Into the Unknown

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Into the Unknown

Unread postby Wittgen » May 17th, 2009, 3:55 am

Aoshi starts to roll up the scroll. "I wouldn't try hiring gennin to give your sister other servants to lord over. Gennin are pretty uppity." Finishing up the rolling, he moves to hand it back to Takuma. "Oh, and I stick by that mission being pretty standard. I have a theory that all missions are required to be ridiculous, either in how simple they are or how impossible they are."
Wittgen

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 17th, 2009, 4:00 am

"That, and she'd kill them. An entire week of damage control, oi..."
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 17th, 2009, 8:14 am

*I stare at Kuroda even as I take the scroll back and tuck it away in my jacket* "You're shitting me. She expects you to act as her servant? And what happens if, no WHEN a mission is sent out with your name on it? 'Oh, I can't go, my sister needs her daily pedicure'? Oh that'd go over REAL well with Lady Hanabi. And if you think you're gonna drag me into butler-ing for her, for-get it! I don't do the manservant thing; I'm a head-buster and leg-breaker."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wittgen » May 17th, 2009, 9:40 am

"Don't knock the manservant thing too hard. You can learn a lot about reading people by having to constantly attend someone's needs."
Wittgen

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 17th, 2009, 4:18 pm

"Seeing as its both a tradition and a diplomatic task, I don't have much choice in the matter. We ready?"
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 17th, 2009, 6:29 pm

"Alright, I'll help you out some. But don't expect me to take very much abuse, diplomat or not. There's a reason I didn't go into the merchant business. No sense of diplomacy. And yeah, ready to move out on this end. Oh, does your sister have any sort of shinobi training, or is she a civilian?"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 17th, 2009, 7:20 pm

"Does she have any shinobi tra- Oh dear sweet Orihime above, if anything, she's better than I am. I can call upon the angry, wandering souls of the multiverse to rip you a new one and extract the very life from your gibbering, mauled corpse. She can summon death, rip out the spirits of an entire village and live. And can do the same thing three weeks later with the right preperation."

I shivered from the memories. Kumiko was downright vicious when she wasn't being a nice little sis.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 17th, 2009, 7:57 pm

*I pause, a little wide-eyed* "Right, so no informing her I can split her down the middle like a ripe peach before she can blink if she pisses me off."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wittgen » May 17th, 2009, 10:44 pm

"Lovely. Well, I'm ready to move out. Is it safe to nap, or is this the kind of transport that requires your full attention?"
Wittgen

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 18th, 2009, 1:40 am

"You're a special Jounin for a reason, Itsuki. Don't underestimate the unknown." I muttered. Sure, I was a little arrogant from my status, but this guy had never seen my sister, never seen the women of my village. I could let it slide, though. There were times when even I couldn't believe what they did...

"You can sleep if you want, just tell me if you feel drowsy and Gami'll stick your legs to her body with chakra. We suited? Right."

I nudged Gami in the side, trying not to rub off her scales.

"Ready? Up and northwest, Gamikoto. I'll guide you in the normal way, m'kay?"

With a massive surge of wind, Gamikoto's wings beat downward, pulsing in a rising rhythm as the ponderous insect bulk lifted and began to lift forward. Knees clenched to the sides, the nin began the journey north into the valleys, towards the unknown.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 21st, 2009, 1:00 pm

*After about two hours of watching the scenery go by, I crack a yawn, before yelling up over the rush of wind* "Hey, what's our ETA?!"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 22nd, 2009, 6:21 pm

I look up from my forlorn efforts to read the map in the gloom and fluttering wind. Knowing Gami's general speed gave me a rough guideline, but still...

"Anywhere between an hour or two. Why, you sleepy?"
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 22nd, 2009, 9:10 pm

I shake my head. "No, this is just my first time flying and I was wondering what kind of time we were making here."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 22nd, 2009, 10:51 pm

"It beats running." I shrugged, "Gamikoto's a heaven-sent in that regard."
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 23rd, 2009, 12:30 am

I nod, and then resume recounting and reorganizing the supplies in the hidden pockets of my coat. "Hmmm, guess I threw an extra spool of wire in that pocket. Oh well, can't ever have too much."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 27th, 2009, 3:52 am

"Just make sure it doesn't poke through your pockets. Nothing like a free ride of electricity to make your day."

I glanced around. We'd been flying for about two hours, it was unlikely anyone was following us. I nodded to myself, now would be a good time.

"I'm afraid the Hokage and I have been less than truthful, gents. No Daimyo is involved with this village, nothing even close. This mission is simple recon, there will be no destruction of the environs or any possible equipment that we encounter in that village. We will scout, infiltrate and identify any key features of this unknown area, and report what we find. However, given the fact that we all have good mission standings, and that the forces we may or may not encounter down the way may be dangerous to the village's safety..."

I paused for effect. And also to breathe, seriously, theatrics took a lot of work!

"... We have been authorized to use ultimate force on aggressors, and may make a judgement to condemn the village if the danger presented inside it is deemed too dangerous or malicious to be contained within Fire Country. In that case, I am authorized to upgrade the mission to S-rank difficulty, call in reinforcements, and will nform you of what measures we can take to prevent a diplomatic incident."

"That is all."
AntiNaba

Unread postby Wittgen » May 27th, 2009, 9:15 am

Aoshi wakes up from his wonderfully restful nap with a yawn. "A 'might' be upgraded mission, huh? OK."
Wittgen

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 27th, 2009, 10:20 am

I pinch the bridge of my nose, and let out a sigh a Nara would be proud of. "Well, that makes a bit more sense then." I open my eyes. "In this case my summons might be a bit more useful than I anticipated. At first glance they can be mistaken for weasels, so short incursions into the village and ouitlying areas should be possible, allowing for the mapping out of possible infiltration points and points of possible interest. Not to mention relaying the general attitude of the villagers and whether or not any of them are missing nin of some kind."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 28th, 2009, 2:57 am

"What? You expect us to do recon on a place we already know everything about? Sheesh." Kojira sighed, "Aoshi, as much as your skills are needed, your skepticism is a little less in demand."

"And so long as your summons don't try and feed Inuzuka dogs chocolate or something equally retarded, that's fine too, Itsuki."

It would be about half an hour from here to the vantage point. I rolled my shoulders, and told the team to prepare.

"Loosen up and flex, everyone, Gamikoto's dropping us from thirty feet and I'll handle our landing, but it's best if you're limber on impact. Secure your stuff."
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 28th, 2009, 3:05 am

I nod sharply, securing the quick-release pockets in my coat once more, before rolling my shoulders and twisting my spine a few times. "Ready for airdrop when you are."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 28th, 2009, 3:19 am

I nod, sitting straight and sniffing the air. It was brisk, filled with a sharp moisture that hinted at snow. Already the air had grown colder. We had slowly been climbing a kilometer or two during our flight, but this would help weight me up.

I paused, stretched, and began forming the seals for my Doton Jutsu. It took some time to form, and required myself to project the energies formed into the ground, but we had at least another twenty minutes left. I could take my time on this one.

Boar, ram, dog, boar, tiger, dragon, bird, tiger, boar...
AntiNaba

Unread postby Wittgen » May 28th, 2009, 11:43 pm

(I have no idea where you get that Aoshi was being skeptical. Weird.)

Aoshi centers himself and closes his eyes, mentally reviewing what items he brought with him and then considering how they could help with recon in this particular area. 20 minutes is just about right for fully refreshing himself on the 1,017 items currently stored in his holsters and the quick release storage seals integrated into his suit.
Wittgen

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 31st, 2009, 3:10 am

(Huh? Oh, I thought that was what you were implying with the quotation marks around might in your earlie post)

The seals formed, Kojira carefully stood up on the back of the moth, unravelling a single long ribbon from out of a vest pocket, preparing to hit a clear patch of ground on landing.

"Gamikoto can't land around here, the tree cover's too thick. When you guys are ready, grab on to my waist and I'll get us down."
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 31st, 2009, 3:22 am

I rise fluidly and grab onto Kojira's wrist. "Ready when you are.*
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » May 31st, 2009, 3:27 am

"I said waist, Itsuki. I know you need someone to hold your hand whenever you do anything more difficult than taking your pants off, but there's a limit." I groaned, the damn fool must've had the wind blowing in his ears or something.

"Plus, I need to throw the conduit." I jiggled the lengthy stream of ribbon that flapped in out flightpath. "Having your giant mitts on my wrist might cause problems."
AntiNaba

Return to “%s” Mission Central