AU: Return to Sodegaura

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: AU: Return to Sodegaura

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 28th, 2010, 12:26 am

Itsuki smirks back and answers in a similarly joking tone. "Please, you'll cry yourself to sleep tonight knowing that you'll never look half this awesome."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » April 28th, 2010, 1:19 am

"Well yeah, but they'll be tears of joy."
Random_fan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 28th, 2010, 1:34 am

Itsuki rolls his eyes as he slides his shades back up, then turns to Nishiyori. "This pass muster boss?"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » April 28th, 2010, 10:41 pm

Nishiyori gives the outfit a critical eye, but there's no sign of blanket disapproval. "Tie is optional, but it should be black if you wear one. For the shirt you're better off with a white or a shade close to it. The whole thing works for you as an individual but in this case you're not an individual, understand? Like I said, a little variety between us is fine but not too much, mainly variations in cut for comfort and different body types."
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 28th, 2010, 11:06 pm

Itsuki nods. "Be back in two shakes then, I've got all of that back in my apartment."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » May 1st, 2010, 2:46 pm

*Okay guys, no more of this. You are going to stretch this mission out needlessly with your shenanigans, and I don't have the attention span for it. Cut out all of your little time/post consuming things that do nothing but slow everything down, or I'm gonna give up and just shut the mission down. Understood?*

"Since he'll be back promptly, I propose we leave," Aoi says. "He's a smart boy, he'll catch up."
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » May 1st, 2010, 11:07 pm

oog: Aww, I thought our shenanigans were cheeky and fun.

"That's a little cold, Akita..." Nishiyori says with a touch of amusement, but then cocks his head and looks to have an internal debate. "But if you all have your suits, then I guess we can move out. I'll fetch Takuma." he says as he walks out, before pausing and turning back and tossing a map to Daisuke. "Aburame, lead the rest of the team out. You're in charge until we catch up, but it won't be long anyway." With that, he vanishes.

oog: feel free to gloss over the bit of Nishi catching up etc. and just assume the two catch up with the rest of the team a bit down the road (or forest or whatever...) , ewuvi. I'm not trying to slow things down further, really, but leaving someone hanging like that doesn't sit right. So like I said, no need to actually go over it.
spudman

Unread postby ewuvi » May 2nd, 2010, 10:57 am

oog: I'm sorry to have to rush you, but I'm about to be in Testing Hell for the next month or two, at least, it seems. That I'm even able to get to the boards at all is a minor miracle right now. Also, I don't want to take months to get one Game Day done. Because that's a bit ridiculous and we did it last Sodegaura mission.
ewuvi

Unread postby ewuvi » May 6th, 2010, 5:01 pm

Kay guys, it's been four days, and while I do feel bad about double posting, I need to make this topic go all orange and new-posty for you.

The group has progressed steadily, and the light is beginning to fade from the sky. The travel to Sodegaura typically takes two-three days, so you'll need to rest at least once, or go in exhausted.

"I think this is about as good a place as any to stop for the night, don't you think, Nishi-sempai?" Aoi inquires quietly so that her comment can be ignored if Nishiyori doesn't wish to respond.
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » May 8th, 2010, 3:34 am

"It is a good spot." Nishiyori agrees. He indicates at the other three ANBU on this mission. "Scout two hundred yards around us. The rest of us will set up camp."

Once it's established that the area is clear and they are settled in Nishiyori will take some time to go over their cover identies, including their names. The general idea for the time being is that they're a small freelance group, but the professional look indicates to others they could be acting as their own organization or working on a major family's behalf. Either way, Nishiyori being the oldest one present will act as oyabun of their little group. As for their Irezumi, they won't be getting a lot since they are a bit young to have actually earned much. Regardless, it will still rather painful using the Ink Transfer and Ink Implant techniques, but then again it always is. He produces a scroll with different designs on it.

oog: meh...I'm not preventing anyone from adding anything, just wanted to get all this out there, establish that it will be done.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 8th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Itsuki volunteers to go first. "So Boss, can I get a tiger or something? I'm pretty sure dragons are reserved for higher-ups, right?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown10627 » May 8th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Daisuke nods his head, his eyes obscured by heavy, dark ski goggles. (He had these on all along, I just forgot to mention). Kisuke removes his glasses and activates his sharingan. The three disperse to investigate the area.
unknown10627

Unread postby ewuvi » May 9th, 2010, 3:23 pm

"Nishi-sempai...I can help, with the pain at least, I think. If you don't think it'll mess up the jutsu?" Aoi inquires.
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » May 11th, 2010, 4:47 am

"It won't." Nishiyori answers Akita, and then replies to Itsuki "You can have tigers or other designs on your arms if you want, Takuma, but we need a common design for our little group, and I think I have just the one." He reveals a part of the scroll with designs of large catfish. They appear rather large, vicious, and are shaking about in a threatening manner. Nishiyori also shows some flower designs.

"The Namazu is a legendary catfish that dwells beneath the earth and its movement causes earthquakes, or in some stories shaking up society in bad or good ways."

The family symbol Nishiyori describes will be a large catfish with edelweiss blossoms being featured prominently to symbolize courage and power. An earth-shaking force of courage and power.

'A good symbol is one that's still open to some interpretation depending on who you might be explaining it to.'

Since Nishiyori is the oyabun, he has to go with a traditional body suit for himself, covering the arms, back, upper legs and chest, but leaving an untattooed space down the center of the body (oog: ripped from wiki on irezumi). The family symbol will be the main feature on his back with a greater variety of designs making up the rest.

Making a few handsigns and putting his hand to writing or a pattern on a scroll lifts the ink directly from them. This is part of the Ink Transfer technique, the other half is placing what was on the scroll somewhere else. However, in this case the somewhere else is beneath your skin or someone else's. The control during the process in such cases is different enough that it is considered a separate technique: the Ink Implant jutsu.

Since Itsuki volunteered, Nishiyori will place the irezumi on him first.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 11th, 2010, 1:17 pm

"Alright then, I'm assuming you need to be able to see the skin you're working with." Itsuki begins to unbutton his suit jacket. "And I'd prefer not to have any pain dampening jutsu." At seeing Nishiyori and Aoi giveing him looks, he shakes his head. "No, I'm not just being macho. It has to dol with my summons; they've got standards for their summoner regarding certain things. They're very big on being physically and mentally tough, so if I were to accept the jutsu for something as mild as a tatoo application jutsu, they would respect me less, and be less likely to answer my summons. And yes, they would hear about it, somehow."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » May 11th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Nishiyori stares down Itsuki for what sounds like more macho nonsense to him, "I'm not talking about the kind of pain from applying a tattoo with modern methods. Irezumi are done the traditional way with old-fashioned tools. So when I say the Ink Implant jutsu hurts more than THAT and all at once, understand there's nothing mild about it. If it has to be an order then it is, but you'll let Akita do her job. If your summons have a problem with that, have them talk to me." the jounin says, with no room for argument, but he eases up as he moves on to another point.

"I don't need to see every inch of skin to guide the ink there, otherwise I couldn't perform this jutsu on myself very well. I just need a place to start and the ink can move from there."

With the ink still "over" Nishiyori's arm he'll place a hand on Itsuki's shoulder or the back of his neck once Akita is ready with her own technique. At that point the Ink Implant jutsu will begin, the ink traveling through Ituski's skin until it settles where it is supposed to in the pattern it was in on the scroll.

oog: we don't need to go through all this for everyone, do we? Everyone is going to get the family symbol, at least.
Last edited by spudman on May 12th, 2010, 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
spudman

Unread postby Random_fan » May 12th, 2010, 12:14 am

I think we can just skip to after everyone's had there tattoo put on, unless Tempest wants to reply.
Random_fan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 12th, 2010, 1:42 am

OOG: No, I'm good.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown10627 » May 12th, 2010, 9:36 am

Sounds good to me. Assume that the three are back in camp and found nothing out of the ordinary. (Unless they did, but ewuvi would tell us, right?)
unknown10627

Unread postby ewuvi » May 12th, 2010, 4:38 pm

I'm fine with skipping. And no, there is nothing out of the ordinary with the area.

Soooo, post-tattoo applying conversation anyone?
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » May 12th, 2010, 7:34 pm

The irezumi are applied to everyone without incident, assuming the young men in the group have enough common sense to give Aoi adequate space while the tattoos are applied to her. Nishiyori's irezumi do take a little longer though, considering he's getting the full body suit.

"Alright then, we're now the Namazu-kai (Catfish Association). My name is Nozomu Katsumaru, but you'll all call me Boss. Figure out your names and use them from now on. As for how to act as a yakuza, use the ones in movies as an example to start with."

'Sometimes art imitates life and sometimes life imitates art. With the Yakuza it's a case of both. Younger members are influenced by movies but what you see in the movies are often inspired by actual yakuza traditions and behavior. This is partly because if a director takes the wrong kind of "creative liberty" they may end up with an up-close and personal education on what the real Yakuza do.'

oog: Nishi's name is borrowed from a couple leaders of actual (smaller) yakuza gangs.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 12th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Itsuki rolls his shoulders for a moment, before smiling. "Shuuto Tenchi. I'll also answer to "Monk" as a nickname." He leaves his suit jacket slightly unbuttoned, and takes out a small coin, flipping it every now and then.

OOG: His name literally means "Soldier-monk of Heaven and Earth."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » May 16th, 2010, 2:45 am

"Catchy." Nishiyori says (oog: even I'm not sure if Nishi is being sarcastic or not...). "While the rest of you think of your names, I'll be giving you all a crash course in yakuza structure and culture. First, remember that the structure of a yakuza group is of oyabun and the kobun, a foster family." The lesson of yakuza basics continues alongside dinner.

oog: I know Nishi said refer to him as "Boss" in the last post, but consider that interchangeable with oyabun. Whatever you feel like writing.

Everyone else just come up with their names and then I think we'll assign watch/wrap it up for the night unless there's something else. As for yakuza basics...see wikipedia.
spudman

Unread postby ewuvi » May 16th, 2010, 11:34 am

"Mmmmm," Aoi thinks for a moment. "Chie, maybe?"
ewuvi

Unread postby unknown10627 » May 16th, 2010, 8:42 pm

"Shin," Daisuke grunts.

"Kyo," Kisuke adds.

"Haru," Sosuke sighs.
unknown10627

Return to “%s” Mission Central