Runner Profile: Hawk

Runner Profile: Hawk

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 13th, 2008, 3:11 am

Hawk__Shadowrunner_by_squinkyproductions.jpg
Alright, so here's the lowdown on one of the scarier slots that I've met out there, a fella by the handle of "Hawk". First, the good stuff. The man is one of the best gun bunnies I've ever seen, at least with pistols. Y'know how a perfect score at the shooting range is called a "possible", because it practically ain't? Well, it's possible, alright. No smartlink, no laser sights, and he didn't miss a shot--four damn mornings in a row! Made this dwarf feel even more inadequate. He's also an adept, 'cording to my buddy Galen, and he don't need practically no sleep because of it. That also leads into the bad stuff. See, I understand all of this magic stuff about as much as I need a hole in my head, but, as much Mr. Dour McScariness is fuzzies, laughs and unicorn farts on the outside, on the astral, apparently, he's screaming. Loudly. I don't know what about, though, and since I want to keep on breathing without a tube, I'm going to stop there.
<<<BigJimmy>>>

*sigh* Jim, are you trying to antagonize him?
<<<Galen>>>

Wouldn't surprise me. This is the pygmy dwarf I saw juggling live grenades, right?
<<<Hawk>>>

In my defense, I was drunk at the time.
<<<BigJimmy>>>

And that is unusual... how?
<<<KidFox>>>

Shut up.
<<<BigJimmy>>>

You're a good demo-rat, Jim, but Fox's got a point. And besides, Hawk's One-Step program was entertaining... for the rest of us, anyway.
<<<Galen>>>

And you were sober for nearly two weeks afterwards--which was a record, if I recall correctly.
<<<Merla>>>

If by "sober" you mean "scared shitless at the thought of drinking a drop".
<<<Galen>>>

Alright, alright! So since Hawk has so entertainingly managed to deflect this onto me, I'll return the favor. The slot has a mad-on for Yakuza and beetle-dealers. When we were doing our legwork at Scott's, a trio of Yaks showed up to shake someone else down for something. Hawk waited until they were leaning on their target before walking over, and gave their skulls serious cross-ventilation issues at point-blank range. He even paid for the cleanup!
<<<BigJimmy>>>

*shudder* I remember that. The expression on his face was the worst--completely blank, like he was taking out the trash. But on the astral...
<<<Galen>>>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bibliophile20

Re: Runner Profile: Hawk

Unread postby viridian » October 13th, 2008, 6:39 am

He would do well to learn restraint. The shadows of this city are... not friendly to those with poor self control. Such actions will not go unanswered.
<<<No-Dachi>>>

You'd think a virtual environment would cut down on the testosterone poisoning, but no...
<<<Kat O' Nine Tails>>>

Silence would serve you better. Learn your place.
<<<No-Dachi>>>

Keep it civil or leave. And don't let me catch anyone trying to run a trace, either.
<<<Facet>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 13th, 2008, 2:22 pm

Restraint, nothing, I think he recognized one of 'em. Don't know if you boys were payin' attention, but after he sat back down, he whispered "Another one down" and touched that locket he always wears.
<<<Merla>>>

"One"? Merla, there were three of them!
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

*sigh* Jimmy, let that dwarf liver of yours work for a minute and then consult the extremely hardy brain cells that are left after your Darwinian whittling process.
<<<Merla>>>

Ouch.
<<<Galen>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby viridian » October 13th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Caution is a virtue when you are unsure of the path another walks.
<<<Man of Many Names>>>

You should have a career in writing fortune cookies.
<<<Bung>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby runsamok » October 13th, 2008, 10:55 pm

Sounds like it was personal. Of course, it takes one to know one...
<<<Artemis>>>
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 13th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Yo, Many-Names, and whats dat supposta mean?
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

Shut up, Jim, he's telling you to be careful around Hawk because you don't know the Way he walks.
<<<Galen>>>

What the... Whaddaya mean I don't know the way he walks? On two legs, chummer, each of which is nearly as tall as I am!
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

Jim, shut up, sit down and listen for a second. Y'know how Galen is a shaman that follows Dragonslayer, and I'm a Wicca that follows Puck? Adepts follow "Ways" or "Paths" instead as a means of channeling their magic. I'm also an Invisible Way adept. Hawk follows the Warrior Way... and, if I don't miss my guess, Many-Names is worried that Hawk is becoming Twisted or Toxic, with Capital T's. Personally, I doubt it. Nobody that does that many pro bono or at-cost hooding jobs is following a Dark path as far as I'm concerned.
<<<Merla>>>

Pro bono? At cost? When was this?
<<<Galen>>>

Well... I was following Hawk a few months back, for practice... and as prep if I ever had the chance to prank him. I know, I know, but Puck is a Trickster... Anyway, first week I'm shadowing him and he goes and rescues a pair of teenaged orks from a Humanis mob! Couple of kids, looked like they slipped out of the Underground and ended up in the wrong 'hood... you know the story from there, except for the part where a tall human comes in and rescues the pair. There was more, but that was the first example, and definitely the biggest.
<<<Merla>>>

You managed to tail me the day of that fracas, girl? I'm impressed; you've certainly got some skill. Either that, or I'm slipping. And Many-Names? I second Bung's comment. The cryptic crap gets old fast. You have something to say to me or about me, come out and say it.
<<<Hawk>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby viridian » October 14th, 2008, 3:52 am

To be technical, some who have fallen into the so-called Toxic traditions have done so with the best intentions. For example, Avenger Archetypes start off trying to prevent further degradation to the Gaiasphere - it's not until later that their reason degrades to the degree that they are unable to discern between the innocent and the guilty. This is not to say that I believe Hawk to be a Toxic, as I have never met him, nor assensed his aura. I am merely correcting a misapprehension of the part of my Wiccan colleague.
<<<Magister>>>

Heh. You said assensed.
<<<NazTheNasty>>>

I suppose there is inevitably one in every crowd.
<<<Magister>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 14th, 2008, 10:11 am

Magister: Fair enough. Road to hell pavement and all that drek. But I know which lines I don't cross and I know who--and what--my targets are, and edits to that list are made with extreme care.
P.S. Kudos on the straight talk.
<<<Hawk>>>

Well, I have to admit that I'm crap at anything to do with the Astral, so I've never assensed you either, Hawk, but I've met you. You're a good man--one that's in alot of pain, but a good man. Why else would you have rescued those kids, or stared down that troll, or, hell, even helped that elf when those gangers tried to mug her?
<<<Merla>>>

Was she hot?
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

An elf girl? Being mugged? You have to ask?
<<<KidFox>>>

Pistons, I think I need that testosterone filter over here.
<<<Merla>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 21st, 2008, 7:57 pm

Speaking of Hawk, does anyone know where he gets all of those guns and other toys from?
<<<Scratch>>>

I think he modifies them himself.
<<<KidFox>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby forbin » October 21st, 2008, 8:15 pm

Interesting, I might have to contact him about what manner of skills he might possess.
<<<Gevaisa>>>
forbin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 22nd, 2008, 6:37 pm

Galen to Hawk:
Hey, Hawk, the ward is done, as requested. It should last a month or so; let me know if you need it renewed then. Also, please let me know if you manage to solve that little enigma of yours. I'm rather intrigued.
-Galen
Hawk to Galen:
Much thanks on the ward. I think you said the one around my place will last another month, so we'll talk about both of them then. And if I can tell you, I will.
-Hawk
bibliophile20

Return to “%s” Who's Who in the Shadows