Google Docs Supplement stuff (formerly: RP Timeline)

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Google Docs Supplement stuff (formerly: RP Timeline)

Unread postby MEKristian » November 27th, 2009, 11:45 pm

Actually, I was gonna do the one in Mountain Country. Since you were nice enough to make a page for it.

Gotta work out exactly what to write first of course...
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » November 28th, 2009, 12:08 am

I try to assist where I can. Locations are listed by bolding the location name, then providing information under it (since I think I deleted the placeholder text explaining that on Mountain Country's page). If it'll take up more than one or two brief paragraphs, you might consider making an entry for it and only listing a brief description of the site while linking the location name to the entry.

The other will eventually be an issue anyhow. Maybe I could just call that area from Wind Country's northwestern border up to the top of Earth Country's western border (and some distance west and southwest) the Wastelands and say that no countries exist in that area (only widely separated cities or locations). Large numbers of nomad clans/groups that some times raid into the Elemental Lands.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » November 28th, 2009, 12:15 am

... *snark* Sure call it the wastelands, it's too perfect for a place-holder anyways.

Edit: There, Ando clan-stuffs added. Not much info, but it's there.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » November 28th, 2009, 11:59 pm

Well, I tried another email and I'm sure the account was made this time ("spudman84"). I believe I also sent an application in (password is still not working for me for some reason...).
spudman

Unread postby Phht » November 29th, 2009, 12:56 am

Okay, application has appeared and been accepted.

--

The "Wastelands" region will be a placeholder for locations/countries outside the Elemental Lands or Demon Lands. Once a region is made that encompasses some locations/countries, the ones in question will be moved to the correct region.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » December 6th, 2009, 2:40 am

For those people who like seeing progress bars. ;) This also hopefully points site members to areas that need work to get the site fully operational (and able to blow up stuff? :leaving: ) because everyone likes to see the progress bar move! As a note, all pages that just have the layout and maybe a little information on them are not considered complete - this includes a few of the mission pages.

Also, draft pages have been started for ANBU and Specializations. I'm currently working off-and-on with spudman on the ANBU page. The Specializations draft entry is currently basically a copy/paste from google docs. Also, I've added a page manager of sorts for the draft category, and all draft pages from now on should be made through that (oh, and spudman, the ANBU draft page was renamed, so the link I provided does not work. It's now here).

I'd like to eventually have entries for each specialization, but for now just getting the list created and 'complete' so it can go to work. Drop a comment (here or on the entry's discuss page) if you think a specialization isn't on the list that should or whatever.

NOTE: The google docs stuff is being depreciated by the wiki. Once the information in the docs is fully transferred over, I'll be removing the link from my sig and only providing the wiki.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » December 21st, 2009, 12:29 am

Been a while! I've been keeping updates generally listed on the front page of the wiki, but for those that don't check:
  • Updates since my last post
  • Taijutsu core entry was added (just a few minutes ago, actually).
  • ANBU entry added.
  • Specializations top page added (I may alter the layout to make it more friendly and less repetitive, but I'll keep that in the draft section for now).
  • Two characters added (Kai Yukari and Hotaru Hyuuga).
  • Two clans added (Yukari Clan and Hyuuga Clan)
  • Exams entry added.
  • List to hopefully complete before vacation
  • Taijutsu (jutsu) entry [DONE]
  • Ranks entry
  • Ninjutsu (core) entry
  • Jyuken jutsu-set entry
  • At least a few of the specialization entries
  • Maybe all the ranks entries
--

I'll be leaving for vacation in Florida the Dec 23 and coming back the 27th. My laptop is broken (lid starting coming apart on one side if I try to close the laptop), so I'll only be able to get on a computer if I can borrow my mom's new laptop during that time. If someone needs an admin on the wiki to do something that cannot wait until Sunday or Monday, serbii is an administrator and may be able to assist.

Vael, please flesh out the Yukari clan entry more. Clan techniques can be placed there for instance.

EDIT: Thanks muchly, Vael!

Also, a view of what I was planning for the Specializations page. Sortable tables! Or if people just want a non-sortable listing that looks like that, I can do that too. In which case, I can cut down on the repeats of the Specialization name so it looks a bit cleaner.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Vael » December 23rd, 2009, 1:38 am

No probs ^^
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby MEKristian » December 25th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Added some additional stuff to Shiki's profile. Mostly unimportant, but I thought I should mention it...
MEKristian

Unread postby ewuvi » December 25th, 2009, 9:42 pm

Randomly, due to me being an indecisive little person, Akita's first name will be changed to Aoi. Can the wiki be changed to reflect this?

So she'll be Akita Aoi. :D
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » December 26th, 2009, 12:05 am

Feel free. I'd suggest renaming the actual filename for her entry (not just the title), then using the "wanted pages" list to locate all pages linking to the old name so the links can be switched. After that, you might use the site's search to check for any other instances of the other name to change.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby ewuvi » December 26th, 2009, 12:45 am

This is the part where I say 'huh?' and ask how.
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » December 26th, 2009, 1:11 am

Bottom right corner of the page is "+ Options". Click on it to reveal a line of options. Rename should be one of the right-most options.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby ewuvi » December 26th, 2009, 1:49 am

Done! And no one's ever gonna read it, but whatever.

Still shows up as the old name on links, and I tried the plus thingy. I give up. :D
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » December 26th, 2009, 10:30 am

Well, due to my grandma getting hospitalized the day we left on vacation (at the hospital, x-rays showed she had broken her hip), I'll be heading home today rather than tomorrow. so I'll poke at that stuff tonight or tomorrow.

I renamed the page, so to get to Aoi, you'll need to change "ewuvi" to "aoi" in the url until the links are fixed.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby ewuvi » December 26th, 2009, 2:08 pm

I think I got it all fixed up. Thanks for your monumental patience!
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » December 27th, 2009, 3:29 am

Hope your Grandma's ok Phht.

Mine needs a knee replacement >_>
serbii

Unread postby ewuvi » December 27th, 2009, 7:12 pm

Well, due to my grandma getting hospitalized the day we left on vacation (at the hospital, x-rays showed she had broken her hip), I'll be heading home today rather than tomorrow. so I'll poke at that stuff tonight or tomorrow.
Hopefully she'll recover just fine.
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » December 27th, 2009, 9:21 pm

I have a question on the Specialization page. Though, more like a poll.

Which would be preferred for the entry?
Option 1 (current layout listing of specializations)
Option 2 (sortable table section)
Option 3 (unsortable table section)

I'm also looking at various ways to display the Xs and check-marks section of information. My main idea is to hide the Xs.
I think I got it all fixed up. Thanks for your monumental patience!
Eh. Taking care of the file renaming myself took maybe 20 seconds. No big.

--

Grandma's apparently doing fine, though mom says she's too groggy for someone not on pain meds. :?
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » February 3rd, 2010, 12:19 am

Okay!

I've kinda stalled on the specialization page layout - turns out you can't hide the true/false stuff or just leave them blank, so I'm considering other options (such as a green color block instead of the check marks, and nothing instead of the Xs).

Current plans are to get all Player Characters onto the wiki, followed by the specific rank pages (maybe be some reshuffling of info between the rank entry, exam entry, and specific rank entries), and then Atlas entries. My main push for this is to reduce the amount of information still sitting solely on the google docs.

--

Earlier today private categories were added to wikidot. What this means is that I can set view permissions for any category other than default (that is, no category, such as the start page). Currently the settings are "anon", "registered users", "site members". Admins/Mods can see all categories, so if a category is set with none of the three selected, only admins and mods can view pages in that category. If it's set for "site members", registered wikidot users and those not logged in won't be able to view. "Registered users" would mean only those people with a wikidot account that are logged in can view. "Anonymous" would be how the site's been up to now.

EDIT: I decided to make the category viewable/editable by all site members, thereby rendering the two paragraphs on the topic of deciding who has access on the wiki moot. It is linked to on the front page in the news, but here's the link as well.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » February 12th, 2010, 6:55 am

Given that RP has gone AU with the events of chp 481 (after all, how can he fail a coup attempt and get executed along with most of Root if he's dead here?), I do want to incorporate the flashback from that chapter.

As I have Nidaime dying during the 2GSW and Sarutobi isn't old enough in that flashback to have taught kids yet, I'll need to alter the timeline. Currently, I have three ideas on how to do so.

1) Shift Nidaime's death to near the end of the 1GSW. Since Kumo was fighting in that war according to RP history, it won't be a massive leap that he got killed on that front. This in turn means Sarutobi led Konoha through two great shinobi wars.
2) Shift Nidaime's death to in between the two wars. I've got two ideas for this option as well.
2a) Iwa hired them to eliminate the Nidaime as a precursor to kicking off the next war (or revenge for the previous war).
2b) Kumo sent the hit on the group for their own reasons.
3) Ignore age-specifics of the scene and place it early in 2GSW anyhow while preserving as much as possible.

What do people think?
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » February 19th, 2010, 6:11 am

I've added a large number of PCs (active and inactive) to the wiki since last update. At the moment, there should be only 3-4 player characters left to be added (Kyoko Ishikawa, Rika Kajou, Tsukiko Namikaze, and maybe one other).

A Konoha Military Police entry has also been added.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby serbii » February 19th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Nice job as always <3
serbii

Unread postby Random_fan » February 20th, 2010, 10:35 am

Added the article on RIka, though wouldn't mind someone who knows what there doing giving it a once over, it looked good though.
Random_fan

Unread postby Phht » February 20th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Pretty spot on, actually. Added your background section from forum bio, left off the clan (I'm thinking current ninja clans there, but I'm open to discussion on what should be considered a "clan" there) from the infobox, switched "Jack of All Trades" to none for the moment though that might change back, and added a few other things.

In the abilities section, you could add your guy's combat style and ninjutsu elemental jutsu preferences. The collapsible time line is pretty bare, but that's due to no year specifics in your background. If you want to add specifics to the time line from the history, just copy/paste the section inside the comments ( [!-- --] ) in the table above the row for the mission and replace what is in the cells with the information indicated for that cell. Or leave years-events for the time line in a post on the discussion page and let me know, and I'll insert them.

--

On the "Specialization certification" collapsible section that was added to the template recently (currently only in use on two entries and commented out on a third): this ties in with the in-progress specialization entries. In general, intro level (where available) and basic level certification does not mean you're specializing in that area (unless you declare such, in which case they'll be expecting you to get certified higher as rank/time allows). For instance: Medic Ninja Intro level is pretty much just a low level First Aid + CPR course. Basic would get into more in-depth non-chakra coverage of first aid+CPR (including basics of handling chakra issues via soldier pills and whatnot) and some low level diagnostic jutsu (maybe C-rank?).
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Return to “%s” Moritake's