Street Doc Profile: Doctor Pollison

Street Doc Profile: Doctor Pollison

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 16th, 2008, 6:35 pm

So... Dr. Andre Pollison. A senile old coot who thinks he's working in a prestigious hospital, when he is, in fact, working a shadow alpha clinic run by his ostensible nurse, an elven Dove mage named Diana. He is generally racist and bigoted to anyone who's not white, male, and 'old money.' However, despite his incredible medical/surgical skills, he never seems to realize that 90% of his patients are dirt-poor metahumans.

In fact, I once overheard the following gem from the good doctor during a visit: "Fucking trogs should all just die in the poorhouse... there, now how's the knee, Mr. Mutilator?"
<<<Fatima>>>
bibliophile20

Re: Street Doc Profile: Doctor Pollison

Unread postby viridian » October 17th, 2008, 5:17 am

Er, unless this is really Diana's operation, and she's using Pollison like a medi-drone, why should we support the old bastard?
<<<GreenEyes>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 17th, 2008, 11:31 am

Because it is Diana's op, she's a wonderful person and a good healer in her own right for both magical and mundane healing; she just doesn't have the skill for some of the more cutting edge stuff, including the higher end implants. Doc Pollison does.

Plus, it's a hoot seeing everyone within earshot trying to keep a straight face when Pollison drops one of those choice comments. Hell, immediately after one of those, an ork I know that was in there getting a datajack asked the doc, with a perfectly straight face, if he could add the "irony filter module".
<<<Fatima>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 17th, 2008, 11:48 am

Sounds less like senility and more like self-dellusion to me. Or perhaps the good doctor isn't seeing things quite as they are, if you catch my meaning. I mean if the doctor was actually senile, I doubt he'd have retained his skills as well as he seems to have.
<<<SwampFox>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 17th, 2008, 12:27 pm

Hey, I've got no complaints; the man installed almost all of the ware in my body; two years, and I haven't had a problem. So whatever his malfunction might be exactly, just be happy that it gives the rest of us access to a surgeon with the skill to implant alpha-ware without having to go to the corps.
<<<Scratch>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby Kodra » October 17th, 2008, 12:53 pm

The crazy old drek can shove it. Besides, it's not like he's the only street doc we have that has alot of know how on cyberware and bioware. I had Mouse install some Cybereyes on me a couple months ago, and I bet alot of you didn't even notice the difference.

<<<Flower Power>>>
Kodra

Return to “%s” Who's Who in the Shadows