Character Relation Thread

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Viridan Dreams' Character Relation Thread

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 13th, 2009, 12:01 pm

Shikari-sensei: He stares flatly at Shiki. "That is your best attempt to appease my protective instincts? ...I'm almost sure that if you were lying you would do a better job." Shikari then looks up to the clouds in thought and begins ticking points off one hand with his thumb.

After a moment's more consideration he levels his eyes on his son. "Here are your options, it's time to make a field decision. Your first option is to reject Shiki's offer. If you do the team will get the day off, meanwhile, I'll go to the library and begin research the training techniques of a certain Green Beast, which we will focus on for the next month." He glances down at his exposed abs and then back to Kontan. "You could use a little more physical training, yes?"

Kontan groans and blushes, just slightly.

"The other option is to accept Shiki's offer. You then must locate Hotaru-"

Kontan cuts Shikari off, shouting, "What!"

Shikari continues despite, "-and convince her to join you; I will not allow you to enter the tunnels otherwise. You keep part of what you find, and the tunnels will most likely be done in a short day or two, but it is the more dangerous path."

(I'm stopping here so we can get some reactions or whatever; I don't want to be having my own little exclusive discussion in the corner over here, all by my lonesome! As a note for everyone else, Hotaru is our much disliked Hyuuga ex-teammate, to which both Ushio/Serbii and I said "good riddance" when she was promoted to chuunin and reassigned.

Concerning that epic entrance by Wittgen I must ask, did Hokage Hanabi get covered in mud, or is someone else assigning missions currently? If she did, someone really needs to RP that, it so could be full of win.

Don't worry Random_fan, I remember your request, but as I'm stalling for reactions Shikari hasn't gotten to the point where he will answer you yet. It depends on Ushio and Kontan, if they so choose to hit the tunnels and get Hotaru back.

Faux, feel free to be a part of the decision making too, this is your new team.)
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 13th, 2009, 4:26 pm

"Umm... sensei, which one of the green beasts are you talking about? It does make a big difference in how training is going to go. And just curious, are you having find Hotaru because she used to work them? Could we possibly look for another Hyuuga?"
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Phht » May 13th, 2009, 4:30 pm

There is a small bang, and the ground trembles a little. "What the.."

A series of smashing sounds comes from above is quickly followed by what seems to be a glob of sticky mud bursting through the ceiling. Strings of the goop adheres to (what remains of) the ceiling and bring it to a stop. Looking up, it's clear that it took the mud strings more than one busted ceiling to to bring the thing to a rest.

A hand pushes out of the quickly drying mud and a moment later, the rest of a man in a blue and grey jumpsuit and Konoha headband emerges. He stumbles a bit, muttering mostly incomprehensible curses and brushing off the tattered and alarmingly smoking remains of some kind of white overcoat.

"Bizzlesnitches myea cramarrah..."

Finally reaching the window, he shades his eyes and looks out into the distance at a tall plume of smoke.

"Well, that could have gone better."
Higure blinks momentarily before frowning and walking over the the new arrival. "Okay, while you get an A for effort, that entrance fails. First, by crashing through several floors you gave too much lead time for people to wonder what was happening. Second, there's no banner with your name and job on it hanging from the ceiling that you tossed into place while entering! Lastly, that entrance looked like god just had a bowel movement and you were in it!"
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Darkandus » May 13th, 2009, 6:08 pm

*A completly average, nondiscript man walkes into the bar before holding up a photo and compairing it to everyone. Spotting someone lying in the center of a smashed table he walks over and nudges them with his foot.*

Accordion, Check.
No shoes, Check.
Looks like he's in he's lying around in his own house, Check.

Mr Ryuusuke of the storms? Sir, I have a mission for you.

*A hand reaches up*

Hmm. Details.

*The messenger places a scroll in the upraised hand*

Lets see what we've got. Hmm.

*Turning slightly onto his side Ryuusuke opens the scroll, slowly scanning through the contents. The messenger winces at the cut up face and pool of blood Ryuusuke is lying in.*

Em, sir. Do you need medical assistance?

Hmm. If I needed medical assistance everytime I faceplanted through a table, or a chair, or a floor, or a windo...You know what. No, I don't. *sigh* Why am I always hired to fight monsters. I haven't fought an actual shinobi in over a year, never mind a human being. It's always Oni this, Dragon that. Save the princess from the fireball spitting Dragon-turtle thing with spikes on his back. And while you're at it would you mind escaping from his/her/it's massive collapsing castle before it crushes you to death under thousands of tons of rubble. Seriously, what is it with these freaks and their master dependent lairs? Do their lairs collapse everytime they go out to pick up some groceries or does it only happen if you kill them in their throne rooms. Hmm!

*Slowly standing up Ryuusuke seals his Accordion away and stumbles out of the bar.*
Last edited by Darkandus on May 13th, 2009, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 13th, 2009, 6:16 pm

*I punch Aoshi in the back of the head as soon as he's visible.* Next time you have the bright idea to show off one of your gadgets to the Hokage, do it outside! You're lucky a Rienzan doesn't require handseals and I only had to take two steps to get in front of her, or you'd have one very pissed Kage out for your blood. *The edges of my snow camouflage outfit are stained brown, notably the cuffs of my pants* Dammit, now I need to find my partner again! *I shunshin away, reappearing in the clearing*
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 8:01 pm

*A transperant fog-silhoette in the middle of the field speaks*

Took you long enough.

*Fog turns opaque, then solid*

So, did you find our third calibero?
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 13th, 2009, 8:07 pm

*I shake my head, brushing off as much of the crusty mud from my pants as possible.* Negative. Got sidetracked when Aoshi decided to show a new toy to the Hokage. The usual results happened, andhis exit was quite spectacular. It was also quite messy for anyone that wasn't behind the Rienzan I used as a shield. IE, everyone but the Hokage and I. After that I figured it'd probably be better to just meet back up with you after giving him a good punch in the head. Oh, and you remember that skylight you talked about putting into our hangout a few times...?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 8:12 pm

*Sigh* I'm going to have to talk to that kid one of these days. First the time he collapsed the Ichiraku memorial centre, then the Hokage, now this...

Right. Whatever. We should probably move out, I'll get a clone to leave a note on the table back out and we can scout the place while the last musketeer drives in. Time is currently... four in the afternoon.

*Begins to walk northwestward*
AntiNaba

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 13th, 2009, 8:13 pm

Higure reappeared outside the Hokage Tower and headed in to the Mission Office. Seeing the captured cat, he scowled momentarily before schooling his features. "Yo. Anything interesting available?"
*Poking though the available missions log* I don't know. It's been a while since I had a good trek outside the village. Anything catch your eye? *shoves mission log over to Yuuhi*
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 13th, 2009, 8:18 pm

*Sigh* I'm going to have to talk to that kid one of these days. First the time he collapsed the Ichiraku memorial centre, then the Hokage, now this...

Right. Whatever. We should probably move out, I'll get a clone to leave a note on the table back out and we can scout the place while the last musketeer drives in. Time is currently... four in the afternoon.

*Begins to walk northwestward*
*I hitch up my pack, tuck my hitai-ai in so it's not visible, and follow along. After a while, I start whistling.*
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 8:24 pm

Oh god, not that tune. You remember the last time you sung that? We were having a break in the Umikata down in Sand, and I was drunk enough to make up the lyrics... what was is again?

But if I were gay, I would give you my heart/And if I were gay, you'd be my work of art,
And if I were gay, we would swim in romance/But I'm not gay, so get your hand out of my pants

... yeah, I think that was it. Typical, Sand women are scary bitches...
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 13th, 2009, 9:07 pm

*I stop whistling immediately* You suck, you know that?
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 9:21 pm

*Shrug*

I'm alive, I'd rather be both than lack both.
AntiNaba

Unread postby serbii » May 13th, 2009, 9:36 pm

Shikari-sensei:
(I'm stopping here so we can get some reactions or whatever; I don't want to be having my own little exclusive discussion in the corner over here, all by my lonesome! As a note for everyone else, Hotaru is our much disliked Hyuuga ex-teammate, to which both Ushio/Serbii and I said "good riddance" when she was promoted to chuunin and reassigned.

Don't worry Random_fan, I remember your request, but as I'm stalling for reactions Shikari hasn't gotten to the point where he will answer you yet. It depends on Ushio and Kontan, if they so choose to hit the tunnels and get Hotaru back.

Faux, feel free to be a part of the decision making too, this is your new team.)
(I assume that we're going to do the tunnels thing rather than just calling it off and coming up with a new dungeon to explore. So first thing is find Hotaru. I'll RP her I guess, since you've already got Shikari. I'll go do her character sheet too. In my head she looks like the Female samurai from the disgaea games :roll:, I think all we've established is she's the snooty Hyuuga type and neither of us give her a honorific. Have any suggestions for her character? (Psalmy especially but anyone can add) since we're both supposed to have known her for a while. Heee~ Tsundere and crushing on that cousin you mentioned, can you make up a name for them?)
(Ichigo has yet to graduate to first name basis with Ushio by the way. Also 'exploring Konoha' was listed as one of her hobbies, hence the enthuasm despite the whole death trap thing)

Ushio: "Mmm, despite our, um, difficulties, we'd probably know how to work with her better than any of the others. 'sides we're not going to get paid, we can try for another Hyuuga but I doubt they'll come. I'm pretty sure I can get Hotaru *Kontan recognises Ushio's 'bribe/extorsion/blackmail face* to come. We'll have to stop by my house first though. You ok with this Matsuda-kun? Kon-kun?"

[ie. say yes and I'll go get her. Due to the time that's passed it'll be agree, I'll go tell her then we'll leave (in game) tomorrow]
serbii

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 14th, 2009, 1:20 am

Kontan: I open and raise my hands in a "hands off" gesture and shake my head. "Sure," I say, and then add just a touch sardonically,"Do your best, 'Shio." I then take a deep, fortifying breath.

-

Shikari-sensei: "Theres some of the spirit."
And just curious, are you having find Hotaru because she used to work them? Could we possibly look for another Hyuuga?"
"Ushio is right, Hotaru understands your teammates strengths, weaknesses, and the way they think. With such a potentially dangerous undertaking I'd like to bring experience with us. Also, giving you a chance to see how this team did function may help you find what roll you need to and can best fill."
"Umm... sensei, which one of the green beasts are you talking about?
He puts on a sly grin. "As for the green beasts, I refer of course to Maito Gai. For as much as his student surpassed him, Rock Lee-sama never was the teacher his sensei was. ...and I suppose Gai's training would be more bearable for you three, I'm only trying to toughen you up, not turn you off to physical exercise forever."

-
(
Heee~ Tsundere and crushing on that cousin you mentioned, can you make up a name for them?
Them? I can only find one person mentioned in context, that being the Nara who is part of the Ino-Shika-Cho team, unless, of course, you mean the whole team. Let see... Kontan means "plot", "intrigue", "soul", or "scheme"; the "ri" of Shikari means "clever", "an advantage", or "interest"; perhaps... Shikateru, "teru" meaning "to shine"? Perhaps his father, having a sense of humor concerning their family jutsu, though it both honorable and ironically funny.

For the teammates we could have Inona, "na" meaning "reputation", or Inosei, "sei" meaning "spirit", "energy", or "companion". Or she could simply be named Ino like her grandmother. For a Cho... "Chosa", "sa" meaning "difference", "make", or "help". Like his great grandfather Choza, but not quite.
I assume that we're going to do the tunnels thing rather than just calling it off and coming up with a new dungeon to explore.
(Well, it depends. MEKristian hasn't really jumped on the opportunity to Narrate, so if he's not going to I don't really want to Narrate that, I'd rather explore, so we may choose something else instead.
I'll RP her I guess,
Excellent.
Have any suggestions for her character?
Not much, except that she will no doubt be combative when it comes to Kontan and decision making. Kontan feels confident in his ability to reason and she feels confident in her ability to perceive, and therefore both think they usually know better. Also, Hotaru won't have any objects to objecting or making her opinion known, you know? Aside from that, have fun being a Hyuuga snot!
(Ichigo has yet to graduate to first name basis with Ushio by the way. Also 'exploring Konoha' was listed as one of her hobbies, hence the enthusiasm despite the whole death trap thing)
Awesomesauce.

As for time tomorrow, does 10:00 PM EST (8:00 my time) work for everyone, or what would be best?

MEKristian, are you going to want to Narrate the Root adventure? There probably wont be combat, so you'll just be putting us into traps, making things much easier.

Even if in the end we don't go through the Root tunnels Shikari can come up with something for us to do with Hotaru, no worries
)
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby MEKristian » May 14th, 2009, 1:34 am

(yes, yes... I'll "narrate" this idea)

Shikari-sensei: He puts on a sly grin. "As for the green beasts, I refer of course to Maito Gai. For as much as his student surpassed him, Rock Lee-sama never was the teacher his sensei was. ...and I suppose Gai's training would be more bearable for you three, I'm only trying to toughen you up, not turn you off to physical exercise forever."
*muttering* That's hilarious coming from a Nara....
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 14th, 2009, 2:38 am

Ichigo nods to his sensei before adding, "I see, then the physical training doesn't scare me as much, but if the traps are mostly taken care of, I'm fine with it. And how exactly are you planning to convince her to come, if you don't mind me asking?"

(well, I might have to sneak off for a bit, though I might be able to get out of it, if I can't I'll be gone from 10:30 eastern to 11, I think)

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Wittgen » May 14th, 2009, 4:30 am

Higure blinks momentarily before frowning and walking over the the new arrival. "Okay, while you get an A for effort, that entrance fails. First, by crashing through several floors you gave too much lead time for people to wonder what was happening. Second, there's no banner with your name and job on it hanging from the ceiling that you tossed into place while entering! Lastly, that entrance looked like god just had a bowel movement and you were in it!"
"Wait, what? What the hell are you talking about? That wasn't an entrance, it was..."

Aoshi makes vague hand gestures while trying to formulate an adequate reply to this critique on his "entrance technique."

"You know, never mind. I should probably report in to the hokage. Where is she? Hell, where am I?"

For the first time since impact, Aoshi takes notice of his surroundings. When he spots the Hokage, he realizes two things. The first is that he has by freak chance crashed into the Hokage's tower. The second is that he might be in trouble.

He can't figure out if that second realization is caused more by the Hokage's pale eyed death glare or the fact that her chuunin attendant is squeegeeing mud out of her hair.

"Oh."
Wittgen

Unread postby serbii » May 14th, 2009, 5:02 am

[Oh wow this is gonna be a lot of typing, Don't know how much I can get on tomorrow. I'm at my research project then I'm going out so we shall see.]
Kontan: I open and raise my hands in a "hands off" gesture and shake my head. "Sure," I say, and then add just a touch sardonically,"Do your best, 'Shio." I then take a deep, fortifying breath.
*whispers* "We don't do this and the jounin will think of some else, we really don't want to give them planning time! Look at it this way if it's horrible at least it'll be horrible for Hotaru too"
"I see, then the physical training doesn't scare me as much, but if the traps are mostly taken care of, I'm fine with it. And how exactly are you planning to convince her to come, if you don't mind me asking?"
"Heee~ Hotaru's still a girl after all. A Hyuuga girl too, you know how shy they are around the people they like. *wink* can't say anymore or Kon-kon would have to beat me up to defend his cousin's honour"
Kontan: "WHAT?!" <-I'm going to take liberties with little things people say so it flows, that ok?
*drops from branch and runs towards home laughing, Kontan and Ichigo follow*

-They reach Ushio's house and she goes in and comes back out with a book with several pieces of paper stuck between pages. They look at her to explain but she just shakes her head and heads off towards the Hyuuga estate.-

-Hyuuga estate-
*Ushio speaks to the guard in what she and her mother have dubbed her "Now Shio-chan we really don't want a war with waterfall right now, I don't care if the advisor's son is a prat don't antagonise him, just be good" voice and mannerisms*
Ushio: "Excuse me Hyuuga-san, is Hotaru-san home? I was hoping to speak to her if it's not too much trouble..."
*The Hyuuga gard nods and leaves to get Hotaru*
Hotaru: Kotone...
Ushio: Good evening Hotaru, could we go inside to talk for a minute?
*Hotaru looked pointedly at the the two boys*
Ushio: *wave wave* they can stay out here, this isn't about them anyway
*Hotaru nods and leads Ushio into a sitting room*
Hotaru, very coolly: What is this all about?
*Ushio still holding the books removes one of the photos stored between the pages and holds it up to show Hotaru*
*Hotaru goes crimson*
Hotaru: Wha-wha- where'd you get this?!
-The photo, ladies and gentlemen is of dear Shikateru, Kotan's cousin, shirtless and wet lying on the grass*
Ushio: After you left we met up his team by chance on one of the training grounds. He agreed to help us with waterwalking, made the surface all bumpy you know?
*The effect of Hotaru's death glare is significantly lessened by the red blush across her nose, poor pale skinned Hyuuga*
Hotaru, seriously: What do you want?
Ushio: *sigh* some psycho jounin decided to set us a test. They decided we should explore some of the old tunnels by the crater, evidently they're full of traps. We could get sensei to call it off but that'd give them thinking and planning time to make a new test. These guys... well we didn't want that. So we agreed, me, Kon-kun and the new guy. But there's a condition from sensei, he wants you to come with and help with the traps...
Hotaru: I'm afraid one photo is not enough...
Ushio: I'll give you five. I've even got them from a few different days.
Hotaru: hmmm...
Ushio: *waves photo* A lot more permanent than watching him through a wall. Tell you what, I'll organise another training session with him, should be easy enough, and invite you along
Hotaru: ....Fine
*Ushio smiles and hands over the photos, Hotaru very carefully stows them in a draw and leads her out to the gate where Kontan and Ichigo are waiting*
Ushio: See you tomorrow then, at 8 by the south gate
*Hotaru nods stiffly*
Ushio: Bye bye Hotaru-chan!
*Hotaru scowls and goes back inside, Ushio laughs and heads towards home*
Kontan: -chan?
Ushio, still grinning: she gets -chan when she acts like a cute girl

[Ahh long, hope that was ok, Hotaru spent most of the time being kind of off balance. I figure there's a bit of Hinata in every Hyuuga girl, Hotaru's only really going to get flustered about Shikateru, most of the time she's going to be less off balanced and less uh, moe, every time she blushed it was Mio from K-On in my head]
[Ushio ALWAYS has a camera for precisely this purpose, she knew she might need something from Hotaru one day hence the Shikateru pictures, but she's got quite a collection at home. When she gets caught taking them she just says "You just looked so cute/peaceful/pretty/relaxed/cool. I couldn't help it!" while wearing a look of pure innocence]
serbii

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 14th, 2009, 5:06 pm

(Anxious to get to the tunnels, are we Serbii? It did take away some serious roll playing oportunities, but considering Hotaru and Kontan are going to be dealing with each other in the tunnels below, it's no big deal. I know, it's been a wee bit slow since I've been not getting on until far too late. Nice bait, BTW.)

Kontan: "I think I'm going to need extra sleep for tomorrow. A choice between hidding Naruto-sama's ramen or holding him back from it, that's what sensei gave us. I guess I should thank you anyway. I'm off, I've got some chores and a game of Go left to do tonight. Later!" I stroll away, and despite my lackluster tone, there is a certain energy creeping into my steps that is normally so absent.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 14th, 2009, 5:45 pm

(The faker is fine with it sensei :halo)

"Well, I should head home, though I don't think I should tell my parents about this. Don't want my mom mad at you sensei." He bowed before walking off towards home.

(I can write out what happened when he makes it home if people would like to read the poor young man situation)

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 14th, 2009, 6:02 pm

(Maa maa, don't be revealing too much about your character, it's much more interesting to see how he reacts in situations and then learn about his home life through analyzing that than it is to have it force fed through a wall of text, you know?

When you say "The faker is fine with it sensei" what do you mean, and who are you addressing?)
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Random_fan » May 14th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Well it's getting late I think I'll catch up with my team and tell them what I'll be doing tomorrow. Why am I saying this aloud?
Random_fan

Unread postby MEKristian » May 14th, 2009, 8:07 pm

*eating a bad of Marshmallows* Beats me.... Marshmallow?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Random_fan » May 14th, 2009, 8:37 pm

Yeah sure *Takes marshmallow* thanks *eats marshmallow then walks off*
Random_fan

Return to “%s” Moritake's