Arcane Measures - In Search of The Judgement

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Arcane Measures - In Search of The Judgement

Unread postby spudman » September 21st, 2011, 10:31 pm

The toad sighs. "I'll signal Lady Tsukiko." He gives out a few croaks loudly enough to get Tsukiko's attention and lifts his shakujo in a 'come here' gesture. Apparently she understands because she moves back toward them.

"You have a plan, Shiki-san?"
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » September 24th, 2011, 2:50 pm

"For given definition of a plan... if we can put enough of a "dent" into her armour, I think I can take her out."
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 24th, 2011, 5:47 pm

The hail of kunai and shuriken from Itsuki falters and then ends as the Special Jounin frantically checks himself. "Out!" He declares, and then begins to grab rocks from the ground, throwing them instead.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » September 24th, 2011, 6:17 pm

"No. No. Hm? No. No. N- wait a second, what's it doing in this pouch? Did I pack it while drunk?" He sticks the tag in his vest before sealing away the pouch and putting his bag back on. Seeing that he's alone, he looks around, spotting Itsuki throwing rocks, and moves over to him. He pulls out a kunai that he sticks in the ground before starting to put together the array of tags. "Feel free to empty my leg pouch for kunai or shuriken. Just leave the kunai in the ground for me."

[He probably should have at least around half to three-fourths a standard load-out of kunai/shuriken still. He hasn't been tossing much so far IIRC.

Main tag in the group is the S-rank drain, that's fed the activation chakra by an A-rank drain, which itself is fed activation chakra by a timer tag.

Amusing note: was using the RP wiki tag entry while writing the post, and the last edit on it was 666 days ago on 26 Nov 2009.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 24th, 2011, 6:45 pm

"Thanks." Itsuki divests his friend's pouch of its contents in a moment, holding the kunai in his off hand as he throws with his main hand. As Konohamaru-sensei always said , "only Idiots and Tenten-san throw kunai double-handed. And only Tenten-san can make it work."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » September 24th, 2011, 11:33 pm

oog: Six, Six, Six! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!

I will always quote Iron Maiden when that number is mentioned. :XD:

ig:

"Ah, very well then."

Knowing she probably would not be able to get in melee range with the Judgement until after Higure's tags went off, Tsukiko instead opts to hit her enemy with a couple well-placed long range lightning bullets (senri raiton tama) to the face.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » September 25th, 2011, 12:19 am

The Judgment continues to advance, unaffected by the thrown weapons and lightning blasts.

"Right, just run off and don't ask the expert on possible theories or even how I'm doing, see if I care..." Shiki grumbles, reacting into the air and removing a strange cylindrical-shaped sword with strange read lines running down it, "Turn one of those chakra drains into piercing force; if you can do that much, the armour will be weakened enough for Ea to finish this."
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » September 25th, 2011, 2:39 am

oog: actually, Tsukiko is still right next to Shiki.

I'll post more after thinking a bit on just how to change the way a tag will work.

ig:

Tsukiko smiles innocently. "You usually complain if asked more than one question, Shiki-san."
spudman

Unread postby Random_fan » September 27th, 2011, 6:56 pm

OOG: I'm going to be away for about two weeks so just put Rika on autopilot.
Random_fan

Unread postby spudman » September 29th, 2011, 8:51 pm

Tsukiko smiles innocently. "You usually complain if asked more than one question, Shiki-san."
Her lips pout in thought and then she frowns. "I can try Shiki-san, though Itsuki-san will have the best chance to make it work. Unless you know more about fuinjutsu than you let on."
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » September 29th, 2011, 9:03 pm

"I know the theory, I'm just not good at actually preforming seal work," Shiki grumbles, swinging his strange weapon a few times before the wind slightly picks up, "reduce the range of the tag but keep the power the same. That should make the effect eat through the chakra in the affected area like one of those Rasen-whatevers."
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » September 29th, 2011, 9:14 pm

"Yes, application is the difficulty. But maybe..." A silly grin forms on her face and Tsukiko giggles, a little maniacally.

"Be ready, Shiki-san. Gamanegai will help if you need it."

She jumps away and back towards the others.

"Higure-san, I need an S-rank endochakra tag. Itsuki-san, you and I will modify it."

She'll explain the changes that need to be made and include her own input on how to do so once the tag is provided.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » September 30th, 2011, 2:29 am

Higure blinks at her, then hands over the s-rank tag. "I guess it's good that I didn't get to attaching it to the others yet...."

Not wanting to waste the rest of the set, he attaches a B-rank hyouton tag followed by a D-rank thermite tag, rolls the group up and attaches it to the kunai he saved. Priming the timer tag for three seconds, he throws the kunai at the Judgment.

[I hope Tsukiko has her own kunai to use....

Okay, timer tag dumps its chakra to an A-rank drain tag after 3 seconds, activating it. The chakra drained is then funneled to a hyouton tag that leeches heat out of the immediate surrounding area (probably not more than 2m radius given their original purpose). The heat is converted to chakra, which is then sent to the thermite tag once the hyouton tag is done. And then, well, thermite tag is named after thermite for a reason, and the D-rank is probably equal to the C-rank security in radius (2m). :D ]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » October 1st, 2011, 11:34 pm

Yes, Tsukiko does indeed have kunai. Not as many as most ninja carry, but still.

While Rika and Higure keep the Judgement occupied, Tsukiko and Itsuki work on the tag. Between the two, they'll be able to reduce the range of the endochakra tag to a size that is about twice the size of a rasengan without reducing the power.

[Itsuki]: "Okay, so if we invert this array here, and erase this... and pump in a small supplimentarry array like so... Got it. One Bunker-Buster special ready to serve with a side of steel."

Once done, Tsukiko will attach the tag to one of her kunai. Her sharp eyes look for an opening and when it's there she throws the kunai at the Judgement.

I will hit her. Tsukiko declares to herself.

oog: Tempy, if you want to add anything for while they're working on the tag...I dunno, drop me a pm and I could edit it in?

edit: thanks, Tempy!
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » October 30th, 2011, 9:00 pm

(*only now realizes that there was an edit*)

The Judgment Howls as the blade strikes it's chest, the tag activating, and creating a blazing white crack in the center of the blackened chakra.

The Sound of wind picks up, now close to that of a storm, as space seems to glow red and distort at the "blade" of the strange sword Shiki is holding.

"MOVE."
MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 30th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Itsuki grabs Tsukiko, tosses her over his shoulder, and beats feet away from the point of impact. Hasaki merely dismisses himself.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » October 30th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Rika hauls arse out of dodge not even bothering to look back.
Random_fan

Unread postby Phht » October 31st, 2011, 6:24 am

Higure looks at the effect of the modified seal interestedly, then notices just about everyone else fleeing the area. Reviewing the last few seconds, he notes the 'move' order and heads off after Itsuki and Tsukiko.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » October 31st, 2011, 11:01 pm

oog: huh, I thought I deleted and then reposted. If I didn't I should have.

ig:

Tsukiko gives a squeek of surprise and protest at suddenly being lifted and carried. As Tsukiko is carried she feels indignation. However, she wills her body not to struggle, since there is no time to remove herself from Itsuki's shoulder and get moving again before whatever Shiki plans to do.

If Gamanegai needs to give Shiki any space, he will also move away.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » November 5th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Once everyone is out of the line of fire, Shiki thrusts his blade, and the swirling mass of wind, chakra, energy and space surrounding it.

"ENUMA.... ELISH!" And the maelstrom is released, tearing apart everything in the distance between it and it's target. The Judgment meets the strike head-on with it's full power.

One second. The two forces are at a stalemate; Unstoppable force and Immovable Object.

Two Seconds. The beast overpowers the distortion, pushing it back slightly. It's jaws rise into a triumphant smile.

Three Seconds. Cree-e-e-e-e-e-e. The loud noise echoes across the battlefield as the Judgment's armour buckles under the pressure.

Four Seconds. Cri-ISHHHHH. The dark chakra gives way, Immovable Object shattering against the Unstoppable Force.

Five seconds. The blast tears a hole through The Judgment's entire torso, as excess energy snaps and disintegrates the limbs from within.

Six seconds. The entire scene flashes brightly, causing the ninja to look away until it stops.

Seven seconds. The blast clears and the dust settles, revealing a large groove torn into the earth between the smoldering ground where the monster known as the Judgment once stood (the only remains of it's existence the glowing card smoking on the charred dirt) and Shiki, who is lying on the ground, still tightly holding the sword, even though his arm has been reduced to a mass of burnt flesh and bleeding wounds.
MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 5th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Itsuki reverses direction to get the medic to Shiki as fast as possible. "Did he just use an attack called 'Enema Unleash'?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » November 6th, 2011, 1:11 am

Higure stops and turns upon hearing the attack called out. Once the blast vanishes and it's clear the fight is over, he heads back in towards Shiki. Upon hearing Itsuki's remark, he responds.

"It sounded like 'delish' to me, but I think I prefer your interpretation over it being a shortened version of delicious."

Arriving at Shiki, he starts checking for consciousness and then the ABCs if Shiki's unconscious. "And someone find that card box of his and secure that card."

[I'm guessing, based on the 'burnt and bleeding' descriptive, a bad case of second degree burns, with possible third degree burns mixed in. He'll defer burn treatment leadership to the actual medic nin.

The ABCs being Airway/Breathing/Circulation. He can't use medical chakra, so the CPR way! :D ]
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 6th, 2011, 2:34 am

Itsuki drops Tsukiko on her feet next to Shiki, and begins searching him for the card box. "Got some spare senbon I can use to pick that thing up? No way in hell I'm using my actual hand, gloved or not."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » November 6th, 2011, 4:41 am

Rika turns around at hearing the attack name being called out, and as soon as it's finished runs back to Shiki.
Random_fan

Unread postby spudman » November 6th, 2011, 8:39 pm

"Remove yourself at once." Tsukiko says, practically shoving Itsuki out of the way and kneels alongside Shiki.

Tsukiko immediately places a glowing hand on Shiki's chest to check his vitals, knowing he is at least in danger of going into shock if not in it already. If there are no other concerns in the vital areas she will then begin treating Shiki's arm. In seconds Tsukiko assesses if the arm can be saved and if so she'll use her medical chakra to stop the bleeding and heal the burns.
Last edited by spudman on November 6th, 2011, 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spudman

Return to “%s” Mission Central