Konoha Hospital

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Konoha Hospital

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 2:53 am

While Toshizo and Shiori were talking, Miyu resumed her interrupted rounds.
Fortunately, she had been close to the end of them, and the delay had not caused any severe issues.
She finished the task, washed her hands, and then went to check out. That was when she saw Tatsumaru.
"Tatsumaru-san," she greeted, "you returned quickly. What did Yamanaka-sama say?"
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » February 23rd, 2011, 2:57 am

Tatsumaru gave a defeated look to Miyu

"Ino-sensei that they have no way to fix him. Worst case is that Toshizo-san never recovers his memories. Although Sensei expects that he should recover the over a few months. She's also decided that me and Toshizo-san will be place on the same team so that I can 'atone' for mistake."

Feeling uncomfortable Tatsumaru decides to switch topics to something more innocuous
"Speaking of teams Miyu-san how's yours?" he asks.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 3:10 am

Miyu freezes. She knows Tatsumaru was only trying to change the topic to something less unpleasant.
Unfortunately, he failed miserably.
"Dead," she says, the shortness of the answer making it a little easier to say.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » February 23rd, 2011, 3:15 am

Oh shit....Tatsumaru smacks himself with his hand and pulls his hand down on his face.

"Damn...sorry Miyu-san I didn't know. My condolences. I didn't know Uzumaki-san or Yuuhi-san well but they seemed like good people." he says.

Looking at Miyu just standing there he figures in for a shuriken in for a kunai he asks
"Have you been doing alright?"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 3:28 am

"Well enough, considering," Miyu says, still a little unbalanced emotionally. "I buried myself in hospital work... I'm probably practicing unhealthy avoidance tendencies, but I wanted to put off thinking about it."
She takes a slow breath, then adds, "Was there anything else?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » February 23rd, 2011, 3:38 am

Tatsumaru shakes his head.
"Well I guess that explains what happened to you. In the academy you were always yelling at us to sit down and stop being idiots. When I saw you today you seemed so....grey."

The special jonin blushes a bit he's not exactly happy using words. He prefers to use his swords.
Without thinking he blurts out.
"Anyways. I'm on a team with Toshizo. I requested a medic. Maybe if you were to put in for a team you'd be on with our team. Regardless. If you want to hang out sometime let me know. I'll probably be around here for awhile until Toshizo is released."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 3:51 am

Miyu is not really certain how to respond. She is surprised, and shows it, but there are several other emotions all tangled up and she needs to answer Tatsumaru sooner than she can figure out what exactly she felt.
"I..." she starts, then realizes what she really needs to say. She can sort out the rest later, but for now she smiles, a little.
"Thank you, Tatsumaru-san."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » February 23rd, 2011, 3:58 am

Tatsumaru notices Miyu's surprise. Guess I grew up a bit after all he thinks
giving a soft smile of his own he says
"You're welcome Miyu-san. I'd really like it if you were on the team with us. Anyways I won't take up anymore of your time. I'll go see how Taru and Toshizo are doing. Have a good evening Miyu-san"

Tatsumaru turns to leave.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 23rd, 2011, 4:12 am

As Taru made his way back toward Toshizo's room, he kept thinking about what had happened. He and Toshizo had ended up here before, but not for anything as strange as this. It was usually just cuts and scrapes, a broken bone once or twice. But amnesia? This was weirding him out a little bit. The thought of losing that much of a persons memory so easily was scary. Taru remembered a lot that had happened over the past year, while the last thing his friend remembered was their other team mates giant stash of candy, and Taru getting dressed down by their sensei and the Raikage. It was...unsettling to say the least. He would have to be careful with any lightning users he encountered in the future.

As he opened the door to the room, the blond didn't notice there was another visitor there until after he had shut the door and started talking.

"Alright Toshi, we went and saw your aunt and she said-"

His eyes finally came to rest on the forms of his friend and to his surprise, Shiori, both of whom were getting...cozy at the moment. Taru cut off what he was saying quickly, an embarrassed expression on his face.

"Well, this is unexpected. I would say get a room, but seeing as you already have one..."
Last edited by gamebrain89 on February 23rd, 2011, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 23rd, 2011, 4:21 am

"Aburame Shiori-san went to visit Yamanaka-san," Miyu advises Tatsumaru. "I do not know if she is still there. Have a good evening."
Miyu also turns and leaves, sorting through the tangle of emotion. Hurt, yes, and a little anger, because of Tatsumaru's bluntness, but right on the heels of that happiness and gratitude in somewhat greater measure.
"I'd really like it if you were on the team with us."
And a little confusion and a great deal of surprise; Tatsumaru is... well, he is still Tatsumaru, but he is different too. The Tatsumaru she knew in the Academy would never have said something like that.
Or do I only think that because I did not know him well?
Miyu has no answer, so she tries not to spend too long worrying over the question.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » February 23rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

Overhearing Miyu's remark Tatsumaru swears under his breath. Taking off at a dead run (Or as fast as you can be in hospital filled with twitchy ninja)
Why did I say that to Miyu-san? Upon further reflection
I've been out of the loop to long Aisha and Shingen had both fallen back into their own family matters. Hell the last time I saw either of them was three months ago. Is it really just loneliness on my part? Nah it's more than that. Miyu needs a friend too.
Tatsumaru continued to debate with himself as he desperately tried to reach Toshizo's room.
With any luck he could reach them before the Aburame was convinced to kill him. Tatsumaru was probably being paranoid. The special jonin found he didn't care.
Last edited by gman391 on April 5th, 2011, 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 23rd, 2011, 9:51 pm

The young couple started at Taru's voice. "T-Taru-san!" Shiori said, practically jumping to attention. She quickly composed herself. "I came when I learned that Toshizo-san was injured." Her eyebrows grew together in a frown above her glasses. "I don't know how to tell you this, but I'm afraid he was injured in a sparring match and has developed retrograde amnesia."

"Oh, don't worry, Shiori-san." Toshizo chipped in. "Taru was here when I was unconscious, so he already knows." He turned to address Taru. "Shiori-san learned that I was injured and came to see me. She's been helping me try to remember the past year."

Shiori nodded. "Yes. Although it was good to learn that a few days of mental therapy will restore his memory, I still thought it would be helpful to sort out as many memories beforehand as possible."
bookworm702

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 23rd, 2011, 10:26 pm

Taru grimaced as Shiori spoke, knowing what he was about to tell them might not be taken too well. A nervous glance toward Shiori accompanied his explanation. From what he had seen of her the times they had met in the past, he liked her, and Shiori had steadily been growing on Toshizo before the memory wipe, so he really didn't like the thought of upsetting her even more.

"Yeah about that... I just got back from speaking to his aunt with Tatsumaru-san. And from what she said, it doesn't look like thats going to work. Apparently this kind of injury isn't something they can just fix. His memory will have to come back on its own, and when that happens is kind of up in the air. I could be today, it could be a few weeks, or...erm. Not at all."

Taru quickly smiled at the girl in an attempt to head off any worry, but he was unsure of how well it would work.

"But don't worry, Shiori-san. Toshizo's resilient and I'm sure his memory will come back sooner rather than later."
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 23rd, 2011, 11:41 pm

When Taru delivers the news, Toshizo's face falls, but Shiori's shoulders only sag a bit.

"I see." Shiori replies. "That is...unfortunate. We can only hope for Toshizo-san's recovery in due time."

Toshizo recognizes that Shiori is taking the news less than well, and decides he should try and put up a good front. "Don't worry, Shiori-san. Like Taru said, I'm a very resilient healer. I'm sure I'll have all my memories back in 3 weeks, tops!" At the end of the sentence, he lets loose with a gut busting yawn. "But, it's getting a bit late, and it would probably be best for my recovery if I got to bed early."

Shiori responds with a nod. "Yes, rest is imperative for any recovery. Good evening, Toshizo-san, Taru-san." At this, she quietly leaves the room and walks down the hallway.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 23rd, 2011, 11:47 pm

Tatsumaru being distracted with his own thoughts barrels headlong down the hallway to Toshizo's room.
*Crash* Not being able to stop in time Tatsumaru finds himself in a heap with a girl.

Gingerly extracting himself from the girl the special jonin stands up. Offering a hand out towards the girl.
"Ouch sorry about that. Name's Tatsumaru..."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 24th, 2011, 12:01 am

The tension in Taru's shoulders dissipated after Shiori had left. She seemed a bit upset, but not as much as he had expected. Hopefully Toshi would recover quickly and things would be ok. Taru put that thought aside and grinned at his friend.

"I'm surprised Toshi. Don't remember her but your getting cozy already. I was honestly hoping to beat her here so I could fill you in a bit more, but I guess I was too late."

Taru studied his friends face for a few moments. He and Toshizo had spent alot of time together on the same team, and just messing around in general, that Taru could read his friend fairly well, and vice versa. Something was up.

"I get the feeling something happened before I came in, did you remember something?"
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 24th, 2011, 12:12 am

Toshizo blushes heavily at his friend's comments. "No, no, it wasn't like that! She, she just didn't take the news very well, and so, I, uh, just tried to console her. She seems like a really nice girl."

"Well, yeah. I was able to remember a day about 2 months ago. I brought her a bouquet of Amaryllis, and told her she was beautiful. It's not much, but it's a place to start rebuilding, so it's something, I guess."

---

Shiori grabs the hand to help her up, but when she hears the name of the man she ran into, her grip increases considerably.

"Tatsumaru? Tell me, were you on your way to see Yamanaka Toshizo?"
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 24th, 2011, 12:18 am

Tatsumaru slowly comes to regret offering the hand. Looking up and down the girl he makes several guesses.
One that she is an Aburame
Two that she came from Toshizo's room
Three that most likely this is Shiori Aburame. Toshzio Yamanaka's fiancée
Four he was screwed in ways that they didn't even have words for yet.
Calm down. Tatsumaru yelled at his body. Focus

"Yes I am. I take it that you are Shiori Aburame-san?" he says breaking out of her grip.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 24th, 2011, 12:47 am

Although she tried to retain her grip, Tatsumaru's superior physical strength made it easy for him to break free. Very well, then. Other methods of instruction were available to her.

"I am. You must be an acquaintance of Toshizo-san, but I'm afraid we haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet. Since this is our first meeting, perhaps I should share some information with you." At this, kikai began crawling across her arms and neck. "Although not a secret, it is uncommon knowledge that the Aburame manipulate their kikai bugs through delicate control of their emotions. Care must be taken at all times to be in control, otherwise the hive will act wholesale on whatever emotion is being broadcasted at greatest intensity." Bugs are now crawling across her face, through her hair, and along her legs. "Sadness and despair cause lethargy and prolonged periods of hibernation." There was now a small cocoon of kikai enveloping her and a haze, the begginings of a swarm, forming in the air around her. A bit louder, and with a definite edge to her voice, she finishes, "And when left unchecked, anger and rage releases the allies' anthropophagous tendencies on whatever the target of that anger may be."

As quickly as they came, the swarm of insects quickly receded back into her jacket. "Just an interesting factoid I thought you might wish to be aware of. Good evening, Tatsumaru-san." With that, she walks down the hallway with all the grace a high born ninja can muster, never once looking back.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 24th, 2011, 12:57 am

Tatsumaru blinks. Truthfully Shiori was rather impressive but the effect is ruined by the high born walk. Given that the last time he seen it done that well was when his....father left him in Konoha it doesn't exactly inspire friendly feelings.

Sorry Shiori-san but you were trying too hard. Good show though and I'll keep an eye out for the Aburame. he thinks.

Looking down he find his hand on a blade.

"Heh must have gotten to me more than I thought" Tatsumaru mutters to himself.

Continuing down the door he hears Taru "But I got dibs on his stuff if no one claims the body"

Smirking Tatsumaru opens the door.
"Taru-san I'll have you know that my stuff is all earmarked towards the Fōji family. Still glad to see you thinking ahead. Anyways Toshizo you have a rather formidable woman there. How are you feeling?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 24th, 2011, 1:03 am

Taru smirks back at Tatsumaru, laughing a bit as he replied to the older shinobi's statement.

"Eh, I was kidding anyway. Shiori-san is just worried about Toshizo, and I doubt she would attack you over what happened. But apparently he remembered something already, so thats a good sign."
Last edited by gamebrain89 on February 24th, 2011, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » February 24th, 2011, 1:05 am

Toshizo nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I was able to remember a bit. I guess time will tell how much I'll be able to get back. Once I'm out of the hospital, I'll go through the clan library with a fine tooth comb to see if I can find any mention of something that could help. Anyway, it's getting pretty late. I'm going to go to bed soon, so don't stick around on my account."
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » February 24th, 2011, 1:15 am

Tatsumaru looks at his newest subordinate. Although he's incredibly annoyed by Toshizo-san for getting him involved in this mess. the special jonin feels kind of grateful as well. At least this has gotten him away from Rokubungi. Tatsumaru suppresses a shudder. Still hopefully this team will turn out alright.

"That's good to hear Toshizo-san. Not sure how much Taru-san has told you but I talked to Ino-sensei. Your memory if and when it comes back will happen at it's own pace. That you're already getting something is good. However in her infinite wisdom Ino-sensei has determined that you and I are to be place on a team together Toshizo-san." the special jonin says.

He waits a few more minutes before continuing
"With any luck Taru-san here will be included along with a medic. But we'll have to wait and see. Rest up, I'll be by tomorrow to talk more about what you think you can do."

With that Tatsumaru gives a nod and leaves.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 24th, 2011, 2:00 am

Taru bid Tatsumaru fair well before turning back toward Toshizo.

"I'll let you get some sleep then. Hopefully we will find out if I get assigned to your team soon. Anyway, you know where to find me. Later Toshizo."

Taru headed out the door, trying to decide what to do. There wasn't much light left, and he really didn't want to have to spend the time on bow maintenence for only a short amount of target practice.

Well, my ninjutsu could always use some work, and I've got that one I'm working on I really want to get down...

Taru nodded to himself, but was interrupted by his stomach suddenly growling.

But first, I think I'll get something to eat.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » March 18th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Miyu got up early that morning, like she usually did, dressed and ate breakfast quickly, and went to work at the hospital.

It was nearly nine in the morning when she knocked on Toshizo's door, wondering if he was awake yet. Had she remembered to warn him not to go back to sleep for a few hours? She hoped so, but could not recall.
"Yamanaka-san?" she called through the door. "Are you awake?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Return to “%s” Mission Central