Character Discussion

Bios of the Ninja behind the mayhem!

Character Discussion

Unread postby serbii » June 12th, 2009, 6:23 am

Topic to talk about characters in the "Konoha Nin and Allied Personnel" topic.
Figured it was better to put it here and keep that topic all nice and neat and just have the character sheets in there.
Also if you make any big character changes you want people to know about post them here when you update your character sheet.
(also just noticed we're missing 'personal likes' and 'gender' in the character sheets)

Greybane: You're in the same class of Psalm of Fire too then, and what an antisocial class it must have been! :biggrin1 Your character sheet looked fine to me. I agree with your stats you'd be chuunin level but you haven't taken the test so you're still getting minimum wage.

Thozmp you made me laugh and you watch too much Yugioh abridged XD

Finally figured out what team 4 would have been: An infiltration team; with Kontan's intelligence, Hotaru's eyes and Ushio's acting/people skills. See we didn't just throw them together :?
serbii

Re: Character Discussion

Unread postby Thozmp » June 12th, 2009, 6:34 am

Glad you found it funny, I was kinda aiming for that. I was going to put somewhere in there that one of the only people who has ever accepted said challenge was going to be Itachi, who did so out of sheer confusion, lost, and till the day he died didn't understand just WTF happened. But to follow the timeline, I think it will be some random Iwa-nin.

The main point to Kiren was that I wanted someone who could be badass, if they'd only stop running away; and that's what Kiren is, someone whose never lost a battle, but with an absurdly low number of battles he's actually been in, and even fewer that he's participated in.

I think I might have him hire a team t help him explore some ruins in Fire country though...

p.s. YuGiOh:TAS FTW!
Thozmp

Unread postby Jasruv » June 12th, 2009, 10:38 am

Anybody care to give me feedback on my character? Especially his jutsu.

I just edited the char sheet the other day so you may want to re-read it before responding.
Last edited by Jasruv on June 12th, 2009, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't believe in overkill, but I do believe in economy of force. Which is why I don't use tactical nuclear devices to get rid of gnats that are annoying me. Well, not often anyway.

Naruto shrugged. "It doesn't have to make sense, we're ninja. We walk on water because it's easier than learning to swim." Vulpine by Saphroneth

Stories do not exist to warn you of monsters. You knew that monsters existed before you could speak, before you could walk. Stories exist to tell you monsters can be defeated.
~Unknown
Jasruv

Unread postby Wittgen » June 12th, 2009, 10:53 am

Greybane: Interesting character. I don't think he's unbalanced as long as you play him as having more knowledge than skill. He knows medical jutsu, yeah, but he can only do them to limited effect. Similarly, he has ideas for original seals and whatnot, and they even have underlying promise, but they are far from perfect. If you play it like that somewhat, I think you're golden.

I hope you're up for the challenge of playing a guy whose backstory seems to be "Antisocial dick, will travel."
Wittgen

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » June 12th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Not sure, but would Greybane's character have been in my characters class? Same age and all?
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2009, 4:22 pm

No one minds that I've basically stated that Konohamaru was my character's Jounin Sensei, right? It doesn't clash with anyone else's?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2009, 4:23 pm

Seems fine to me. Konohamaru. Hah. Awesome.

No one minds that I made up an entire committee for the heck of it, right?
I'm gonna say it happened as a result of Orochimaru's experiments.
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2009, 4:28 pm

It's fine with me. Although we're going to be braking a lot of their rules so their might be concequences later.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2009, 4:30 pm

:biggrin2 That's part of the fun!
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2009, 4:37 pm

It is indeed, and I don't think anything too bad will happen considering your mad scientist exploits will be happening with my approval.
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2009, 4:39 pm

Geez, at this rate, we'll have to make a 'Team Crazy'.

Wittgen, I think you're character is hilariously great. Especially the clothes part. He's set for the zombie invasion.

And Greybane? Your character is amazing, too. I hope we get to work together at some point.
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » June 12th, 2009, 4:46 pm

To be fair, if you're going to break a law, be a proud shinobi! (Don't get caught.)
Phht

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » June 12th, 2009, 5:34 pm

Maybe we should make a list of who would've been in whose classes, it'd make it...Well... I don't know the word, although it might make it easier to make teams. And is it okay that I said in the Konoha Hospital thread that one of Naruto's grandsons was on my team?
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby serbii » June 13th, 2009, 12:20 am

ewuvi: I fully approve of the medical ethics board and think they're great antagonists :lol:

Kitsune_Akatsuki: That's fine. Somewhere vaguely in the back of my mine there's a couple of members of that family too who I haven't needed to use yet, and we've already said there's swarms of them.

Tempy: nup that's fine.

Most of the genin are around the same age, the graduating age is a little different for a few people I think but even if they weren't in the same class they probably all would have been at school together.

ewuvi's character is a couple of years older. I like to think in the genin's first year she blew up a storage shead, kunai went everywhere, almost hit Hotaru and now she's terrified of her. :devil

Yeah we can do a class list if you want.
Numbers I remember off the top of my head.
These 3 were in the same class.
Ushio 13, graduated 11
Hotaru 14 (just), graduated 11
Kontan 13, graduated 11
serbii

Unread postby Greybane » June 13th, 2009, 1:16 am

Note that while I graduated in the same class as Serbii and Psalm, I am a full year older. I didn't take the exam at 11, so only my final year would have been spent with you two.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Thozmp » June 13th, 2009, 9:25 am

Kitsune_Akatsuki: That's fine. Somewhere vaguely in the back of my mine there's a couple of members of that family too who I haven't needed to use yet, and we've already said there's swarms of them.
For some reason, it got into my head that before an Uzumaki can graduate from the academy, they must first paint the Hokage Monument. They get points for creativity, originality, how long they can evade the pursueing ninja, and the different ranks of pursuing ninja (a one time set of points, you only get them when that rank of ninja start chasing, not for every ninja of that rank).
Thozmp

Unread postby Wittgen » June 13th, 2009, 9:53 am

Maybe this should be in the NPC thread, but Naruto and his two special lady friends have had children?
Wittgen

Unread postby serbii » June 13th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Oodles of them. :biggrin1
I saw in a fic once Naruto had two wives and all his kids from one were Uzumaki and from the other Namikaze. Should we say that or have them all Uzumaki? And yeah this is prob moving into NPC topic territory.

Oh that poor monument.
serbii

Unread postby serbii » July 19th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Added block-o-text character/personality on the girls because I was bored last night and typed some up.
Fixed little things on their sheets like what Hotaru's element would be if she ever gets tested.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » September 16th, 2009, 5:07 am

Decided to go with as close to Michael Westen (means "who is like God?" and "one from the west") in Japanese as I could. If it's not an acceptable name...open to suggestions.

I realize his abilities are a bit up there, but he is nearly 40. A shinobi that has lived that long is going to be a bit tougher than younger jounin. I did put in a couple B's though and I think his number stats are okay. I don't think he's overpowered but if anyone has comments, then by all means...

Also, posted this with the bio but the explanation might as well be seen here too.

*Naruto is just the type to help someone out if he sees that they need it, especially a subordinate, one of his people. Even though Naruto was just being his Naruto-self and it was nothing unusual for him, it was a huge deal for Nishiyori and that is a big part of his respect for the Sixth. I’m just saying this so that nobody thinks I’m trying to make some sort of “close as family” connection with a huge character like Naruto. Don't want to reek of inflated character importance or anything.

Oh, Darkandus, I mentioned my character worked with your sort-of thief a few times so they are at least familiar with one another. Hope that's alright.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » September 16th, 2009, 8:47 pm

Honestly, we only currently have one NPC older than your guy. She's nearly all low A or higher ranked (one high B-rank skill), but she also was Jounin a year before your guy graduated the Academy. Upside, putting your stuff in allowed me to spot where a couple entries were missing their years that needed to have years listed. Continuity issues, corrected!
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Darkandus » September 16th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Oh, Darkandus, I mentioned my character worked with your sort-of thief a few times so they are at least familiar with one another. Hope that's alright.
Thief? I prefer the term Contract annihilator/aquisitor. :biggrin2
Darkandus

Unread postby spudman » September 16th, 2009, 11:08 pm

I'm getting the feeling that Nishiyori's experience with working with Ando was an annoying one.

I think I'll start out in the tower.

Phht, so you're saying Nishiyori's level of strength is just fine? His physical stats could be a scooch better (seeing as I did give him an S in taijutsu...). But figured I shouldn't overdo things there since the letter ones were high.

Might make his ninjutsu B+/A-, but it seems appropriate that it's a solid B right now. Reflects that he's kind of rusty with a lot of his jutsus, seeing as using them would often blow cover...Maybe he's due for some practice.

Who's this NPC that's older than him? The Seventh?

I was a bit confused about the dates. AK means 'After Kyuubi', right? I assumed the 'present' is 66 AK, and he was born 27 AK, making him 39. But after looking at some other people's profiles their ages and birthdates wouldn't match up with the 'After Kyuubi' system.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » September 16th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Thief? I prefer the term Contract annihilator/aquisitor. :biggrin2
Artefact Liberator

Name seems fine to me. If you want "Kamui" is power of God. But your name seems fine.
Good we need more old people :biggrin1
Your stats seem fine to me, You're a high ranked guy so...
serbii

Unread postby serbii » September 21st, 2009, 11:44 pm

Yeah, so, serbii had an exam to study for, which means she got a lot of non-exam related stuff done, anyway pictures of the girls.
ImageImage
Because I'm a horrible procrastinator.
(Incidentally the exam went well, I am so lucky I'm clever enough to balance out some of my laziness)
serbii

Return to “%s” Dossiers