Training for the Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Training for the Exams

Unread postby Phht » March 30th, 2011, 2:55 am

"I should put out a memo next week claiming that the water cooler and break room fridge are being removed for budgetary reasons until after the Chunin Exams. Just to see how everyone reacts." She takes another bite of the apple. "I would've asked her, given the likelihood you wouldn't be available, but she's not in the village as you already know. And she's not quite as creative with her logic like you can be. I could always hope that Hokage-sama had actually foisted off the midgets onto someone other than you."

Spider tilts her head towards the ex-ANBU. "Between her and that Hyuuga, I have to say. I was joking somewhat all those years ago, but you are perfectly at home in the deep end, aren't you?"

EDIT: [Her comment on the Hyuuga references back to the Team Fail mission and Hotaru watching the team medic pluck out their own eye and implant into someone else, and that there might still be unresolved issues for the Hyuuga over that part.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » April 1st, 2011, 8:02 pm

Strange whooshing sounds are suddenly heard both on the mountain trail and at Training Ground 27. Accompanying the sounds are unnaturrally strong gusts of wind and large, looming shadows. The ninja at each location look up and see a ship in the sky with large black sails and odd propellers, steam coming out from the back and holes in the sides. Singing is also heard coming from the odd ships.

"Airship pirates..." Nishiyori mutters, face in palm.

oog: IGNORE THIS POST. APRIL FOOLS.

edited: decided to just leave it as is, pretty much. Never happened, no airship pirates.
Last edited by spudman on April 2nd, 2011, 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » April 1st, 2011, 8:29 pm

[Probably should have posted, whoops, yeah, the girls keep running]
serbii

Unread postby spudman » April 2nd, 2011, 1:08 am

*At Training Ground 27*

Nishiyori laughs and shrugs. "Maybe." he pauses. "Tsukiko ought to be available in a week, I figure, if you still want to ask her. I'm sure she'd like helping with the exams."

*On the trail*

Some time has passed since you all heard the voice. Moving down the mountain at a fast pace has been paying off as you're making great time, but you'll all be feeling aches tomorrow if not already.

The young ninja are approaching the end of the forest near the village gate when out of nowhere a blur speeds into the group. The blur connects with Ichigo and disappears with it. Moments later, the girls hear a shout.

"Oi! Over here!"

A salt and pepper colored rat the size of a man sits on his hind legs on a large tree branch about fifty yards behind the girls. In one of his paws is a bound Ichigo.

"Don't do anything rash now, gakis." says the six foot rat.

Shiro appears a bit surprised. "Ryoushi-ojisan..."

"Aw man..." Ichi just looks annoyed.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » April 2nd, 2011, 3:16 am

Hotaru moves closer to the other girls then drops a foot firmly onto Ichi's tail and a kunai into her hand above his head. Holding the rat in place, not enough to cause any damage but enough to make the threat clear. Hotaru glares cooly at the huge rat, "Trade."

[Edit: Blah, make things more annoying spud. Yeah, can't use Shiro, we need her with us.]
Last edited by serbii on April 2nd, 2011, 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » April 2nd, 2011, 1:17 pm

oog: Shiro is the one on Hai's shoulder. Ichi was running with you all since he's a bit big to be on someone's shoulder (medium-sized dog). Don't know if this really changes your post or not...
spudman

Unread postby AshBellringer » April 2nd, 2011, 7:53 pm

Hai sighs, obviously unpleasant with this sudden delay, blade at the ready as she keeps a eye on this Ryoushi fellow, knowing that without her chakra, she's outmatched by speed.
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 3rd, 2011, 2:21 am

Ichigo thought he heard something, but unfortunately, by the time he could react, he felt himself being man-handled by someone. By the time he could recover, he found himself tied up and being Grumbling as he realized he couldn't reach any sharp objects to cut himself free, or use chakra to escape. Though he did try to test the bond a bit, seeing how well tied they were, though seeing the possible trade did keep his movements to a minimum. Perhaps a spar with Lee wouldn't have been this bad.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby spudman » April 4th, 2011, 1:28 am

[Edit: Blah, make things more annoying spud.
oog: Is that a challenge? :psychotic:

ig:

*On the trail*

Ryoushi grins, thoroughly amused at the threat. "Hoho...so ruthless and decisive, but no deal. You can keep him."

"What?! You better get me out of this!" Ichi yells.

"That mouth of his is just one reason he can stay with you." "Oi, don't ignore me!" "I'll trade but not for him or Shiro-chan." "I'm talking to you!" "Hand over that flag and you'll get your friend back." "@$$hole..." "If not, poor Ichigo here will have to suffer. Well?"

oog: note: small text is Ichi talking in the background as Ryoushi is speaking.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » April 4th, 2011, 4:54 am

Hotaru's attention shifts back to the rat at her feet and she speaks to it, completely serious and sincere,

"You're useless."

Before looking back to Ryoushi, "This is the best he can come up with? The 'my team mate or the mission' decision?"

"Hotaru, must you go insulting the man who can make our lives a living hell in front of his summons?" Ushio mutters, already knowing the answer.

Hotaru ignores her and continues, "Very well," she tilts her head, "I'll just organise someone to deliver it. Kotone summon a cat."

"Uh," Ushio indicates the seal on the back of her neck and wonders if this is a good idea.

Hotaru turns her pale eyes on the other girl, "Never were we ordered not to remove them, besides I have nothing left to lose in that respect, hence this is an order. Summon a cat, as large as you can."

Ushio nods and removes the seal, "Yes, Ma'am." She knicks a finger, makes the seals and slams her hand to the ground. Kuchiyose no Jutsu
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 4th, 2011, 9:08 am

Upon hearing the order Ichigo tries not to cringe too much, but he had a feeling his summons would never let him hear the end of it. And rather how much he'd owe them.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 4th, 2011, 5:17 pm

As the smoke cleared, a large cat, easily knee-level became visible. Its fur was a dark shade of orange, with black "tiger stripes" down his back. He was wearing a Leaf headband around his head, as he looked around with large, half-lidded eyes and a bored, detached expression on his muzzle. He was also extremely rotund, though not to the point of obscene obesity.

"You know, I was just about to have dinner, so this better be important." The cat's voice was as bored as his expression, and slightly nasal, though not annoyingly so.

(OOG - Guess who? :biggrin: )
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » April 4th, 2011, 10:43 pm

Instead of being surprised or frightened at the summoning of the cat, Ryoushi appears quite pleased and addresses Hotaru again.

"I'll level with ya gaki, this was a bit of improv on my part. I wanted to see what you'd do."
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 4th, 2011, 10:59 pm

The cat looks at the rat, and cocks his head to the side. He then looks accusingly up at Hotaru. "Let me guess. You had a rat problem, so you decided to get a cat to eat it for you. Forget it lady. I'm a cat of good taste. And rats don't taste good."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » April 4th, 2011, 11:49 pm

"I'll level with ya gaki, this was a bit of improv on my part. I wanted to see what you'd do."
"Well now you've seen. Give him back so we can go." Hotaru is less amused, "While I still have the faint, fragile hope I may actually get to eat again today."
The cat looks at the rat, and cocks his head to the side. He then looks accusingly up at Hotaru. "Let me guess. You had a rat problem, so you decided to get a cat to eat it for you. Forget it lady. I'm a cat of good taste. And rats don't taste good."
"No, I just wanted you to take the flag to him and run off the with it after we got Matsuda. I wouldn't touch that either."

Ushio grins and digs out a bag of cat treats, Hotaru tosses her a small bag of currents she has ready for her crows. Always pay the summon.
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 5th, 2011, 12:09 am

The bag of cat treats vanishes from Ushio's hand in a blur of orange. The summon cat is now a few yards away, with the bag held in one paw. Digging through it with the other paw as he sits on his haunches, the cat tosses a treat up and snaps it out of the air, before giving the group a level look. "That'll do as an advance, but I figure you owe me for interrupting my dinner. And since these treats are hardly something to gorge myself on, I think I'll stick around to watch the show as my payment instead." With that said, he casually slunk to a nearby stump and sat down, watching the group expectantly. The bag had been tucked securely behind the cat's headband, and seemed to disappear; no trace of it to be seen now, not even a bulge.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » April 5th, 2011, 12:19 am

"You can have Matsuda's lunch," offers Hotaru.
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 5th, 2011, 12:25 am

He levels a feline glare of contempt at the Hyuuga. "Well, you're certainly all heart, ain'cha? Don't give a damn about your teammates at all, do ya? How'd you get that vest anyway, buy it? No way you're actually a chunin if this is how you treat your underlings. Hanabi's got more sense than that."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » April 5th, 2011, 1:14 am

*On the trail*
"No, I just wanted you to take the flag to him and run off the with it after we got Matsuda. I wouldn't touch that either."
Ryoushi arches an eyebrow. "If you're gonna double cross someone you really shouldn't announce it, especially not in front of them."
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 5th, 2011, 1:15 am

The cat nods towards Ryoushi. "I'm with him. Seriously, how the hell did you get that vest?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » April 5th, 2011, 1:43 am

Mouthy cats. "Moving on..." Ryoushi sighs. "Look, either keep going, make the trade, or try to fight me. I don't really care which."
spudman

Unread postby serbii » April 5th, 2011, 8:13 am

"If you're gonna double cross someone you really shouldn't announce it, especially not in front of them."
*Was too lazy to split post and wait for Spud's answer first* XD

Mmm, half typed responses then more posts come.

---------------------

Ushio can be heard mutting something about "every damn time" and "the reason we never let her talk to clients."
He levels a feline glare of contempt at the Hyuuga. "Well, you're certainly all heart, ain'cha? Don't give a damn about your teammates at all, do ya? How'd you get that vest anyway, buy it? No way you're actually a chunin if this is how you treat your underlings. Hanabi's got more sense than that."
Hotaru levels a Hyuuga glare right back, "I was given a team, I kept them safe, likely at cost to myself, but I will take whatever punishment comes and would do it again. They don't need molly coddling.

You are in his contract and he is the one you were called to save and even in the unlikely event no one shares he is not the type to die after missing a meal and It appears to be a moot point anyway.

I do not need my team to like me and I will not change myself so they do. Don't believe that is the same thing as not giving a damn."
The cat nods towards Ryoushi. "I'm with him. Seriously, how the hell did you get that vest?"
Deadpan, "I stole it as part of an elaborate plot to gain access to cheaper kunai and more life threatening missions."
"Moving on..." Ryoushi sighs. "Look, either keep going, make the trade, or try to fight me. I don't really care which."
Hotaru looks thoughtful for a moment, then looks at Ushio and Hai, then to Ryoushi, a slight expression of distrust on her face. She tilts her head slightly, coming to a decision, "Trade."

She flicks off the tag again and drops one hand to the ground, the smoke engulfing her for a few seconds before it clears and she stands up again, a crow perched on her wrist. She hands it the flag.
"We're trading this for Matsuda, follow the rat once he has it."

[Mmmk, trade now]
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 5th, 2011, 9:18 am

Ichigo had stayed quiet during the argument as he continued to try to loosen his bonds. Unfortunately, they were a tad tighter than he would have liked. Though he did know this would be an interesting debriefing to say the least. Hopefully the summon holding him prisoner wouldn't do the double-cross, since at this point, he wasn't so sure that Ushio's summon would be helping anytime soon. Though he was very clear on not vocalizing his thoughts right now.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 5th, 2011, 11:03 am

Ichigo feels his bonds start to loosen, a light weight pressing down on the ropes. As they continue to loosen, a small furry body steps into the palm of his hand. As soon as the ropes fall away, there's a puff of smoke and a moment of disorientation. He finds himself now sitting among the roots of a stump, hands free.

The cat that had been mouthing off to Hotaru is now sitting on Ryoushi's shoulder. "Heeello Sunshine," he drawls, before rolling away and landing in a compact crouch between the rat and the genin. "Good work Floyd." There's a squeak of acknowledgment from Ichigo's shoulder as a common brown mouse climbs up to perch there, snapping off a quick salute with one forepaw in the cat's direction.

"I love it when a good game of Cat Chess comes together."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » April 5th, 2011, 12:53 pm

oog: If Garfield's rescue is successful I'll go with what you wrote, but it may not work Tempy...He'll have a fair chance, just like Ichigo had a fair chance of not being caught (even if you guys didn't see that chance actually written).
spudman

Return to “%s” Mission Central