Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 10th, 2010, 12:44 am

From your emoticon, I assume this is bad?
AntiNaba

Unread postby MEKristian » February 10th, 2010, 12:49 am

I'm saying you're a much better story teller than I am.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 10th, 2010, 12:51 am

Oh, flatterer.

AntiNaba

Unread postby serbii » February 10th, 2010, 1:38 am

Ah, my bad.

Its fortunate that Raiton is extremely rare in Mori. The entire village would've blasted itself to bits.
With the Mori philosophy they might kill them off fairly early.

The twins are half Kumo-ish/Kumo-ese/whatever. That's where they got raiton from.

-snerk- Oh Skeletor
serbii

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 10th, 2010, 2:34 am

Or the users keep it secret until the time is right. They have a major advantage that isn't really present in Mori, though.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 10th, 2010, 3:04 am

Or the users keep it secret until the time is right. They have a major advantage that isn't really present in Mori, though.
The ability to function as a team seamlessly, as opposed to the master/servent relations that seem to dominate Mori? Or the fact that they've got backup at the first sign of trouble, without having to ask for it?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » February 10th, 2010, 3:04 am

As to the village sensor barrier... maybe not make a change for one person (Kumiko), but to get better detection of any Augment wearing/using people? From what the higher ups are seeing, Mori is looking to be unfriendly so having an easier time detecting them would be a good move. If either Kuroda gets caught (on camera or in person) stealing something from the Tower, then it becomes more important.

Though, it seems like all it does is register an "invalid" breech of the barrier, and not where they go after entering. When Animal Realm was tossed through the barrier, the report was "gate, sector" and nothing more specific like they could track within the barrier. OTOH, it is possible that after Pein's invasion, Konoha worked to upgrade the barrier seals, etc to handle picking up people within the barrier (possibly "tagging" them if they cross the barrier illegally? Or maybe all visitors get "tagged" in and out whenever they cross the barrier?). Altering the detection to include tagging any Augment using people within the barrier (plus the regular tagging of visitors) might not be too huge a stretch. ... Along with equipping the Barrier teams with wireless radios to communicate with to take advantage of the upgrades. (for that matter, where do the Barrier teams fit into Konoha's forces?)
Noticed this a couple pages back.

Assume the issue (as far as augments) is being worked on, but no solution just yet?

*sigh* still trying to think of Tsukiko's response...getting a better handle on it but man it's hard.

Edit: Ah, does Konoha have a civilian police force, or is it just the Military Police?
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 10th, 2010, 3:06 am

Assume that due to the multiple 'pings' given off by the augments, both Kuroda effectively mark themselves out. Kojira is constantly marked, Kumiko is not (Except for her temper tantrum at the start).

Whether Kojira knows about this system (50/50) is something I'm trying to figure out in ramifications. If he does, he'll 'swap'. If not, he'll do whatever he's planning.
The ability to function as a team seamlessly, as opposed to the master/servent relations that seem to dominate Mori? Or the fact that they've got backup at the first sign of trouble, without having to ask for it?
Ha, no, nowhere near as social. It's a one-man system. You'll feel the effects of it, though.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 10th, 2010, 3:15 am

Ah, you're talking about Kojira and Kumiko. I thought you were talking about the other PCs.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » February 10th, 2010, 3:37 am

Does Konoha have a civilian police force, or is it just the Military Police (if just the MP, is it solely made up of ninjas or civilians & ninjas)?

Yeah, this was an edit in my last post. But maybe it wasn't noticed...
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 10th, 2010, 3:40 am

I'm thinking that by this point in time, the ninja population has probably increased enough for them to have a mixed Police force. In other words, some ninja, along with civilians with specialized training that aren't cut out for raw fieldwork, and regular civilians to handle the administrative side of things.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » February 10th, 2010, 6:07 am

Yeah, I think I concur with Tempest. The KMP is probably more oriented to dealing with civilian crime and low level ninja crime, while higher level ninja crime would probably get a call to the ANBU to assist. While "Military Police" implies that all involved are in the military (technically true!), it's more of a throwback to the original KMP, which was founded back in more militaristic times for the village. There can be ninja in the KMP - it's possible that the higher level jobs within the KMP are ninja-only, or certain units within the KMP require ninja-ness - but being a ninja is not required.

There's also probably police ranks that'll correspond to ninja ranks. Sorta based using JP police and ranks, maybe: Inspector (Captain) - Jounin, Assistant Inspector (Lieutenant) - Special Jounin, Police Sergeant - Chunin, Police Officer - Genin. There's several stations spread around the village in addition to the KMP HQ to reduce response times. Not sure if they'd go so far as to have koban/neighborhood-police-substations though. KMP's led by the Superintendent-General, and each station is run by a Superintendent (normally a promoted Inspector). If they do have koban, likely either an Asst Inspector or Sergeant runs the location.

I would say to kinda base it off the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department and adjust for narutoverse.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Vael » March 17th, 2010, 4:12 am

Hey guys? What happened to the Hyuuga's Caged Bird Seal?
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Phht » March 17th, 2010, 3:49 pm

I think the decision was that somewhere along the lines - probably during the Rokudaime's reign - it was eliminated. Given that Neji was clan head for some period of time, that would be the likely thing.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Vael » March 18th, 2010, 2:11 pm

*sigh* what a waste, that seal would have worked perfectly well in a Prison (with special elements built into it so that the death function could only be triggered by the current hokage and the pain function active if there's a prison escape)
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby MEKristian » March 18th, 2010, 2:24 pm

I don't think Konoha's THAT ruthless Vael. They might use seals for restraining inmates, but not killing them outright.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » March 19th, 2010, 8:33 pm

It might be possible that they came up with (or are working on) a modified seal that protects the bloodline but doesn't have punishment applications.

I remember reading something similar from Nasdaq's fic Naruto: Shinseiki.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 19th, 2010, 8:40 pm

There was something similar created in "Yet Again, with a little extra help".
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » October 26th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Hmm, I seem to have hit a dilemma. I want to post a segment on Toshizo in the Yamanaka Clan Compound. I'd be fine with putting it in Between missions, but I don't want to interrupt the flow of Ichigo's dialogue. What should I do?
bookworm702

Unread postby spudman » October 26th, 2010, 10:35 pm

Just place a heading ih bold at the top of your post to indicate where it is taking place.
spudman

Unread postby spudman » November 2nd, 2010, 8:39 pm

Heh, at first I thought Shiori is kind of young to be Shino's daughter (younger than eighteen year old Toshizo). Then I remembered Naruto and Hinata's daughter Akane is only six.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » November 2nd, 2010, 8:42 pm

Heh, at first I thought Shiori is kind of young to be Shino's daughter (younger than eighteen year old Toshizo). Then I remembered Naruto and Hinata's daughter Akane is only six.
"Sakura-mama says Papa's got the vitality of somebody less than half his age! : D"
MEKristian

Unread postby bookworm702 » November 2nd, 2010, 8:50 pm

Well, we're sitting at 50 AR, so that means that Shiori was concieved when Shino was 50. Old, but not too old. Also, Toshizo thinks it's hilarious for some reason that his fiance is from the same generation as his grandfather.
bookworm702

Unread postby spudman » November 2nd, 2010, 9:14 pm

"Sakura-mama says Papa's got the vitality of somebody less than half his age! : D"
:animlol:

Anyway, age is less of a problem for men than women in regards to fertility. It's unusual for Naruto's age, sure, but it's more remarkable on Hinata's part.

We also don't know how old Shino's spouse is, she could be considerably younger than him.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » November 2nd, 2010, 10:11 pm

:animlol:

Anyway, age is less of a problem for men than women in regards to fertility. It's unusual for Naruto's age, sure, but it's more remarkable on Hinata's part.
I did the research; it's possible for it to happen, albeit unlikely. And they have all the crazy shenanigans involving chakra (especially the demonic kind) to boot.
MEKristian

Return to “%s” Moritake's