Runner Profiles: Galen and Big Jimmy

Runner Profiles: Galen and Big Jimmy

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 21st, 2008, 3:40 pm

Galen and Big Jimmy. I've met more contrasting pairs, but not many. These two runners are roomies, but I'll give the run-down on each of them individually first.

Galen is an elf from the Tir. Not the local one, the one over by Jolly Olde England. His English is pretty good, with almost no accent. His Sperethiel, on the other hand...

Anyway, he's also Awakened, and got booted from his school back in the Tir for what he claims is bias against those who do not follow the tradition of the Path of the Wheel and its attendant mentor spirits. Officially, he got kicked out for various pranks and escapades. Personally, I think it's a mix of the two, given the sort of hijinks any Awakened would have pull to be enough of an irritant to be booted from a school. As a spellslinger, he's quite good and he's always up for astral overwatch or more general magical support if the pay or cause is good enough.

Big Jimmy on the other hand, is a dwarf. A short dwarf. While his chummer Galen is almost two meters tall, Jim hasn't broken the 100 centimeter mark. He swears that the late-teens growth spurt will happen any day now--and he's been saying that for the last five years. Anyway, Jim, or Sneak, as he prefers, or Big Jimmy, as the rest of us call him, is another second-generation runner, the youngest of three, and has a strong taste for hacking, explosives and booze, and not in that order.

And he and Galen are roomies; I'm still not sure how that happened, but the two of them are like brothers; they'll be at each others throats one minute, and laughing together about something completely obscure the next. For all of the humorous insults, putdowns, and backhanded compliments, they're genuinely friends.

And their apartment? Two bachelors? You have to ask? If they didn't have household drones picking up after them, the place would have a toxic background count. The workspace they have set up is bad enough, given that they've banned the drones from cleaning in there; on one side of the room is Galen's magical lodge, with grimories, summoning materials and the like scattered hither and yon, while on the other side of the room is Jimmy's workshop, covered in the remains of disassembled drones, commlink parts, tools and assorted containers of take-out.
<<<Merla>>>
bibliophile20

Re: Runner Profiles: Galen and Big Jimmy

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 21st, 2008, 3:46 pm

Nomination for most humorous Jimmy moment (so far): walking over to an ork girl in a bar, taking a deep breath, and telling her that her hair smelled nice. To this day, he swears that he meant her scalp hair...

Of course, she turns, looks at him, picks him up by his lapels and engaged in a game of Dwarf Tossing. If I recall correctly, he landed in someone's drink. Said someone being a troll.

I think the only thing that kept him from getting pasted or starting a riot was him shouting at the top of his lungs, "Bartender, a round for everyone, on me!"
<<<Galen>>>
bibliophile20

Re: Runner Profiles: Galen and Big Jimmy

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 21st, 2008, 4:57 pm

Heh. Well, then, let me tell you about this time when Galen started hitting on this cute elf chica. Unfortunately for him, he didn't know that she was the main squeeze for an Ancient. I think the night ended with the two of them running for it on her bike, while I ran interference over the 'Trix for them. I think I still have a picture of him holding on to her for dear life as he got to experience the joys of Seattle at a 140 kph, sans helmet.
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

Hey, at least Estisa and I are still going steady. You, on the other hand, haven't had a date without a price tag in the better part of a year.
<<<Galen>>>

Yeah, but at least I don't have a disgruntled ex-boyfriend gunning for me. You do.
<<<Big Jimmy>>>
bibliophile20

Return to “%s” Who's Who in the Shadows