Hokage Tower

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Hokage Tower

Unread postby spudman » January 31st, 2010, 7:52 pm

Hanabi’s bearing becomes grimmer and colder as Tsuyoshi continues.

“To think this has been going on without our knowing. These slave traders will be dealt with.” Hanabi says with a deadly certainty on that point. “I’ll need to talk to Kojira about his augments, see what he has to say.”

“I can understand how you can be disgusted given what you saw and heard from this Kumiko, Tsuyoshi-san. If it is the truth I find it horrible and disturbing as well. We really cannot be certain what the whole village is like from one person, even a leader. She could be a severe traditionalist, isolated from the masses. What you have heard from this girl would seem to match with the Shodaime's vague warnings, however.”

She sighs, “If this is some sort of elaborate act, what could be gained that it is worth making yourself and your village appear such a way? I suppose I can see the truth for myself later today. Thank you for taking the time to tell me all this, Tsuyoshi-san. Is there anything else?”

-------------------------------

Nishiyori headed toward the Hokage’s office, with supply scrolls concealed on his person. It had taken him most of the night and a couple favors to get all the supplies together and ready but it was about to pay off.

Besides the ones for the Hokage’s office and inner sanctum he’d offered similar supply scrolls that he’d prepared to Ibiki to be used at his discretion. The scrolls all contained a multitude of tags, cameras, and monitoring equipment.

In each area where these little extras were to be planted, tripwire tags would be added throughout before locking up. Those tags likely attached to trap or alarm tags of different sorts and levels. Obvious enough to get around, but still a pain and even the slightest bit of focus you can take from an intruder is worth it.

Each room would get cameras of two different sorts. The first were the smallest video cameras he could find, it would be a quick job of attaching them to the wiring in the rooms he aimed to monitor. Given their tiny size it wouldn’t be that hard to keep them hidden but the quick wiring job made them vulnerable to power loss. Power loss was explainable by other things; the cameras going dark in such a case would be suspicious but wouldn’t prove much. The second was the type with a serious internal battery and guards against interference. It was larger and much harder to hide, but it was the battery and other safeguards that made it worth the effort. These heavy duty ones going dark could still happen, ninjutsu after all, but it would be proof positive someone was in there and tampered with them.

Never mind those trip-wire seals I placed inside them. Those were a chore.

'If a location has to be remotely monitored, catching a certain ninja in the act red-handed is a difficult proposition under the best of circumstances. Strive to guarantee that if something happens, you’ll at least know where and when.'

Against a mostly unknown enemy that has the time to plan and initiative there wasn’t much else that could be done without completely sealing off the place with lots of cement and fuuinjutsu.

The rat summoner finally arrived at the Hokage tower.

oog: edit: changed Hanabi's part some.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 2nd, 2010, 12:57 am

(That's it. From now on, I am never hinting anything to you people again.)
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 2nd, 2010, 1:02 am

(I apologize for the metagaming, and have deleted the offending post, but dude, from where I'm sitting it looks like you're setting us up for failure no matter what we do.)
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » February 2nd, 2010, 1:17 am

oog: The documents Hanabi used last night are the only things they KNOW are linked to Mori, I believe. I got the impression that Hanabi was putting all the scant information they knew on the table.

The fact Anti posted somewhere else the Kuroda siblings plotting means I, spudman, DO know something is going to happen...I can't help that. But I can do my best to separate that knowledge from what my character knows.

Anti had Hanabi establish that Kumiko is probably after something. The inner sanctum was already mentioned between the Kurodas so I can never be 100% certain I would have realized Kumiko might be after something really old if all I had read was Anti's 'Hanabi' post, because things never happened that way. Should I allow that doubt to prevent actions that make sense to me?

I think it is fair to imagine that Tsukiko would conclude a girl from a village that was isolated for so long would come here for something old as well. Going on that...Nishi's adding some security measures to the sanctum, as well as the Hokage's office (which is a high profile spot no matter what) and other places.

What I'm saying is the influence of other knowledge can't be removed entirely if we're honest with ourselves. I understand your concern Anti, I do. It's not going to be perfect, let's just do the best we can to make things interesting and have fun.

Whether Nishiyori's surprises work or not, or how well they work, I guess we'll find out.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 2nd, 2010, 1:26 am

(Hey, whoa, once the actual exciting bits happen, you'll influence the entire plot. Look at the view from my point: You guys are instantly going after the one place I've mentioned to you: Hokage's sanctum. Why not strengthen the Yamanaka village-reader-thing to keep an eye on movements? Why not put together a team of ANBU to track the two Kuroda? Why not try making moving about for either twin difficult, rather than just craming the Sanctum with every nin in Konoha and making it impossible for me to do anything than A) Have Kojira and Kumiko call it off (Because missions that get called off because everyone knows everything seems to be a recurring factor) because it's too difficult or B) Have them go desperately berserk, rush the point and end up having to get a few main characters killed? The former's boring, and as for the latter -Kumiko is intended as a serious villian. She is powerful. You know all her weaknesses? Guess what? She knows them too, she's found ways around the most obvious ones.) In doing so, she was behind Kojira's exile. She has strengths, too. When the time comes, I'm counting on you lot to find ways around them. As for external knowledge, well, I've done my best to make my characters suspicious. But it's a general suspicious, so that rather precludes any specific guarding.

I know it seems like a rant, but I blaming no-one and I'm not saying anyone is to blame, or that there's even blame to lay. Just... think for yourselves. Kumiko is paranoid. The intelligent ones among you would have already figured out an incredible weakness to exploit in a battle situation. Think hard, play wisely.)

oog: I was going on Temp's massive 'Move everything away from the sanctum' shot. According to Konoha, there is nothing in the sanctum or anywhere in the village that could apply to the Kuroda in living memory.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 2nd, 2010, 1:30 am

Tsuyoshi shrugs. "Nothing else I could glean before I left under "pain of death"," he mutters that last part sarcastically. "As for suggestions... you're the Hokage, you know your nin's capabilities far better than I do, even taking the information that Itsuki sometimes divulges to me into account. I trust you, Hanabi-sama, to do what is right for the village, and it's people. Good day." He rises, bows respectfully, and leaves.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » February 2nd, 2010, 9:02 pm

Hanabi nods as Tsuyoshi leaves. Soon enough her solitude is once again broken by someone entering her office. She frowns at the interruption.

“I’ll start downstairs if that’s alright with you, Hokage-sama.”

“Fine, just go.”

Nishiyori bows and moves down to the inner sanctum to begin his work.

With her office to herself again, Hanabi makes sure there is nobody else around and the room is sealed before bringing out her crystal ball. With its power she checks on the ANBU teams monitoring the Kurodas, as well as the location of the siblings themselves.

After that, the Hokage will spend time with the evil necessity of paperwork until she decides to go out into town and meet with Kuroda Kumiko.

Meanwhile, in the inner sanctum Nishiyori is planting his cameras. With the limited wiring there really isn’t a whole lot to work with but he makes due, managing to get coverage with the small and larger cameras. He’ll place some tripwire tags at different points through the room, attached to endochakra tags to avoid damage to any of the relics (unless there are relics affected by charka nearby). The Hokage’s office he’ll save for while she’s on her little walk-about and meeting.

oog: I'm pretty sure the need to have ANBU (with an Uchiha and Hyuuga) on the siblings was established.
spudman

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 3rd, 2010, 4:42 pm

Out of the corner of the mans eye, black shapes seem to drift in and out of sight, like a school of extremely shy fish.
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » February 3rd, 2010, 7:20 pm

oog: You mean Nishiyori in the sanctum, you mean?
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 3rd, 2010, 7:23 pm

(OOG: Since the only two people mentioned in the post before that are Hanabi and Nishi, then I'd say yeah, he's talking about Nishi.)
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » February 4th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Nishiyori eventually notices shifting black shapes out of the corner of his eye.

His instincts tell him he is not imagining things.

'Being under watch is not always the end of an operation. They may be able to see some of what you're doing but it isn't always the whole truth. Use that to your advantage.'

Hiding the couple larger cameras had been his first task. Now he's connecting the smaller ones to the wiring in the room in locations as hidden as he can get. Part of the time he's on the ceiling upside down, connecting a camera close to one of the lights on the ceiling. Each camera and extra parts and wiring is different and takes a certain amount of fiddling but it eventually gets done. The tags are set up last, some intended to make moving around the area much more difficult. Even a few of the relics are rigged. He finishes the work and will return to the Hokage’s office. Though she’s still there she indicates for him to begin setting up the cameras at least.

oog: Naruto and Hinata can make their entrance if anyone cares to.
Last edited by spudman on February 5th, 2010, 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » February 4th, 2010, 11:29 pm

[Yeah, I'll write it in a bit]
serbii

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 5th, 2010, 8:05 am

The shapes continue to remove, dodging his vision and giving the impression of a slowly ebbing presence.
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » February 7th, 2010, 5:54 am

Nishiyori works in the Hokage’s office and finds there aren’t any of the shadows he noticed in the sanctum. The arrival of Naruto and Hinata is mentioned and soon enough they’re granted entry to the office. The ANBU captain decides it’s best if they hear this too. Still, he gives Hanabi a pointed look to check the area with her eyes just to be on the safe side. Once she confirms it’s safe he’ll speak.

“Hokage-sama, I thought I should mention the pest problem downstairs.”

Hanabi notices there is another meaning to his words. “Euphemisms are not necessary.”

Nishiyori nods. “I didn’t get a good look at what it was exactly, but my instincts are sure it was watching.”

The Hokage absorbs that information. If Nishiyori was being watched in the inner sanctum, then something in there was likely being targeted. Hanabi looks to her sister.

“I assume you met with Kojira earlier. Did he have anything to say?”

oog: I have a fairly solid idea of what Hanabi might do once given the information. But I'll wait for the actual roleplay. But I'll say this much, *#$% probably isn't going to hit the fan, at least not yet.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » February 7th, 2010, 11:12 pm

Hinata nods.
"Bits and pieces, he's hard enough to get a straight answer out of at the best of times. He's working for his sister, I think he has been for some time, or at least is loyal to her. Before now there's never been a conflict of interest, his loyalty to Konoha is genuine, but that to his sister may be greater...

He doesn't want Mori involved here, not only because it will test his loyalties, I think much for the same reason the Hokages thought it would be better to face the Kyuubi alone than call on them. They are too war like, too alien. We were the ones who trapped them for a hundred years if they seek war it will be us they turn their eyes to. The more they kill the stronger they become, taking the life, souls, chi of the dead into their seals I think. The weak are killed off to empower the strong, they have been preparing for war for 60 years.

His sister was sent here as The Matriarch, his grandmother, fears her. She is too ambitious, too ruthless. His grandmother..." she frowns, wondering to to phrase it, "The way he spoke about her, she's something close to immortal. I think Kumiko is looking for a way to kill her, or otherwise bind her so as to take her place. I don't know, I can only speculate.

Hinata quotes Kojira to Hanabi "'She has a plan, and it involves meeting the Lady Hanabi. But it does not involve the Lady Hanabi, if that makes any sense. Beyond that, I don't know'. Be careful

Kumiko knows we sealed a bijuu, evidently their seals are fairly similar, I wondered if... if taking life into their augments makes them stronger, increases their life... could they take in a demon? An immortal's soul? When he spoke about the Martiarch he said 'when...if...she dies' I wonder if this is why?

His parting words were" Hinata quotes again "Keep the kids inside today, Lady Hinata. Even I don't know what's going to happen. I suspect our troubles are beginning, or soon to come crashing to an end. But there will be casualties if it goes wrong. A lot of casualties."

Hinata finishes and Naruto puts an arm around her shoulder.

[/analyse conversation :roll: ]
serbii

Unread postby spudman » February 8th, 2010, 2:19 am

Hanabi's visage remains still as she listens. "So whatever Kumiko has in mind will likely occur or be set in motion while I am meeting her. And we know the where of her objective now." her eyes shift over to the sanctum's entrance for an instant.

"Hinata-sama, how would you describe Kojira's demeanor throughout? Was he especially defensive or anxious at any point?" Nishiyori asks.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » February 8th, 2010, 3:33 am

"I wouldn't be certain of her objective sister, we shouldn't get comfortable and believe if we protect one place we'll foil whatever she's planning."

Hinata takes a deep breath and starts to recall. "He was injured when he came in 'superficial if but dramatic' he said and waved it off. The injuries were for shock value, probably deliberate in that sense. According to Kojira she can fully control him, at least at close proximity.

What else...? He mentioned to survive the injuries inflicted upon him before or during his exile he had to leave his augments running, normally this would be punishable by death, it is a great insult to have them running in another's household. However he was granted some form of permission for coming here.

He was unhappy about Itsuki's attack, I do not believe he wished to have to fight a friend.
And when I asked about Morigakure... he looked lost, it's tearing him apart. Having loyalty to two places, but he seems... resigned.

A Toad came, from Tsukiko, bearing a message for him from his sister. It asked him to pick up a set of novels of all things. He became quite distraught, started to 'freak out' as the kids would put it, he calmed himself when I interrupted him with a question. He claimed the novels wouldn't be in til tomorrow and he wouldn't get a discount of he bought them individually. He made it seem like the world would end if he didn't get them. He was visibly calming himself by the end of the conversation

His parting sounded like a warning, a little wistful too maybe. He wants this to be over."

[I need to save the Hinata/Kojira conversation in a word doc or something. I've trawled through that topic too many times.]
serbii

Unread postby spudman » February 11th, 2010, 4:31 am

“Very true sister, we can't count on guarding one location, but that wasn’t quite what I had in mind. I will still meet with Kumiko out in town later, but I think I’ll speak to Kojira before that. Nishiyori…”

“Hm?”

“Keep an eye out, but remain unnoticed.”

“That’s all?”

“Yes, unless you judge it to be immediately vital to village security.”

Nishiyori nods in understanding, “…right.” He pauses for a moment, and glances at the former Hokage and his wife before addressing Hanabi again. “I’m done setting up here for now, but I need to step out for a bit.”

“Naruto-sama, Hinata-sama, lunch is my treat. Ichiraku’s.”

That catches the Rokudaime’s attention. The three of them leave, leaving Hanabi alone in her office.

She'll write out several orders and has them dispatched to their locations. Orders are sent out to gather certain individuals to remain on stand-by at a location outside the village. A message is also sent out to Kyoko and Kagami Ishikawa, who knowing them are likely following the Nanadaime’s niece. Finally, a message to Kuroda Kojira is sent. Simply put it says to expect an arrival at his home within the hour, and to wait for them.

oog: we are getting close to Hanabi going on her walk-about, promise. Just need to post some more for Nishiyori in the unwanted mission thread and get the twins their orders. But I have Tsukiko’s response ready so I’ll post that there now.
spudman

Unread postby spudman » October 12th, 2010, 7:16 pm

August 10th

Nishiyori and Tsukiko arrive outside the Hokage's office with the latter letting Akane down once they're inside. Emphasizing they have urgent news for the Hokage they are quickly allowed into her office.

oog: Hope I got the date right. MEK, since it's your background and you know the character do you want to post for Hanabi or should I?
spudman

Unread postby Phht » October 12th, 2010, 7:29 pm

[Indeed, date is correct. Corpse discovery, Fire Lady leaving Konoha with Tora, and events with Akane so far are all the same day as far as I'm aware.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » October 12th, 2010, 7:33 pm

(If you want me to do Hanabi, I can try. I make no promises on quality though :|.)
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » October 12th, 2010, 7:37 pm

oog: don't sell yourself short. I'd suggest either you or phht though, since you both have more of an idea of what's going on, even if you don't reveal much else for now...
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » October 12th, 2010, 8:00 pm

(*sighs* Fine; but I did warn you.)

"Well? Out with it." Hanabi says, even as she continues to sign papers.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » October 12th, 2010, 8:25 pm

"Akane-chan made a prophecy, Hokage-sama." Tsukiko says, handing her the diary with it opened to the right page. "It indicates "The Judgement" going on a rampage."
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » October 12th, 2010, 8:32 pm

"... You're sure that's what you saw, Akane?" The little girl nods.
"Yep! I wrote it down in my dream diary and everything!" Hanabi sighs, rubbing her temples.
"Nishiyori, what's your take on this?"
MEKristian

Return to “%s” Mission Central