Konoha Hospital

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Konoha Hospital

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 19th, 2011, 2:31 am

Toshizo looks mildly annoyed at the nurses accusations. "Okay, you can't get mad at me over that, Ma'am, as I have no possible way of defending my choice of actions, what with the memory loss. You'll just have to wait until I can put up a good counterargument, which should be a few days from now."
bookworm702

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 19th, 2011, 2:41 am

Taru rolled his eyes at Toshizo.

"you sure it wasn't just another one of your "Why Not?" moments Toshi? I mean, a celestial gate? I thought you were going to ask me to help you test that out in a controlled environment, not in a random spar. "
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » February 19th, 2011, 2:43 am

Tatsumaru looks at his old classmate. Where was that fire she used to have?

Looking at Toshizo he couldn't help but be irritated. While the Yamanaka's point was true...there was still the fact that this whole mess was partially his fault as well.

"Toshizo-san. I had my blade to your neck and you opened the first gate. I specifically asked you to yield and you kept fighting. Admittedly I probably should have knocked you out in the first five seconds rather than playing around but I didn't. So yes this is partially your fault. And yes she can get mad at you because there was no defense for your actions even if you hadn't lost your memories. Just as she can get mad at me for shocking you." he said.

Turning to Miyu
"Miyu-san are you okay?" Tatsumaru asked.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 19th, 2011, 4:19 am

"It's been a long day," Miyu sighed, straightening up and grabbing the paperwork. "Too many things that could have been prevented."
She started filling out the paperwork, adding, "And I certainly can blame you for something you did, whether or not you remember it, Yamanaka-san. You should stay in the hospital overnight so we can be sure you don't have any other damage to your internal organs and so you'll actually rest like you need to. There's a reason you shouldn't open the Gates casually; you'll have muscle strain and if you try to do anything strenuous you'll make it worse. Also, I should put something on that burn before it gets infected, unless you'd rather do it yourself."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 19th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Toshizo was gradually getting more and more irritated with all the finger pointing going on. Honestly, he was sure he had a perfectly good reason. No need for everyone to go blaming him. "Alright, alright, fine. We'll just assume it was a bad decision for now. Yes, it's starting to itch quite a bit, so some ointment would be great. Will I have to stay here for observation, or can I check out? We have a special room for mental observation and editing, so it would be best if I could get out of the hospital as quickly as possible."
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 19th, 2011, 8:02 pm

Tatsumaru shrugs
"That's up to the Doc. Anyways given that you're brains got screwed up something else might be too. If you want I can go find Ino-Sensei and have her take a look at you. Need to talk to her anyway."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 21st, 2011, 2:25 am

Miyu considered.
"I would like to keep you overnight for observation," she said, "to be certain there was no internal damage and that your heart is working fine. Still, it would be good if another Yamanaka looked at you to see what can be done about the mental trauma."
Miyu put down the papers, picked up the jar of burn cream, and started applying it to the burn on the back of Toshizo's head.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » February 21st, 2011, 2:42 am

Tatsumaru nods. He's calmed down now.

"Alright I'm off to see the Wicked Witch of the I/T Division. Taru you up for coming? I need a character witness" he asks
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 21st, 2011, 2:47 am

Taru shrugs.

"Sure, why not. His family knows me, so I should be able to soften the blow a little. Maybe we should swing by a shop on the way and pick up some pudding or cherry tomatoes as a peace offering. Couldn't hurt anyway."
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » February 21st, 2011, 2:49 am

Tatsumaru give a wry smile.
"No that won't hurt at all...Later Toshizo-san, Miyu-san"

The special jonin leaves the hospital with Taru in tow.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 22nd, 2011, 9:49 pm

Toshizo tries to strike up a conversation with the nurse as she applies the burn cream. "So, Nurse-san, did I know you before the memory loss?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 22nd, 2011, 10:09 pm

"No," Miyu replies. "And I am a medic-nin, not a nurse."
She sounds only mildly annoyed at the mistake.
Finished applying the salve, Miyu cleans her fingers off, adding, "My name is Miyu Yasuragi. I was in the same Academy class as Tatsumaru-san."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 22nd, 2011, 10:29 pm

"Ah, sorry, my mistake." Toshizo remembers something that he wanted to bring up before. "Yasuragi-san, I've only known you for a few minutes, but several times I've heard you say something could be prevented. I don't mean to pry, but why do you keep saying that?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 22nd, 2011, 10:58 pm

Miyu looks puzzled. When did she start saying that? She traces back along her memory... oh.
Oh. It must have been after that mission. That was the first time she said that...
"I never really thought about it," she says. "I suppose one could call it my 'troublesome'."
She smiles slightly, but the smile is lacking in sincerity.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 22nd, 2011, 11:09 pm

Toshizo recognizes that look. Most higher ranked ninjas have lots of things they don't like remembering. "Sorry. I shouldn't have asked. So, do you know what kind of regimen I should keep until the muscular damage heals? Just stretching, or is light excersize okay?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 22nd, 2011, 11:25 pm

Miyu notes to herself that she really needs to work on disguising her emotions, and answers, "Absolutely do not exercise for at least a full day, preferably two days, if at all possible. It will make it worse if you do. After that, light exercise is all right, but try to avoid heavy exertion for a week. You should be fully healed by then. If you notice any swelling, apply ice but not for longer than fifteen minutes at a time. Compression also helps control swelling. Do you have any questions?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 23rd, 2011, 12:00 am

"No, that pretty much takes care of everything. Conveniently enough, I should be done healing my body at the same time they finish healing my mind. It's nice to know I still have a little luck." He finishes with a small grin.

There's a small knock on the door. "Is this the room of Yamanaka Toshizo?" A small voice inquires.
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 12:07 am

Miyu opens the door a little slowly.
"It is," she confirms. "And you are?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 23rd, 2011, 12:18 am

When Miyu opens the door, she sees a short older girl with shoulder length dark brown hair and rectangular black glasses. "My name is Aburame Shiori. I heard that Toshizo-san was injured, and I came to visit him. Could we speak to each other in private, please?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 12:26 am

Miyu glances back to Toshizo.
"Yamanaka-san," she says, "Aburame Shiori-san wants to speak with you alone. Is that all right?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 23rd, 2011, 12:29 am

Oh. Oh, dear. Okay, well, this is happening sooner than he had hoped. What was she like? What did she look like? He wasn't really bothered by the Aburame part. His family had had close ties to the bug wielding clan since his great-grandfather.

"Um, yeah, that's fine. Send her in, please."
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 12:34 am

Miyu steps out of the room and to the side.
"Go ahead, Aburame-san," she says, waving Shiori in.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 23rd, 2011, 2:17 am

Shiori walks in and thanks the medic nin. She closes the door behind her and takes a seat. "Toshizo. What happened? My ally came and reported that you had been taken to the hospital."

Toshizo looked at the girl in panic. Why was he the one who had to explain this? "Well, Aburame-san, it's a long-"

Shiori cut him off. "Aburame-san? Toshizo, what's the matter with you? You haven't called me that since the first month we met."

Oh, brilliant. They were on first name terms? "Uh, well, that's just the thing, um-" Toshizo hesitated, "Shiori-san. Apparently I had an accident while sparring with a special jonin named Tatsumaru, and I...I appear to have lost all memories of the past year. I'm sorry, Shiori-san."

As Toshizo finished the statement, Shiori's blood slowly left her face until it was white as a sheet. "Toshizo... you're, you're joking. This is just a bad attempt at humor, right?"

He shook his head sadly. "No, it's not. I wish it was, but it's not. I'm sorry." He felt awful. It was obvious by her reaction that she cared a great deal about him, but she was just a stranger to his eyes.

"Toshizo...no." Almost without thought, she moved out of the chair and wrapped her arms around him. Toshizo couldn't quite supress a blush. "Please. Toshizo, please. We, we were getting married next month! Please remember, Toshizo!" She began sobbing into his his shoulder, clutching onto his flak jacket. Stiff from the muscle strain, Toshizo awkwardly put his arms around her in an attempt to console her.

What was he going to do? He didn't know how to make her feel better; he didn't even know her! So he just settled for holding her. Maybe if he just shut up, she could pretend he was the man she knew.

For several minutes they stayed there in that awkward embrace. Toshizo sat back, not thinking anything in particular, taking deep, calming breaths through his nose. At this proximity, his nose was assaulted by Shiori's scent. The musky smell of her jacket, the odd must given off by the kikai, the faint, cloying scent of honeysuckle...

"Flowers." Toshizo half mumbled to himself. Shiori remained motionless.

"I...I brought you flowers." He sat up now, and Shiori looked up, her face twinged with hope. "They....they were...Amaryllis." The faintest hint of recognition began to dawn on his features. "I told you you were beautiful." He says with a voice edging towards wonder.

Shiori smiled even as she wiped away her tears. "That's, that's right." Her cheeks, bone white just a few minutes ago, gained a light blush. "That was the first time someone called me beautiful." She smiled again and pulled him into another embrace. Tears, this time of happiness, dampened his shoulder once again. "Thank you. Thank you for remembering."

After a while, they sit back down and Shiori and Toshizo have a long talk, Shiori walking through everything she can remember about their time together.
bookworm702

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 23rd, 2011, 2:41 am

Taru led the way back into the hospital, a look of relief on his face. That had been...not nearly as terrifying as he had expected. Though he supposed just being there as a witness rather than the accused could have been part of that. Taru paused in the hospital lobby, and tossed an amused smile toward Tatsumaru.

"I haven't been that nervous since my last mission to Kumo. Well, Tatsumaru-san, I think Miyu-san will be working on her rounds right now. Why don't you go find her and fill her in,while I go check on Toshizo? Hopefully Shiori hasn't shown up yet and I can break the news to Toshi first, and give him some more details about her."
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » February 23rd, 2011, 2:47 am

Tatsumaru growls
"Ino-sensei is planning something. Keep your guard up. Yeah I'll go find Miyu. I want to ask her about something anyway."

The special jonin leaves. Heh and I started out this day looking for someone too. Given my track record...
Shaking off negative thoughts Tatsumaru looks for a nurses station. Miyu said it had been a long day; she was probably going to check out soon. There was one Nurse station per floor. Given that her rounds were on this floor Tatsumaru thought he could intercept her there.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Mission Central