World Discussion

Discussions of the various villages and political alliances.

Re: World Discussion

Unread postby spudman » September 24th, 2010, 10:36 pm

... were they led by a "King"?
Either that, or there wasn't a king at the start but the Pirate Wars came to a close when a new king emerged. :biggrin:
spudman

Unread postby Phht » September 24th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of samurai. And, given that most conflicts seem to be between ninja after 1GSW, I could see it being a "Reserves" style thing where they show up once or twice a year for training, and get called up for duty in the event of actual war.

--

There no _listed_ wars so far between 4GSW and present. There was a bit of an annex attempt of Whirlpool by a faction of Water Country in 98AF, but that was a one off thing and not protracted. But, given that there's only been ~20 years peace between each GSW, that'd put one occurring ~100-110AF and another 120+ AF. Both would be during Naruto's reign (well, except if the last one was 124AF or later), so it's possible that he was all diplomatic and kept things from going to GSW level (3+ great villages in the war, I think. 3GSW's Suna/Iwa/Konoha, IIRC, so yeah). Doesn't mean there were fights between Iwa and Kumo, or Kumo and Kiri, or the like in that time frame, just not really major stuff that included Konoha so far.

So, pretty much, we have history up to the end of the war with Akatsuki... and then a history-less gap for the most part up to present day RP. Though tensions might have been mounting in the last couple decades or so. :halo

I seem to have implied (via "recognition" of a country or a country's official minor/moderate/major status) that there's possibly a yearly summit. It might be the daimyos or their representatives getting together once or twice a year to discuss issues (kinda like the Kage summit), and maybe village leaders/reps get together as well for the same purpose. It'd be the time that new countries or villages might get officially recognized, etc. Having that regularly might defuse situations and allow more peaceful resolving of a situation, leading to a much longer than usual peace time.

Well, that plus NARUTO UZUMAKI, NINJA JESUS. :animlol:

--

Speaking of pirates, the Sea Country entry does note a joint Suna-Kiri force based at Jiro Island out of Orochimaru's old compound there (not the one Anko blew up in filler arc) doing anti-piracy work for Sea Country's shipping lanes.

And I had a "filler" idea regarding pirates off Tea Country.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » September 24th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Well, there was a large Civil War up in the Wastelands area. That's why there are almost no Ninja or likewise around in that area; they were almost all wiped out.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » September 24th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Konoha should have been involved in SOMETHING, though...hmmm...
spudman

Unread postby Phht » September 25th, 2010, 12:00 am

Well, there was a large Civil War up in the Wastelands area. That's why there are almost no Ninja or likewise around in that area; they were almost all wiped out.
I'm guessing that's why they're called the "Wastelands" these days, eh? Got a general time frame for that civil war?

--

You know, with the whole question of alternate military forces from ninja, it brings up the issue of the ninja villages being the ones making the treaties and what not.
Spoiler: show
When a village is working on a treaty or alliance or what have you, they typically "request advice" on the topic from their country's daimyo. The "advice" from the daimyo kinda sets the goals of what he would like out of it if possible. Once the treaty is 'finalized,' the village "requests comments" on the draft from the daimyo. If the daimyo doesn't like something, either they go back negotiating or push on to sign it anyhow (which might sour relations between a village and their host daimyo). So while a daimyo is not directly responsible for the matters, he still holds a firm hand in the process.

However, treaties and the like between villages or, in countries with no hidden village, the daimyo are between the village and the other party. So if a country's daimyo ordered troops to invade without provocation a country that has a defense treaty with the village, nothing can be done. Unless the village wants to attack its home country's forces to defend its treaty partner, but that would likely result in a civil war between the daimyo and hidden village (which has never occurred in the 133 years of the current system).

By the same route, tariffs can be set in the treaties, but the village's host daimyo is not beholden to put them in effect if he chooses not to. So a good working relationship between a village and it's host daimyo are key.
--

Well, the thing I see is: if Suna gets involved in something, Konoha will get involved (by the alliance). If Konoha gets involved in something, Suna gets pulled in by the same reason. Konoha has Naruto. Given that we don't "know" what happened to the other 8 biju at the end of the war with Akatsuki, Konoha has the most powerful jinchuuriki (possibly only?). And Suna has the only living ex-jinchuuriki (also the kage). That puts the two in a pretty powerful position, and they're tight allies. And if Suna has a new Ichibi jinchuuriki, that gives them the equiv of two jinchuuriki before Konoha is brought into the equation.

Konoha did help rebuild Rain/Ame, and helped out the same with Whirlpool/Uzu. But that'd only really cover 84-100AF. Still got 33 years of Konoha coverage left open. It could kinda just be a period of peacefulness in the aftermath of Madara's batshit crazy plot.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » September 25th, 2010, 12:17 am

I'm guessing that's why they're called the "Wastelands" these days, eh? Got a general time frame for that civil war?
You make it sound like I'm not hilariously incompetent at plotting out timelines.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby serbii » September 28th, 2010, 7:35 am

Ahh timelines.
I've got an 11 event time line for 8 people currently in NQ.
Thank god for excel, that's just Leto's family.
serbii

Unread postby bookworm702 » October 9th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Quick question, what happened to Rock Lee?
bookworm702

Unread postby spudman » October 9th, 2010, 10:23 pm

Good question, I think someone's old teammate was named after Lee, but as for what happened to Lee himself I don't think that has been determined.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » October 9th, 2010, 10:45 pm

There is a Chunin Neji Lee, so he apparently had some kids at some point, who probably had their own kids as well by this point. As for Rock Lee himself, I don't think there's been any mention.

I think there's been (implied?) mention of Tenten still being around as a blacksmith or weapons shop owner or something, but I'm not sure. Neji, I believe, ended up Clan Head after Hinata married Naruto (and either Hanabi married Konohamaru, or became Hokage). Can't say I can think of anything more than that regarding Lee or his team.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » October 9th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Ah, you're right Phht, my mistake.
spudman

Unread postby leon89 » February 16th, 2011, 5:55 pm

you know i had a brilliant idea for Lee, he never got married, but rather had an apprentice that he treated like his own daughter, becoming her unofficial godfather. she did the same as her godfather and took up a student, that became her godchild. so on and so forth.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 18th, 2011, 1:17 am

Has the Name/Gender of Kurenai and Asuma's kid been established?
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 18th, 2011, 1:29 am

I thought Lee's surname was "Rock" and "Lee" was his personal name?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby leon89 » February 18th, 2011, 1:49 am

that would be correct Dragonsong
Nope
leon89

Unread postby spudman » February 18th, 2011, 4:07 am

I always kind of assumed Lee was an exception to the "surname first then given name" rule since he and Gai are obviously an homage to Bruce Lee.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » February 18th, 2011, 6:15 am

Leafninja refers to Might Guy and Rock Lee's names as being westernized in their biography section index. Therefore Rock is his first name and Lee is his family name.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 18th, 2011, 6:48 am

Wait, so that means Might Guy's family name is "Guy"?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby leon89 » February 18th, 2011, 11:02 am

well ain't that just a barrel of pickles. i always assumed that Lee was his personal name because even Naruto (who is rarely polite and loves to use first names) calls Lee, well Lee. what you are telling me is that just about everyone is wrong about his name? it does make some sense that Lee would be the family name, it just seems odd to me, i've always called Lee, Lee.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Phht » February 19th, 2011, 2:26 am

Well, it could be bit of preference. Would you really want to be called "Rock"? Well, if you aren't a wrestling super star. If his teammates refer to him as Lee, then Naruto might accept that it's his preferred name and use that.

Kinda like on the first day or so of class and a professor is doing roll call and says to give a preferred name if different from first name (or whatever). I guess Lee and Guy would rather go by their last names instead of first names.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm

Hey, guys. Just came up with a bit of fanon I thought of using, and wanted to run it by everyone. It goes a little like:

The mental techniques and discipline instilled in the Yamanaka create a large amount of mental stress until they are completely mastered, and many deal with it with large amounts of emotional reaction. The Aburame's kikai bugs are directed by pheromonal cues, which are activated through controlled bursts of emotion, ala Raven from Teen Titans.
bookworm702

Unread postby Flux_Blade » February 22nd, 2011, 12:39 am

Has the Name/Gender of Kurenai and Asuma's kid been established?
I think someone had a character related to that person at some point.

And on the chunin known as Neji Lee, I wrote absolutely nothing about his family, besides being the grandson of Rock Lee, which could mean anything. If it works for people to have him adopt, sure, or if it is his child biologically.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Return to “%s” Intelligence Reports