Team TYPI: The First Mission

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Team TYPI: The First Mission

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 16th, 2011, 8:18 pm

*7:00 A.M, Tatsumaru's residence*

A sharp series of knocks is rapped upon the outside door. "Tatsumaru-san, this is the Konoha Information Delivery System. Please respond."
bookworm702

Re: Team TYPI: The First Mission

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Tatsumaru looks up from his breakfast and opens the door.

"Hello I'm Tatsumaru, what do you need?"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 16th, 2011, 8:26 pm

A small pause, then "You have been summoned. Please assemble you team and proceed to the Tower for a mission briefing in one hour."
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Tatsumaru nods.
"Thanks, I'll get right on it. Have a good day Messenger-san."
Tatsumaru closes the door.

He goes back to his breakfast finishes and gears up. After finishing he heads off to the Yamanaka district to find Toshizo.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 16th, 2011, 8:40 pm

*7:15 AM, Yamanaka District, Toshizo's apartment complex*

Toshizo reached for an imaginary point twenty centimeters past his toe, feeling pleased by the stretch of the muscles. He could now get through his calisthenics without any discomfort, and the pain had ceased to be a hindrance to his combat abilities.

He frowned a bit, as he reflected that his mental damage had proved much more calcitrant. Even using most of his free time to peruse the clan library, any information on the effective treatment of block memory loss was slim, most simply advising to let the memories come back naturally if they may. Shiori had gotten into the habit of visiting regularly, and between her and Taru, he was beggining to get a fuzzy picture of what he'd been up to in the past year. He sighed; still, it would be nice to be able to actually remember the events instead of getting them second hand.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Tatsumaru arrives outside of Toshizo's door quietly. The quiet is immediately ruined by Tatsumaru's loud knocking.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 16th, 2011, 8:59 pm

Toshizo looks up quizzically. "Who is it?"
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2011, 9:03 pm

"It's me Tatsumaru." is called through the door.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 16th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Toshizo gives a final stretch, stands up, and opens the door. "Tatsumaru-san? What is it? I didn't think we had training until later."
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Tatsumaru looks reasonably fresh but you can tell that he hasn't had his coffee yet.

"We don't, won't either if the Powers That Be have anything to say about it. You feel up for a mission?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 16th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Toshizo frowns, looking a little worried. "Hopefully something not too strenuous, but I should be good for anything fairly routine."
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Tatsumaru shrugs.

"I'll do my best but I don't control the missions assigned. Should be a standard job though. I don't see us having to do an A-rank or anything. Alright can you be at the tower by 0800?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » July 16th, 2011, 9:36 pm

Toshizo nods and smiles. "I'll be there. See you, Tatsumaru-san." With that, Toshizo closes the doors, and dresses for the day.
bookworm702

Unread postby gman391 » July 16th, 2011, 9:38 pm

"Thanks...and closing the door in my face. Geez now I know how the messenger felt." Tatsumaru shakes his head.

He thinks for a moment trying to decide which place is closer. Tatsumaru decides to go find Taru first then Miyu. With that the Special Jonin heads off.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 16th, 2011, 11:43 pm

*7:30 AM, Taru's Apartment

Taru yawns widely, head in one hand as he sits at the small table in his modest apartment. He idly examines a prototype seal array laid out on a piece of paper as he waits for the kettle to boil. Several minutes later, the kettle begins to whistle and he stands, pouring himself a cup of tea. Moving back over to the table, he sits back down, enjoying the morning quiet.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » July 17th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Tatsumaru swings down from the roof. Standing in front of the door Tatsumaru knocks.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 17th, 2011, 11:14 pm

Taru looks up at the knock and stands, moving toward the door before he catches his reflection in a mirror and grimaces. Ink stained hands, shorts, no shirt. Yeah...

"Just a minute."

Taru takes a moment to pull a shirt on, looking around at the apartment, before he moves to the door and opens it, figuring there wasn't much he could do about the ink at the moment.

"Ah Tatsumaru-san, what brings you-"

Taru cuts off as his eyes momentarily shift from their normal lavender irises to a shifting geometric pattern.

A forge, older man, hard at work, swinging a hammer, showers of sparks.

His eyes quickly cut back to normal, and he reaches up and rubs a temple gently.

"Ah, sorry about that. What brings you here?"
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » July 17th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Tatsumaru raises an eyebrow at the kaleidoscopic eyes but says nothing.

"We've been reactivated. I need you to be at the Hokage Tower by 0800 alright?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 17th, 2011, 11:17 pm

Taru nods his head, still rubbing a temple with one hand.

"yeah sure, thats fine. Meet you there?"
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » July 17th, 2011, 11:21 pm

"Okay then. See you in a bit Taru-san."
With that Tatsumaru turns to head towards the Yasuragi residence.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 17th, 2011, 11:25 pm

Taru closes the door and heads for the shower with a sigh.

Well there's my episode for the week. Stupid faulty sight. Just because I'm a guy I get stuck with mostly worthless glimpses of people instead of actually seeing the future. Ah well. At least it doesn't happen much.

With a shrug, Taru goes about finishing his preparations for the day, and gathering his mission equipment.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » July 17th, 2011, 11:35 pm

-7:45 a.m., Yasuragi residence-

"Hurry, Hiro-kun, you'll be late!"
"I'm going, Sora-obasan, I'm going!" a small boy protests as he swings a backpack onto his back. "Good-bye!"
"Have a good day at school, Hiro-kun," Miyu calls from where she sits on the couch with a book in her lap.
"I will! Good-bye, Miyu-neesan!"
With that, the black-haired boy runs out the door and straight into the approaching Tatsumaru.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » July 17th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Predictably the boy bounces
What is it with me and running into people? he wonders.

"Sorry kid you alright?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » July 17th, 2011, 11:39 pm

The boy looks up.
"Sorry, shinobi-san!" he says, scrambling back up. "I'm fine, but I gotta go, 'bye!"
With that, he resumes running, going around Tatsumaru this time.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » July 17th, 2011, 11:43 pm

Tatsumaru shakes his head and continues to the Yasuragi residence. At the open door he calls
"Hello?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Mission Central