Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Unread postby spudman » February 3rd, 2010, 2:53 am

Pfffftttttt

Even if that is how slavery is in Mori, Tempy, its misses the point.

Not bad at all Anti, but this ain't over yet.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 3rd, 2010, 3:31 am

Hey Anti, you know I'm just joking in that one post, right?

Also, one little detail Kumiko overlooked. We've only got her word for any of that description. And considering that her entire Village was sealed off for so long and hasn't been in contact with the outside world until a very short time ago, relatively speaking,, I'm having a hard time reconciling that fact with the pretty little picture she just painted.
Exactly. But they had slaves before. Enough to breed a line of servants.
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » February 4th, 2010, 4:22 am

"Roaches again..."

would the little shadows scatter if Nishiyori chucked a kunai at them?

Then again, maybe best to pretend they're not there.

Oh, should we bother with interaction between Hinata, Hanabi, and Naruto. Or off-screen that?
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 4th, 2010, 4:56 am

He'd have to be quick. They're like the Gneeches of Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger, hard to hit from the corner of your vision.

These are like... flickers. Like a computer switching on and off waaaay in the background.

(Also, what was in that PM?)

As for interaction, if you guys wanna, I've no qualm with it.
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » February 4th, 2010, 6:22 am

*nod* So nothing definite, but Nishi would probably have a feeling.

The PM was just a thought on putting more lighting in the room, but I dismissed that idea.

Although I do have this fun idea for a different surprise. Depending on Kojira's actions it might or might not be triggered. I feel I should say something since you've said so much...your call.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 4th, 2010, 3:57 pm

Nobody can go in until Hanabi has left.

As for who goes in... One uses Earth, one uses the other.
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » February 6th, 2010, 1:47 am

Tsukiko's not going to endorse slavery in any way, obviously. So either go back to touring or do something else. Mostly just excuse for an eventual skip to whenver Hanabi comes around.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 6th, 2010, 2:14 am

I thought we were still touring?
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » February 6th, 2010, 2:23 am

Hm, yes they are. Shopping would have been considered part of that...but not just touring, since it's also involves specifically looking to buy stuff. The standard sightseeing and such was what I meant in the last post by "getting back to touring". Sorry about that. It makes sense in my head!

So once again, yes they are still on tour.

But for now, lunch.

Oh, by the way...are those little shadow things in the Hokage's office as well?
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 6th, 2010, 2:56 am

Ah. Well, once Hanabi turns up, the fun begins. Everything beforehand was just the start.

There are no shadows in the Hokage's office. If the trap man checks with her, that'll be a good reaso to be certain that the Hokage Sanctum is the target.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 6th, 2010, 3:09 am

Anti, that was evil right there. We know she's the villain, but that, that was just EVIL.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 6th, 2010, 3:51 pm

If High society taught Kuiko anything, its how to act.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 6th, 2010, 8:35 pm

And Tsukiko would probably be smart enough to give the thing a once over with the Byakugan while Kumiko's back is turned.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » February 6th, 2010, 10:28 pm

There's probably nothing about it that the byakugan would find odd, I imagine. Her eyes can already see the detail of it, thus why she thought a professional made it (which is apparently the case). The byakugan might be able to see more detail...wasn't ever quite sure on that point.

Anyway, whether Tsukiko thinks Kumiko is telling the whole truth or not, challenging an official's word is a tricky proposition. I'm just kind of surprised Kumiko would risk the value of her word so casually.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 7th, 2010, 3:35 am

Kumiko? Valuing a word?

DOHOHOHOHOHO.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 7th, 2010, 4:26 am

Yeeeeeeah, I was a little skeptical on the whole "I made it myself" bit too. She's high society, the next Matriarch if what Kojira's said can be trusted. Why would she have any sort of training in woodworking?
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » February 8th, 2010, 2:49 am

People do have hobbies. But yeah, it is pretty fishy.

Edit: Wow, I'm going to have to think on that one for a bit, Anti.

And Kumiko's true self is pleasant, as usual. :roll: Heh.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 8th, 2010, 4:48 am

Yeeeeeeah, I was a little skeptical on the whole "I made it myself" bit too. She's high society, the next Matriarch if what Kojira's said can be trusted. Why would she have any sort of training in woodworking?
Woodworking (Generally for making swords and other traditionally-metal weapons. Mori has precious little metal), Archery and meditation are considered to be 'Noble' endeavours for women in Kuroda society. Also, you can trust Kojira on the next Matriarch thing, it's not something worth lying about, or having been lied to about.
People do have hobbies. But yeah, it is pretty fishy.

Edit: Wow, I'm going to have to think on that one for a bit, Anti.

And Kumiko's true self is pleasant, as usual. :roll: Heh.
The fact that she's owned slaves has actually altered her personality. She sees a person: It's either somebody to be controlled (Back home, this was everyone else) or to wrest control from. She doesn't want power, she wants to control people with power.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 8th, 2010, 1:32 pm

I think she's gonna find that easier said than done in Konoha. I hope.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 9th, 2010, 9:32 pm

DUN DUN DUN.

Kojira, you scoundrel! How dare you make vague exposition through my edit! How dare you hint in the unwanted mission about a second girl involved with you and Kumiko!
AntiNaba

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 10th, 2010, 12:23 am

Oh ho ho, the plot thickens.

(Actually, it means nothing. It just ties in with his exile and one of the reasons Kumiko became who she is. You guyzse ain't angery like you iz?)
AntiNaba

Unread postby serbii » February 10th, 2010, 12:29 am

Ahaha I think I'm enjoying this almost as much as you.

Oh and I keep forgetting to say, you mentioned a while back that we all jumped on the use-raiton thing and Kojira wondered why everyone went for Raiton attacks when only Itsuki had reason to know.
It was coincidence :P, the twins just happened to have the right element, it wasn't deliberate. But of course now Itsuki's told everyone about it....
serbii

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 10th, 2010, 12:37 am

Ah, my bad.

Its fortunate that Raiton is extremely rare in Mori. The entire village would've blasted itself to bits.
AntiNaba

Unread postby MEKristian » February 10th, 2010, 12:41 am

Just throwin' around world stuff. Can't do dramatic story telling like the Naba. :|
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Return to “%s” Moritake's