<Dr. Spin>>> is an expert on media manipulations, which is why he commented on the news story about the Lone Star crackdown.

If you use a name reserved for a canon character, or there is a problem with a post, a moderator might have to edit it. Don't worry if we do, though you can usually see why if you look. If there is an ongoing problem, we might contact you separately.

If you have any questions about posting, please add them as responses to this thread.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: The "Other" Forums

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 23rd, 2008, 12:49 am

Another idea for in-play posts.

If you're writing a private message to a PC or major NPC, enclose the message in a quote box, quoting "PRIVATE MESSAGE", and bold the sender and recipient at the top, and italicize their name at the bottom.

Here's an example:
Sender to Recipient
Message body
-Sender

It should look something like this when you're ready to post:
Code: Select all
[quote="PRIVATE MESSAGE"] [b]Sender to Recipient[/b] Message body -[i]Sender[/i][/quote]
bibliophile20

Unread postby viridian » October 23rd, 2008, 4:06 am

Hmmm... I thought you meant for this to be a little different, like messages from NPCs to PCs. Is this really neccesary for conversations between your own characters?
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 23rd, 2008, 10:51 am

For bookkeeping and verisimilitude. (plus, I wanted to give it a try and see how it looked, and that particular "conversation" was a convenient one to experiment with.)
bibliophile20

Return to “%s” Admin