Google Docs Supplement stuff (formerly: RP Timeline)

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Google Docs Supplement stuff (formerly: RP Timeline)

Unread postby MEKristian » February 26th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Query; could we get at least some basic Uchiha clan stuff up-and-running, seeing as I, at least, have only the vaguest of clues of what actually happened with them? Please?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » February 27th, 2010, 12:19 am

You and me both.

All I know is:
Itachi was killed by Sasuke (as in canon)
Madara was killed in Jul-Dec 83 AF / 0 AR.
Sasuke was brought back at some point. (year unknown)
He started having kids. (year unknown)
There's an Uchiha Clan around with 8-50+ people in it.
Sasuke's head of KMP. (that was restarted some time between 99 and 124 AF)

Others seemed to have a clearer idea of the specifics of the clan, so I never tried to make an entry myself.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby serbii » February 27th, 2010, 11:42 pm

Urge to kill of Sasuke rising.
Urge to make them Itachi's kids rising.

Yeah, I didnt' really think much of the specifics.
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2010, 12:09 am

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH* Okay, retcon-time methinks. All thsoe in favor of using the storage-scroll kids plot-bunny as the source of the current crop of Uchiha?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 28th, 2010, 12:15 am

I can't remember if I was supposed to write something. Anyone care to jog my memory?
AntiNaba

Unread postby ewuvi » February 28th, 2010, 12:22 am

*SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH* Okay, retcon-time methinks. All thsoe in favor of using the storage-scroll kids plot-bunny as the source of the current crop of Uchiha?
No to retcon. A resounding NO from me. Sasuke remains head of KMP. No to scroll children too.

I'd be fine if some of the children may be Itachi's if he got...busy before he died. Trying to make a family for his little brother or something.
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » February 28th, 2010, 1:07 am

To be fair, I don't know if he's explicitly listed as head of KMP, but I'm pretty sure it was implied that he was. There's a mention in the wiki entry that it was restarted under the Uchiha clan (with regulations in place to prevent the clan from becoming the majority of the force again), but nothing specific on Sasuke leading it (though that'd be heavily implied considering the clan size).

Just remember: canon stops at chp 478-479 for the RP. Not included: Chp 480 (stabbing Karin), 481 (vacuum!Danzo), 482 (Forest of Death flashback, Sharingan collection), 483 (Sakura/Sasuke convo, Sasuke being batshit insane about his clan), 484 (Kakashi vs Sasuke).

If we don't count those sections, is the hate against Sasuke less to the point not to consider a retcon regarding Sasuke's survival?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2010, 1:42 am

Okay, if we consider that Sakura somehow managed to snap Sasuke out of it, I guess we can go with that. Or perhaps Karin's abilities had an odd effect on the Cursed Seal, resulting in its mental-reprogramming subroutines reversing themselves, leading Sasuke back to a more stable mental place, rather than destabilizing it further.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown10627 » February 28th, 2010, 11:41 am

I, for one, am a fan of Sasuke being the head of KMP. If Karin is the one who saves Sasuke from the Crazy, since my Uchiha is near-sighted, perhaps he gets that from his mommy dearest?
unknown10627

Unread postby serbii » February 28th, 2010, 9:27 pm

He was given antipsychotics and calmed down.
His whole problem was due to a hormone imbalance.
He was so embarrassed!
serbii

Unread postby Phht » February 28th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Not enough estrogen, eh? Or, given the number of times he's probably bitten Karin, too much estrogen? :leaving:

--

His Sharingan caused a brain chemistry imbalance that was straightened out with medication!
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » March 12th, 2010, 9:57 pm

Update list (since Feb 19ish):
  • Shinobi Training Center and Ninja Training Complex have been added. The Ninja Academy is on the list to be completed as well.
  • One NPC (T&I Head) and several PCs added. All PCs other than two (from weiri's group) have been added as far as I'm aware. Please point out if I missed another PC somewhere.
  • Added a new specialization table option to the draft page. It's the "unsortable table (color coded)". Though if people like that option, I'll probably just regular table it instead of using google api stuff.
  • Really bare bones Uchiha Clan entry added.
  • Added a Glossary to the wiki. Please feel free to add acronyms or abbreviations or words that get used frequently that might need to go in the Glossary.
  • Several of the entries in the Glossary link to the new Units page, that goes into what the various units and sizes are. I'll probably shift unit designations from STC to here later tonight.
  • Two specializations added - Medic Ninja and Veterinary Ninja.
  • Draft of a template for a possible replacement for the timeline listed in a character's entry. This is in response to comments early on about the difficulty of understanding the tables as they currently are. I've listed the code on the page within a code block so people can see what's available when editing that isn't visible when merely viewing the entry.
    • What this would do (if people will actually be using it) is:
    • User makes an entry for the timeline (for example, event: Higure Yuuhi timeline).
    • Apply the template to the blank entry.
    • Maintain the character's timeline there.
    • Either include the timeline to the character entry (maybe not possible within a collapsible block? need to check) or link to the entry.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Vael » March 15th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Umm, I have this issue on the Wiki, I can't sign in...I mean, I enter my name and pass like normal, but then it doesn't transfer me to my account...any solutions?
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Phht » March 15th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Have you tried to log in with a different browser? Also, are you possibly running noscript and not cleared wikidot?
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Vael » March 16th, 2010, 3:37 pm

O.o

As it turns out, all I needed to do was to not mark the auto sign-in feature...
:lll__:
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Phht » March 16th, 2010, 8:48 pm

:XD:

Just last night I noticed that, oddly, no one below moderator/admin had permissions to create new pages in nearly all categories (and show page options were turned off for most of the same categories). Given the last time I seriously looked at permissions, this has likely been in effect for at least a month or two (possibly up to 4+ months). If anyone had issues due to that (and didn't let me know), it's been fixed so all site members should have create permissions in most categories. Some still don't allow creating new pages, but that's now deliberate.

--

Suna's last two (known) chakra exercises were added a couple nights ago, along with half of the Travelling Ten set. I think I'll continue working on jutsu/sets until those are nearly full. Which'll make that section the first Stage 2 section to >90% (however briefly).

To-do list: 5 D-rank elemental ninjutsu, 1 D-rank genjutsu, 1 C-rank non-elemental ninjutsu, 1 B-rank non-elemental ninjutsu, 1 Taijutsu style, Senjutsu entry, Fuin/Juinjutsu seals entry, and 7 1 character jutsu (Amee x2, Itsuki x1, Kamisori x1,Omoi x2,).

After that... maybe locations or bloodlines.

EDIT: Goken and its techniques are up on the wiki now, along with 2 genjutsu.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » March 30th, 2010, 3:41 am

Not much added. There IS a Sharingan entry though.

I also added a character creation guide (helpfully labeled as mine in the title). The Typical Skill Levels chart is now located in that guide. At some point the "Determining Skill Level" section will be placed in there as well. Feedback's appreciated on it, as I'm intending it to help with creating NPCs as well as regular characters so they don't end up semi-flat futureless characters like mine was originally. :wink:

--

The main reason for the post:

As of now, there are 8 sections out of the google docs supplement on the wiki. The Skill Level section mentioned above would bring it up to 9. Once the Academy entry is complete, I'd likely consider it up to 10. That means that the last section of the googledocs to be transferred will be the Atlas (well, and the Source section but that one's not listed in the count anyhow). As such, I've changed the docs link in my sig to be just the Atlas docs.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » April 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm

And tomorrow it is... No real names for anything, but you guys are better than me at that...

Anywho, under the Genjutsu Category:
Spoiler: show
Binding- Casts a suggestion genjutsu that cripples the target upon eye contact. Weakness is that user becomes vulnerable to similar eye contact-based effects during the moment of use.

Charm- casting of a Genjutsu that distorts the target's perception so that he sees the caster as someone of great sex appeal; seemingly it only works with members of the opposite sex.

Enchantment- A genjtusu capable of high-level hypnosis. One example would be hypnotizing a person to ignore dead bodies in a room.

Whisper- Allows for simple hypnotic suggestions, such as "don't doubt me".

Memory Manipulation- Alteration of the mind’s records to make a person forget about a certain event, effectiveness is limited by the number of deviations between what the target remembers and what the people around him/her remembers.

And Ninjutusu:
Spoiler: show
Shared Perception- A jutsu that allows a ninja to share the sensorial inputs (sight, hearing, etc.) of a creature that he/she has a bond of chakra with (usually preformed with seals). Approval from the other party is a requirement. Uses include monitoring of target’s activities at distance and it is especially effective if said target is trained for scouting operations

Protection Against Wind- A technique originated from the Land of Wind, it offers protection against phenomena related to the wind. Original use was to guard oneself against sandstorms and the spirits known as Jinn. (I think we have a chakra exercise like this already, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to put it here too.)

Rain of Light- A High-level Ninjutsu, the user fires a volley of beams of light ranked A in power fired at quick succession.

Atlas- A jutsu that alters the atmospheric pressure a section of space, consequentially freezing all the targets in range and preventing them from moving.
And that's what I've got. There's a few more, but I've no idea if we can adapt them. Also, a few of those have translations into Japanese, but I'm not sure if people want to go with those or just make stuff up and add "Jutsu" to the end. *shrugs*
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » June 2nd, 2010, 1:39 pm

Okay, so long time since I touched the wiki.

New Stuff:
  • One Ninjutsu
  • Three Locations
  • One Specialization
  • Draft page for Konoha Table of Organization from battalion level up. Includes current village population and ninja force size estimates.
Modified Stuff:
  • Moved News, Setting, and About the Wiki sections off the front page, and included the new pages back to it to reduce number of future edits to front page.
  • Added breadcrumb navigation to many entries.
  • Added "Non-canon" tab to the Timelines entry to hold any AU/OVA missions.
  • I added a section to the character infobox for current job. This means the only thing that should be on the rank variable now is the actual rank. Things such as ANBU 'Whatever' are now shifted down to the Job variable. Exception is 'ANBU Captain' or 'ANBU Commander'. Job section should list ANBU and division or battalion still. Those lacking a specific job do not need to come up with anything. Change made to character template and all currently entered characters updated.
To Do:
  • Add characters from since some time in March.
  • More Locations
  • In depth Rank entries
  • More Specializations
  • Other stuffs
Oh, in the near future I may fuck with the site CSS in an attempt to add another menu level to the topbar menu section. This could result in wonky effects or brokenness in that element or elsewhere (hopefully only that element). Once it does work, I can clean up the menus a bit and add some additional depth to them.

EDIT: Done already fucked with it (06 Jun 2010). I've also changed up how I did the CSS so it pulls the current CSS for the theme, then modifies it. This means that any updates made after I had initially started using a theme are now available - including tab view colors matching up correctly now.

I might mess with the menu layouts with the new play space. Non-elemental and Elemental Ninjutsu is directly available off the top menu now, and Rank/Specialization/Exams/Units are in a sub(-sub?) menu now. I've added menu items for all major villages, and some sub menu stuff for each. Most of these pages are currently not in existence.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » July 23rd, 2010, 5:41 am

Damn, it's been a long time. Okay, so I got off my ass (to be fair, I've been quite distracted by awesome games and stuff).

Old New Stuff: (from June)
  • Added two characters.
  • Iwa, Suna, Konoha, and Kiri Table of Organizations.
  • Added two locations (Kumo and Suna).
New New Stuff: (from July)
  • Added eight Specializations. That's one Mandatory Specialization, six Classified Specializations, and one (new) ANBU Specialization. This actually means that all mandatory specializations are actually complete (you may all gasp in surprise and awe now).
Yeah, not much but better than nothing. I think I'll leave most/all of the ANBU specializations (all 10-11 of them) in the hands of spudman for the near future. Next up to be handled will probably be Tracking (wrapping up the Classified specializations), Knowledge - Country, I&C, Librarian, and Logistics. That'll leave only five non-ANBU specializations to do.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » September 24th, 2010, 12:30 am

I haven't really done anything new, because I was lazy. :(

I did, however, recently go and add "regional location" sections at the bottom of most country entries. It's a simple text-y "map" showing what's on the borders of that country. Not quite as good as an actual map, but combining those with use of the leafninja map (ignoring "whirlpool country" haphazardly thrown on there and displacing Wave further south) should enable people to see what countries are where more visually.

So far Earth, Mountain, Waterfall, Bird, River, Sky, Sea, Tea, Valley, Whirlpool, and Wood Countries have the regional locations section, and it'll be added to all new country entries for the Elemental Lands. Countries without the section yet are Fire, Whirlpool, and Sea Country. That one is an 8 row, 5 column monstrosity.

Oh, and I'll be ruling that Oto collapsed some time between Sasuke's defection and soon after the physical death of Orochimaru. If anyone was intending an active Oto at some point after that time frame in back story or plot, please message me.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » October 11th, 2010, 1:20 am

So I've been a bit of an updating fiend somewhat!

bookworm's character is on the wiki now! Tora Trouble has been added and mostly filled out! Ruins of Victorious Souls was filled out in a very bland-ish and vague way, but is listed as complete now! Suna-Oto Invasion was added! Konoha's time line got moved to its own entry! RP mission time line is still in the same spot. The Weapons page was filled out somewhat! Still have four sections to complete though.

There are only 3 major countries, 1 moderate country, and 2 minor countries left to add to the Atlas! Plus 6 hidden villages (2 major, 4 minor).

Oh, and I removed the "currently beta" on the wiki. :leaving:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » October 15th, 2010, 4:43 am

I finally added stuff to the ANBU page on the wiki. But I just had a thought about the ANBU: the tattoos. Besides the general ANBU tattoo should each battalion have their own design and motto? Needs to be bad@$$. :serious_business: :ninja:
spudman

Unread postby Phht » October 15th, 2010, 5:02 am

Eh, I figure one tattoo for ANBU is enough. It's their uniforms and mask design that'd differentiate groups. This is why Intel has one color for armor - showing their division - and slashes - showing their battalion. Field Assassination/MSC(?)/Unspec have white armor on black clothes, Ops has olive drab on dark grey, Demolitions is black on dark grey, and Hunter Nin are washed out blackish-grey on washed out blackish-grey (and have painted design flat masks).

Now, mottos? That they'd probably have. :cool:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » December 12th, 2010, 2:13 am

Okay, after nearly exactly two months of no updates to non-GM parts of the wiki (seriously. Oct 14 was the last listed update on the news page, though Oct 15 was the last actual update to an entry), I got off my butt and added stuff. As it is, we now have all of the ninja rank entries in. As a result, I think specializations are the only remaining items in that category to do. Well, that and village specific stuff.

I would like to reiterate my long-standing request for someone who followed or participated in Below Konoha or Into the Unknown to do up a mission summary for those missions. Also, if someone wants to do the mission summary for Tora Troubles, awesome. And if someone wants to do a mission summary for T&D, that'd be great.

If I can pull myself away from Global Agenda and upcoming xmas presents, I'll see about trying to get the rest of the countries/villages into the wiki this year.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Return to “%s” Moritake's