Training for the Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Training for the Exams

Unread postby serbii » March 19th, 2011, 2:30 am

It's been ust over an hour since the pit trap
UST between who? :biggrin:
(yes, I know you meant 'just' but UST is far, far more amusing.)
---------
Hotaru stops, as does Ushio. Hotaru looks back at Ichigo for a moment then brings her hands together.

"Kai"

(If that does nothing)

She then tosses kunai into a couple of trees.

(If that still does nothing)

Hotaru frowns and raises a eyebrow at Ichigo before turning to Hai, sounding lightly interested rather than bossy, "Climb a tree and see where we are."
serbii

Unread postby Phht » March 19th, 2011, 4:55 am

UST between who?
[My vote is for Hai and Hotaru. Clearly Hai's wish to get rough and physical with Hotaru is an indicator of UST.]
Phht

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 20th, 2011, 12:59 am

[Second! :agree: ]

Hai waits a moment, curious to see what happens before she goes to climb the tree, interested now.
"BULLSHIT!" - Hinata's Finest Moment
--------------
-This Signature will have something in it eventually...-
AshBellringer

Unread postby spudman » March 20th, 2011, 1:55 am

oog: I hate you all so very, very much.

ig:

*roll* nat 20.

The illusionary trees dissolve around them, revealing...more trees. Though these ones seem kind of familiar.

The group's rat companion speaks up. "I think this is the area we passed a half hour ago."
spudman

Unread postby serbii » March 20th, 2011, 3:31 am

Hotaru gives a long suffering sigh.

"Hai, check anyway. From now on we do so every fifteen minutes."
serbii

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 20th, 2011, 5:49 am

Hai nods and pulls out some Kunai to use as climbing assists due to her chakra being sealed, and quickly climbs up the tree that Hotaru pointed out and scans for anything unusual.
--------------
AshBellringer

Unread postby spudman » March 22nd, 2011, 1:23 am

*On the trail*

Hai looks around from the top of the tree and can see that they are less than half way up the mountain at this point. She also sees the summit which is mostly rock and there is a speck of red there, most likely the flag. There are some clearings between the summit and where the group is now that Hai can see, but all Hai can see there are trees, rocks, and oh, a stream...maybe. She also sees trees, lots of trees.
spudman

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 22nd, 2011, 2:06 am

Hai nods, mentally taking a snapshot of the area and the information, and quickly makes her way back down the tree. "We're at about the halfway mark now..." She says as she relays the information from the view from the top of the tree, "and a stream... maybe. It was kind of blocked by the trees."
--------------
AshBellringer

Unread postby serbii » March 22nd, 2011, 4:22 am

Hotaru starts to lead the group again without comment.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 23rd, 2011, 10:49 pm

*rolls* 2, 2, 1...dammit.

The group goes on for another hour and a half; passing trees, clearings and a mountain stream. They have yet to encounter anymore traps or anyone else trying to attack. Ichigo occasionally looks around nervously as if expecting something to happen, but nothing does. The summit and the flag are now in sight.
spudman

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 24th, 2011, 1:47 am

Hai draws her sword slowly, looking around cautiously before looking to Hotaru in a manner that suggests, 'Well, we're waiting.'
--------------
AshBellringer

Unread postby serbii » March 24th, 2011, 3:30 am

Stillllllll walkinnnnnnnn'
Until they get there or something happens.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 24th, 2011, 5:15 am

Nope, nothing happens. You reach the summit. The flag is there and the little white rat Shiro is right next to it.

"Good morning."
spudman

Unread postby serbii » March 24th, 2011, 6:20 am

Hotaru gives the rat a nod of acknowledgement as she walks over, while Ushio chimes a 'good morning'. Hotaru walks to the flag and picks it up without ceremony.

"Lets go." She directs to the team and Shiro.

(How big's the flag by the way?)
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 25th, 2011, 12:29 am

oog: if the size seems of the flag or pole seems off to anyone, just say so.

ig:

The flag is about 16x32 inches in size and attached to a four foot long pole. As Hotaru removes the flag from the pole a thin wire running from the flag down to the base snaps. A plume of pink smoke shoots from the base.

"That can't be good..." Ichi says.

"It's the signal for the pursuit to begin." Shiro responds and hops onto Hai's shoulder. "I suggest running before we're found."
spudman

Unread postby Flux_Blade » March 25th, 2011, 2:20 am

Ichigo glares at the puff of smoke as he prepares to start running, as he asks, "What exactly will be chasing us?"
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 25th, 2011, 3:21 am

"Does it really matter? GO!" Hai calls out, reacting quickly as she turns and prepares to sprint.
--------------
AshBellringer

Unread postby serbii » March 25th, 2011, 7:33 am

Hotaru contemplates scowling, sighing or twitching in annoyance but in the end goes with a blank expression as she turns lightly on her heels and runs past the others to lead the group again.

"Same formation, let's go."

She sprints down the mountain, keeping an eye out and tying the flag to her belt as she goes.
Ushio follows her down, a grin growing on her face as they run, at least this mission was interesting.
serbii

Unread postby spudman » March 26th, 2011, 2:21 am

oog: I considered dropping a boulder out of the sky and have it roll down the mountain behind the lot of you...but nah. Post will come sometime today, I think. I need to consider a few things. Good to know the characters find the mission interesting or annoying (not in a boring sense), both are compliments in my book. :razz:
spudman

Unread postby spudman » March 27th, 2011, 7:39 pm

*At training Ground 27*

Nishiyori and Aoko had long since left the coffee shop. They had arrived at the training ground and spent time going over the typical excercises they'd have the younger ninja doing, as well as making sure Aoko could spar at a level that would not injure them.

It's about 10:00 when Nishiyori spots a line of smoke coming from the top of the moutain he sent the genin and Hotaru to. He removes a spyglass from a pocket and uses it to get a better view of the summit.

"Yep, they tripped the signal. The kids should be on their way back here, one of my summons is probably taking his sweet time in catching them."

*On the trail*

The team is running all out and it has paid off so far in that you're making great time and you havn't been caught yet.

"Shiro-chan, who do ya think was sent after them?"

"It doesn't really matter, just keep running."

"Easy for you to say, you're on Hai's shoulder!"

Shiro has no reply to that.

Edit: took out the part about sending Aoko out after them, no pm sent.
spudman

Unread postby Phht » March 27th, 2011, 8:59 pm

*At Training Ground 27*

"I see the reports were correct. You are babysitting a bunch of kids." The speaker was dressed in standard on-duty uniform of black pants and long-sleeved shirt, with dark red torso armor and forearm/shin armor. Two black slashes visible on the sides of the torso armor, and a molded Spider mask completed things. She lacked a hood, so the long, reddish-silver hair is visible in a spiky ponytail. The short ANBU appeared to be eating an apple without removing the mask.

"And here I was hoping to pull you in on Chunin Exam final planning details for the second stage. Is that girl of yours around, or reports about her status true as well?"

[Just thought I'd have a "familiar" face drop in on Nishi before the kids make it back. She's taking a break from Exam prep stuff. Amusingly, Nishi has nearly a full foot of height over her. Uniform's for ANBU Intel, with the slash pairs indicating T&I. So she and Nishi are same overall division, but not same battalion.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby serbii » March 28th, 2011, 8:24 am

Keep runnnnnning~
Thought occurs there's nothing chasing them after all.
Hotaru silently hopes rats get brained on low hanging tree branches.
Hotatu silently hopes Hai gets brained on low hanging tree branches.
Realises this would mean they would have to carry her or leave her. Carrying would slow them down, leaving would reflect badly on her as a leader.
Hotatu silently hopes Hai gets brained on low hanging tree branches when they get back to training ground. Yes, that's an acceptable compromise.
Gives consideration to having the others summon cats, because hey, she's going to get in trouble as it is, may as well have the rats suffer too.
Keeps running.
serbii

Unread postby AshBellringer » March 28th, 2011, 11:51 pm

Hai keeps on running, considering the best way to trip up Hotaru and cause her to faceplant into a big rock...
"No, no, bad idea Hai... you can brain her on a rock later..." She thinks as she continues to run, focusing in on running.
--------------
AshBellringer

Unread postby Flux_Blade » March 29th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Ichigo was smiling as they ran. While a dangerous summon was a bit of a downer, Ichigo hadn't trained as much physically as he was used to. The best part was so far, he was not going to be knocked out by Lee. He is also quite glad at his shortish stature. He tries to avoid the temptation to continually look behind him as that would slow him down. Or worse, trip someone else up as well.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby spudman » March 30th, 2011, 1:22 am

*At Training Ground 27*

"What you hear around the water cooler doesn't qualify as a "report", you know." Nishiyori shot back.

[VO]"ANBU safegaurd the secrets of a ninja village, and they do it exceptionally well. But when it comes to petty office politics and personal matters many operatives are regular gossip queens. You can justify this as a way for them to harmlessly vent and deal with the stress of keeping actual secrets, but usually it's just because of boredom."[/VO]

Despite this, Abunai probably did get her information from an actual report. But why let a little thing like facts get in the way of an amusing verbal exhange?

"You'd have to ask Tsukiko about what she's up to. As for me, conflict of interest and all that since I'm preparing a team for the exams. But even if I was available, I don't see why you'd come to me for help."

*On the trail*

*rolls* 3....

3, 7, 10, 13...m'kay

"I'm catching up...." echoes a voice from behind the team. Or is it to the right? The front? You're unable to pin down the direction or the distance. At least the young ninja now know that someone is pursuing them.

oog: hmm, I might wrap up the pursuit next post depending on chance, but if not it will defintely happen for the next "plot" post (allowing for small dialogue/misc. posts if they are called for).
spudman

Return to “%s” Mission Central