Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Expanding the world - NPCs and Locations

Unread postby spudman » March 23rd, 2011, 11:50 pm

Thought phht would have a better idea but what the hell.

I'm going to go with the idea that she can see a person's chakra network through fire (even chakra-made fire).
spudman

Unread postby Phht » March 24th, 2011, 12:11 am

Yeah, I'd have no idea how to handle that. I mean, a Sharingan can be blocked via chakra-laden stuff like Kirigakure no Jutsu, but the Byakugan seems to look more at chakra systems and flow rather than chakra energy itself and thus might 'filter' out the chakra-powered flames.

Maybe the chakra flames might blur the system a bit (like the heat haze shimmering effect above a fire), but probably not fully hide it.

--

And to be honest, I have no idea how Higure can contribute here. I mean, the guy is a mass of black stuff that can split off at will. He might not even have a nervous system for genjutsu to connect to. Best I could do is try to "rope" off the area with SEP-style genjutsu to hopefully keep anyone else from joining in the fight.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 24th, 2011, 12:12 am

I figure that jutsu-made fire has a weaker concentration of chakra than the human body. So it's be like seeing something through a waterfall. It's a blurry outline, but it's there.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » March 24th, 2011, 12:15 am

--

And to be honest, I have no idea how Higure can contribute here. I mean, the guy is a mass of black stuff that can split off at will. He might not even have a nervous system for genjutsu to connect to. Best I could do is try to "rope" off the area with SEP-style genjutsu to hopefully keep anyone else from joining in the fight.
Can't be sure unless you try. But the latter idea is good too.
spudman

Unread postby spudman » September 25th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Gah, changing the endochakra area of effect from a sphere into a "piercing" drain effect...

Change the seal (that'd require a high fuinjutsu stat, I think), stick it on the blade of a kunai and stab? Thoughts?
spudman

Unread postby Phht » September 26th, 2011, 1:17 am

Well, that certainly won't be from me! C-rank fuinjutsu. Any tag combo I can think of that might work would require going up and placing it on her so everything's facing the correct way. Itsuki's A, Tsukiko's B+, Rika's C... We might be out of luck. >.>

EDIT: Unrelated, but as part of a future plot thread, I could use ideas for obstacles/tests that require thinking/cleverness/etc instead of brute force. Things like safe cracking (if there's a security tag that'll go off if brute forced open), etc. If you have an idea, PM it to me. Nothing that has deliberate ways to injure the people trying to pass it, but there are no requirements that screwing up the obstacle/test might not cause injury/death via collateral damage or stupidity. Feel free to point out such ways with the idea. :D
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » September 26th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Okay, time to put on my bull$%^&&ing cap.

:idea:

Itsuki and Tsukiko will be our best bet. Together they may have enough experience/knowledge to work someting out.

A directed explosive tag makes the explosion into a "cone effect". Itsuki may have applied such a change to an endothermic tag before (ray of frost!) and Tsukiko may know just enough about chakra manipulation and associated symbols to help the application to endochakra tags.

:cheers:
spudman

Return to “%s” Moritake's