Between Missions / Wandering the Town

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Between Missions / Wandering the Town

Unread postby gman391 » February 16th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Tatsumaru landed at the training ground.
Alright if he's not here than screw it. I'm nailing the damn form to his door with kunai. Tatsumaru thought to himself.

Looking around he saw a Yamanaka beating the crap out of a training post. Nearby a genin team seemed to be gearing up.

"Oi Yamanaka you want to tell me where Toshizo Yamanaka is? I got some things I need to discuss with him."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 17th, 2011, 12:54 am

Toshizo looks around when the ninja calls his name. He takes a look at the gray eyed ninja approaching him. "Speaking. What can I help you with?"
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2011, 1:05 am

"Were you here the whole time? You know what never mind. At least I was out of the office all day. Name's Tatsumaru I work for the Admin division right now. I was looking over your wedding applications and noticed somethings...."

Tatsumaru looks longingly at the training post before snapping out of it.

" Anyways you didn't fill out the right permit. You want 32-B not 32-A. 32-A is the permit for rave parties. So yeah you better got on this quick. On a related note. If you are planning a wedding tell people where your going to be. It took me all day to find you."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 17th, 2011, 1:16 am

Toshizo looked at the man incredulously. "We...have a permit for rave parties? And it's alphabetically before the wedding papers?" He shakes his head in exasperation. "What has Konoha come to? Sorry about that, I'll get the right forms and make sure they're in by tomorrow."

He notes the administrator's longing look at the training post. That and his happiness at escaping the office pointed to a man used to a much more physically oriented day than the average desk ninja. "Say, it turns out beating up a training post isn't quite as fulfilling as I'd hoped. Would you be up for a spar?"
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2011, 1:19 am

"Oh hell's yes. It's been a while since I got a decent spar. Any restrictions?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 17th, 2011, 1:23 am

"Well, let's try an lay off large area affect techniques. Other than that, anything should go." Toshizo plucks out a hair from his ponytail, and funnels energy into it until a 20 foot whip is in his hands, coursing with chakra.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2011, 1:26 am

Tatsumaru pulls out a katana and a wakizashi and smirks.

"Sensei's old technique? Let's dance."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 17th, 2011, 1:31 am

Toshizo, still in a ready stance, mulls over the ninja's choice of weapons and words. "Sensei? Who could have taught you that knew... oh, wait! You're that boy that Ino-obaasan always talked about! The Tenten clone!"
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2011, 1:50 am

"...Dammit all." Tatsumaru mutters something unflattering about his sensei Ino Yamanaka.

Tatsumaru settles into an open stance his blades hanging lose in his hands.

"You know...I really really hate being called a clone of TenTen. So I'm going to use something special on you. Focus"

In an instant both blades strike. Slamming into Toshizo's wrists

"If I had used my edge you would have been been defeated just then"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 17th, 2011, 1:58 am

As soon as the ninja said 'Focus', Toshizo began forming a defensive earth wall. However, the man was far quicker than he had predicted, and his blades slammed through the barrier like the half formed sandstone it was. The two blows put his top body completely off balance, and he swayed a bit before regaining his center.

That was stupid. His great aunt was the clan head, and one of the legendary Konoha 12. Of course her student would be a cut above himself. Clearly, he had to pull out all the stops. "You're right, that would have ended the fight right there. Sorry for not taking you seriously." Using his other hand, he created a second, slightly shorter whip, and infused both of them with earth chakra. "Here we go!" Toshizo flicked his wrists and lashed the whips at his sparring parter with enough power behind it to knock a grown man 20 yards.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2011, 2:08 am

Tatsumaru jumped back barely dodging the whips. The deep impacts on the ground proved that dodging had been the best idea.

"Interesting. An Earth user. Guess I have to play a little more seriously. Let's see how well those whips hold up to this. Kaminari no Ken"

The blades crackle with electricity and Tatsumaru cuts the whips. Continuing forward with his momentum he launches a snap kick into Toshizo
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 17th, 2011, 2:18 am

Toshizo's eyes widen as his opponent cuts through his whips with ease and barely has time to react to the kick. Managing to partially block, he goes rolling as the wind is knocked out of him. Getting up, he shakes himself off. "Lightning? Of course, why would my luck go any better?" Suddenly, a small smirk graces his features. "How about an old favorite?" he says as his hand flashes through signs and he stomps the ground with one foot. "Doton: Yomi Numa!"
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2011, 2:27 am

Tatsumaru had already used a kwarimi to escape when Toshizo formed the swamp.

"You know kid if your going to use that technique then you have to use it on a large scale or in an ambush. Something that small in a fight like this? Not going to work on anyone marginally competent." The special jonin says.

He powers down his blades.

"Maybe this time you'll see it."

Tatsumaru lets of a burst of speed appears in front of Toshizo. The special jonin holds his blades to the chunin's neck

"Yield?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 17th, 2011, 2:39 am

Toshizo gulped, feeling his Adam's apple slide up and down the blade. Well, his cousins had been bugging him to try it out, and, oh look, it's a faux life or death situation that he didn't have the speed to get out of. Well, here goes nothing.

He pulled his hands together and formed a reverse seal of the Yamanaka clan jutsu's. Two seconds later, he opened his eyes, and disappeared.

A punch delivered at solid Jonin speeds rushed towards the ninja's side. When he pulls away, he can see that Toshizo has covered his hands and legs in earthen gauntlets. "This technique plays a real number on my body, so I hope you don't mind if I get right down to business!" And closes in to lay down a screaming flurry of punches and kicks.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 17th, 2011, 2:58 am

Tatsumaru instinctively uses another kwarimi to avoid the flurry of blows. That log isn't going to survive though. Tatsumaru grunts. A few blows got through hitting him hard.

"I see opening the first gate in a sparring match? Foolish. The technique isn't worth it. You aren't Rock Lee either."

With a grunt Tatsumaru resumes the Kaminari no Ken. Using a combination of speed and flexibility he touches the blade to the back of Toshizo's head. Pouring electricity into the chunin until he passed out.

Tatsumaru sheathed his blades and swore.

"Stupid kid"

Picking Toshizo up Tatsumaru begins to carry him to the hospital
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby serbii » February 17th, 2011, 3:32 am

Ushio applauds mildly from the sidelines
serbii

Unread postby spudman » February 17th, 2011, 4:14 am

Nishiyori leans against a tree, watching the spar. "He should have tried nonviolent methods to deal with his stress." he says idly and then addresses his genin.

"So, all three of you are here now, and Shiro-chan too, I see."

"Yes, sir."
spudman

Unread postby Flux_Blade » February 17th, 2011, 10:01 am

Ichigo blinks a few times at the sight of Toshizo collapsing, letting out a small whistle out. It had been a bit since he seen a spar like this. Turning to look at his new sensei, "Hello sensei, Shiro-san was very helpful in directing us here." Then turning to his new teammate, stuck his hand out,
"My name is Matsuda Ichigo, I am looking forward to working with you, Hai-san."
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby AshBellringer » February 17th, 2011, 10:07 am

Hai blinks at the outstretched hand then softly takes it for a single shake. "Hai. I don't have a last name, but you've probably been told that already." She says, not fully focused but still mostly there as she thinks about other things.
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby serbii » February 17th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Ushio smiles at Hai, a little amused . "Ahhh everyone knows me I think, but to be formal," she turns to their sensei "Kotone Ushio, nice to meet you."
serbii

Unread postby spudman » February 18th, 2011, 3:51 am

"Nishiyori Fukakouryoku, likewise." he plays along, though he did introduce himself before. "Anyway, Shiro-chan, I assume the tracking went well since you found us."

"Well, it was easier than last time, sir. I'm certain I'm getting faster."

Nishiyori nods. "Keep at it. I'll pay you tomorrow."

"Yes, sir. I'll be going home then." *poof*

"I gather you both came here to see Hai." Nishiyori says. "You all remember the meeting time and place for tomorrow, so that's it for today unless anyone has a question they'd like to ask."
spudman

Unread postby serbii » February 18th, 2011, 6:41 am

"So Sir, see you tomorrow."
serbii

Unread postby AshBellringer » February 19th, 2011, 2:43 am

"The place and time of the meeting place is information I do not have Nishiyori-Sensei." Hai says. "I would appreciate having that information so I am able to arrive on time."
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby spudman » February 19th, 2011, 2:47 am

"I did tell you five o' clock tomorrow, but I didn't tell you the where. Training ground 27."
spudman

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 18th, 2011, 1:57 am

August 11th, 8:55 am

Taru walked quickly through the streets of the village, heading toward his usual training ground with a practice bow slung over one shoulder. He yawned a bit as he walked, deftly moving through the morning crowd, rather than taking the rooftops. He had had a late night. He was slowly making progress on the wind jutsu he had picked up, and had lost track of time while training. So he had allowed himself to sleep in a bit, and was getting a late start for his morning target practice and work out.

Passing by the Jonin's bar, Taru continued walking a few blocks until he passed an alleyway and promptly did a double take. Lying just inside the entrance to the alley, propped up against one wall, was the shinobi he had met yesterday at the hospital, Tatsumaru. His eyes were closed and he was not moving. While his usual equipment such as his swords and vest were present, he seemed to be missing the shirt he had been wearing underneath said vest. There was also the aroma of alcohol about him.

Taru stood there a moment while contemplating his options. Waking someone up to a hangover, especially a shinobi, was usually classified as a bad idea. A very bad idea. But Tatsumaru had seemed like a decent person from what Taru had observed yesterday, and while Taru had a couple days off since he had just returned from a mission the day before, he was assuming the Special Jonin probably had someplace to be, and Taru wasn't one to leave someone to their fate. So, deciding to bite the bullet, he approached slowly and with the tip of the arm of his practice bow, gently shook Tatsumaru's shoulder, speaking in a low tone of voice so as to not aggravate the inevitable headache.

"Tatsumaru-san, you alright?"
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Return to “%s” Mission Central