Team TYPI: Echoes of the Past

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Team TYPI: Echoes of the Past

Unread postby gman391 » December 10th, 2011, 2:09 am

Tatsumaru and Toshizo continue to wait in the darkness. Although the waiting is getting to Tatsumaru.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » March 16th, 2012, 2:11 am

Time crawls slowly past - and then, suddenly, a voice says from very near Taru, "I expected better of you."
A short, dark-haired man emerges from the trees, stalking over to the suddenly-silent men around the campfires. The man is unremarkable, save for the aura of menace he currently exudes. The pattern and coloration of his clothing are well-suited to hiding in a forest such as this.
The firelight gleams briefly off the metal of the Kumo hitai-ate tied around one of his arms, making the careless slash through the symbol stand out all the more.
"Careless, all of you," he chides softly, coming to a halt behind one bandit in particular. The bandit is sweating, hand locked around the sword he was sharpening.
"I walked all the way around this camp, and not once did any of you spot me," the short man continues, tone conveying no more than mild annoyance. "Pathetic."
He pauses, and silence stretches across the clearing for a long moment.
"You have one last chance," he concludes. "I spotted a small traveling party heading this way. We strike tomorrow night."
------
On account of severe timecrunch resultant from my scholastic endeavours, I hereby transfer the running of this thread to the excellent and gentlemanly gman391. Thank you for volunteering, my friend.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 16th, 2012, 2:24 am

Taru freezes, sinking further into the shadows at the sound of the voice, his eyes following the new figure.

Hmm. This was unforeseen. Now did he notice us...

Taru inches a hand into Miyu's line of sight and signals "Stand Ready", his bow in his other hand.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » March 16th, 2012, 2:32 am

Miyu freezes as well, eyes locking blankly onto the newcomer.
#A mess of a clearing strewn with the debris of dozens of traps and the dead bodies of-#
Taru's hand signal snaps her out of it enough to force her attention back to the matter at hand. She focuses her attention on Taru, and waits.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » March 16th, 2012, 3:28 am

The man turns his face and looks toward where Taru and Miyu are hiding.

"Stay alert, this is your last warning."

The guard snaps to attention.
"Yes sir!"

With that the short man slips back into the night.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 16th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Shit.

He moves his hand, signing to retreat and regroup, before backing slowly away from the clearing while keeping a look out for the new figure. Making sure Miyu is following him, he leads a winding path away from the camp in an attempt to determine if they are being followed before headed to meet back up with Toshizo and Tatsumaru.
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » March 16th, 2012, 7:37 pm

Tatsumaru takes a deep breath as he forces himself to relax. So far, it's been quiet. Still, something seems wrong about this whole situation, but he can't put his finger on it.

"Toshizo-san, how long does it usually take Taru-san to do a recon like this?"

-----------------

Taru's path leads them through the trees. A slight rustle of leaves on a tree branch behind Taru alerts him that they're being followed.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » March 16th, 2012, 7:45 pm

Toshizo rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Well, if there aren't any major obstacles, not much longer than a minute more."
bookworm702

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 16th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Taru mentally frowns when he hears the telltale sounds of pursuit behind them. Keeping up the pace, he flashes a few quick hand signals to Miyu.

Pursuer. Break and return to base on signal.

Taru continues leading their pursuer away from the camp. Once a fair distance away from the bandit camp, he waits for the next telltale noise behind them. Upon hearing it, he gives the signal, rebounds off a tree in front of him, and hurls a handful of shuriken toward the next place he is sure their pursuer will be.

Not waiting for any indication of a hit or not, he takes off after Miyu through the tree tops, only slowing to place a seal tag on the occasional branch as he zips past, hot on his teammates heels.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » September 17th, 2013, 7:58 pm

Miyu just barely manages to follow Taru and follow his instructions, struggling with images of bygone times that overlay the now.
#Rushing back her and him but two are missing they should be here they should-#
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » September 18th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Taru finds himself trapped by a wall of fire.

The voice appears from above
"You know that was pretty clever, but I'm no green horn. Chasing Tree-huggers through trees ain't that smart. For what it's worth you never had a chance."
Even as he speaks, Taru can make out him performing a chain of hand seals.

A sword of flame erupts and slams down from the heavens at Taru.

X-X-X-X-X

Toshizo and Tatsumaru are sitting and waiting when they hear and see the blade of flame coming down from the sky.

X-X-X-X-X

Miyu finds herself taken back to that day...when everything changed.
Blood blood everywhere she crawls to them she has to heal them that is her job but they are dead, dead, dead-
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 19th, 2013, 12:01 am

Taru immediately dodges to one side of the inferno dropping down on him, diving into the trees around him for cover. Unsealing his bow with a flick of a hand, adrenaline surges through his body at this new development, and he forces down a rising sense of panic.

Well, this definitely wasn't in the briefing.

He keeps moving, dodging from hiding place to hiding place, as he attempts to evade who ever is after him. Snapping off chakra enhanced shot from his bow, he harries his opponent while watching for an opening for a more direct attack or an opportunity to escape.

Subtle, this guy is not. You two better have saw that...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » September 19th, 2013, 12:51 am

Perched on a tree branch, Miyu freezes up completely, eyes staring vacantly into the distance, seeing not what is before her, but the ghosts of long ago.
#-the dead bodies of her teammates, her comrades, her friends-#
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » September 20th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Toshizo's eyes go wide at the explosion of fire. "Shit!" He gets up and starts bounding towards the inferno. "Tatsumaru, c'mon, we have to give them space to fall back!" Crap, they weren't supposed to have been found. The classic engagement levels were reversed; they needed to give the medic and long ranged support the chance to get out of close quarters. When he gets close, he forms his hair whip and starts harrying the foe, hopefully tying him down for Tatsumaru and Taru.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » September 20th, 2013, 11:48 pm

Tatsumaru’s first reaction is to say
“Dammit all.”

His second was to draw his swords. Whatever just happened, it was going to get ugly… and where was Miyu?

Shaking his head, he chases after Toshizo.

The missing-nin impossibly contorts his body to avoid Taru’s chakra shot. Landing on the trees, the ninja throws a brace of kunai at Taru.

Toshizo arrives, his hair whipping forward to grab the other man’s arm and pull it back.

The ninja shakes his head.
“Not too bright are you?”

Grabbing the hair whip, he ignites it.

Tatsumaru arrives as the hair goes up.
“Toshizo, Taru, find Miyu and get out of here. I can take him.”

X-X-X-X-X

The camp is a flurry of movement and action. Whatever happens, the bandits are going to move soon.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » October 11th, 2013, 3:08 pm

Toshizo grimaces as he's forced to drop the whip before the flames race up his arm. To completely shrug off the paralysis technique like that, the ninja's chakra reserves must be immense. And Tatsumaru wanted to face him by himself? ...Still, orders are orders. He glances around for Miyu, finding her in the trees (Looking zoned out? Is she focusing on a genjutsu technique? If so, it was about as effective as Toshizo's offensive.) Once Tatsumaru moves to engage, Toshizo simultaneously falls back to Miyu's position. "Yasuragi-san, we've been ordered to fall back. We should regroup and reassess."
bookworm702

Return to “%s” Mission Central