Ruins of Victorious Souls

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Ruins of Victorious Souls

Unread postby Thozmp » October 17th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Kiren finished examening the second pillar with a frown before Blink-Stepping towards the third, which got a quick once over, before once more blinking to the final pillar and quickly going over the writings there. "208..."

Kiren blinks and then shakes his head, "Right! Time to head in!" Kiren announced pointing towards the sheltered stairs.
Thozmp

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 17th, 2009, 6:46 pm

I look at Kiren before turning back to the symbol I was studying. "This might help." I channel a thinly focus thread of chakra into the symbol and it glows brightly. It feels as if something breaks, and small orbs of light fade into existence around the clearing and descending down into the stairwell.
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Random_fan » October 19th, 2009, 2:15 am

*Kenta looks where Kiren is pointing shrugs and heads over to it looking non-chalant.*
Random_fan

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 19th, 2009, 10:53 pm

I sigh and take the initiative. "Alright, follow me." I start down the stairwell, senses sharp and looking out for anything unusual.

[Thomzp, you're the one running this mission, let us know what's going on.]
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Thozmp » October 19th, 2009, 11:48 pm

[Sorry, life caught up with me]

Down the stairs Ayumu can see a long hallway, surprisingly it isn't dark, however any sources of light are not visible. All over the walls is more of the writing that was on the pillars, knowledge available to those that can read it.

Kiren follows behind Kenta and Ayumu, at the bottom of the stairs, Kiren takes out another blank scroll, unrolls it and presses it against the wall, copying various different parts of the writings even as he reads it.
Thozmp

Unread postby Flux_Blade » October 20th, 2009, 12:40 am

Ichigo stayed quiet on the way there and once the client started working on the seals, well, there is a reason that he is not studying seals. "This has been interesting." He mutters to his teammates.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Random_fan » October 20th, 2009, 7:49 pm

*Kenta is looking at the seals when he answers Ichigo.*

"Very interesting indeed. Either of you know anything about seals?"
Random_fan

Unread postby Greybane » October 20th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Kazuki examines the writing as best he can.
Last edited by Greybane on October 21st, 2009, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby serbii » October 20th, 2009, 8:29 pm

*Kenta is looking at the seals when he answers Ichigo.*

"Very interesting indeed. Either of you know anything about seals?"
"This stuff is so above my level..."
serbii

Unread postby Thozmp » October 20th, 2009, 10:24 pm

Kiren doesn't stop his copying of the writings, "Actually, these aren't seals." Kiren glances at the genin, "This is more of a writen record, though it is a bit confusing." This time Kiren does stop copying and points to a particular line, "Like this here; if I'm reading it right, says something along the lines of 'Ichigo of Tanzuki, 16, painter' and I think it lists the names of the artwork, not entirely certain though." Kiren rolls up his scroll and starts his way further in. "Of course the older writings are deeper in the ruins..."
Thozmp

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 20th, 2009, 10:36 pm

"Not to mention you can't feel any latent or stored chakra in the writings. If they were seals, you'd be able to. Though I suppose that they may have been seals at one point in time, but over the ages, the chakra bled out of them. However, considering how well protected this place was, I'd say there's a low likelyhood of that."

MrRigger2

Unread postby Random_fan » October 20th, 2009, 11:27 pm

"Well good to know that these aren't seals, I think."
Random_fan

Unread postby Greybane » October 21st, 2009, 12:32 pm

"Well good to know that these aren't seals, I think."
"It is. Less chance of inadvertently activating a trap that could kill us all." With that Kazuki gives up on trying to make any sense of the ancient script, vaguely annoyed. "Where is that light coming from? I am not sensing any chakra that could be used for that at the moment."
Greybane

Unread postby Random_fan » October 22nd, 2009, 8:52 pm

"Well as long as the light isn't deadly I'm not really fussed where it's coming from."
Random_fan

Unread postby Thozmp » October 26th, 2009, 4:55 pm

[Sorry about that, RL took a bite out of me.]

Coming to a split, Kiren pulls out a coin and flips it. Seems the group is going right. "I'm not sure where the light is coming from, "I've heard about caves and other 'lightless' places that sprout have glowing crystals or fungus, or just an eldrich glow to allow human adventurers to see where they couldn't normally. Hold up." Kiren stops suddenly and closely examines a spot on the left wall a bit ahead. It looks as if someone tattooed a stylized frog's head as big as a person's head on the wall; in addition, while it seems affixed to the wall, it also seems to be disconected to it.

"That's certainly different, but, then again, given where we are..."
Thozmp

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 26th, 2009, 5:36 pm

Smirking, I put on my best teacher voice. "Now students, what can you tell me about the mysterious floating frog's head?"

MrRigger2

Unread postby Thozmp » October 28th, 2009, 8:48 am

"... It's something like a combination storage/summon glyph... but different." Kiren continues to examen it without getting too much closer, "Like the blueprints are inside, and when activated, brings forth the needed materials to construct... whatever. But something like this can't be made, it has to have been something that was-"

Before Kiren can continue, said glyph activates, and turns into a large golden frog--about the size of a medium dog--with its back legs are like the bridge, seemingly made out of blue graffiti. Standing in the middle of the hallway, it lets out a loud croak before puffing up.
Thozmp

Unread postby Random_fan » October 28th, 2009, 9:38 am

"I'd say that was wierd but to be frank I've seen wierder."

*Kenta proceeds to get into a fighting stance with kunai in both his hands*
Random_fan

Unread postby Greybane » October 28th, 2009, 2:52 pm

Kazuki quickly pulls a scroll from his thigh and opens the first bit of it, so that one hand is holding a partially unrolled scroll and the other is using chakra to adhere to the back of the opened part.
Greybane

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 28th, 2009, 8:32 pm

"So, Mr. Frog, what do you have for us today." Despite the congenial tone, my fingers twitch and flick as I reinforce my defenses.

MrRigger2

Unread postby serbii » October 28th, 2009, 8:57 pm

*grabs a kunai in each hand*
serbii

Unread postby Thozmp » October 28th, 2009, 11:00 pm

With another croak, the frog releases a spray of bubbles, as Kiren Blink-steps behind the ninja. The bubbles seem overly large, the smallest being the size of a fist, and the largest as big as the frog itself; said bubbles almost reach the nin, but don't quiet make it, they do, however seem to float in the air.

Seeing the failed attack, the golden amphibian rushes at Kenta, managing to travel through the bubbles without popping them.
Thozmp

Unread postby Random_fan » October 28th, 2009, 11:33 pm

"Why is it always me?"

Kenta proceeds to body-flicker to the other side of the bubbles and in one swift movement puts one kunai into his holster, use that hand to take out his summoning scroll from his backpack and then cut his hand with his remaining kunai.

A puff of smoke covers him from view and when it clears a couple of crows are surrounding him. He looks up to the birds and with all seriousness he says.

"No real time to explain what's going on. First things first, any of you guys seen these glyphs before, or have any idea what's up with the frog?" He turns to face the others, "All I have is Taijutsu and throwing weapons, and frankly I don't feel like finding out if that thing can be touched without bad stuff hapenning, I'll try and see if these guys can help us find out more about the glyphs, that thing shouldn't be difficult."
Random_fan

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 29th, 2009, 12:05 am

I quick summon a scroll and unfurl it smoothly, the script shining lightly with chakra. "Don't worry, I'll make sure nothing happens to you, Kiren-san. If things get nasty, I'll intervene, but I want to see what these kids can do, first."

MrRigger2

Unread postby Thozmp » October 29th, 2009, 12:29 pm

[Quick question: Is the body-flicker an actual teleportation, or is it just high-speed movement? This is relevent.]
Thozmp

Return to “%s” Mission Central