Unlimited Fighting Championship exhibition match this Friday

Unlimited Fighting Championship exhibition match this Friday

Unread postby viridian » October 29th, 2008, 8:02 pm

(Sports Illustrated) The controversial UFC gladiatorial league will be holding an extended exhibition match this Friday at the Tacoma Dome. Included in the bouts will be former champions Jonas Callistoga and Maria Vasquez, as well as controversial Changeling fighter Akuma. The last member of the championship card has drawn the ire of local groups, including the Seattle chapter of the Humanis Policlub.

"We don't need the genetic mutants coming here to parade their supposed superiority over the rest of us," said HP spokesperson William Fairborough. "Our children need better role models. Human role models. This tastless titillation of the masses before the altars of violence and deviancy merely adds to the legacy of depravity our permissive society is bequeathing to our children."

Other groups, such as Mother of Metahumans, have denounced the Humanis Policlubs avowed plans to picket the tournament. "While we may not agree with the violence of these exhibitions," conceded Rosamund Goldblum, president of the Seattle chapter of MoM, "protesting the matches based solely on the metatype of the participants is the worst kind of racism. Our society spent a good portion of the last two centuries moving away from sort of racist thinking, and the Humanis Policlub wants to drag us back into those dark days."

The rhetoric is flying thick and fast as both groups plan protest and counter-protest. It's entirely possible that atheletes within the ring may stop to watch the struggle outside of it.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: Unlimited Fighting Championship exhibition match this Friday

Unread postby Wittgen » October 29th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Oh hell yes. Who gives a frak about that racism drek; I just want to see some top class talent beating the frak out of each other. Especially Jonas. He may be a bit on the "makes you want tear out his guts through the gaping hole where his scrotum used to be before you punched through it" side of the likeability spectrum outside of the ring, but he is hot as hell in it. This is going to be a good weekend.

Oh, and if anyone else is looking for tickets, I may know a guy that can hook you up for a fair price. Well, more fair than you usually get at least.
<<<Vi>>>
Wittgen

Re: Unlimited Fighting Championship exhibition match this Friday

Unread postby viridian » October 30th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Uh-oh. Looks like a chummer of mine spotted the Reverend Horton W. Heete working the crowd outside the Tacoma dome this afternoon. If he brings down his whole congregation from Snohomish, things could get ugly.
<<<Crowley>>>

I wonder if he was behind the brat that chucked the jar of blood on Akuma? Plainclothes security stepped in pretty quick, but on the news footage it looked like Akuma was going to rip that kid apart. I guess custom-tailored satin warm-up suits are expensive.
<<<SeaHawksForever>>>

That would have made a wonderful headline, I suppose. Maybe even enough to get the show shut down if the Changeling was arrested. I don't admire his tactics, but Heete is a master of manipulation.
<<<Dr.Spin>>>

If he actually was behind it. Random speculation and all that.
<<<Bung>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Newsbytes