Iwagakure Development

Discussions of the various villages and political alliances.

Iwagakure Development

Unread postby Lthayer3 » April 1st, 2012, 5:46 am

So, Iwa. Here goes nothing.

Known notable characters:

Kamizuru [given name] (deceased) - Shodai Tsuchikage, clan is presumably extinct, flight jutsu
Mu (deceased) - Nidaime Tsuchikage, dust release, flight jutsu
Onoki (almost certainly deceased by the time of the RP) - Sandaime Tsuchikage, dust release, flight jutsu
Kitsuchi - either son or son-in-law of Onoki. I'm leaning towards son, myself.
Kurotsuchi - daughter of Kitsuchi, granddaughter of Onoki, lava release

Akatsuchi - going with the -tsuchi naming scheme and the large bulbous nose, I want to say he's part of Onoki/Kitsuchi's clan, too.
Gari (deceased) - Blast Corps, blast release
Deidara (deceased) - Blast corps, blast release, unnamed kinjutsu (knead chakra into substances), possibly related to Kurotsuchi (though I somewhat doubt it)
Han (deceased) - 5 tail jinchuuriki, steam ninjutsu (elemental combination?)
Roshi (deceased) - 4 tail jinchuuriki, lava release, better not be an Uzumaki

Thoughts:
Should I be using 'Blast', like I've always thought (and I see on the RP wiki), or 'Explosion' like I'm seeing on Narutopedia right now? Blast release seems to be an elemental combination bloodline, but are there accepted elements that create it? Doton/Raiton, maybe?

Problem with the existing timeline: Madara fought with Onoki shortly after Konoha's founding (and presumably before the Valley of the End battle). Onoki was also known to be a young child after Iwa was founded. The existing RP timeline has Iwa being founded in 3 AF, the VotE in 2 AF, and the Fourth war in 83 AF. The established facts do not work together at all with the first two dates. And the third date can only work with the facts if Onoki is in his late 90s in 83 AF. I rather doubt it, though, since I think he was maybe a decade older than Sarutobi Hiruzen.

How should this be resolved? Obviously the start of the RP timeline can't be modified (too much work), but as is, the timeline clearly isn't canon compliant. What could fix it, I think, is if Madara leaves Konoha before 13 AF and the VotE is in 14 AF (Madara apparently dying could be a big influence on villages being more outspoken to start the first war). That would give the following proposed timeline for Iwa (including births/deaths of tsuchikages to help keep ages and stuff in perspective):

2 AF - Onoki is born.
3 AF - Iwa is founded.
10 AF - Shodai Tsuchikage dies. (old age? I thought of making him die later to Madara, but that seemed excessive)
- Mu becomes the Nidaime Tsuchikage.
13 AF - Uchiha Madara enters Earth Country while searching for the Kyuubi. He encounters and fights shinobi from Iwagakure. Onoki, a chunin at the time, participated in the battle.
16 AF - Mu's more aggressive foreign policy leads to the beginning of the First Great Shinobi War.
- (First War needs to be updated to include hostilities between Iwa and Kiri)
- Mu and the Nidaime Mizukage kill each other in combat.
- Onoki becomes the Sandaime Tsuchikage.
25 AF - First Great Shinobi War ends.
26 AF - Iwa shinobi begin the long process of improving the defensibility of their south eastern borders
41 AF - Kitsuchi is born
47 AF - Second Great Shinobi War begins.
52 AF - Second Great Shinobi War ends.
62 AF - Third Great Shinobi War begins.
66 AF - Third Great Shinobi War ends with the Treaty of Ryokugyoku Toshi.
- Kurotsuchi is born.
83 AF - Fourth Great Shinobi War.
84 AF - Onoki dies of old age.
- Kitsuchi becomes Yondaime Tsuchikage.
94 AF - [unnamed son of Kurotsuchi] is born.
95 AF - [unnamed daughter of Kurotsuchi] is born
96 AF - Kitsuchi retires.
- Kurotsuchi becomes Godaime Tsuchikage
114 AF - Kitsuchi dies.
118 AF - [#1 born]
119 AF - [#2 born]
124 AF - [#3 born]
125 AF - Kurotsuchi retires.
- [unnamed son of Kurotsuchi] becomes Rokudaime Tsuchikage.
133 AF - Present day

If anyone can poke holes in this (rather doubtful, unless the RP did something with one of the characters), please let me know. I'll be posting more Iwagakure stuff over the next few days in preparation for creating my cute little genin team to participate in the upcoming chunin exam.

My current (very very basic) ideas for them:
Elite Jonin - member of Blast Corps, probably former captain. Very heavy ninjutsu user.
#1 Son of [unnamed daughter of Kurotsuchi] - Earth and Fire affinities. Much prefers Earth techniques. Has recently started developing his own Lava release style.
#2 Great great great granddaughter of Mu - Earth, Wind, and Fire affinities. Has trained with all three, but not very proficient in any of them. Not yet capable of any Dust release techniques.
#3 Child prodigy - extremely gifted with chakra manipulation, bloodline related to solidifying chakra (if something similar has already been used in the RP, I'll come up with something else). More of a prodigy than Sasuke/Neji. Probably roughly equal to chunin exam Gaara without Shukaku being given complete control. Knows a few basic jutsu of all five elements, but does not have an affinity due to his bloodline.

Entire team relies heavily on ninjutsu. All are slightly above average with taijutsu for their ranks, though they all prefer to avoid it. #3 has a bit of skill with genjutsu (well, the Jonin does, too, but he doesn't use it). Jonin has moderate fuuinjutsu knowledge, #3 knows some theory. #1 and #2 are proficient with basic weapons. #3 is below average in terms of accuracy. More details need to be worked out, but that's a basic outline of their abilities. Essentially, they're being groomed to be the next generation of leaders for Iwagakure. Having them all on the same team to show off to the rest of the nations was planned as soon as #3's bloodline manifested.

Should anyone else starting a character (or starting a new one for the exams) want to take #1 or #2 (or the jonin, for that matter) and develop them, just let me know and they're yours.

And if anyone has suggestions for the given name of the Shodai Tsuchikage, the clan name of Mu, the clan name of Onoki, or the names of Kurotsuchi's children, I would be extremely happy.
Lthayer3

Re: Iwagakure Development

Unread postby Phht » April 1st, 2012, 10:17 am

From the RP Atlas:
Iwagakure no Sato

Alternate Names: Iwa, Hidden Rock
Location: Iwa is located in the eastern third of Earth Country, just into the southern part of the Country.
Government: Tsuchikage

Recent History: Iwa was the second major village to form, coming three years after Konoha's founding. It has the distinction of being one of three major villages to participate in all three Great Shinobi Wars to date. The Third Great Shinobi War led to massive hatred of Konoha and the future Yondaime Hokage when his Hiraishin nearly single-handedly turned the tide of the war in Konoha's favor at the end.

Alliances and Treaties: Treaty of Funkakou Gai (signed in 25 AF), Treaty of Koganeiro Toshi (signed in 52 AF), Treaty of Ryokugyoku Toshi (signed in 66 AF)
It's really bare bones and doesn't really help much (the treaties mentioned are the ones that ended the first three Great Shinobi Wars). I'd probably drop the hate of the Yondaime thing while transferring it over to the wiki.

--

Use Blast, as the RP wiki generally supercedes Naruto wiki when conflicts arise. Also, note that Dust is considered a dual-element combination, rather than the tri-element it is in canon.

Something to take into consideration is that while we don't have an Iwa entry, we do have an Iwa Org List. Blast Corps is Iwa's special forces (equivalent to Konoha's ANBU).

--

We stop guaranteeing canon at some point during the Danzo/Sasuke bridge fight. I could've sworn the cut off point was mentioned on the wiki, but maybe I accidentally removed the mention? Hm. Well, in any case, somewhere between chp474 and 479 we stop canon compliance. We do try to integrate stuff revealed after that point into canon, barring it conflicting with established RP canon.

The battle with Madara isn't firmly attached to another event in the RP time line so far, so we can probably shift it around a bit to allow Oonoki's encounter with Madara. I based the founding of Konoha on Sarutobi's age, so he was born around the time the village was founded and was 16 when the first War kicked off. And if Oonoki was a contemporary to Sarutobi, yeah, he probably is that old at this point.

I'm about to go do yardwork, so I'll poke at the timeline stuff later. Iwa and Kiri were on opposite sides during 1GSW so there's implied chance of conflict, but I could probably wiggle something to allow the two Kages to clash because their interactions were great in canon. :D
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Phht » April 7th, 2012, 8:39 pm

Current Iwa Time Line:
Spoiler: show
  • 003 AF - Iwa Founded
  • 015-016 AF - First Kage Summit occurs
  • 016 AF - 1GSW starts
    • Iwa invades Taki's territory, Fire Country, and Wind Country
  • 017 AF
    • Suna and Konoha push Iwa back across the Wind Country border.
    • Other offensives nearly push Iwa back to Earth Country borders elsewhere.
  • 18 AF
    • Lightning Country begins striking Earth Country's coastline with its navy. Naval battles are indecisive.
    • Suna is pushed out of Earth Country, Taki nearly has all its territory back.
  • 019-020 AF - Western front largely quiet except for various probing attacks by both sides.
  • 021 AF
    • Iwa seizes nearly all of Taki's territory after Taki nin Kakuzu goes missing nin and wiped out a chunk of the village.
    • Newly formed Iron Country halts Iwa's eastern advance at its borders.
    • Hiruzen Sarutobi launches offensive that nearly cuts off the Iwa forces in Taki territory. Iwa is pushed back to Taki's ruins and the area's major port city.
  • 022-024 AF - All fronts stalemate into trench warfare conditions.
  • 025 AF - Iron Country brings the leaders together and negotiates a treaty ending the 1GSW
  • 047 AF - Second Great Shinobi War starts
  • 052 AF - Second Great Shinobi War ends
  • 062 AF - Third Great Shinobi War starts (some time during this war would be the Sandaime Raikage's 3-day stand against the Iwa army, I think)
  • 066 AF - Third Great Shinobi War ends
  • 083 AF - Kage Summit occurs, 4GSW officially occurs
  • 133 AF - Current Year
Modified Time Line:
  • 003 AF - Iwa Founded
  • ~012-014 AF - Shodai Tsuchikage dies of old age. Mu becomes Nidaime Tsuchikage.
  • 015 AF - First Kage Summit begins
  • 016 AF
    • First Kage Summit ends. Shinobi Alliance tentatively formed between the six major villages. First jinchuuriki created by Hashirama and the Uzumaki Clan using eight of the biju using volunteers from receiving village.
    • Madara attacks Iwa in attempt to force them to submit (Naruto chp562, chp575)
    • Battle at the Valley of the End occurs between Hashirama and Madara.
    • Iwa decides to take advantage of the in-fighting to expand Earth Country borders.
    • 1GSW starts - Iwa invades Taki's territory, Fire Country, and Wind Country
  • 017 AF
    • Suna and Konoha push Iwa back across the Wind Country border.
    • Other offensives nearly push Iwa back to Earth Country borders elsewhere.
  • 18 AF
    • Lightning Country begins striking Earth Country's coastline with its navy. Naval battles are indecisive.
    • Suna is pushed out of Earth Country, Taki nearly has all its territory back.
  • 019-020 AF - Western front largely quiet except for various probing attacks by both sides.
  • 021 AF
    • Iwa seizes nearly all of Taki's territory after Taki nin Kakuzu goes missing nin and wiped out a chunk of the village.
    • Newly formed Iron Country halts Iwa's eastern advance at its borders.
    • Hiruzen Sarutobi launches offensive that nearly cuts off the Iwa forces in Taki territory.
      • The Nidaime Mizukage and Seven Swordsmen of the Mist participate in the offensive while touring the western front. The Nidaime Mizukage manages to kill the Nidaime Tsuchikage, but is killed by him at about the same time.
      • Oonoki is made Sandaime Tsuchikage.
      • Iwa is pushed back to Taki's ruins and the area's major port city.
  • 022-024 AF - All fronts stalemate into trench warfare conditions.
  • 025 AF - Iron Country brings the leaders together and negotiates a treaty ending the 1GSW
  • 026 AF - Iwa shinobi begin improving the defensibility of their south eastern borders
  • 047 AF - Second Great Shinobi War starts
  • 052 AF - Second Great Shinobi War ends
  • 062 AF - Third Great Shinobi War starts (some time during this war would be the Sandaime Raikage's 3-day stand against the Iwa army, I think)
  • 066 AF - Third Great Shinobi War ends
  • 083 AF - Kage Summit occurs, 4GSW officially occurs
  • 084 AF - Onoki dies of old age. Kitsuchi becomes Yondaime Tsuchikage.
  • 105 AF - Kitsuchi retires. Kurotsuchi becomes Godaime Tsuchikage.
  • 125 AF - Kurotsuchi retires. Her son becomes Rokudaime Tsuchikage.
  • 133 AF - Current Year
That work better for you, Lthayer?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Lthayer3 » April 8th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Looks good. I'm mostly through fleshing out this Will of Stone stuff, and I just realized I need to integrate Naruto's philosophies somehow, too, since he'd have had a huge impact on all the countries post 4SGW. Haven't had as much time this past week as I thought I'd have :(
Lthayer3

Unread postby Lthayer3 » April 9th, 2012, 11:44 pm

Four Great Clans of Iwagakure:

Kamizuru
History:
In the early days of Iwagakure, the Kamizuru were arguably the largest and most respected clan of Earth country. They were Iwa's equivalent to Konoha's Aburame clan, utilizing and breeding ants, bees, and wasps instead of kikaichu. The largest difference between the two clans is that the Kamizuru do not act as hosts to their insects. Instead, they summon their helpers from extensive hives built on the clan compound, which stretches for several miles north of Iwagakure's walls.

During the First Great Shinobi War, the majority of the Kamizuru clan spearheaded an attack on Konoha itself. The attack was repulsed, resulting in the death of every able-bodied member of the clan. The last of the true Kamizuru were killed during their search for the bikochu and the First Tsuchikage's Forbidden Scroll.

Following the death of those final members, Onoki made the decision to honor his sensei and keep the clan 'alive' by granting the clan name (and eventually some of the lands and techniques) to any clanless children that wished to become shinobi. Years later, while still a shadow of its former glory, the Kamizuru clan is once again considered to be the pride of Iwa. While more traditional clans may look down on the reformed clan, members of the Kamizuru are respected by average citizens more than any other clan in the Elemental Nations.

Bloodline / Elemental nature:
Even before the members of the clan were not all related to one another, the Kamizuru tended to use all elements in roughly equal amounts. And as has been proven since the original clan's demise, their relationship with their insects is most certainly not a bloodline.
Nishiyama (Onoki, Kitsuchi, Kurotsuchi)
Nothing here yet
Urokono (Mu)
Nothing here yet
Gyokuseki (Onoki's wife, Akatsuchi)
Nothing here yet
--------------------
Lesser clans of Iwagakure:

Ookami
Nothing here yet
--------------------
Other families of Iwagakure:

Ishikawa
Nothing here yet
Rokushi
Nothing here yet
--------------------
Will of Stone:
Much like the citizens of Konohagakure follow Senju Hashirama's Will of Fire, the shinobi of Iwagakure follow the Shodai Tsuchikage's Will of Stone. But while the Will of Fire encourages love and peace, the Will of Stone is a philosophy that seems much more fitting for the typical shinobi, advocating individual strength of body and mind and a determination to be unmovable from one's chosen path. This philosophy can cause ninja of other villages to consider Iwa shinobi to have a 'heart of stone' when they seem to care more about a successful mission or campaign than their comrades. Iwa shinobi may also be regarded as hard headed, as they tend to stubbornly resist any opposition, refuse to negotiate until they have no choice, and avoid straying from a plan in motion. But, whether uncaring and mulish or determined and unyielding, generations of strong Iwagakure shinobi have been shaped by the Will of Stone.

The largest threat the Will of Stone ever faced was the Yellow Flash. Many of his enemies feared or hated him because of his power or because of the actions he took during the Third War. The people of Iwagakure, however, had a slightly different reason. Minato Namikaze was the embodiment of the Will of Fire, and when Onoki was forced to order his shinobi to flee the Yellow Flash on sight, it was like admitting that the Will of Fire was stronger. Having your way of life defeated is the harshest loss possible.

More recently, however, the philosophy has undergone a shift. While the concepts of strength and determination still largely dominate the Iwa mindset, the shinobi that fought in the Fourth War came to realize that the Wills of Stone and Fire weren't as incompatible as they had trained themselves to believe. If one's goal is to protect their precious people, and nothing and no one can move them from that chosen path, are they not following a form of the Will of Stone? Uzumaki Naruto clearly follows the Will of Fire, yet his personal nindo sounded oddly familiar to the shinobi of Iwagakure. While Iwa still emphasizes individual abilities instead of synergy, they have since begun to accept that their dedication can be directed towards less concrete objectives.
Last edited by Lthayer3 on April 21st, 2012, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Phht » April 16th, 2012, 3:51 am

We now have an Iwa entry. :)

Somewhat bare bones, I know. I'll probably update the timeline stuff tomorrow.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Return to “%s” Intelligence Reports