Blogger Profile: YakYak

Blogger Profile: YakYak

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 15th, 2008, 6:48 pm

YakYak is one of those that could only survive in the Matrix: an anonymous stool pigeon, cheerfully spilling secrets. The guy is slippery as a fish in the sea of data, much to the consternation of those Yakuza who try to hook him. This fish, however, talks, and drops pearls of knowledge regarding Yakuza doings and dealings on a near daily basis, albeit for a fee. Most of what he has to say is strictly low level, but is comprehensive enough to really put the brakes on a few up-and-comers in the Yakuza hierarchy, and, every so often, he drops a big bomb on them, such as last year's publication of the complete dossier of one of their high-ranking bodyguards, including video of him beating and killing someone at the instruction of his boss. Rumor has it that his "premium subscribers" (read: bribers) get the good stuff on a more frequent basis.
<<<Glitch>>>
bibliophile20

Re: Blogger Profile: YakYak

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 15th, 2008, 7:05 pm

I have to admit, the little bigmouth has made more than one of my runs a hell of a lot shorter on the intel gathering side of the equation.
<<<SwampFox>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 15th, 2008, 9:01 pm

Nobody's quite sure how he gets all of those little nuggets either. I'm not talking about the big stuff like that dossier; I'm talking about how he manages to get the daily marching orders for what seems like half of the sprawl's Yakuza grunts. The best bet people have is that he tails them with drones, but he'd have to be one of the better riggers in the business to keep on top of that many feeds. And if he's got that skill, why is he settling for humiliating and exposing the Yakuza?
<<<2XL>>>

You're exaggerating. At best, he'll expose a single short-term low-level Yakuza op every few days, and maybe a string that will unwind something bigger when pulled on every few weeks. But mostly what he publishes is stuff on a few of the low level grunts, mostly along the lines of their regular habits and itineraries.
<<<Snopes>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby runsamok » October 15th, 2008, 11:12 pm

Still sounds like a useful person to know ... if you're on a Yak hunt.
<<<Artemis>>>
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby viridian » October 15th, 2008, 11:13 pm

Who do I know like that?
<<<GreenEyes>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 15th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Best not to say anything GreenEyes, odds are the yaks have one or two paid eyes on the ShadowSea. I'd wager if they even got a hint that you might know who YakYak is they'd be on you like corps on a dirty deal.
<<<SwampFox>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » October 15th, 2008, 11:29 pm

Well, I was talking about folks that want to stick it to them. Most of them have been... less than subtle in their comments on the board, so I was making with the funny.

On the other hand, after the goddamn day I have had, if any of those fragging perverted jackwits want to take it up with me personally, they can take a number and bring it on. I need the exercise.

And they need to learn to stop poking fragging hornet nests.
<<<GreenEyes>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 15th, 2008, 11:33 pm

Ah. Sounds like you're in a party mood. If I hear about any that need crashing I'll send you a PM. But what's got your blood pressure up tonight anyway?
<<<SwampFox>>>
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » October 15th, 2008, 11:45 pm

It's a long story, but I've pretty much had to take out five people in the last two hours. Two of them by jumping off the roof of a seven story building. (My chiropracter is going to retire by the time he's done with me.) And then the blind panic started. And now we have murderous wrath, being body-checked by conscience and prudence. Which means long-delayed vengeance is getting called up from the minor leagues for another try-out.

And I have a terror attack to plan by midnight tonight, so I'm feeling a little stressed at the moment and would really appreciate a distraction.

Maybe I should have just stopped after "It's a long story".
<<<GreenEyes>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby forbin » October 16th, 2008, 12:21 am

Oh dear, that does sound like a dreadful turn of events. If there is any way that I might be of assistance, please let me know.
<<<Gevaisa>>>
[Bored Moderator - Mod posts shall be in this color]
forbin

Unread postby viridian » October 16th, 2008, 12:28 am

Actually, you can. Call me.
<<<GreenEyes>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Who's Who in the Shadows