Fixer Profile: Arachnos

Fixer Profile: Arachnos

Unread postby viridian » October 9th, 2008, 10:04 pm

I suppose after Slamm-o's arrival, it was only a matter of time before we started seeing more second-generation Shadow workers. It's an open secret that Arachnos's father worked under the handle "Spider" in the Seattle metroplex from the early 40's up through his unfortunate demise during Crash 2.0. No one knew he had a kid, so it was a surprise when she showed up at Club Penumbra last year in Spider's old booth in the corner. No one might have taken her seriously, but several well-known runners have stepped forward to vouch for her. Looks like Spider left some letters behind to be opened in case of his demise - something that should come as no surprise to people who worked with him back in the day. I never had much contact with either father or daughter (I already had my own network back then), but those who would know say that he must have taught her everything he knew.
<<<Fastjack>>>

Aw, don't make me blush now.
<<<Arachnos>>>

If you worked for Spider, back in the day, she is, literally, just as good. I wonder how much time she spent ghosting along beside him when he worked. One of his bodyguards always wore a wig, but I thought the makeup was to cover scars, not make her look older. Now I bet there was red hair under the grey.
<<<Thanatos>>>

In addition to her reactivating most of Spider's old network, she's inherited a lot of goodwill from her father. He gave me a chance when I was a clueless newbie, and hooked me up with a first-rate crew. Anyone fragging with her is asking for a world of hurt.
<<<Rinoa>>>

For anyone utterly clueless, Thanatos and Rinoa ran the shadows here for the better part of ten years. They are also one of the main reasons why Brackhaven didn't get elected governor of the Metroplex. Serious people, omae. They can walk into "Big Rhino" wearing Humanis Policlub t-shirts and no one would say a word. Saying Arachnos has serious juice is like saying the sun is warm.
<<<Wheels>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: Fixer Profile: Arachnos

Unread postby viridian » December 19th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Holy drek, some frag-wit tried to toast Arachnos earlier this morning. If she hadn't been sharing a drink with some old friends of her father, I don't think she would have made it.
<<<Conspire>>>

What the frag? What happened?
<<<Kidoryu>>>

Whacking great fireball, centered on her booth at the Blue Flame. I swear to Kibo the scary fragger she was toasting with Absolut fragging inhaled most of the flames. Barely phased him too, but Arachnos and his dinner companion were looking a little frazzled, and the upholstery was a total loss.
<<<Bartender Bob>>>

What the hell kind of technique is that?
<<<Magister>>>

An effective one.
<<<Thanatos>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Who's Who in the Shadows