Runner Profile: Malcolm "Maelstrom" St. John-Smythe

Runner Profile: Malcolm "Maelstrom" St. John-Smythe

Unread postby viridian » November 25th, 2008, 6:20 pm

I say, I have been told by reputable sorts that having a profile posted in this area is de rigeur for runners in Seattle these days. So it falls to me fire up my commlink and dust off the old CV, as it were.

I've worked in a wide variety of locations, doing all sorts of things, some of them even legal. Don't scoff, special effects consultancy pays very well these days. I even have my name in the end credits for Sukie Redflower III.

Anyway, my specialty is thaumaturgical support, with a minor in creative threatening. Mainly because people can tell that I'm not. I am available for work anywhere on the West Coast on two hours notice (unless already engaged, of course), though assignments in Aztlan will involve a significant surcharge for obvious reasons.

Attached is a modest fee schedule...
<<<Maelstrom>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: Runner Profile: Malcolm "Maelstrom" St. John-Smythe

Unread postby forbin » November 26th, 2008, 1:11 am

Having worked with this gentleman, I can say that he is quite polite and urbane. Until angered. With a well deserved reputation for what some might term "overkill" you most definitely do not wish to be near anyone unfortunate enough to be receiving his ire. With that qualification I also must say that he is professional and very effective.
<<<Gevaisa>>>
forbin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 26th, 2008, 1:44 am

Malcolm is the epitome of the old adage "kill it with fire". Replace "it" with who or whatever has pissed him off at the moment and add in a hair-trigger temper under that snarky upper-crust Englishman attitude, and you have the man in a nutshell. Damn good man to have on your side. Just don't let him find out anything potentially embarrassing, the slot will hang it over your head for years.
<<<Tonic>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bibliophile20 » November 26th, 2008, 2:13 am

He's annoying, snide, rude, condescending and quite possibly the most snobbish individual I have ever met. Every time I talk with him, I feel like I'm juggling push-button H-E grenades, and often his sense of subtlety could be compared to the choice to limit the yield to megatons instead of gigatons. But I will give him this: Whatever he does, he does it well.
<<<Hawk>>>
bibliophile20

Return to “%s” Who's Who in the Shadows