World Discussion

Discussions of the various villages and political alliances.

World Discussion

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 12th, 2009, 1:28 am

Here it is, the world discussion thread!

Personally, I like the idea of Hanabi being Hokage. Perhaps Naruto retired due to the sheer paperwork and instead simply works with the ninja and fights for the village?

And, it has been suggested that he managed both Sakura and Hinata. Not how my fan fiction will play out, but it's hella funny here, so I'd be cool with that. What do y'all think?
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Re: Viridian Team's World Discussion

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 12th, 2009, 1:32 am

Put it this way; between the two women in his life, he was forced to step down from the Kage-dom to help take care of a rapidly expanding family. But since Hanabi would most likely have been made Clan heir, I don't think she'd be in line for the hat, conflicts of interest and all that jazz. Konohamaru or maybe Ten-Ten or even *shudder* Lee on the other hand...
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » May 12th, 2009, 1:33 am

*nod nod* Keep that. Add Hanabi is recently Hokage as we've mentioned Naruto a few times, even the genin so I think Hanabi should be fairly new to the job. It's late enough that maybe Hanabi or Hinata's kid has taken over clan leading when Hanabi stepped up to Hokageship.
Naruto retired to spend more time with his hordes of grandchildren.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 12th, 2009, 1:34 am

Well, if Naruto did change the Hyuuga, perhaps Neji was made clan heir.

So, since we have Uchiha around, assuming Sasuke came back and married a civilian woman. Or perhaps he was jumped by a few fangirls.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 12th, 2009, 1:38 am

Got drunk and wandered into a fangirl nest. And yeah, you're right, if Naruto did manage to change the Hyuuga, making Neji Clan Heir wouldn't be too much of a stretch.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 12th, 2009, 1:41 am

And if we Neji is heir we know little Hanabi wouldn't settle for less, so that makes sense.

So... Sasuke got jumped by fan girls and died at the hands of Madara, then? Perhaps Madara just got up one morning and stabbed in through the chest with a sword of fire chakra, or the like. We'd still have Uchiha, and yet, we don't have to figure out how the heck the village is supposed to allow an Uchiha back in.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Phht » May 12th, 2009, 1:44 am

Well, there's always Konohamaru as Nanadaime and Neji as Hyuuga Clan head (after Hanabi kidnapped Konohamaru and eloped).

Also, OH GOD at the possibility of Kurenai still being alive and a clan elder for my character. :leaving:

--

And all this just begs for the group to get tossed back in time to a pre-Tsunade Konoha ("Oh fuck. There's only four faces on the mountain. Rugrats, no using last names for any of us!")
Phht

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 12th, 2009, 1:48 am

And all this just begs for the group to get tossed back in time to a pre-Tsunade Konoha ("Oh fuck. There's only four faces on the mountain. Rugrats, no using last names for any of us!")
That... is a pretty wicked idea.

That would require a GM (Game Master), then. There is a reason practically every roll playing game out there requires one. As we are now we can kind of GM our own closest NPCs (non player characters), but going back people will argue of Naruto or Minato, or Iruka's correct reaction in the circumstance.

I guess we could just assign canon characters to a player and just accept the insanity that occurs. The main thing is to not plot too much that relies on canon characters acting in character for it to work, or you're going to get disappointed and tempers may rise; never cool.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 12th, 2009, 1:52 am

So how about the rest of the rookie 12? And who became Gai's new rival?

I could so see Sai/Anko, just because I don't think her crazy antics would effect him.

Or we could accept our going back in time affects everyone's personalities. I really doubt that half of the group won't try to change people, and not all in good ways.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Phht » May 12th, 2009, 2:11 am

I blame Tempest for putting the "polygamy" idea into Naruto's head. Totally not me. ;)

Though I think my guy's jounin-sensei was an apprentice to Anko at some point AKC (though as many people say, "You don't apprentice to Anko. You can only survive her.")

--

For now, I think time travel is a bit far off on our eccentric path.

As for Uchiha Clan restoration, I vote "test tube" babies (I'm sure they keep some required DNA around for such purposes in the event a clan is utterly wiped out or something) and say that Sasuke died. But I don't like Sasuke, so my opinion is biased.

I think Naruto's retired and is using his free time to spoil his kids (and possibly grandkids) while his wife(/wives) putter around the hospital or where ever they work. I think the others in his generation (should they still be alive) would either be clan heads or clan elders at this point. My vote is for Hanabi to be Hokage with Konohamaru as clan head (Hanabi as wife).

Related note, but I think we need a slightly different year abbreviation. With "After Konoha", that implies before that point is "Before Konoha" and that leaves a 40-80 year hole in the time line where Konoha exists (and the fact that the name is still in use past that point. Maybe "After Konoha Cratering" and "Before Konoha Cratering" would work better? Plus, AK could refer to "After Kyuubi" (referring to the attack that got it sealed in Naruto). Hmm, "After Pein" and "Before Pein" could be used in a similar fashion to refer to the point Pein attacked Konoha.

EDIT: Are we going AU from canon (as of latest chp) or T8 (as of latest chp)?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby serbii » May 12th, 2009, 2:27 am

I think we should use the Kyuubi as the reference point, I know the village would more likely use the cratering but I think it'd be easier for us to just go with Kyuubi, which measn we don't have to add 16 to get character ages.

The Uchia? Sasuke got caught, dragged back and used to make babbies? Madara decided he wanted some? It'd be a fairly small group.
serbii

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 12th, 2009, 2:34 am

I don't think we should head back in time. We've got a pretty cool cast now and passions run high in the canon timeline.

I don't know what I think about that suggestion, Serbii. So would "present" be 66AK (now know as "After Kyuubi")? I could roll with that.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby serbii » May 12th, 2009, 2:39 am

Yep, 66AK is 66 years after the Kyuubi and Naruto is 66 years old.
I think we should use it mostly just to keep it straight in our heads when things happened.
Just use whatever the most people are happy with I guess.

I vote no time travel for now.
(First thing Ushio would do would be bet on the chuunin exams :roll:)
Some sort of a plan/GM might be good though.
serbii

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 12th, 2009, 2:43 am

I vote plan. I don't think we need a GM at this point, just a willingness to include others and some kind of plan. I'm off to bed now, later y'all.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 12th, 2009, 3:26 am

Blast, this idea has run away from me. I propose two things:

1) Creation of a team thread, so that teams can be organized and roleplayed before going out to missions / Incidents.

2) Instigations of Local Mods. Is that possible?
AntiNaba

Unread postby MEKristian » May 12th, 2009, 2:37 pm

Raising Phht's question again, what canon are we running off? Team 8's, or Kishi's?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 12th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Since it appears that we've already determined the Sasuke had run off, and that issue has yet to be dealth with in T8, not to mention the suggestion that both Sakura and Hinata ended up with Naruto I would say we're using Kishi's timeline, though I say we make the latest issue the cutoff line for it, and then branch out into our own AU.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MEKristian » May 12th, 2009, 2:52 pm

Okay then... that brings up my second question: what exactly is Konoha's current layout in relation to the hole-in-the-ground?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 12th, 2009, 2:56 pm

By now it's probably a lake, so I'd say the village would be built up at a fair distance, and then as the years passed the hole/lake became a sort of tourist center, with a few resteraunts and such on the edge, maybe boat rides and the like (along with properly solemn remembrance days and monuments to the fallen) So basically move the Village about a mile or so off center from pre-Pein, and you'd have the current layout But that's just my take on it.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » May 12th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Blast, this idea has run away from me. I propose two things:

1) Creation of a team thread, so that teams can be organized and roleplayed before going out to missions / Incidents.

2) Instigations of Local Mods. Is that possible?
2) I think to get "local" mods for the naruto rp stuff, we'd need a naruto rp (sub)forum that someone(s) could be the mod over. Of course, Tempest is both involved in this and a mod, so we technically have a local mod. :halo

--

I like the idea of sticking with kyuubi attack as the start of the calendar. I guess I ought to chance my birth year then.

I wouldn't be surprised if the calendar prior to that was "After Founding" (or maybe it still is! But we don't know how old the village is, so doesn't matter to us), with the start being Konoha's founding.

--

I'll just note that we could still use T8 as canon up to latest chapter. Sasuke leaving falls after that point is would thusly fall under the AU side of things. OTOH, T8 canon means dealing with evil-clan!Hyuuga.

I think the clincher is the polygamy suggestion to Hinata and Sakura, which likely wouldn't have the possibility to happen in T8 canon barring some really wild shifts/events happening. So I guess that leaves us with Kishi canon.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 12th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Remember, folks, that this is set up 50 years after the village was levelled. Plan the characters accordingly.
AntiNaba

Unread postby serbii » May 12th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Hey have we ever said in any significant way that Sasuke left? We could just say he stayed or decided to come back or whatever. Or we could just cryptically refer to "the incident" as how we got Uchia back in the village and leave it at that.

Also I think the majority of Konoha should be built of Kyuubi-powered insta-inns. With the more important buildings being made of stone/plaster like before.

Anko married both Kakashi and Iruka 8-)
serbii

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 12th, 2009, 8:33 pm

We have more Sharingan wielders, and the Uchiha tradition of alcohol... 'The incident' indeed.
AntiNaba

Unread postby ewuvi » May 12th, 2009, 9:16 pm

...if you guys decide teams while I'm gone, and leave me out, I'm gonna be unhappy.

So it you guys do decide teams, put me somewhere, preferably not on some genin team please.
ewuvi

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 12:31 am

Shall we make a team thread?
AntiNaba

Return to “%s” Intelligence Reports