Google Docs Supplement stuff (formerly: RP Timeline)

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Google Docs Supplement stuff (formerly: RP Timeline)

Unread postby Phht » January 27th, 2011, 11:05 am

As people probably have guessed, I didn't manage to pull myself away from games enough to get things done.

I did go and put that massage bloodline of mine into the wiki, for the heck of it.

Now, I have a question. Should we accept chp 525's new addition to canon of "bloodline expansions" and tri-element combinations, or leave that with the rest of the canon left ignored post chp 479?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » January 27th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Welll...it's not like we have to come up with what any combinations of three elements result in. It's rare enough that it's almost never seen apparently.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » February 20th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Okay, list of updates
  • Characters Added
    • Hai
    • Tatsumaru
    • Taru (in progress)
    • Miyu (in progress)
  • Jutsu Entry Added
    • Kouzui Jirai - B-rank Suiton
    • Mure Hotaru - unknown rank Katon (in progress)
  • Jutsu Added/Ranked
    • Iwagakure no Jutsu - D-rank Doton (Doton version of the Mizugakure no Jutsu concept, used in canon but only named in anime)
    • Iwa Bunshin no Jutsu - C-rank Doton (Doton version of Bunshin based on Mizu Bunshin concept)
    • Otoshi Buta - S-rank Doton (Anti-summon jutsu used during Pein's invasion)
    • Kaze Bunshin no Jutsu - C-rank Fuuton (Fuuton version of Bunshin based on the Mizu Bunshin concept)
    • Shinkuu Gyoku - B-rank Fuuton (Danzo's jutsu; Fires multiple small bullets of air)
    • Shinkuuha - B-rank Fuuton (Danzo's jutsu; Fires large blade of air, but is easy to dodge when possible)
    • Shinkuu Taigyoku - A-rank Fuuton (Danzo's jutsu; Fires one large air ball instead of multiple small ones)
    • Shinkuu Renpa - A-rank Fuuton (Danzo's jutsu; Fires multiple Shinkuuha in a short period)
    • Kazekiri no Jutsu - S-rank Fuuton (Anti-summon jutsu used during Pein's Invasion)
    • Katon Kage Bunshin - A-rank Katon (Katon version of KB based on the Raiton KB concept)
    • Raiton Kage Bunshin - A-rank Raiton (technique Kakashi used against Pein)
    • Shichuu Shibari - S-rank Raiton (Anti-summon jutsu used during Pein's Invasion)
    • Mizugakure no Jutsu - D-rank Suiton (technique used by Demon Bros in Wave Arc)
    • Ukojizai no Jutsu - S-rank Suiton (rain jutsu Pein used to sense any intruders into Ame)
  • Added link to Nishiyori and Tsukiko's entries to the dA picture illustrating the two.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » April 25th, 2011, 6:05 am

Two main updates since last time:

Konoha Ninja Academy has an entry (added back in March).

Also, Bunshin no Jutsu has been returned to Ninjutsu instead of being Genjutsu. It even has an entry on the wiki now. I'll be working on getting the related Bunshin entries up. In total, there should be Bunshin no Jutsu, Elemental Bunshin set, Elemental Kage Bunshin set, and a Bunshin family entry.

Basically, we kinda have a scale of Bunshin complexity and strength.
  • Bunshin no Jutsu (E-rank)
  • Juujin Bunshin (D-rank)
    • Same rank:Oboro Bunshin (Genjutsu) (and technically probably Mushi Bunshin)
  • (Common) Elemental Bunshin - Iwa Bunshin, Mizu Bunshin, Kaze Bunshin. (C-rank, based on canon placement of the Mizu Bunshin)
    • Same rank: Sumi Bunshin, Nendo Bunshin, Karasu Bunshin (and technically probably Suna Bunshin)
  • Kage Bunshin (B-rank)
    • Same rank: technically probably Moku Bunshin
  • Elemental Kage Bunshin - Raiton Kage Bunshin, Katon Kage Bunshin, Fuuton Kage Bunshin, Doton Kage Bunshin (A-rank)
    • Same rank: Bunshin Bakuha, Jibaku Bunshin, Shuriken Kage Bunshin, Tajuu Kage Bunshin
  • Tajuu Elemental Kage Bunshin (S-rank, theoretical based on Tajuu KB being +1 rank from regular KB)
Basically, Bunshin is used to teach a student how to create the shell that replicates their appearance and teach them how to have them operate independently somewhat. Elemental Bunshin are two ranks higher because they are a more complex/durable shell than original Bunshin (thus +1 rank), and they would automatically start at D-rank due to being an Elemental Ninjutsu.

Kage Bunshin switches from using a common elemental from one's surroundings to forming it completely from chakra including a chakra system while upping the durability of the shell slightly more (which is why some KB can last long enough to fake death or injury instead of immediately breaking into smoke). Elemental Kage Bunshin takes the chakra innards of the KB and changes the element to the specified type, though its only noticeable when the shell is damaged enough for the KB to disperse.

The theoretical improvement on the A-rank Elemental KB would be a Tajuu version of them. C-rank and below Bunshin don't expend enough chakra to create or use that there's a need to have a different jutsu to create large numbers of clones as opposed to the chakra reserve splitting effects of Kage Bunshin type clones. Given that the Tajuu KB is +1 rank from the regular KB, the theoretical Tajuu Elemental KB would therefore be an S-rank jutsu. Also, extremely taxing on chakra reserves and likely not a possible technique except maybe to jinchuuriki.

--

Kaze Bunshin, when dispersed, results in a close range AoE equivalent to the C-rank Fuuton: Reppushou (Gale Palm) (gust of wind). Typically used to break up formations or to provide extra fuel to enhance Katon jutsu. Fuuton Kage Bunshin acts like a close range AoE equivalent to the B-rank Fuuton: Shinkuuha or Kaze no Yaiba (blade of wind) when dispersed.

We've seen the Raiton KB in use, and I don't think I need to explain what happens when a shell full of Katon goes boom.

If someone can suggest what equivalent a dispersing Suiton KB could be. I was thinking maybe similar to a Sujinheki (as seen used by the Nidaime during the Sand-Sound Invasion and also apparently by Darui during the Kage Summit fight against Sasuke).

And this would continue the theme that Doton bunshin/KB are the odd jutsu out on what happens when dispersed (namely that they don't really help anything or do damage when dispersing, though they are tougher to destroy than other equivalent rank versions).
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » September 29th, 2011, 2:05 am

Added all the characters added to the thread after Feb 14, so 3 chunin and 1 genin added. Tsukiko's entry link updated to where her bio is now located.

I've been messing with the PageTree module inside the Site Map draft entry. What this module does is list all children of a provided root page for a certain depth (if provided). And children come about by setting an entry as having another entry as its parent. Allows a bit of navigation backwards up the stack.

If you want to see what it looks like in action, go to the Draft: Site Map entry, and scroll down to the "Messing with Page Tree module" comment. The parts that aren't links are section labels I placed to separate out the various PageTree module groups.

I'm wondering if the hidden villages (Konoha, Kumo, Uzu, etc) should have the Hidden Village government page as parent, or the country they're located in. Opinions?

I'm planning on adding a core:basics page that'll be the parent of the ninjutsu/genjutsu/taijutsu/sougujutsu/sealing/physical/chakra pages, a jutsu-set:set page for families/sets of jutsu to shift those out of the elemental/non-elemental parent paths, and a core:clan page for the clans to be listed on instead of the core:humans.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » February 16th, 2012, 9:14 am

So, been really slacking. There are jutsu set pages for Akimichi (Dec 2011) and Inuzuka (Feb 2012) under Taijutsu. Goken and Jyuken are updated to where the manga currently is (the new Jyuken move doesn't have an entry yet, IIRC, but otherwise is there).

The RP wiki has a site map. It uses the PageTree module and parent-child links. As a result, some pages do not show up on it because they don't have a parent entry (or a parent entry that itself has a parent entry). Non-clan characters (or clan characters without a clan entry) don't show up on the site map, for instance.

Side note: Aburame techniques. Sougujutsu or Ninjutsu?

--

I couldn't help but notice that it's pretty easy to tell where a ninja is from by the color of their flak jacket combined with the jacket design (in some cases, just the jacket design is necessary).
  • Great Villages
  • Iwa - Brown
  • Kiri - Slate Grey
  • Konoha - Green
  • Kumo - White
  • Suna - Light brown/tan (Narutopedia says Beige)
  • Minor Villages
  • Ame - Slate Grey
  • Taki - Sky Blue
  • Uzu - ???
  • Kusa - ???
  • Yu - ???
  • Oto (defunct) - Black
  • Sora (defunct) - Purple (...wait, seriously?)
Any suggestions on colors/designs for Uzu/Kusa?
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby gman391 » February 16th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Sea Blue?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Moritake's