Filler/Gaiden fun

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Filler/Gaiden fun

Unread postby Phht » April 11th, 2010, 9:58 pm

Since the main plot is paused while the plot puppetmaster for that arc is on vacation, so to speak, we can't exactly push forward in story.

SO!

We have a couple options.

Gaiden stories - back/side stories that flesh out characters more, take place in the past prior to the pause point.
Filler stories - Largely non-canon fun (I say largely, because there's always a chance it somehow can be fit as RP canon...) that does not take into effect T&D's status or consequences.
AU branch stories - Ignores T&D and progresses plot. Canon-ness would be debated at a later point. This could kinda overlap with Filler stories, acting as straight up AUs of various missions (What if a different team went to eliminate that Lord in Sodegaura and didn't fall apart in Market, for instance).
Wiki work - Not exactly RP, but if you're not RPing, you could at least work on adding things to the wiki that are needed. ;)

Filler stories could be silly things like guarding a beauty pageant, protecting Tora from kidnappers/assassins, battling pirates off Tea Country, time travel....

Ideas, opinions, suggestions?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Re: Filler/Gaiden fun

Unread postby MEKristian » April 11th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Well... I can't go too far back with the Gaiden stories, since I have things that Shiki was doing not too far back that takes him off that roster. Can do fillers, since it's not effected by anything... Same with AU, since I can retro-fit a few old character (already started that with one of them...). And world building is easy enough (though the wiki might prove troublesome to update).

So I'm good with anything, or any combination. *shrugs*
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby ewuvi » April 11th, 2010, 10:18 pm

(What if a different team went to eliminate that Lord in Sodegaura and didn't fall apart in Market, for instance).
YUS! I'd be happy to run this, if anyone is interested.
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » April 11th, 2010, 10:33 pm

I might be interested...

The issue with the "filler stories" option and our canon is that it by default it sort of assumes something about the results of T&D. It would assume that nothing extremely noteworthy or earth-shattering occured during that mission.

But so long as it's considered non-canon until decided otherwise it should be fine.

How far back could Shiki go, MEK?
spudman

Unread postby ewuvi » April 11th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Dude, if the Sodegaura mission were given to the ANBU instead of the regular ninja, that might be a fun thing. Especially since we have so many new ANBU. Yours and Vael's and Weiri's, that I recall at the moment.

It wouldn't all have to ANBU, but that could be a fun way of doing it.
ewuvi

Unread postby MEKristian » April 11th, 2010, 10:44 pm

How far back could Shiki go, MEK?
About a year or two? I'm not too confident on when everything happened, so much that it happened.... :|
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » April 11th, 2010, 10:53 pm

There's also discon's Hyuuga ANBU character. Meh, depends on who's interested, really. Might be Tsukiko and the twins that wind up with that mission.

What happened, exactly...? Are you referring to the Shiki vs. Hanabi incident?
spudman

Unread postby unknown10627 » April 11th, 2010, 10:56 pm

ANBU? I'd do it, if you'd have me.
unknown10627

Unread postby MEKristian » April 11th, 2010, 10:58 pm

What happened, exactly...? Are you referring to the Shiki vs. Hanabi incident?
No, it's the things I've been trying to elude to repetitively.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » April 11th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Ah, I see...when you mentioned roster I thought you meant his agreement with Konoha being the limit (hence that whole incident coming to mind). Never mind.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » April 11th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Actually, my idea for how something could be canon while not conflicting with T&D is simple... time travel! Time gets paused, people are yanked out of the time line, tossed into the past, and get sent back to the spot at the exact instance they left. Thus allowing people to be in canon stuff while not assuming anything from T&D's conclusion.

OR! Oh oh, this is a good one. Mid-body flicker, ninja get swapped into a Mirrorverse. Due to a solar flare while a lot of chakra is saturating the air and Madara's corpse passed gas or something.

But yes, barring silliness like that, non-canon would be the likely result.

Actual ANBU with character entries: 8 (7 PC, 1 NPC)
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Random_fan » April 11th, 2010, 11:41 pm

(What if a different team went to eliminate that Lord in Sodegaura and didn't fall apart in Market, for instance).
YUS! I'd be happy to run this, if anyone is interested.
I'd be interested, providing you don't go with the ANBU only I would like to see how that mission was supposed to end.
Random_fan

Unread postby MEKristian » April 12th, 2010, 2:22 pm

I'll sit out that AU story; not ANBU, and I have a general idea of how insane that will probably get in the end.

But, if necessary, I can modify some existing characters I made up a while ago for use in any Gaiden/AU/whatever stuff.
MEKristian

Unread postby Vael » April 12th, 2010, 3:50 pm

...hmm.

Sorry guys, but I'm out.
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby ewuvi » April 12th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Sorry to here that Vael.

But we've got three people at least somewhat interested, and I could throw in Aoi or Kyoko if we needed numbers, which I don't think we do, but it'd be up to Spud and Wei and Random if they wanted that.

So Random and Wei are definitely on the Sodegaura Redo, and Spud is a maybe, right? If Tempy or anyone else who was on it before wants another shot, that's totally cool.
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » April 14th, 2010, 8:14 pm

Yeah, I'm in. Just not sure which one of my characters is in...

The numbers depend on whether or not Wei is using his whole team or not.
spudman

Unread postby ewuvi » April 14th, 2010, 8:23 pm

I'd prefer weiri to use his entire team, Aoi will be going along as well, but will be more strictly the medic in this round to allow you guys to frolic around as you please.

Tempy and Spud in for sure, I'm gonna wait for Random and weiri for a couple of days before starting. You guys might want to start planning things out, such as who will be designated Team Leader, and whether or not you want to go through Market or just cut straight to Sodegaura.
ewuvi

Unread postby Phht » April 15th, 2010, 1:16 am

I'm almost worried that the entire mission would fall apart again if they went through Market. Though they can't just c/p the original idea for getting in, seeing as how everyone's a ninja this time around. ;)

I'd tag the thread with "AU:" at the lead, so someone looking back at mission threads doesn't confuse it for an "in 'verse" mission.

"AU:" - Non-canon 'recreation' of a mission
"OVA:" - Non-canon "new" mission
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » April 17th, 2010, 10:17 pm

No contact with civilians, darn and I was thinking of working a yakuza angle in...(Nishi=scary yakuza showing up in a very sudden, frightening, and somewhat explosive way).
spudman

Unread postby ewuvi » April 17th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Oh, once you get to Sodegaura it doesn't matter. Just no contact before that.

(Also, just thinking of that team showing up pretending to be Yakuza is awesome.)
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » April 18th, 2010, 4:18 am

Ugh, I keep forgetting to read this forum, stupid topics not turning up in the Active Topics. >_>

I shall be watching.
Want Kagami to join?
serbii

Unread postby ewuvi » April 18th, 2010, 10:54 am

Oi, peeps, shall the Twins join this mission?
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » April 18th, 2010, 5:58 pm

I'm not one to refuse entry to someone who wants to participate.

But this does make me realize that we ought to get at least one other flashback, AU, or OVA mission going since we still have people that are willing/able to post regularly but have nothing to do.

The twins could fit with Sodegaura, or they could go someplace else. That's not urging one way or the other, just that the option is there.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » April 18th, 2010, 6:06 pm

I have a character I can throw into any kind of OVA mission anybody can come up with. Just have some ironing-out of offensive stuffs to do and I'll be good.
MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » April 18th, 2010, 6:47 pm

I'm just kinda having fun coming up with a crack, yet quite eccentric assassin team instead of doing actual work. Got two members somewhat made, with a third somewhat in my head. I have no idea if they'll end up in game somewhere, but it's fun. An assassin that primarily uses bow/arrows and avoids close combat. And, well, you might recognize the inspiration for the second person. :leaving:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Return to “%s” Moritake's