Lost Child

Lost Child

Unread postby viridian » October 15th, 2008, 7:31 am

No drek. Normally, I'd leave this for the lost and found pile, but I think the money is worth it. Some corp brat either got away from his parents or was 'helped'. I think his family must be fairly high in the food chain at Evo, because the Johnson who talked to me is offering a lot of creds for little ankle-biter.

*picture of 9-10 year old boy with eurasian features and spikey red hair*

If you spot him, grab him. But make sure you bring him back in one piece. My contact was very firm about that. Contact me and I'll hook you up for a standard cut.
<<<Frankenstein>>>

Now that's odd. I got a similar request as well, but the Johnson was from MCT.
<<<Arachnos>>>

Got to love a custody case, corp style.
<<<GreenEyes>>>

That probably how he ended up lost in the first case. Wouldn't be the first time an extraction has gone haywire.
<<<Hard Exit>>>

So which Johnson is paying more?
<<<Clockwork>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: Lost Child

Unread postby Kodra » October 15th, 2008, 11:30 am

Sounds like there's more to this story than is let on. I'd bet that brat is less of a son, and more of a test subject.

It's not common for compassion to move too many creds, and when two companies are competing, you'd better believe it's because the upside is worth it.

I'll keep an eye out for the brat. Sounds like he's got an interesting story.

<<<LuckyMouse>>>
Kodra

Unread postby forbin » October 15th, 2008, 12:48 pm

This has the sound of something that could quickly become complicated. I agree with Mouse that two corps looking for a child in this manner indicates something deeper going on, a cautious approach would be advised to anyone getting involved.
<<<Gevaisa>>>
[Bored Moderator - Mod posts shall be in this color]
forbin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 15th, 2008, 1:48 pm

This stinks to the stratosphere. If I do run across this kid, first thing I'm gonna do is get him to a secure bolt-hole and find out his story. What he tells me'll tell me which of my contacts would be best placed to get him the hell outta dodge. Ain't enough creds in the universe to justify handing over a kid to be a lab-rat.
<<<SwampFox>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » October 15th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Facet, when did this node get overrun by the Hugs and Kisses Society? Drek, I remember when this used to be a place for Shadowrunners. You know, people who kill people and take their drek for nuyen. You sob-sisters make me sick - you'd last less than a day where I came from. Fraggin amateurs. I find that kid, I'm cashing him in, and the only thing that matters to me is who will pay the most.
<<<Clockwork>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby forbin » October 15th, 2008, 4:37 pm

It's tuskers like you that make respectable orks look bad. That drek you spout is the leading reason why the number of runners willing or desperate enough to work with you is in steady decline.
<<<RedCap>>>

Struth. The way you mouth off isn't earning you any friends, when the drek comes down I doubt you'll be finding many chummers waiting to bail you out.
<<<Santos>>>
[Bored Moderator - Mod posts shall be in this color]
forbin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 15th, 2008, 4:49 pm

Tell you what, you find the kid the same time I do, I'll show you how much of a Shadow Runner I am. My blades may be for hire, but that doesn't mean my morals are!
<<<SwampFox>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 15th, 2008, 9:43 pm

Does the kid have a name? Or, better, does he have a name that they gave you, but that he doesn't answer to? Fragging corps.

So, Frank, Arachnos, any warnings on this kid? Awakened, maybe? I had to chase down a habitual runaway 11-year-old once; by her fourth escape, she had learned an Invisibility spell, which made things... interesting--which is when they called me in. If this kid's a similar prodigy, that would explain the interest... But in this case, I'm leaning towards more unpleasant motives on the part of the corps.
<<<Hawk>>>

You sound like you have experience with kid test subjects, Hawk.
<<<Merla>>>

Yeah, I do, and I'm not saying more on a semi-public board. It's not just my skin on the line this time.
<<<Hawk>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 20th, 2008, 12:16 am

Anything new on this kid?
<<<Hawk>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby viridian » October 20th, 2008, 1:15 am

I think I saw him last night in Redmond, over near the edge of Glow City. Can't be sure though. Whoever it was, the little bugger was hauling his hoop, with half a dozen devil rats chasing him.
<<<Ratchet>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Newsbytes