Character Relation Thread

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Viridan Dreams' Character Relation Thread

Unread postby MEKristian » May 13th, 2009, 12:17 am

Besides, I'll give you cut of anything valuable you find down there.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Random_fan » May 13th, 2009, 12:18 am

Nice try kid, but there's an old bylaw that states that genin team tests don't count as missions.
That's lucky, I was afraid I'd have to join the mission, anything but that damn cat.
Random_fan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 13th, 2009, 12:19 am

And if you find any scrolls that look like jutsu manuscripts, I'll buy them from you.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 13th, 2009, 12:20 am

Nice try kid, but there's an old bylaw that states that genin team tests don't count as missions.
That's lucky, I was afraid I'd have to join the mission, anything but that damn cat.
That only means you wouldn't get paid for it like it was a mission. It doesn't mean your sensei can't send you down there.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » May 13th, 2009, 12:22 am

Ahh well it was worth a shot. Can you at least try to get Kenta on the cat mission :D
*shrug* so long as Shiki- *remembers him threatening to kill someone for calling him san* Shiki-Sempai is pretty sure we won't die...
serbii

Unread postby MEKristian » May 13th, 2009, 12:30 am

... I'm certainly not your Sempai in any sort of the word.... "Shiki" is fine... you don't have to be so formal...
MEKristian

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 12:30 am

*Poofs into existence, laden with a few dozen jounin pockets full of ink and mini-scrolls*

Jesus, I leave the bar for a minute and you've gone off to play with the beardless. You must be some kind of heaven-sent for Kindergarten, Itsuki.

Here, Genin kid, shove off. We've got work to do. Itsuki, you still have to pick up the mission details from the 'Kage. And the secretary got that husky tone and asked if I knew what you were doing tonight.

*Whispers, glances at the Genin* I'm not good for Rubber, sorry. You'll have to visit a pharmacy if you want a sombrero for your fiesta...
AntiNaba

Unread postby Random_fan » May 13th, 2009, 12:31 am

That only means you wouldn't get paid for it like it was a mission. It doesn't mean your sensei can't send you down there.
I'm pretty sure my sensei wouldn't send me down there and it was more about getting the cat mission than going down to the abandoned headquarters of an evil organisation.
Random_fan

Unread postby serbii » May 13th, 2009, 12:40 am

... I'm certainly not your Sempai in any sort of the word.... "Shiki" is fine... you don't have to be so formal...
*vaguely waves at the large concentration of crazy, sociopathic jounin in the area* Figured it was better to be safe. But thanks :)
So where abouts is the entrance?

*Actually looking forward to exploring down there except for the whole death thing*
-I get the distinct feeling Kontan will not XD-

[We should probably wait for psalmy and make a new topic for this and for the jounin mission when they head off]
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 13th, 2009, 12:46 am

*Poofs into existence, laden with a few dozen jounin pockets full of ink and mini-scrolls*

Jesus, I leave the bar for a minute and you've gone off to play with the beardless. You must be some kind of heaven-sent for Kindergarten, Itsuki.

Here, Genin kid, shove off. We've got work to do. Itsuki, you still have to pick up the mission details from the 'Kage. And the secretary got that husky tone and asked if I knew what you were doing tonight.

*Whispers, glances at the Genin* I'm not good for Rubber, sorry. You'll have to visit a pharmacy if you want a sombrero for your fiesta...
*I flush a little, then scowl* She's trying to catch me on the rebound. Ugh. How many times have I had to tell her, I'm not interested in her like that! You'd think she's obsessed with me or something. *I square my shoulders* Well, better get this over with. I'll meet back up with you here once I'm done. Try not to mentally scar the kids too much while I'm gone. I don't want to miss the show.

*I shunshin away*
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » May 13th, 2009, 1:03 am

Higure pops one of his flak jacket pockets open and starts to retrieve something just before Tempest flickers away. After a short pause, he leaves the item in there and closes the pocket again. "Hm. Go check out extremely booby-trapped tunnels under Konoha with genin, or go see if there's some thrilling mission for me. Decisions, decisions."
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 13th, 2009, 1:33 am

*Having long since abandoned the perch watching the genin, I wander into the mission office carrying a docile cat by the scruff of the neck*

Here's the cat. I put it under a sleeping genjutsu, so don't worry if it won't wake up. I'll take my pay now. And no, I don't care that it's just a D-rank, I need the cash right now.
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 1:55 am

Higure pops one of his flak jacket pockets open and starts to retrieve something just before Tempest flickers away. After a short pause, he leaves the item in there and closes the pocket again. "Hm. Go check out extremely booby-trapped tunnels under Konoha with genin, or go see if there's some thrilling mission for me. Decisions, decisions."
You can be executed on sight for attempting to deliberately place under-skilled ninja in lethal situations for unnecessary means. That's always an option, kiddo.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 13th, 2009, 2:11 am

Shikari-sensei: "You've cleared the tunnels, you say? Considering you are not 'technically' shinobi of Konoha this seems to have me putting my genin at risk while I have little insurance of your honesty."

"...I may agree to this yet, though. Answer me this: why have you not found the treasure yourself yet?"

-

Kontan: "Are you seriously considering this? Well, it was a good try 'Shio, but if sensei is going for it we won't have much say in the matter. I'm still trying to get some leverage on him, blackmail material, the like." I narrow my eyes at my father in frustration.

Turning to the newest genin arrival I ask, "So, what happened to the rest of your team?"

(I think creating a topic for the genin cave crawl, if Shikari accepts it, is a good idea. MEKristian, will you be Dungeon Mastering (you give us the lay of the land, what things we encounter, etc?)
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 13th, 2009, 2:14 am

Shikari, you can't honestly be considering letting this outsider run around with your kids, can you?
AntiNaba

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 13th, 2009, 2:19 am

Shikari-sensei: "I have considered a lot of things I have not done." He shifts his weight from one foot to the next. "Yet, this is one of the more outlandish ones."

(I suggest we move the discussion of what would happen in this "dugeon crawl", he he, to the the Team Creation thread. From there we can talk a bit more openly.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 13th, 2009, 2:21 am

"They promoted to chunin, which is good since I don't have to deal with Fugaku. I'll laugh if they paired with Hoshi's younger sister, I think the two are that closely related." Shaking his head he adds, "Though it looks like I've somehow ticked off our sensei, since he wants to go look inside a former Root base, I heard Danzo was psycho or something."

(whoops, I need more points in spot/notice/perception...) (If it would work better, ignore the first speaking part)
Last edited by Flux_Blade on May 13th, 2009, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 13th, 2009, 2:35 am

(I'm sorry, Faux, I meant to address Random_fan/Kenta (he is a genin, right?), but I apparently didn't make that very clear.)
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Random_fan » May 13th, 2009, 2:59 am

They're probably getting ramen or dangos we finished a D rank and I came to get some extra training in.
Random_fan

Unread postby Phht » May 13th, 2009, 3:10 am

"Okay, that is a stupid law. I would say it's not a law, but it would probably explain how I survived my jounin-sensei and she survived her jounin-sensei. Mission office it is then. Later folks." Yuuhi disappeared in a swirl of leaves.

--

Higure reappeared outside the Hokage Tower and headed in to the Mission Office. Seeing the captured cat, he scowled momentarily before schooling his features. "Yo. Anything interesting available?"
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » May 13th, 2009, 3:28 am

Kontan: I nod and begin checking through my belt, discreetly attempting to not reveal its contents.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Wittgen » May 13th, 2009, 3:43 am

There is a small bang, and the ground trembles a little. "What the.."

A series of smashing sounds comes from above is quickly followed by what seems to be a glob of sticky mud bursting through the ceiling. Strings of the goop adheres to (what remains of) the ceiling and bring it to a stop. Looking up, it's clear that it took the mud strings more than one busted ceiling to to bring the thing to a rest.

A hand pushes out of the quickly drying mud and a moment later, the rest of a man in a blue and grey jumpsuit and Konoha headband emerges. He stumbles a bit, muttering mostly incomprehensible curses and brushing off the tattered and alarmingly smoking remains of some kind of white overcoat.

"Bizzlesnitches myea cramarrah..."

Finally reaching the window, he shades his eyes and looks out into the distance at a tall plume of smoke.

"Well, that could have gone better."
Wittgen

Unread postby serbii » May 13th, 2009, 6:36 am

Shikari-sensei: "You've cleared the tunnels, you say? Considering you are not 'technically' shinobi of Konoha this seems to have me putting my genin at risk while I have little insurance of your honesty."

"...I may agree to this yet, though. Answer me this: why have you not found the treasure yourself yet?"

-

Kontan: "Are you seriously considering this? Well, it was a good try 'Shio, but if sensei is going for it we won't have much say in the matter. I'm still trying to get some leverage on him, blackmail material, the like." I narrow my eyes at my father in frustration.
*climbs back onto her branch and curls up on it* "Mmm, I'd help but he's too perceptive to catch. If you ever have the opportunity I have the camera.
I get the feeling all we're going to find is mud. Still, exploring the secret tunnels of old Konoha sounds fun. Except for the traps of death, musn't forget them. *sigh* We really could have done with Hotaru on this one, she'd probably be better at finding traps than us. Ces't la vie I guess"

[Off to the team thread to try to figure out how the dungeon is being run, then I guess we can start if everyone's ready and we know who's coming]
serbii

Unread postby Random_fan » May 13th, 2009, 7:43 am

Well, if you guys are serious about going down into a trap filled secret chamber, do you mind if I come with. It'd be better training than I'd get here.
Random_fan

Unread postby MEKristian » May 13th, 2009, 10:57 am

(I think creating a topic for the genin cave crawl, if Shikari accepts it, is a good idea. MEKristian, will you be Dungeon Mastering (you give us the lay of the land, what things we encounter, etc?)
Beats me. I figure a fresh pair of eyes or three would be better suited to finding whatever I'm missing.

And I certainly can't give you insurance of honesty, but I can go with them to make sure they don't horribly die down there....
MEKristian

Return to “%s” Moritake's