Character Discussion

Bios of the Ninja behind the mayhem!

Re: Character Discussion

Unread postby serbii » April 18th, 2010, 4:30 am

Yes, they will, around the same time that Yuki and her crazy-ass clan do.
The "You broke it now fix it!" arc. Snowballs are fun~
I almost think we need a mission to go find the Ruins team. Though they've only been on the mission 12 days at the point T&D is paused, so no one probably thinks they're overdue yet.
Fair folk nicked em.

Does anyone know if/when Anti is coming back? Do you want me to ask him?
serbii

Unread postby MEKristian » April 19th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Huh? I thought at some point we decided they had come back "off screen" as it were.

Also, got another character for OVA use...
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 9th, 2010, 5:24 am

When I get back from training, likely going to make a new guy that I'm more inclined to actually play. Obviously I've got time to mull over it, but the biggest Idea I have now is a Ninja-Monk who is working with Konoha on a sort of pilgrimage or something.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Unread postby spudman » September 14th, 2010, 10:17 pm

Some of you may be familiar with the NaruHina Chronicles by mattwilson83 on deviantart. Well, he accepts birthday requests for drawings. So I asked for a drawing of Nishiyori and Tsukiko. Here it is.

http://mattwilson83.deviantart.com/#/d2yqmhq
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » September 14th, 2010, 10:32 pm

"My ultimate nemesis! The Men in Black!"

... Sure, Shiki, whatever lets you sleep at night. Anyways, pretty awesome pic, spud.
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » September 14th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Definitely nice pic. Also, Happy B-day!
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » September 14th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Yeah, I think he did a great job with it.
Also, Happy B-day!
:cheers:

"My ultimate nemesis! The Men in Black!"
Hanabi: "So, you left clues for him that you're part of some organization that keeps a vast conspiracy under wraps, even though there's no such group?"

Nishi: "All part of a larger plan to drive him insane..."

:secret_laugh:
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » September 14th, 2010, 11:23 pm

???: More so than he already is?

Wha-. You're dead, get back to being that!

I'm done.
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » February 14th, 2011, 8:39 pm

On Hai:
By "Hard Fist", are you referring to the Goken used by Rock Lee and Guy, or a different style?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby AshBellringer » February 15th, 2011, 1:26 am

Yes, the Goken used by Rock Lee and Guy.
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby leon89 » February 15th, 2011, 2:04 am

hmm.... should i post the Character i've been working on even though he isn't finished yet. hmmm...
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby spudman » February 17th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Gamebrain, in the Jashin Hunt thread, one of the characters was from Demon Country and had a message from High Priestess Scuito for her grandfather, Naruto. I think it was mentioned in the NPC thread that Scuito is in her mid-twenties.

Now, Taru could still be a grandchild of Naruto, but Scuito would be the eldest if Taru's age remains the same.

I imagine the issue of Naruto having a daughter with Shion would have been known fairly early on. So, not really much surprise when Taru shows up. As for how Taru gets on with his half-siblings...not sure, though the Uzumakis/Namikazes probably act as one big family so I guess they'd be inclusive of Taru.

Like I mentioned in the Dossier thread, I'm not sure of the difference between Juinjutsu and Fuinjutsu exactly, just that I think Danzo used the former in his fight with Sasuke.
spudman

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 17th, 2011, 3:42 pm

Alright, well thats why I asked for comment. After a discussion with TK, are there any objections to making the kid naruto/shion had into a pair of fraternal twins, and making one of them his dad?
Last edited by gamebrain89 on February 18th, 2011, 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby leon89 » February 17th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Like I mentioned in the Dossier thread, I'm not sure of the difference between Juinjutsu and Fuinjutsu exactly, just that I think Danzo used the former in his fight with Sasuke.
well for me it would seems that compared to the rest of the skills listed, Juinjutsu would be vary limited, and really it is a sub of Fuijutsu. where Shinobi-iri would give a useful trait (sneakiness).

Shinobi-iri: E - S (academy student - practically invisible)
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 17th, 2011, 3:47 pm

leon, the problem there is that you're introducing an entirely new stat that everyone would have to go back and put into their dossiers. And I think the differance between Fuinjutsu and juinjutsu would be that the first is applied physically using a brush and ink, or blood; while the second forms when the person is injected with the proper compounds or mixes them together. More of an alchemy thing really.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby leon89 » February 17th, 2011, 4:04 pm

I see your point of view tempest. Though I still feel that 'the art of curse sealing' when we have 'the art of sealing'

As for adding a new state it wouldn't really kill anyone to look back over their OC. And I would think that they would have a basic idea on how sneaky their character is. Though I understand that it would not be added for the very reason you stated
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Phht » February 17th, 2011, 5:26 pm

The only stat I ever felt needed to be added was Speed. Yes, chakra and jutsus can affect your top speed, but the same is true of physical strength (and we still have that stat).

For the most part, I think the stats we use are based on the stats graph from the Databooks. Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, Genjutsu, Intelligence, Force (Power), Speed, Stamina (Chakra Amount), Seal Knowledge. Seal Knowledge became Fuinjutsu and Juinjutsu. Stamina split into Stamina and Chakra Capacity (and I guess Chakra Control, though that could've been split from Intelligence or another stat). Force is now Physical Strength. Taijutsu and/or Ninjutsu have Sougujutsu split off from them. Genjutsu and Intelligence stay the same.

And to be honest, what would our yardstick be for sneakiness? 1 being pre-graduation Konohamaru? What's a 10 (we don't know because they're that good!)?

--

The distinction between Fuin and Juin jutsu is something I still don't get.

Our examples of Juinjutsu include the Hyuuga CBS, Orochimaru's Curse Seals (which for the longest time were the only two known examples of Juinjutsu), Fu Yamanaka's puppet juinjutsu (Shinten Kugutsu Juin no Jutsu), Danzo's Root seal, and possibly the effects of the "Seven Star Sword" of the Hax Bros.

Maybe Juinjutsu involves inflicting pain on someone? CBS causes pain on activation and death if left on long enough. Orochimaru's Curse Seals cause pain (if you don't have it evolved) or he activates a pain function of the seal. Danzo's Root seal paralyzes a person's entire body if they try to talk about incriminating stuff regarding Danzo or Root (this seal may or may not be the one he used on Sasuke, but I'm thinking not). Fu's Juinjutsu has the same issues that the Shintenshin no Jutsu does, namely that any injuries or damage inflicted on the possessed body are reflected on Fu's body as well.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby leon89 » February 17th, 2011, 5:45 pm

for S-rank sneakiness i would probably go for J-man. but yeah you are right on how hard it would be to gauge.

and i agree with the idea of going closer to cannon stats.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby leon89 » February 18th, 2011, 5:40 pm

ok, baring the earlier argument, i am working on a OC, but i have stalled out with the his back story, and i was wondering if some one would mind helping me out with him.

before you say why don't you just post it in the Konoha Nin and Allied Personnel topic, that is because he is incomplete and a lot about him i'm still not sure about.

and i would be more then willing to talk over skype about him.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 22nd, 2011, 10:13 pm

I was thinking of having an Uzumaki and a Yuuhi as my character's old genin team; does that work out with everything?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby spudman » February 22nd, 2011, 10:40 pm

Naruto and Hinata had Tsukiko at 44 and Akane at 59-60. It's kind of been established that those two are the youngest of Naruto's children, but if you want the Uzumaki to be a child of Naruto it's not a big deal. The Uzumaki in question would also be in the age range to be a grandchild of Naruto's.
spudman

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 22nd, 2011, 11:00 pm

I was thinking grandson of Naruto on Sakura's side rather than son.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby spudman » March 11th, 2011, 10:28 pm

ok, baring the earlier argument, i am working on a OC, but i have stalled out with the his back story, and i was wondering if some one would mind helping me out with him.

before you say why don't you just post it in the Konoha Nin and Allied Personnel topic, that is because he is incomplete and a lot about him i'm still not sure about.

and i would be more then willing to talk over skype about him.
You could post what you have so far and any questions you have here in this thread.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » March 12th, 2011, 12:20 am

Okay, I've been meaning to speak on this for a while, just lots of bad timing/no internet (and some procrastination) has been involved in why I haven't until just now.

@Drych
Okay, interesting idea to use the Kaguya clan's bloodline. However, given that the clan itself was wiped out somewhere in the 2-7AK (making Kimimaro 4-9 years old at the time) and Kimimaro - last known member of the clan - died in 13 AK, you can't just have it reappear in 54-60 AK with nothing more than a "huh, we have the bloodline and no one knows how/why!"

This is particularly more true given that only a few members of the clan (AFAIK only Kimimaro had it in the entire clan just prior to their destruction, which points to it being really rare in the first place) actually had the bloodline prior to its destruction, thus making it (suddenly) reappearing 41+ years later a bit more farfetched.

I'm not saying that you need to change the concept, but before you can really move forward, you definitely need to spend some time coming up with how the bloodline survived to that point.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Drych » March 16th, 2011, 4:34 am

Ahh it seems I have forgotten to put that down in my character sheet thanks for catching that. I'll have to edit my sheet for that when I get a free moment.
Drych

Return to “%s” Dossiers