Team TYPI: The First Week

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Team TYPI: The First Week

Unread postby gman391 » May 20th, 2011, 11:20 pm

"Alright Miyu-san. Whenever you're ready. This is a straight taijutsu match. No weapons or other jutsu."

Tatsumaru brings his hands up protecting his face and lower body. He gives a slight smile at Miyu.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 20th, 2011, 11:29 pm

Well, that will make the task far more difficult, Miyu realizes ruefully. She takes up the standard opening stance of the medic-nin style, and nods to Tatsumaru to indicate that she is ready.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 20th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Tatsumaru nods. It's the only signal that he gives as he moves forward. So that he can launch a front kick at Miyu's stomach.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 20th, 2011, 11:52 pm

Miyu dodges to her right. One hand twitches towards her pouch of senbon but she stops herself - no weapons. Dropping to the ground, she sweeps out one foot in a kick aimed at Tatsumaru's non-kicking leg, trying to knock him off-balance.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 12:05 am

Sweep kick Miyu? Risky move. If it connects it can end a fight. But if your opponent negates it...it leaves you open for a counterattack! Tatsumaru thinks.

Tatsumaru puts his front foot down. Raising his back leg just in time to avoid the sweep kick. After it passes the leg goes down. And Tatsumaru twists to bring a swift low kick towards Miyu's face.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 12:19 am

The moment her kick misses, Miyu starts a roll that just barely gets her out of the way of Tatsumaru's second kick. As soon as she has a bit of space, she flows back to her feet.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 12:26 am

Tatsumaru settles back into his starting stance. He carefully sizes her up.
Medic ninja don't like to fight hand to hand. When they do...they prefer to dodge and take opportunistic shots at the last second.
Therefore you have to use a feint to draw them back.
He thinks.

Therefore....Tatsumaru moves forward back into range of Miyu. Leading with a straight punch. Miyu can see the punch coming in towards her body.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 12:44 am

Too obvious, Miyu thinks. He is planning something.
But she has no idea what...
Miyu swiftly leans back and to the side, avoiding the strike but trying not to move much more than necessary to do so. She keeps a wary eye out for additional strikes.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 12:49 am

Tatsumaru brings his out stretched arm down towards Miyu's shoulder making a hammer fist. At the same time he brings up a knee towards her chin.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 1:10 am

Miyu raises her right arm to block the strike and punches Tatsumaru in the stomach with her left. She can see no easy way to dodge the knee strike so attempting to distract Tatsumaru from it seems her best option.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 1:16 am

Tatsumaru grimaces. It had been a gamble but it looks like Miyu can hit after all. He brings up his free arm to block her punch.
Once he's done so; he pushes her back and waits.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 2:20 am

Miyu makes no attempt to resist the push, and indeed does several backflips to get even farther distant. Her hands start to draw together, but she stops - no jutsu - and quickly shifts into a defensive stance instead.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 2:24 am

"Thats twice now Miyu-san. Twice you went to use other methods to fight. We'll have to work on that."

Tatsumaru concentrates it's time to finish it.

"Focus"

He rockets forward hitting her stomach hard with a punch.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 2:39 am

Miyu tries to dodge but is not quite quick enough - the punch lands and she falls, throwing one hand out behind her to catch herself and bringing the other arm up defensively.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 2:42 am

Tatsumaru stops.

"I think that's match Miyu-san."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 2:55 am

"Very well," Miyu says, and gets up again slowly.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 4:48 am

Tatsumaru relaxes.

"Not bad Miyu-san. You need to work on your speed and attacks though."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 5:45 am

"Speed, attacks," Miyu repeats with a nod. "Would you clarify that second one, please?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 21st, 2011, 6:13 am

Tatsumaru shrugs

"You don't seem to be very aggressive. I was controlling the flow of that fight. Against an ally that's not such a problem but with an enemy that could be fatal."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 21st, 2011, 7:38 am

All Miyu says in response to that is "I see."
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » May 23rd, 2011, 10:46 pm

Tatsumaru looks over at Taru.

"Taru-san. Do you feel ready?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » May 23rd, 2011, 11:47 pm

Taru lets out a deep breath and allows the construct forming in his hands to disappate, then shifts to his feet and gives Tatsumaru a nod as he wipes a bit of sweat off his forehead.

"Sure. Same as for Miyu-san? No weapons, no jutsu?"

He takes a moment to sling his quiver back over his shoulder and cinch it down snugly, the hilt of his tanto and a few arrows barely visible over one shoulder.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » May 24th, 2011, 12:37 am

"If you would please."

Tatsumaru settles back into his fighting stance.

"Whenever your ready Taru-san"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » May 24th, 2011, 1:01 am

Miyu moves out of the way, settling down to observe in approximately the same place Taru was earlier.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gamebrain89 » May 24th, 2011, 1:29 am

Taru bounces from foot to foot a couple times, evaluating his opponent for a second as he takes a calming breath. Nodding, he falls into his stance and quickly moves to attack. He rushes forward, attempting to circle clockwise around his opponent and throwing a pair of quick, straight jabs toward Tatsumaru as he does so.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Return to “%s” Mission Central