Battle of the Bands Winner: Snake Charmers!

Battle of the Bands Winner: Snake Charmers!

Unread postby viridian » November 3rd, 2008, 6:12 pm

(Seattle Nightlife) It came down to a dead heat and an encore play-off, but the Snake Charmers narrowly edged out critical favorite The Blue Devils to win the first annual Everett Battle of the Bands.

Derek Fontaine, owner of Club Vertigo and sponsor of the contest, says he is extremely pleased with the turnout. "Seattle has a long history of innovation and creativity in the musical scene," he said in an exclusive interview. "This is all about bringing focus back onto the incredible new talents we have here, exploring new styles and creating new musical forms, while building on some of the artisitic giants of the past. It kills me when I hear the kids come in here that think Jazz is something invented last year. I tell ya, it just kills me."

It appears that this venture was a success in at least some respects. All three acts, including Smooth Groove, which placed third, have reportedly been offered recording contracts with Horizon Multimedia. One the vid-sim front, payperview recordings of the event made it to #8 on the Metroplex downloads roster last night and are still showing a brisk trade as word slowly seeps into the culturally benighted remainder of North America.

A fourth act, Seeing Green, was scheduled to play but withdrew at the last moment. Band management has not returned our emails as of press time.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Return to “%s” Newsbytes