Training for the Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Training for the Exams

Unread postby Flux_Blade » March 5th, 2011, 12:54 am

Ichigo attempts to hold back a sigh at both Hai's and Hotaru's comments, and is only partially successful. He gives Ushio a quick look before returning his gaze to scanning the area. He almost expected an 'ambush' from his sensei right about now.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby MEKristian » March 5th, 2011, 10:01 pm

Aoko stumbles into the coffee shop, looking half dead on her feet, before sitting down at a free table.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » March 5th, 2011, 10:31 pm

oog: Mek, I appreciate you posting even though you're sick. Drink some fluids and rest!

ig:

*At the coffee shop*

Nishiyori takes a sip of his coffee and moves to Aoko's table.

"Uchiha Aoko-san, I'm Nishiyori Fukakouryoku." he introduces himself and sits down. "Do you want some tea or something else to drink?" he asks, noticing her current state.

*On the trail*

Assuming the kids are still moving along, they do so for another half hour.

*rolls d10*...8...hehehehe

How far away from each other are you guys?
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » March 5th, 2011, 11:01 pm

Aoko looks up with out-of-focused eyes.

"As you wish..." She mumbles.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » March 5th, 2011, 11:50 pm

*At the coffee shop*

"Tea it is then." Nishiyori orders the tea and in a moment it is brought to their table. "Aoko-san, you were recently on a mission with Matsuda Ichigo, Kotone Ushio, and Hyuuga Hotaru. Do you have any opinions on them?"

*On the trail*

*rolls passive perception* 2, 10, 15, 2...

The young ninja fail to notice anything out of place until the forest floor collapses beneath them.

Only Ushio, thanks in part to being in the back of the group, manages to jump away in time. The other three all fall fifteen feet down, their fall slightly cushioned by the material used to cover the hole, but there will be bruises and aches. Adding insult to injury, the three youths are tangled up and on top of each other in what might appear to be a compromising position.

A malevolent laugh echoes through the forest.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » March 5th, 2011, 11:56 pm

How far away from each other are you guys?
Say, Hotaru, 10m, Ichogo and Hai (5m apart next to each other), 10m back Ushio
Hotaru has her eyes on.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 6th, 2011, 12:00 am

No, she does not. Chakra suppression seals. As for the distance...Ichigo, Hai, and Hotaru are still in the hole. It's a large hole on the trail.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » March 6th, 2011, 12:23 am

Aoko stares blankly into the tea, as if waiting for it to tell her the secrets of the universe.

"I have no opinion of them," she says flatly, "and even if I did, I would suppose that said opinion would be wrong."
MEKristian

Unread postby serbii » March 6th, 2011, 12:30 am

Ushio vanishes into the trees and brush by the path, arming herself as she does.

Meanwhile in the hole, Hotaru pushes off the other two, indignant and frustrated, rolling her eyes at the laugh.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » March 6th, 2011, 2:37 am

Ichigo this time is only slightly flustered, as he attempts to remove himself from the awkward situation. If necessary, allow himself to be used to be climbed up, as Hotaru-san was team leader, and Hai-san was a sword user which would give the group an edge if they were attacked. Right now they needed more information about whose trap they fell into.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 6th, 2011, 3:42 pm

Hai sighs as she quickly untangles herself and brushes herself off, letting out an annoyed sigh as she looks up. "Alright. Does our fearless leader have a way out of this hole or do we got to do it our own way?"
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby spudman » March 7th, 2011, 1:35 am

*At the coffee shop*

"There is no wrong answer, but if you don't really have an opinion then fine." Nishiyori pauses to enjoy his coffee before speaking up again.

"You seem a bit under the weather, but there's another reason you'd rather not be here right now, correct? You'd rather be at your old job. But why wouldn't you, it's what you grew up with and the life you know best."

*On the trail*

Ichigo, Hotaru, and Hai have untangled themselves from each other, but are still in the hole. The three of them might want to agree on a way to fix that.

Ushio heads off the trail. She notices and manages to avoid a patch of poison ivy (so close...). The young kunoichi also takes notice of a dull looking brown haired thug that comes out from behind the trees and takes a threatening posture, though she has the feeling that there are more people in the area. He laughs. "You should turn back if you know what's good for you."
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » March 7th, 2011, 1:44 am

"I shall do as Hokage-sama orders me; no more, no less..." Aoko says as she continues to stare into her cup.
MEKristian

Unread postby spudman » March 7th, 2011, 3:04 am

"Would you follow an order without question, even if you think it's the wrong decision?"
spudman

Unread postby serbii » March 7th, 2011, 7:11 am

"But there's a big hole in the path," Ushio points out, scuffing a foot, her hands behind her back as she toys with a flash bang, "I dun wanna fall and twist my ankle or somethin'"

Meanwhile in the Hole
Hotaru fixes Hai with a look of disdain then holds out one hand, "Your sword."
serbii

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 7th, 2011, 4:09 pm

Hai draws her sword and sighs as she flips it over and hands it hilt first to Hotaru. "What's the matter? Didn't bother to bring your own weapons?" Hai asks, rolling her eyes.
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby MEKristian » March 7th, 2011, 9:12 pm

"Would you follow an order without question, even if you think it's the wrong decision?"
"I merely follow Hokage-sama's orders, not question them."
MEKristian

Unread postby serbii » March 7th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Hotaru takes it, nonchalant, "Yes, but I doubt they'll hold your weight."

She walks to Ichigo who boosts her up, then stands on his shoulders, jamming the sword deep into the soil wall before climbing on the hilt, crouching and testing it can hold her weight. It's high enough that with a jump and kunai to anchor herself she could pull herself out. She looks to the rim of the hole from her perch, still crouching then drops back in, looking between the two genin.

"Matsuda first, then me, then Hai can try to make her way up." Several smoke bombs appear in her hand as she turns to Ichigo, "I'll cover your exit."

[She'll give him a boost if needs be]
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 8th, 2011, 4:28 pm

*At the coffeeshop*

He nods. "It's essential that ninja do so, especially in the field. But we can't always ignore our own thoughts and feelings either. To be blunt, you're not the best ninja for this mission, partly because you're not a teacher. And yet, here you are. Unless your transfer was a punishment, which I doubt, the only other explanation for you being here is that this is the best mission for you right now."

Nishiyori takes another drink, thinking about how he can put this in a way the ANBU assassin can understand. "I know you remember training in the organization. Think of this as a training mission that has a hidden meaning you're supposed to figure out. Help teach the kids and you will become a better ninja along the way, for many reasons. But the benefits are limited if you don't understand why, so you need to start wondering and asking about the why of things."

*On the trail*

:lech "Well...you are kinda cute, I guess. I might let you pass if you give me a kiss." The thug says to Ushio, coming across as rather creepy. This also means he's distracted and doesn't notice Ichigo begin to climb out of the hole.

oog: figured I'd give some room for Ushio to respond before the smoke bombs are tossed.
spudman

Unread postby Flux_Blade » March 8th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Ichigo responds with a, "Yes ma'am." to Hotaru's order and uses her shoulders to reach the sword, as his towering height is not enough to reach otherwise. Pulling himself up, he grins at the fact he isn't too tired. Once he pulls himself up, he turns to Hotaru and waits for her to start the smoke bombs before jumping up and trying to access the situation.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » March 8th, 2011, 7:06 pm

U: "Um... no. It'd never work between us, we're from two different worlds. Also I'm thirteen and you're pretty creepy."
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 8th, 2011, 10:30 pm

"Hah, creepy!" a voice laughs from up above. The thug looks up. "Dumbass, don't give yourself away!" Should Ushio look up she'll find an identical thug in another tree.

"Oops."

"Besides, if she's saying it about me she's really saying it about you." the first thug mocks.

"I'm not creepy, you're just a stupid clone! Anyway, attack!" about fifteen thugs emerge from the trees and jump down to the ground. Their attack is interrupted by the smoke bombs going off next to the hole.
spudman

Unread postby MEKristian » March 8th, 2011, 10:41 pm

"If that is what Hokage-sama asks of me, then I shall accomplish the mission."
MEKristian

Unread postby serbii » March 9th, 2011, 6:49 am

Nice timing Hotaru! Ushio thinks flicking a couple of kunai with explosive tags attached towards the men...man... whatever, before dropping the flash bang with a grin, moving quickly from her position as it goes off, thanks to years of practice she knows exactly when to screw shut her eyes and plug her ears.

Hotaru, hearing the explosion(s) frowns, typical, Ushio does not get into fights quietly. It couldn't just be a hole could it? She waits for Ichigo to exit before boosting up on Hai (assuming Hai follows orders).
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » March 9th, 2011, 10:03 am

Ichigo was glad he was still climbing when the tags went off. While his ears would have a small ringing noise, his eyes had been protected from the blast. As he jumped out, he tries to aim kunai based on what he sees and hears, as anyone taller than Ushio would be a valid target.

Flux_Blade

Return to “%s” Mission Central