Filler/Gaiden fun

Out of play chat and commentary on the game.

Re: Filler/Gaiden fun

Unread postby serbii » April 19th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Delete this post please Tempy.
I don't think I can since people have already replied to it.
Last edited by serbii on April 19th, 2010, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Unread postby serbii » April 19th, 2010, 11:07 pm

Oi, peeps, shall the Twins join this mission?
If you weren't going to play I was only going to take one (rather than play both)

"Where's the other one?"
"Kyoko's in something region of something. On a mission from someone to do something."
"...."
:biggrin2
-_- "...."
"Classified moron"

I think we should do something with the kids.
Like have everyone make an academy student/genin from the same couple of years and give them a suitably "epic" quest.
We've got Ushio, Kenta, Ichigo, Hotaru, Kontan and a couple of NPCs (Kenta and Ichigo's old teams, Kyou Uchia) already set up.
They need an epic and hilarious mission.
Probably around Konoha.
Last edited by serbii on April 20th, 2010, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Unread postby MEKristian » April 19th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Somebody forgot how to edit their posts~.

If you need a team leader/sensei, I think I've got something usable (since somehow that's how the idea originally same about) but nothing on the actual mission front.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby serbii » April 19th, 2010, 11:21 pm

How the feck did that happen?
Ahhh I probably hit the back button.
Will delete one.
serbii

Unread postby Phht » April 19th, 2010, 11:22 pm

I've got the perfect idea.

Protect Tora from kidnappers/assassins!
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 19th, 2010, 11:24 pm

Uh, I thought we'd established that Tora (the half-demon kitty o' DOOM!) was already dead for a few years thanks to a passing dog demon?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » April 19th, 2010, 11:28 pm

It had unholy spawn.

I thought we then established it was an immortal cursed being, existing purely to bring Genin pain.

They killed it, but another turned up a few months later.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » April 19th, 2010, 11:29 pm

Uh, I thought we'd established that Tora (the half-demon kitty o' DOOM!) was already dead for a few years thanks to a passing dog demon?
Whether it resurrects or has offspring that needs dealing with...I'd think at this point Konoha is trying to rid themselves of the menace(s) once and for all, rather than protecting it.

Still, genin killing off Toras as a stop-gap measure sounds suitably "epic". :secret_laugh:
spudman

Unread postby serbii » April 19th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Yesssss
Tora Spawn is infesting Konoha, like rats. The genin must remove them. Wackyness ensues.
serbii

Unread postby Random_fan » April 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm

I would definitely be up for killing off evil devil spawn cats.
Random_fan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 19th, 2010, 11:44 pm

I may have to add that to Itsuki's list of hobbies. Every now and then he decides to preform a "running of the cats", using earth and fire dragon jutsu as "incentives" and to keep them corralled.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » April 20th, 2010, 12:11 am

I don't remember if we decided between "Dear god, it's still alive" or "descendants named the same". Probably the later. Kinda like in Sailor Moon, the ladies of the royal line leading the Moon Kingdom are all named Serenity.

My thought was that a genin team (or five) cracked from having one too many "Recapture Tora" missions, and decided to off the demon spawn(s) (instead of demanding a better mission like Team 7). Since its (their?) death would make the Fire Daimyo's wife unhappy - which would make the Fire Daimyo unhappy, and that results in Konoha being unhappy -, some other genin are tasked with keeping the cat(s) alive until some nice C-rank missions become available that the unhinged genin can be sent out on to recover. At which point the rogue teams are apprehended and kicked out of the village to meet their jounin-sensei with the mission. Said missions are usually a couple weeks to a month out of the village.

Naturally, there'd be a couple higher ranked ninja along with the protection team, just in case something slips by that team. The task serves as a low-risk "live fire" exercise in bodyguard missions that teams may receive from C-ranks.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby serbii » April 20th, 2010, 1:27 am

Hotaru and Ushio:

H: "So what's the mission? And why am I still working with your people?"
U: "Remember the demon kitty from hell?"
H: "Tora?"
U: *nod* "Beloved pet of the Daimyo family, apple of their eye, 'love kitty witty more than my children', I bequeath all of my worldly wea-"
H: "Kotone..."
U: "Bunch of genins cracked and tried to kill it."
H: "Good on them."
U: "They failed"
H: "Sigh good help is so hard to find"
U: "Annnnny way,the Daimyo's wife in all her justified paranoia wants the "cat" protected til the attackers can be shipped off to border partol or whatever."
H: "What does that have to do with.... no."
U: "Welcome to the Tora Protection Guard, Hotaru-chan."
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 20th, 2010, 1:51 am

*Cue Hanabi cocking her head to one side and then smiling beatifically as her clansman's curse of rage echoes through the village.*
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » April 20th, 2010, 2:00 am

Complete with some higher ranked ninja informing them that guarding Tora is a bigger gambling event than the Chunin Exam, and that it would be a Bad Idea to lose the cat to unhinged genin. :psychotic:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 20th, 2010, 2:13 am

*Itsuki falls out of a Plot Hole* "Someone mention me?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » April 20th, 2010, 5:07 pm

So...is Nishi waiting on one or both of the twins in the Sodegaura mission or will they end up in some OVA or something else?
spudman

Unread postby serbii » April 21st, 2010, 1:08 am

Actually just go without me.
My free time is kind of plummeting at the moment and I don't want to hold it up.
*Itsuki falls out of a Plot Hole* "Someone mention me?"
"Unhinged Genin?"
serbii

Unread postby MEKristian » April 22nd, 2010, 1:11 am

So, anybody got a spare slot on a team for an OVA use, Raised by ANBU, Chunin Assassin? Even if the Gennin players are willing to take her as their team Leader for the Running of the Cats.
MEKristian

Unread postby serbii » April 22nd, 2010, 4:25 am

She would be so freaking bad with kids.
XD I can see it working.
serbii

Unread postby MEKristian » April 22nd, 2010, 10:24 am

XD I can see it working.
Exactly; putting her in a low-risk situation while trying to open her up to others.

The fact that doing something so mundane would totally annoy her is a bonus.
MEKristian

Unread postby Random_fan » April 22nd, 2010, 11:17 am

Sounds like fun
Random_fan

Unread postby spudman » April 23rd, 2010, 5:10 am

I'm willing to run this particular mission. Just want to be clear though, we're going with "Tora protection duty" as the premise with room for...complications? :halo

As for whether the Tora(s) is the original resurrected, or its evil spawn...how about both? It's become hard to tell which is which but they're all a pain.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » April 23rd, 2010, 5:22 am

Maybe it starts out with a descendant of Tora being hounded by unhinged genin, and takes a plot swerve into oddness with some other group wanting to sacrifice it to bring back the original Tora?

Or maybe there's a Tora like Jack the monkey from Pirates of the Caribbean out there somewhere harassing teams, that then take it out on the current Tora?

I have no idea. ... Maybe it's the original Tora that takes over new bodies a la Orochimaru to achieve kitty immortality? :leaving:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby serbii » April 23rd, 2010, 8:20 am

XD I can see it working.
Exactly; putting her in a low-risk situation while trying to open her up to others.

The fact that doing something so mundane would totally annoy her is a bonus.
(I'm making up more of her personality in my head by the way).
I can see her trying her best because the Hokage ordered her too. But she knows about kids from books and treats 13 year olds like they're 3.

"It's your nap time now."
"Uh... what? I don't-"
"Come on, or else you'll be cranky"
"But-"
"Here I brought you a bear, will that help?"
"..."
"..."
"...ok sure, but can I have some warm milk too?"

By the way I'm in with this mission, I'll post from my phone if I have to. Take that full time work! Image

Surprise me Spudman.
serbii

Return to “%s” Moritake's