OVA: Tora Trouble

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: OVA: Tora Trouble

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 18th, 2010, 12:32 am

A cascade of yowls erupts, as several Cat summons appear chasing their enemies, Ripsaw leading the charge. "Not on MY WATCH! HIGHWIND DRAGON DIVE!" He explodes into a stream of Wind-Chakra that forms into a serpentine dragon, aimed directly at the Mega-Tora.

Nanaki launches himself not a second behind, glowing with Earth chakra once more. "COSMO MEMORY!" Several other attacks of other elements originate from other Cat summons.

"CHAOS BREAK!" A huge demonic lion of flame charges the oversized Tora, a ragged-coated red cat suspended within.

"CATASTROPHE!" A coal black Tom missing one leg braces himself on his good legs, firing a wide stream of super-pressurized water.

"OMNISLASH!" A final cat leaps up and begins to claw the air furiously, each strike producing crescents of electrical energy that strikes the demon-cat.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » September 18th, 2010, 1:29 am

oog: you leave for a couple of hours, and all of a sudden you've got a giant cat about to destroy your town. Fridays. :panic:

ig: Well, I can honestly say I didn't see that coming.

Toshizo took the split second given to him to think about how he could contribute most effectively to the situation. He came up with one solution: Take the two techniques he'd been working on the past two weeks, combine them, and then ramp it up about 40 or 50 times. On the one hand, the chances of survival were, well, uncomfortable. On the other hand, It would be completely awesome. Aww, to hell with it.

He pulled a kunai and cut off his ponytail at the base. Funnelling as much chakra as he could manage, he grew the hair into a massive, interweaving net. Then, rather than natural chakra, he began adding in modified earth element chakra.

"Ninpo: Kami Mou A-su!"

With all his remaining strength, he slammed the massive net down onto the monstous feline with enough power to demolish a large building, while the ending tendrils of the net began weaving into the earth, racheting the cat to the ground.

"GO, throw everything you've got at it!"
He'll hold that until it's dead or 10 seconds, whichever comes first.
bookworm702

Unread postby spudman » September 18th, 2010, 2:43 am

oog: I'd like to see everyone getting in on this. Boss fight people, comon!
spudman

Unread postby Random_fan » September 18th, 2010, 4:20 am

Kenta looks at the giant cat, annoyed he hasn't had enough training to learn any big moves from his family. He runs over to the cat forming hand signs and molding chakra as he goes, when he gets in range he fires off several electrical blasts from his hands at the cat, the attacks aren't very strong, the cat's probably barely affected by them and he's only able to fire off five before running low on chakra but they're the best he can manage.
Random_fan

Unread postby serbii » September 18th, 2010, 5:02 am

Ushio, being a genin facing a giant demonic cat, decided to fall back to her default plan.
Tag spam.
And so it was lovingly tied bundles of pretty much every tag she could get her hands on soared towards the giant target attached to various pointy things.

Hotaru, being pretty much useless against non-humans, joins in with explosive tags on kunais.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 19th, 2010, 6:44 pm

Ichigo quicker gulps down a soldier pill as he quickly cycles through the summoning technique. Fortunately more of the cat summons were quite willing to help out.

He continues closer as grimaces as he is out of soldier pills. "Well, at least I have a few exploding tags." Grabbing the few he has, he takes aim and joins the other two in lobbing them.

(this is what happens when I forget to bring internet cord with me for two days)
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby MEKristian » September 19th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Aoko only stands protectively in front of Lady Shuzuri due to the lack of ability to fight non-human targets.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » September 19th, 2010, 10:26 pm

The mega-Tora is pressed against the ground by the giant net, and the beast shakes against it even as it is riddled with explosive attacks. The demon swallows the energy it was gathering before it disappears. The smoke clears and the giant cat looks bruised and burnt from the attacks.

As ANBU approach the scene the beast takes notice. It closes its eyes in concentration and releases a heavy wave of energy from itself that snaps the binds of the net and knocks the ninja back as it travels out. However, the wave halts as it covers the block and forms a dome barrier around the area. The summons and ninja already involved in the fight (you guys) are within the barrier as well.

"You'll all die, but first I'm going to eat that cat and his human myself!" the mega-Tora pads over to the group and reaches down into the alley with a paw directly for the small dome of earth that contains Shuzuri and the true Tora.

oog: Find a weak point! You guys don't have a fairy to help so you gotta figure it out!

EDIT: Above is edited.
Last edited by spudman on September 19th, 2010, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spudman

Unread postby bookworm702 » September 19th, 2010, 10:29 pm

Well...Damn.

"Huh, I was...kinda hoping for...more."

And Toshizo hits the ground with a soft *whump*.
bookworm702

Unread postby spudman » September 19th, 2010, 10:34 pm

oog: rereads...aw dammit. Hold on kiddies.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » September 19th, 2010, 10:37 pm

[Quick, do a barrel roll! :secret_laugh: ]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » September 19th, 2010, 10:39 pm

oog: you shutup!
spudman

Unread postby spudman » September 19th, 2010, 10:50 pm

NOT ONE WORD. FROM ANY OF YOU. :grindaxe Bookworm, sorry about that. Your attack was successful in that the damage inflicted was worse but not too much deviation. You don't have to be out of the fight entirely, though. At least not yet.
spudman

Unread postby bookworm702 » September 19th, 2010, 10:59 pm

No, although he's been working on his reserves, they still aren't all that great. Furthermore, he was pretty worn out from training, and just pulled off a move that was about an order of magnitude or two larger than anything he's ever pulled before. He's gonna be taking a nap for a while, maybe a lot longer than he was hoping for.
bookworm702

Unread postby Random_fan » September 20th, 2010, 2:20 am

Kenta pops a soldier pill while trying to work out a likely weak point on a giant cat, while doing this he grabs thre of his kunai's with exploding tags and throws them at the cat's paw, hoping it'll buy him some time to think.
Random_fan

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 21st, 2010, 7:58 pm

"I guess I better give it some heartburn then." He takes aim with two more exploding tags, and when the demon beast opens its mouth, he'll toss them inside. Hopefully it doesn't make too much of a mess.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » September 22nd, 2010, 4:41 am

Attack its weak point for massive damage!

Does this one have a paw print mark too?
Go for the eyes I guess.
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 22nd, 2010, 4:04 pm

The cat summons are doing their best pirahna swarm impression, focusing on the beast's eyes, ears and nose in an attempt to cut off it's main senses even as they distract it from its intended victims.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » September 22nd, 2010, 10:06 pm

Mega-Tora howls in pain from the attack, pulling its paw away from Shuzuri to guard its face. The cat steps back into the once busy street, somehow managing to avoid the various carts despite being injured. It sits back on its hind legs and rubs its face. The ninja can see there is something different about its belly than the feral Toras seen before. There is not a paw print mark like on the real Tora, but a bright violet light can now be seen coming from inside the center of the demon's belly.

Anyone that has been spamming explosive tags is running low on them. They're not out yet, but they will be soon.

oog: Simpler techniques (besides tags) can work wonders. There might be something around that can be helpful...but I'm not sure if there would be any telephone poles.
Last edited by spudman on September 22nd, 2010, 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 22nd, 2010, 10:10 pm

OOG: According to the Naruto Video Game (the first one that came out), they do, and there's a few shots of telephone poles in the manga and anime I think. Hinata seems to hide behind enough of them anyway.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » September 22nd, 2010, 10:13 pm

oog: yes, I definitely remember telephone poles. Also, I didn't get trampled, did I?
bookworm702

Unread postby MEKristian » September 22nd, 2010, 10:14 pm

The man watches the battle from a few rooftops away, hidden under a veil of wind.

"Should I jump in or not...?" He asks himself, "On the one hand, Ushio's team is down there, and I don't really wanna let them die. On the other hand, anything I could throw-out against a target THAT big would cause enough collateral for that Old Firework to despise me for months.... well, more than she already does. Argh, why must this decision be so hard!?"
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » September 22nd, 2010, 10:15 pm

oog: Then there are some (thanks Tempy!). Mega-Tora has avoided stumbling into them as well as anything else in the street so far, though.

No, Toshizo has not been squashed. But if he was, it would probably just be for comedic effect and not the lethal kind.
spudman

Unread postby Random_fan » September 23rd, 2010, 10:23 am

oog: Simpler techniques (besides tags) can work wonders. There might be something around that can be helpful...but I'm not sure if there would be any telephone poles.
oog: Which would be less annoying if Kenta knew any simpler techniques that could in way be used for combat.

ig: Kenta continues spamming explosive tags this time at the cats stomach, and when they run out he lets out a couple of electrical blasts.
Random_fan

Unread postby serbii » September 24th, 2010, 7:23 am

Mmm, if we can get a wire on a kunai up there and run it to a power line...
How high is it? Throwing distance? Ah screw it, I'll write it anyway and you can tell me if it's impossible.

Ushio rushes up a power pole and connects a spool of wire to a kunai swings it around and launches it at the cat's chest. Assuming it didn't miss horribly she attaches another kunai to the other end and throws it into the transistor coil while launching herself off the pole.
serbii

Return to “%s” Mission Central