Training for the Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Training for the Exams

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 26th, 2012, 3:28 pm

Taru's attention shifts to Ushio momentarily when she pops onto the roof, his bow tracking her before he identifies who it is, and relaxes slightly, scanning for other targets, still on the alert.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 26th, 2012, 5:06 pm

ig:

The Puppetmaster's eyes widen as the wrath of lightning crashes through him, practically frying his arms and stunning him with electricity. He collapses, his fingers twitching uncontrollably. His puppets are likewise writhing and moving in unpredictable ways.

Nishiyori plows right into the staggering Sabarou, sending her crashing into a wall, both preserved bones and added wooden joints breaking and puncturing the skin, a liquid that, while not red, looks far too much like blood starting to pool around her, her head twisted in an unusual way. Compartments have opened, revealing additional kunai. Her fans lay a few feet from her. A smile still stays on her face. She is defeated.

Tsukiko easily breaks free as various compartments in the puppet open up and close repeatedly, revealing several additional weapons. Itsuki cuts through the puppet like butter, causing it to fall into two pieces. A compartment in the puppet breaks upon doing this, causing smoke bombs to fall out and detonate, hiding the puppet's form.

Tsukiko lands the final blow, sending the pervert into blissful unconsciousness, as per Itsuki's orders. His Chakra is almost completely gone, and his arms are toast. A look of pain dissolves into serenity. The Chakra threads finally cease to exist.

Sho comes down, hands on his sword, just in case, and gapes at the fallen puppetmaster, before noticing Sabarou, in all her bashed-in glory. He'd heard of Human Puppets before, but this was nothing like the neat, clean puppets that Sasori was said to make.

"... Is that..." He starts, eyes wide and face pale. "W-what I think it is?"

oog: I'm calling that overkill, but that's the end of the battle. All that's left is to find the remaining two Mitsubachi (which were inside the building last we saw them) and inform the Hokage of the battle.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 26th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Itsuki's face is stony as he looks down at the defeated bastard. "Yes, it is. This sonuvabitch is Hiroka Shun, aka the 'Fourth Son of Suna'. He styled himself the next Sasori. Tried to used his own family as puppets. The younger brothers were lucky. His sister..." Itsuki's eyes become incredibly sad. "His sister was my ex-girlfriend's best friend, and the grand-niece of Hirako's tutor in the art of puppetry, Subaku no Kankurō. Thus his actions were a double betrayal." Itsuki looks over at Tsukiko. "I need to speak to Hanabi-sama after we report in."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » February 27th, 2012, 8:19 am

(Heh.)

Ushio yelps and gets out of the way of people waaaaay above her level as the calvary arrives. She goes a little pale at the puppet gore and averts her gaze while trying to look like she's not.

Hotaru and the twins are outside.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 2nd, 2012, 10:56 pm

"Very well, Itsuki-san."

Tsukiko checks on Hiroka's vitals, and will stabilize his condition if necessary. He will live to be tried for his crimes if Tsukiko has anything to say about it.

"Are you-" Nishiyori begins.

"Yes...um, I mean, I am fine. Bruising, at worst."

Hiroka's chakra network has been shut off for a good long while, but chakra suppression seals are still applied to the puppetmaster and he is restrained. Overkill, yes, but it is protocol.

"A KMP team should be on its way to secure all this."

"Yes, they're approaching quickly." Tsukiko replies, looking out in the direction of where the first group of puppets was.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » March 3rd, 2012, 1:35 am

[I was pondering how to have them arrive.... :) Now, the target and the mole puppet, etc are on the ground level of the building or out one side of it, right? And the remaining puppets and other team members are in the basement, yes?]

The team sets down outside the building. "Takamachi, take your partner and do a sweep of the building and surrounding. You're on cordon duty after that until additional units arrive to take over that duty. Call in for that, interviewers, and forensics, by the way. Any shinobi you locate are to meet in front of the building and wait to be interviewed."

With that out of the way, the Inspector and Officer make their way to the nearest group of ninja.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 3rd, 2012, 1:55 am

"Where the F***ING *** have you *******-**********************-*****************-*****************-******************ers been?" Itsuki is... less than pleased with the KMP at the moment.

(Actually Phht, the puppet-master and the mole puppet never made it out of the basement, which is where everyone is. At the moment there isn't really a ground floor.)
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » March 3rd, 2012, 2:14 am

As the ninja reach the scene the Nishi-clone poofs into smoke.

Tsukiko spots the Inspector and Officer. She moves to approach and greet them.

(ninja'd)

And then Itsuki has his ouburst.

"Itsuki-san!"

"...I know you are in pain, but they are not the ones to take it out on. You are out of line."

Nishiyori narrows his eyes. He understands the pain of losing someone you care about, and the feelings that come with when faced with atrocities, especially against children. However, he is also calculating if he'll have to step in and how he'd do so, though it doesn't seem like he'll need to.

But really that's a sideshow to Tsukiko's stare of matriarchal authority, slight disappointment, and sympathy. The fact there is also sympathy mixed in with that look may make Itsuki feel more like an @$$, though that isn't her intent.

"Please stand over there and wait for now."

If Itsuki cooperates Tsukiko will then turn to the Inspector.

"Namikaze Tsukiko, rank jounin. I'm leading these ninja. I apologize for my subordinate's outburst. The perpetrator's actions affected him personally."

oog:
It closes its arms around Tsukiko and crashes upwards and outwards via Doton Jutsu
Actually Tempy, I think the mole puppet, the puppeteer and those that dealt with both are all outside.
Last edited by spudman on March 3rd, 2012, 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 3rd, 2012, 2:23 am

(Ah, my mistake)

Itsuki takes a deep breath, holds it for a moment, then takes several more. "My apologies Tsukiko-sama, but the number of civilian and child casualties that went unnoticed until now, in conjunction with the other issue, made me lose control of myself." He removes himself to a corner.

(The fact that these puppets were able to go about like this in broad daylight suggests that they were Konoha citizens, including the child puppet that first tipped Itsuki off. Harming kids is another one of his major berserk buttons, so the fact that at least one Konoha child appears to have died thanks to the lackluster efforts of the KMP has him up in arms.)
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » March 3rd, 2012, 3:16 am

"Where the F***ING *** have you *******-**********************-*****************-*****************-******************ers been?" Itsuki is... less than pleased with the KMP at the moment.
Such language in front of the children!
serbii

Unread postby Phht » March 3rd, 2012, 3:55 am

[Yeah, I was initially thinking everyone was still in the basement until I saw the part spud quoted. So I was just checking to make sure. Also, I should make a name for the inspector. I mean, I've given family names for two of the eight KMP in the thread, but nothing for her. Heh.]

The Inspector spares Itsuki a glance but is saved by Tsukiko from replying with something that would no doubt be nine kinds of antagonizing to Itsuki. She nods to Tsukiko after the Jounin's introduction. "To get the official bit out of the way, Namikaze-san: As Inspector of the Konoha Military Police's Public Security Bureau, I'm pacing this crime scene under PSB jurisdiction. Please have the ninja in your group go wait in front of the building to get interviewed. No wandering around contaminating my crime scene or taking evidence out. If they have any evidence they carried with them to here, they'll need to turn it over to the person taking their testimony. Additional KMP should be arriving momentarily to start handling that and getting chakra signatures for forensics' use. Once that's done, they should be free to go. We can contact them later if we need more."

She turns to the Officer with her. "Call in and have an ANBU team with medic attached sent to take the puppeteer suspect to T&I to be questioned on the murder of at least 4 people, including a Suna nin."

Out in front of the building, Sergeant Takamachi begins directing around the arriving KMP teams.

[I was totally going to have her go "You're a ninja. Try acting like one." but decided not to make a remark that might set Itsuki off and cause unneeded trouble. :leaving: ]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 3rd, 2012, 5:03 pm

Hiroka is still alive, but only barely. He hadn't quite used up all of his chakra, but is currently suffering chakra exhaustion.

Sho nods at the commands of the KMP, reluctantly but silently handing the Mitsubachi Prototypes he's regained to them, though his eyes are still on Sabarou. In an effort to tear away his gaze from the fallen genin-turned-puppet, he looks anywhere else, and eventually settles his gaze on the top half of the Mole Puppet. Aware that he's only attempting to settle into something a little more familiar to him, he starts trying to guess how the puppet's mechanisms work, how the puppet's wielder might have connected the strings, how different pieces might interlock...

He is still thinking on this as he moves to the front of the building.

In the basement, the final two Mitsubachi Prototypes are laying in a corner, untouched by either side after landing there. The final camera is still rolling.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby spudman » March 4th, 2012, 4:48 am

Tsukiko will volunteer to continue and monitor Hiroka's condition until another medic arrives.

oog: skip over the interviews?

I think after all this Tsukiko will want go try to get drunk.
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 4th, 2012, 11:20 am

oog: If that works for everyone, sure.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Phht » March 6th, 2012, 12:47 am

[Was slacking off in case anyone wanted to post post-battle, pre-interviewing. I was planning on skipping over the interviewing stuff myself in any case.]

In the span of 60 minutes, the scene was processed and all the ninja were interviewed thoroughly for every detail the KMP could get out of them about the events. A partition was put up in the alley blocking view of the puppets, being brought down after that section of the scene had been processed and puppets collected. About five minutes in, the ANBU team arrived and left with the prisoner. A pair of KMP was sent from a local station to check into Sho's home/workshop regarding his puppets, and soon after Sho was given a paper with the case number, the puppets listed, and a particular KMP station for him to retrieve his property from in three days.

Tsukiko and Nishiyori were the last two interviewed, and the Inspector was waiting when they got done. "Thank you for the assistance on handling this incident. Please try to avoid making a habit of unilaterally handling situations outside your jurisdiction. Oh, and could one of you speak with that genin puppeteer about ways to better secure his gear to avoid it being stolen without incident?"
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 6th, 2012, 1:29 am

There is a crunch of stonework from down the alley. Itsuki has just cratered a wall with an offhand swing, and is glaring daggers at the Inspector. Anyone close to him can make out him muttering "I'm about five seconds away from unilaterally sticking my foot straight up your-"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » March 10th, 2012, 6:43 pm

Tsukiko and Nishiyori were the last two interviewed, and the Inspector was waiting when they got done. "Thank you for the assistance on handling this incident. Please try to avoid making a habit of unilaterally handling situations outside your jurisdiction. Oh, and could one of you speak with that genin puppeteer about ways to better secure his gear to avoid it being stolen without incident?"
Tsukiko blushes in embarassment. "Yes, um, I'll keep that in mind."

Nishiyori interrupts. "You made a call, and you can't really know what might have happened if you did things differently. He might have been spooked and cut the connections for all we know. And when things got serious you made sure the PSB would be informed."

"Maybe, but protocol and jurisdiction are important, and should be kept in mind."

"True, but point is, it worked out. Remember that too." Nishiyori leans in, Tsukiko becomes increasingly red. He kisses her, and as he leans back she is left in a slightly dazed state. "I'd follow your lead anyday. I'll see you later, okay?"

"O-okay."

With that, Nishiyori walks off. He strides past Itsuki and grabs him.

"You and I need to have a chat." They vanish with a whirl of leaves in their wake.
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 11th, 2012, 1:28 am

IG: Sho sits against the wall, wordlessly watching the whole affair. Shortly after Nishiyori and Itsuki leave, he speaks for the first time since the KMP interview.

"... Shouldn't have left them out... I know better than that... Dad's gonna be pissed..." He sighs, pulling his goggles over his eyes. "Well, I guess I should get going." He starts walking home, in no rush for the talking-to his parents likely have planned out for him.

OOG: In regards to the KMP arriving at Sho's Workshop, how much of the situation was disclosed to Sho's parents, or do they know anything at all? Of what wasn't explained, was there anything that the KMP would have told Sho NOT to tell them? They are civilians, and the father (who owns the workshop) is from Suna, but a Konoha Citizen by marriage.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Phht » March 11th, 2012, 1:58 am

[It'd just be along the lines of "confirming ownership of property that was apparently stolen and is currently involved in an on-going investigation" at most. Basically that something was apparently stolen from there and they were checking that it was the person's property as part of some investigation. And that'd probably be what the KMP would tell Sho to leave it at.]

"Just remember, Jounin-san, that you ensured that a criminal was apprehended and will not be able to kill anyone else. You might have stepped on some jurisdictional toes today, but you pulled off the best possible outcome for the situation as it was when discovered. The only thing you could improve on in the future is avoiding the toes stepping part."

The Inspector gave a smile to Tsukiko before rounding up the remaining KMP on the scene now that they had everything from it they could think of, and heading for the station.
Phht

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 16th, 2012, 1:02 am

Taru continues to watch the scene from his hidey hole on the roof top, feeling particularly satisfied in his hiding skills, but getting a little irritated as it appears the shinobi and KMP are dispersing.

Come on people. At least Toshizo should have remembered I don't give up my position in a hostile situation until I get an all clear from a teammate...
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » March 16th, 2012, 1:50 am

Toshizo jumps out after he fails to apprehend the criminal, only to watch him succinctly incapacitated along with all his puppets before he could even mount an offense. Shrugging it off, he went to work going through the motions with the KMP, even though he was *very* dissapointed in their service record. The ANBU too, for that matter. Honestly, he just wanted to walk out of here now and grab a bowl of noodles with Taru. ...Taru was still in position. That was his quirk as part of his specialty: He never moved from his given point until the signal was given or it became tactically neccessary.

*Well,...this day could use a little lift.* He decided to fall back on an old joke from their genin days, the fashionably awful "Taru Signal". Lifting both hands to his mouth, he called out to Taru's vantage point, "CAW CAW, CAH KEE!"
bookworm702

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 16th, 2012, 1:55 am

Taru slaps a palm to his face at Toshizo's call, but gets the idea. Forming a quick handsign, he disappears in a brief flash of rose tinted light to reappear right next to his teammate. He quirks an eyebrow upward, staring at Toshizo.

"Really?"
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » March 16th, 2012, 1:59 am

Toshizo flashes his closest friend a cheeky grin. "Really really. Now, how about we go get our reports and grievance forms filled out, and then we can go grab some noodles?"
bookworm702

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 16th, 2012, 2:10 am

Taru sighs in an overly dramatic fashion, though he is having a hard time keeping a smile off his face.

"I think you're buying for dredging up the deep, dark past. Or I'll just have to tell Shiori about the Shampoo Incident."
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » March 16th, 2012, 2:17 am

Toshizo immediately starts walking. "I will buy noodles because it's my turn to buy, and not because of any completely unprovable incident involving Team Moegi, shampoo, and that damn racoon."
bookworm702

Return to “%s” Mission Central