The unwanted Mission: Tiger and Dragon

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: The unwanted Mission: Tiger and Dragon

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2010, 5:28 pm

"And what guarantee do we have that once you're "guiding" him, you won't just decide to kill us all anyway." Itsuki's eyes light up then. "Kheldar, go with her. If she even twitches wrong... cook the bitch." He suddenly realizes exactly who he's saying this in front of. "With your permission of course Hokage-sama."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 28th, 2010, 5:39 pm

"As my brother sometimes tells me, 'I have bigger fish to fry'." She tries to strike a noble pose, but coughs and fails it completely.

"What the damned hell is a fish, anyway?"
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2010, 5:56 pm

"It's food. Now, I believe we needed a distraction..." He nips the tip of one finger and begins sealing, letting Kumiko go. "Urgit, help me out here. Chain summoning." The mongoose nods, even as his brother easily jumps from Itsuki's shoulder to Kumiko's, curling around her neck like a fur wrap, though his fur is fluffed with electricity and his teeth are in easy reach of her jugular.

As Itsuki completes the signs and slams his hand down onto the ground, Urgit blasts the summoning seal with lightning. As he does so, Hasaki appears in a puff of smoke with lightning of his own crackling around him, but the seal doesn't fade. Instead lines branch out to form more seals in concentric layers, each one bringing forth another mongoose, who add their own energy to the summoning, until 40 mongoose warriors have arrived. By now the air is crackling with ozone, and everyone's hair is standing on end once more. "My Lord," Itsuki addresses Hasaki, "I regret that I must call upon your clansmen like this, but it's an emergency. Kojira has gone berserk. We may be able to get him back under control, but we need to keep him occupied. Aim for his neck, according to our sources he's vulnerable there. Please try not to kill him, but do what you must to prevent civilian casualties." Hasaki nods sharply as he hears the roars and screams.

"Brethren, attend me!" With that they're off in a flash of light, each one copying their leader's transformation into a bolt of lighting and ascending the buildings to engage their target. Only Urgit and Kheldar remain behind.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 28th, 2010, 6:27 pm

Kumiko clenched her hands, before repeating the motion in puzzlement. She smiled to herself, watching the slowly quickening trace of grey sliver over her fingers.

"So long as Kojira doesn't counter-summon, your friend might have a decent chance." She mentioned off-handedly.

--

RELINQUISH MY SISTER!!

A building began to list dangerously over the street, the bottom floor missing a massive chunk of its supporting structure as a throbbing mass shaped itself into a hand and swept away the front. Wanderers were still funneling, bypassing civilians entirely as they searched through the windows and doors of Konoha while the main form continued its almost mindless rampage through the city.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2010, 6:36 pm

"Hasaki can handle himself. And considering that was the Council of Thunder that he took with him, I think Kojira's in more trouble than they are. Hokage-sama, your orders?" He's looking at Hanabi now, waiting on her permission to use Kumiko's plan, or propose a plan of her own.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » February 28th, 2010, 6:51 pm

"If I could see him for myself, find if there are any Godseals active..." Kumiko mused, "Bah. If he dies, he dies."
AntiNaba

Unread postby Phht » February 28th, 2010, 7:02 pm

The KMP forces were professionals, so it only took a moment after Kojira burst from the ground before they snapped into action. Sure, as far as they knew both Kuroda were accounted for elsewhere in the village, but this was a hidden village and such surprises were to be taken in stride. Regardless of where the Kuroda were supposed to be, standing orders village-wide were clear. They rapidly identified the direction the writhing darkness was heading, followed by clearing everyone they could out of its path. Unfortunately, they generally couldn't get it completely clear in time due to the speed Kojira was moving but continued evacuating behind his passage in case of collapsing buildings while those with some Doton training tried to shore up damaged buildings long enough for the area to empty.

Around the Hokage, the KMP officers were quickly working to clear a six block cordon area.

Back at the cordoned exit crater, a Public Security team arrived and began investigating the site.

[Poor KMP needs to see some action, even if it's nothing really useful. That Doton Kojira was using: translated name and/or rank (so I can add it to the jutsu listings)? And would it leave a tunnel or noticeable path behind the user? ]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby unknown10627 » February 28th, 2010, 7:22 pm

Geh. Okay, here I go!

Three shapes speed toward Nishiyori, and stop about a foot in front of him.

"Nishiyori-taichou, your orders?" The leading one, wearing a Wolverine mask sighs.

"Kuroda?" Weasel whines, "Seriously?"

"Hmph, annoying indeed," Polecat grunts. "Still. Orders?"
unknown10627

Unread postby serbii » February 28th, 2010, 10:55 pm

"That would have to be the most impressive sister complex I've ever seen." mutters Kagami as she and Kyoko run towards Kojira.
They stop about a block away.
"Distraction"
"Ooh! Kaijuu battle!"
"Bit short though."
"Probably a good thing"
"Yeah, it's less fun when it's your own village at stake"

Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu
Water mains from both sides of the street explode and a water dragon, roughly Kojira's current height forms in the middle of the street. The air around it shimmers and the dragon's head and hands freeze before water shifts over them again, essentially creating an ice skull and claws.
The girls take off to the forward left and forward right. The dragon charged forward and rams into Kojira.

[Huh, I'm finally going to fight above genin level... :?]
serbii

Unread postby spudman » February 28th, 2010, 10:57 pm

oog: just waiting for an answer on the Nara technique, then I should be able to post.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2010, 11:35 pm

As the water dragon charges, a field of what look like javelins of light launch upwards from a few blocks away, arc, and then descend in a screaming fury, all centered on the raging Kojira's neck.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » March 1st, 2010, 2:16 am

oog: Bah, for now I'll just go with the idea that Kojira's general warnings during his career (such as healing chakra or yamanaka techniques=bad) included the Nara techniques. Assuming it was mentioned that the Nara techniques don't work, anyway (not even sure on that)...

ig:

Hanabi looks over Kumiko, and deciding she's not the type for suicidal assaults gives the order. "Let her try. Tsukiko, accompany her." The Hokage and the ANBU around her move to corral Kojira and dispel stray wanderers.

Tsukiko nods. "Do you need help moving?" she asks Kumiko. If so she'll grab the girl and jump to the roofs to get into a position where they can approach Kojira's back. She readies a few particular tags in a pocket inside her coat in case she needs them.

"Kumiko-san, that attitude is unacceptable. We will end this peacefully and keep Kojira-san alive." Tsukiko says with conviction.

Otherwise I’ll jyuken you into *#$%ing oblivion.

---------------

Nishiyori looks to the three ANBU, then the others making their strike.

Seems they have a plan already...

"KMP's on crowd control..." he mutters half to himself. He turns back to the ANBU.

"Provide cover for those engaging now."

"Wolverine, drain as best you can."

"Polecat, use genjutsu to cover those attacking, including the summons. Make them harder to hit, but we don't need him getting confused and going on a completely random rampage, understand?"

"Weasel, no shadow techniques, stick with tags. Arc and endochakra might work; try to take it easy on the explosives."

"Get to it."

oog: I will add Nishiyori’s actions later, but it will probably fall under cover/distraction or assist for now, nothing substantial. As for the shadow thing...if I am wrong, and that was never said, then I will fix it so Nishiyori does not mention that.

Tsukiko thought-cussed! :shock:
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 1st, 2010, 3:57 am

Itsuki is close on the tails of the Council of Thunder. Landing on the street a good distance away, he sees the water dragon, and grins. "Urgit, keep me stable. We don't need this blowing up in the middle of the village, there was enough damage when we did it in the training grounds." He begins a long string of hand-seals, as Urgit begins to glow with lightning chakra. Finishing the seals, he slams his hands down and begins to channel both fire and earth chakra into the ground.

"Ninpo: Ganshouryudan no Jutsu!" (Secret Arts: Magma Dragon Technique)

The tunnel Kojira had emerged from suddenly belches flames twenty feet high, before a flaming, clawed hand reaches up and pulls out a gigantic, squat dragon, composed entirely of molten rock. The dragon roars again, blasting Kojira's back with blistering flame and gobbets of molten earth. Its upper skull appears to be made of hardened magma, its eyes glowing white openings. Its fangs are obsidian daggers, and is claws are composed of the same material. The rest of its body oozes somewhat, but maintains its shape, only the maw dripping magma onto the ground. Even as Itsuki concentrates on maintaining a steady and even flow of fire and earth chakra (with Urgit using his lighting nature chakra to keep the earth chakra regulated) he can't help but give a tight grin.

"Let's get ready to Rumble!"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 1st, 2010, 4:57 am

Kojira watched as the Dragon formed, noting the lightning-taste of the air changing. It grinned, malicious and proud as it solidified and charged.

Fool.

It help its arms back, a massive wave of darkness grew out of his back to engorge and distort them, swinging them around and together to smash into the Dragon's head, scarring the street with icy shrapnel as the wanderers turned to view the new threat. As a second Dragon emerged, formed of flowing rock and fire, Kojira slammed his left hand to the ground, seals bursting on the exoskin that his wanderers had made.

Doton: Doro Hoshi!

Mud, thick and blossoming from the stolen water left from the Seiruydan countered the magma wave in a massive rush, pushed and circulated by the wanderers in the jutsu as the stream of fire threatened to dry the jutsu. Mist flew off the collision in a great torrent, masking Kojira's shadowy form. Within this maskign presence, the form seemed to wither and fade, until only a normal-sized man remained.

Now we fight in my environment.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 1st, 2010, 5:12 am

Itsuki grunted as he felt his jutsu threatening to come apart, feeding more fire chakra into it. The Magma dragon paused for a moment, movement's becoming sluggish, before a wave of heat pulsed off of it and it roared, whipping it's tail to slam at when its opponent had last been. And as it did so, the Council of Thunder launched themselves from where they'd shunshined to when they'd felt the blast of fire that had nearly consumed them. Hasaki smiled as he saw the field of mud and dirt.

"So the child wishes to play in the mud does he?" The Council had ringed the perimeter of the muddy area by now. As one they roared out "Raiton: Tenmou!" (Lighting Style: Heaven's Net)

A bolt of lighting erupted from each of the Council, crisscrossing the area and dragging through the mound of dirt and mud as the bolts linked into a net of energy. As one they began to circle the netted area at high speed, first clockwise, then counter-clockwise, sometimes pausing and then continuing in the same direction, or pausing and backtracking randomly.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 1st, 2010, 5:28 am

The mist buzzed with electricity, the shriek of wanderers burning and disconnecting within the circle sounded out like a tortured church. As the lightning began to ebb, the superheated steam erupted from the containing shell in a great plume, leaving only the baked mud and scorched earth behind. Within the centre of the pile was a single, solitary stone pillar, one of the pieces broken away before in Kojira's rampage, stuck halfway in the crust, having settled before the jutsu struck.

On the roof of a nearby building, Kojira's shade completed the necessary seals and vanished as the technique took place. The last thing that swirled out of sight was the light glinted off his teeth, cold and white.

The air grew cold, figures rose from the ground, vaguely humanoid and diverse in their dangers. Some sprouted spikes, others long and vicious claws, other with a maw so great they could devour a table. They all shared the same feature in one regard: Cold, grey eyes peeked out of blueish-black skulls.

He knew Itsuki would tell of this technique. But it was one thing to know of Magirawashiikibou, and another entirely to fight the demons within it.
AntiNaba

Unread postby spudman » March 8th, 2010, 7:50 am

Nishiyori's hand stayed the ANBU's actions, keeping them out of range of the large effect techniques being tossed around. He frowns.

"It's best we stay at a distance if those summons try to lightning everything again. Still, we'll close if we have to."

"He must be using the Magirawashiikibou. Widespread genjutsu..."

"Stick with the kikai Wolverine, see if they can drain and dispel the ambient chakra of the illusion or the wanderers. Polecat, tell me what you see right now."

-----------------

Kumiko not responding, Tsukiko narrows her eyes at the girl before shrugging and lifting her up, her bloodline activated to distinguish Kojira's position.

If the following actions wern't taken before:
Upon lifting the Kuroda heir to her side, Tsukiko jumps to the roofs to get into a position where they can approach Kojira's back. She readies a few particular tags in a pocket inside her coat in case she needs them.

"Kumiko-san, that attitude is unacceptable. We will end this peacefully and keep Kojira-san alive." Tsukiko says with conviction.

Otherwise I’ll jyuken you into *#$%ing oblivion.
Then they are now. (oog: but if it is considered that she did say those things, just not the movement...then she won't repeat herself).
spudman

Unread postby unknown10627 » March 10th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Polecat inspects the field carefully. "It's a fairly faint genjutsu, the only real things in their are the 'Wanderers' was it? Their chakra flow is quite sluggish, and their coloring is odd. The most concerning thing is...there seems to be a massive seal under the affected area.

The caster is over there," Polecat points toward a roof a block or so away.

Weasel shifts his weight impatiently.

Badger clears his throat, "Taichou, is the caster or the jutsu our target?"

"Are we to use lethal force?" Polecat inquires quietly, almost hesitantly.

(Badger hasn't dispatched Kikai yet, since he wants to know if he's still supposed to target the seal or if he's to attack Kojira)
unknown10627

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 10th, 2010, 6:19 pm

Itsuki subvocalizes a growl as he sees the jutsu take place. "Urgit, get to your Uncle, have them pulse the place multiple times, then dispel. I'll take care of the rest." Urgit nods and flashes away in a bolt of lightning. A few scant moments later, waves of electricity begin to surge through the area, crawling over every surface within the area of the genjutsu. Following that are a series of sharp cracks, like miniature thunderclaps as the Council disperses. Itsuki grits his teeth as he struggles to maintain the flow on his own, until there are no more dispels audible from the area. Focusing, he sends a single large pulse of earth chakra down the link, followed a few seconds later by an even larger pulse of fire chakra, before he cut the link.

In response to the pulses, the magma Dragon suddenly ballooned in size, its earthen shell losing most of its heat even as it contorted into a giant dome of earth that covered the area the Wanderers were roaming. A second later, a muted explosion rocked the village, as plumes of fire vented from the top and upper sides of the dome. There was a moment of silence, and then the entire thing shattered like an over-fired pot in a kiln, falling in a rain of jagged terracotta. Itsuki pushed himself up, popped a soldier pill, and then set in the direction that his Dragon had seen Kojira disappearing to before he'd self-destructed it.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 10th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Kumiko shrugged her arm, obstensiously checking for further damage. The movement slid a needle under her hand, point pressing against the tip of her palm.

There goes our hope of getting in and out with stealth. But perhaps this isn't so bad.

She closed her eyes, trying to draw pon the status of her brother. She could see his outline, humanoid and human-sized.

He isn't berserk. He's thinking his way through this. He's currently holding the attention of most of the troops, leaving me here by myse-

She hid a grin. Enforced method acting, Koji? You bastard, so this is why you told me to discharge. Or was it? Did you know I would short myself out when I didn't? I was so sure, so sure that I was helpless, that even I was certain of my inability to harm.

She glanced at the escort to her right, readying the needle, ring finger brushing against the side of the cold metal.

Everyone's focused on you, Koji. I have enough power, now, to make a break for it. If we're lucky, you can claim this was my plan. If we're not, well, we had a slim chance of success to begin with.

Just a little longer. Just a little longer.

--

Closer, closer... Kojira breathed heavily, dropping the clones and readying the second wave of jutsu. He grimaced at the cries of so many wanderers, too far away to reform in his body, and too rudementary to survive the explosions.

Just a little further... He thought to himself. He didn't know who was coming, but chances were a Hyuuga would have picked up his chakra signature. The furthest he could do was cause as much collateral damage as was possible, and could be a difficulty in itself.

He released a scroll, from its cloth gushed a massive plume of water that began to quickly fountain in the air, almost a geyser in size. Retaining his wanderers, Kojira began to consider the more lethal aspects of his jutsu.

Death by crushing is never pleasant.

He focused on the first shadow to aim itself towards him. He flashed the seals, felt control of the immense quantity of water, felt the wanderers in his skin burst over his body in a coat of ichor.

Suiton: Basuishoha.

The water rose in height behind him, a wall of liquid poised to come crashing down on the apartment that he stood upon. He stepped into the rising mass as it descended, once again obsuring him from sight.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 10th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Itsuki homed in on the geyser of water, even as he snarled wordlessly, already sealing. "KATON: KARYUUENDAN!!!" The blistering dragon was almost incandescent white as he pumped more chakra than average into it, sending it spiraling through the air to nullify the wall of water. And cook anything inside it.

---

Draped around Kumiko's neck, Kheldar felt the woman's muscles twitch slightly. From the angle he was at, he saw something glint for a split second in her hand as she moved her fingers. But she hadn't made a move yet. 'A weapon for her fight with Kojira?' he wondered to himself. He would wait. For now.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 10th, 2010, 8:45 pm

YES.

Kojira's effigy laughed as the second scroll popped from its holder in his jacket, opening and releasing into the centre of the wall of water. More seals, blurring as the knuckles slid past each other and making a damp slap with the finish.

Foolish ninja. Work with what's already there, or you'll just tire yourself out. He felt uneasy, however. His memory was faulty when he augmented, but the sound of that incoming jutsu was familiar. No matter.

The wall bulged in the centre, fed by the second scroll until the entire mass was nearly spherical. Kojira rushed into the wall, hands outstretched and glowing with chakra.

Ougi: Kurodakujira.

An enormous whale emerged from the wall, formed of the white-waters as the rest of the wall fell, crushing in rooftops and sweeping away anyone foolish enough to still be on the streets below. It slammed into the magma dragon, a cry so loud the stone shuddered underneath it broke through, the front of the creature quickly evaporating with the heat of the exchange.

Mist boiled off the technique, rushing through the village like the heaviest smoke.

--

Another minute. Another minute. Kumiko thought to herself. That she could recall the weapons in her augments were a start, but endured running was still a little beyond her. It would be perhaps another ten minutes before she could work at full capacity.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 10th, 2010, 8:50 pm

Itsuki's eyes narrowed even as he kept up a circular breathing pattern to feed the flames of the technique. Pumping more chakra into it as he braced himself against the backlash, scalding steam searing at the exposed portions of his face where the rush of flame didn't drive it back. The white flames were now tinged blue at the edges, even as the center glowed with incandescence. The dragon kept on plowing through the liquid, reinvigorated by its users chakra, the crackling roar of the flames seeming to contain a bugling note of challenge.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 10th, 2010, 8:59 pm

The whale faltered, succumbing to gravity with a slow, almost mournful crash into the homes below it. A single black figure leapt from a spout as it descended, bounding towards the south and towards his sister. He twisted in the air, fingers together in the boar seal, a pair of scrolls attached to his hip and waving in the slipstream.

Upside down, the figure clad in shadow drew a stream of water towards him, curving his flight towards the ground as it molded around him in another sphere. From there, he landed on another roof and began to mold another jutsu, seals once more blurring into each other.
AntiNaba

Unread postby serbii » March 10th, 2010, 9:57 pm

[Blah, I keep going to post then I keep forgetting]
The tip of a tonfa is pressed into the sphere.
Hōryū Raika no Jutsu
(Discharge Lightning Calamity Technique)
Raiton chakra is discharged into the water.
serbii

Return to “%s” Mission Central