Chemical Fire kills Eight

Chemical Fire kills Eight

Unread postby viridian » October 27th, 2008, 11:46 am

(AP) Last night, an intense fire broke out at MCTs Cavilard Research Park in Bellevue, claiming the lives of eight employees who were employed in the company's genetech and biodevelopment division. Damage to the facilities is expected to run well over fifteen million nuyen. MCT officials have been unavailable for comment.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: Chemical Fire kills Eight

Unread postby forbin » October 27th, 2008, 5:40 pm

That was no frakking fire! Or at least not one caused by any kind of accident. I've heard tell from friends who were nearby when this was going down that they caught sight of tracers from anti-aircraft emplacements being fired into the air, along with exhaust plumes from multiple missile launches right before the final explosion. Somebody was out there expending some major ordinance to crack that place open. Just gotta wonder about why.
<<<RedCap>>>

I find it rather fascinating that right on top of this incident we are seeing the VP in charge of MCT's Seattle research division being replaced. Also, a nearly unprecedented corruption scandal has been broached by the Japanese media implicating a number of high level MCT executives in conspiring to use substandard materials and services during reconstruction efforts following the 'quake. This has resulted in a slew of suicides and an almost instantaneous stock drop of approximately 14% for Mitsuhama. What further misfortune can we expect to be heaped upon this poor, suffering mega-corp?
<<<LogosCryptos>>>
forbin

Unread postby viridian » October 27th, 2008, 6:58 pm

"Instant karma's gonna get him... if I don't get him first"
<<<Bono>>>

What the hell?
<<<NazTheNasty>>>

It's a cultural reference, not something you are equipped to understand.
<<<GreenEyes>>>

Are you calling me stupid?
<<<NazTheNasty>>>

I don't think you'd qualify for that.
<<<GreenEyes>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 27th, 2008, 9:35 pm

It was a very pretty explosion.
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

*sigh*
<<<Galen>>>

Hey, it was! And that was no chemical fire, either. Judging by the pattern of the shockwave and a spectrographic analysis of the fireball, my best guess is that someone set off at least one liquefied natural gas tanker, and probably more like two or three, which set off a bunch of other things in sympathetic explosions.

Oh, and one other thing: If that boom only killed 8, then either that facility is alot more automated than one would guess, or it's hardened to the point where a Thor Shot would only scratch the surface, or they only found eight identifiable bodies.
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

So, a megacorp is playing things close to the vest. In other news, water is wet. Trid at eleven.
<<<Sobriquet>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby viridian » October 28th, 2008, 5:42 am

Otomo drones and other such monstrosities would be counted as monetary loss, not casualties. Though it probably helped that the supposed attack occured at night. Good riddance in either case.
<<<Zebediah>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 28th, 2008, 2:38 pm

What's wrong about an Otomo? You gotta problem with anthroform drones? What, you think that the MCT Housekeeper takes jobs away from "real people", or that they're too close to being metahuman?

And whaddaya mean "other monstrosities"? What were they working on in there. Oh, and just because the line has a few programming quirks doesn't mean it's a monstrosity. If anything, I'd love to rig one of those things one day... to be big, tall, and powerful...
<<<Big Jimmy>>>

But mostly tall, right?
<<<Galen>>>

Shaddup, ya beanpole.
<<<Big Jimmy>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 28th, 2008, 5:10 pm

I'd give my left arm for some of the heavy ordnance I'm hearing was brought to bear.
<<<SwampFox>>>

Aren't you ambidextrious?
<<<Kraken>>>

... What's your point?
<<<SwampFox>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Newsbytes