Arcane Measures - In Search of The Judgement

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Arcane Measures - In Search of The Judgement

Unread postby Phht » August 2nd, 2011, 1:23 am

[As a note - my guy won't be making his tag move until after this round ends. Also, if a KB sets up a tag off itself for use, places it, and disperses, would the tag disperse as well, or would the added chakra from the prep and what not stabilize it beyond its owner's lifespan?]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » August 10th, 2011, 4:53 pm

oog: alright, one quick question. Has Tsukiko's twin lion fist attack occured and damage done (or dodged/blocked) yet?
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » August 12th, 2011, 1:04 am

oog: alright, one quick question. Has Tsukiko's twin lion fist attack occured and damage done (or dodged/blocked) yet?
(D'oh, I missed that going back. >.<)

The Judgment is momentarily stunned by the blow, but just keeps continuing forward.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » August 13th, 2011, 3:22 am

oog: as for your question phht, I don't think a tag from the the kage bunshin would last after the clone poofs. I don't think a tag from a clone would even work like a tag. Tags imply a separate application of chakra contained in the tag, while weapons like kunai and shuriken from clones can happen because they're just 'solid' objects.

ig:

If the Judgement moves to attack Tsukiko she will step into a unique stance and become a blur of motion. It seems the daughter of Namikaze Hinata has inherited her mother's defensive technique as well. The jounin produces arc-shaped beams of chakra from her palms as she moves, creating a cutting barrier in all directions that should knock the Judgement back away from her and give her something to think about.

If the Judgement does not charge at her right away then Tsukiko has time to consume another food pill first. Though she'll pay for it later the pill will leave her with chakra to spare should the fight continue.

However, should the Judgement move to attack someone else Tsukiko will attack with due haste and occupy her. Spinning and weaving gracefully to avoid the monster's attacks and striking away at her with multiple Lion Fists to keep her stunned.

oog: Protection of the Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms or Gentle Step Twin Lion Fists
Last edited by spudman on August 30th, 2011, 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » August 13th, 2011, 2:26 pm

Itsuki is on his last legs for chakra. So instead he's going to jink at an angle, and try and fill the monster with as many kunai as he can while not hitting his allies.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » August 16th, 2011, 2:12 am

Rika will do the same thing from the opposite side.
Random_fan

Unread postby spudman » August 19th, 2011, 12:12 am

oog: Ugh...should have double checked that post but I was sleepy at the time. I forgot a few things that I had meant to include/fix. Edited since it would not seem to affect random and TK's posts, and phht still has to post.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » August 19th, 2011, 12:47 am

[Phht has gone back and edited an earlier post so the KB isn't using its own tag supplies, in light of the idea that it probably wouldn't work. Now I'm trying to figure out how the hell am I actually putting this 8m radius chakra drain tag within 2m of crazy bitch. Though, rereading spud's post... Eh, what the hell. Let's do crazy suicidal. It's just a KB!]

Seeing everyone running low on options, Higure cuts back to where he left his Kage Bunshin. He's passed a tag as he sets down on the branch next to his clone.

"Tag's ready to go. I can set it off directly or you can remote activate it with that."

"Great. Now... how do we get it right up to her?"

The KB and Higure turn to look at the situation and stare in silence.

"Um, I could circle around to where boss lady is, tell her about the tag, then charge the target like a suicidal madman?"

"... good enough under the circumstances."

The clone hops down and makes his way over to Tsukiko. "Tsukiko-san. I have a primed endochakra tag on me, eight meter radius. I'm going to charge her and hope I get within two meters of her before I get dispelled. Then real me will activate the tag. So you might want to make sure you're outside the radius, because it would suck to report that you got offed by friendly fire."

The KB starts its charge, doing its best to stay alive until it gets to her and buy time for everyone to make sure they're out of range of the tag.

After the KB leaves for Tsukiko, Higure moves over to Itsuki. "My clone has an endochakra tag, s-rank, eight meter radius. Once he dispels, I'm activating it. Mind your distance."

He then continues on to Rika [or vice versa, as I'm not sure which was closer to him initially] and repeats the message. Having done so, he moves to meet up with Tsukiko.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » August 19th, 2011, 1:30 am

oog: if the Judgment is hanging back or Tsukiko managed to knock her back there should be no issue and Tsukiko will go with it, staying out of range of the tag. If Tsukiko was already in melee range with the Judgment then I gather talking to her would be difficult and the clone would go straight for the suicide attack? Regardless, Tsukiko would notice the Higure clone coming in and make way.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » August 19th, 2011, 2:03 am

[Yeah, I went with the idea that she wasn't in melee yet when I wrote that. If she is, he'd start working to get the Judgment back or held in place and yell to Tsukiko a much abbreviated version along the lines of "endo tag radius eight dispel activate" to pass along the critical details needed.]
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » August 19th, 2011, 10:39 am

oog: actually...just saying "endo tag", or "endo tag, big one" would be enough for fellow Konoha ninja to get the message, but maybe that's just me.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » August 28th, 2011, 2:56 pm

The Judgment moves to strike the Hyuuga, earning several strikes from the chakra blades in the process. It takes a step back, only for kunai to slice through it's form, the beast letting out a shuddering breath.

Which is when the world looses some of it's brightness.

Everyone's senses suddenly become dulled as an oppressive force seems to blanket the battlefield. It seems to seep the life from everything, chakra suddenly becoming harder to utilize.

And the large toad suddenly feels an impact from inside it's mouth.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » August 30th, 2011, 1:40 am

oog: so, has Higure's clone made it's suicide run yet? Doesn't seem like it, since it looks like the monster is doing this "oppressive force" thing.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » August 30th, 2011, 1:42 am

(Yes, actually, she is; Remember what the Judgment's main power is?)
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » August 30th, 2011, 8:53 pm

oog: indeed I do...matter>>>chakra. O, I forgot to ask, are Tsukiko's eyes seeing anything that everyone else isn't that's worth mentioning?
spudman

Unread postby spudman » September 8th, 2011, 4:09 am

:whistle:
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » September 8th, 2011, 2:34 pm

There appears to difference to the Byakugan, aside from small slivers of chakra flowing through the air at random in the direction of The Judgment.

And, of course, Shiki trying to kick his way free of the giant toad in which he is currently housed.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » September 9th, 2011, 9:12 pm

Tsukiko moves back away from the Judgement. Her breathing is heavy and if she has not already she bites down on her second food pill.*

"Higure-san, do it now."

Meanwhile, Gamanegai notices that Shiki has woken up. After all, it would be very hard to miss someone kicking the inside of your mouth. He spits the man out.

"Feeling better?"

oog: *If she didn't before she'd be pretty low chakra-wise right then.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » September 13th, 2011, 4:51 am

"Roger."

Higure made one last hop back before activating the tag his bunshin ferried up close to the Judgment, and hoped everyone was backed up out of range of it.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby MEKristian » September 16th, 2011, 3:58 pm

Meanwhile, Gamanegai notices that Shiki has woken up. After all, it would be very hard to miss someone kicking the inside of your mouth. He spits the man out.

"Feeling better?"
"It'll hold." Shiki grumbles, wincing as he works himself into a standing position. "Though toad spit isn't something I want to be immersed in at any future point."
"Roger."

Higure made one last hop back before activating the tag his bunshin ferried up close to the Judgment, and hoped everyone was backed up out of range of it.
As the Tag activates, The Judgment recoils, before falling to all fours and slowly advancing.
MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 16th, 2011, 4:50 pm

"Hit her with as many of those things as you've got Higure!" Itsuki attempts to skewer the crawling beast with the entirety of his store of kunai and shuriken.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » September 16th, 2011, 7:22 pm

"As many as I have? S-rank drain tags are expensive and almost never used! I never actually expected to use that one! ... Let alone someone survive being the only person in range of one. Those things are overkill against damn near everything!" He hopped off to the side a couple meters and pulled off his travel pack. "Though I grabbed a big chunk of my supplies, so I might have a second one in here."

He starts unsealing pouches and looking through them, then resealing them away as he tries to locate a second S-rank drain tag. He pauses a moment, attaches an A-rank drain tag to a timer tag before attaching them to a kunai.

"A-rank Drain out!" He preps the timer tag for 3 seconds and tosses the kunai at the Judgment. Then he goes back to his search.

[Unless she's advancing pretty fast, the 2m smaller radius on the A-rank should keep everyone safe still. By everyone, I mean probably me and Tsukiko.]
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Random_fan » September 16th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Rika makes sure he's out of the tag's blast range before attempting to make The Judgement into a pincushion with his remaining kunai and shuriken.
Random_fan

Unread postby spudman » September 16th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Gamanegai mutters something that sounds like "mouthwash" and "awful taste" but nothing is really coherent.

If there's significant change in Miyako's chakra or the amount of it, Tsukiko will notice. She stands near Higure to cover him and will direct the vacuum shell blast of the Empty Palm at Miyako if she gets too close.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » September 21st, 2011, 7:43 pm

"Hey, Frog, can you relay a message for me? I think I have a shot at putting her out of our collective miseries for good as long as I can get some cooperation..."
If there's significant change in Miyako's chakra or the amount of it, Tsukiko will notice. She stands near Higure to cover him and will direct the vacuum shell blast of the Empty Palm at Miyako if she gets too close.
The only difference Tsukiko can see of the Judgment's Chakra is that it is sticking more closely to her body than before.
MEKristian

Return to “%s” Mission Central