UFC Fighter Goes Berserk, Slaughters Dozens

UFC Fighter Goes Berserk, Slaughters Dozens

Unread postby viridian » October 30th, 2008, 10:11 pm

(AP) In a shocking move that rocked the Seattle Metroplex, Lone Star announced that up and coming UFC contender Akuma appears to have gone berserk last night in his room at the Tacoma Hilton, resulting in the deaths of fellow UFC Champions Jonas Callistoga and Maria Vasquez, as well as UFC manager Lori Preston and most of the overnight cleaning staff.

The enraged fighter escaped the hotel in the early hours of Thursday morning. He then made his way south into the Puyallup region. He then encountered several members of the Spike go-gang, resulting in fight that ranged for several blocks, resulting in the deaths of several gang members, as well as the first two pairs of patrolmen that arrived. The conflict ended only when Akuma encountered members of a Lone Star High Threat Response Team, when he was killed by heavy weapons fire.

"At this time, we are still investigating the situation," reported Lone Star spokesman Fred Holiday. "We will be making a full inquiry into the circumstances of this tragedy."

Other figures in the Seattle Metroplex have not been so restrained in their response to these events. "This is just the sort of tragedy we don't need here in Seattle," said a spokesperson for the Brackhaven Campaign. "Our hearts go out to the families of the citizens who were killed in this tragedy."
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: UFC Fighter Goes Berserk, Slaughters Dozens

Unread postby viridian » October 30th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Got a chummer who works for Lone Star. She's no greenie, but she said that crime scene was one of the worst she's seen in years. And she works for DPI too. That's got to be pretty fragged up.
<<<Sticks>>>

DPI?
<<<Huevos>>>

Department of Paranormal Investigation. They are Lone Star's magical arm, and they encounter some seriously messed up drek pounding their beat, omae.
<<<Whanger>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby viridian » October 31st, 2008, 3:51 pm

Reverend Heete is leading a memorial service dedicated to the 'victims of this savage crime' Friday evening. I know at least one Tri-D station is going to be carrying it real-time, and the major blogging nets will be carrying transcripts. Man doesn't waste any time, does he?
<<<Cordovan>>>

...and Brackhaven just surged ahead ten points in the polls.
<<<Dr.Spin>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby bibliophile20 » October 31st, 2008, 4:39 pm

It's almost enough to make an honest man suspicious, isn't it?
<<<Sobriquet>>>
bibliophile20

Unread postby viridian » October 31st, 2008, 5:31 pm

Yeah, yeah. You know people always say that every time one of those people do something like that. Are you such a conspiracy theorist that you can't believe the guy just went frigging nuts? I saw the way he reacted to the protestors on the newsfeed. If the security goons hadn't hustled him along, he'd probably have started his little killing spree right then. And if someone wants to actually make a stand against having this kind of animal brought into the city, I say they deserve a little good publicity.
<<<Buzz>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 31st, 2008, 5:58 pm

Buzz, hush, the adults are talking. Akuma had a temper, everyone knew that, but he didn't attack his fellow fighters outside of matches as far as I've been able to find out. And if you actually watched the trid, you'd have noticed that he only attacked after being seriously provoked, and even then he was focused on the provoker, not the crowd as a whole. I'd have snapped the little slots neck too if he'd done that kind of drek to me. And this type of thing is more than enough to make any half-way intelligent Shadow Runner think "set-up". The fact that the Not-so-good Reverend was able to respond and to drum up the trappings for a memorial service this fast has my eyebrow going up at least.
<<<Kraken>>>
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » October 31st, 2008, 7:19 pm

Meh. Those guys are always ready to talk. Sounds more like an opportunist.
<<<Bung>>>
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Newsbytes