Konoha Chunin Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Konoha Chunin Exams

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 6th, 2012, 11:27 pm

oog: Hey, can we talk to the other Uzu and Taki teams? They seem nothing like fodder and I totally care about them. :secret_laugh:

ig:

Sho stifles a sigh. After the team presents the Proctor with the info, he turns to face the Suna team. "Well, let's try this again..." If they're interested, he'll beckon his team to back him up. No sense in confronting someone who wants him dead alone and outnumbered if he doesn't have to. In any case, He walks up to Wakana trying to ignore any feelings of DEATH and DOOM she exudes.

"If it's not a bad time, can we continue the conversation we were having before we got interrupted by Chunin (and you almost blew our cover, but I'll ignore that for now...)? Why are you so hung up about beating me into paste?"
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Ristridin » October 7th, 2012, 5:32 am

oog: Turquoise hair and a name? This team must not be random fodder. Also, isn't it amazing how we know the colour of the hair and the alliance of the kunoichi just by listening? :wink:

ig: Can we use the position of the sun to get an idea of the direction we need to go? Or are there any high structures nearby that we can enter (don't want to climb a really high building from the outside; too easy to be seen)? Speaking softly: "Let's find some secluded spot to find out where we need to go exactly. Evading the voices sounds like a safe idea, no?"
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Flux_Blade » October 7th, 2012, 7:59 am

Ichigo is glad they found the information but how did they get lost? Though hearing the three genin from Grass kept his voice down.

"I agree, I rather not end up getting caught because of them." He pauses as he attempts to identify where the sun is.

"KK, this is going to sound stupid, but, we haven't been hit with a genjustu and that has been throwing us off our searching? I mean I couldn't put it past the proctors to have something set up to do so?" If agreed, he'll attempt to disable a genjustu on himself.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Phht » October 7th, 2012, 8:08 pm

Can we use the position of the sun to get an idea of the direction we need to go?
[ Test started at 6:15a, ends at 10:15a. Normal-ish progression of the sun across the sky like real world.

Between my current job and the release of Borderlands 2 + Torchlight II + XCOM (on Tuesday), my free time has dropped dramatically. As as result, spud will be mostly running things for a bit, while I chime in here and there and assist him behind the scenes. Those fodder teams will remain fodder teams until they survive the Second Stage or we decide it's necessary to flesh them out. :) ]

There are a number of surviving 3-4 story buildings in the ruins, though finding one that isn't leaning precariously, missing chunks of building, or otherwise in poor state is the real challenge. There looks to be a 3-story building in decent shape out closer to the walls, and a four-story building a 'block' or two from where the lake and ruins begin merging together that seems to be in remarkably good condition given its location. Five other tall buildings are visible from your general location, but they're either visibly damaged moderately or worse, tilting toward one side, or actually half-toppled over and being kept from finishing the fall by neighboring structures.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby spudman » October 7th, 2012, 11:49 pm

oog: James: Sure you can! But don't be surprised if one of those fodder teams happen to be cenobites in disguise and have "such sights to show you..."

Don't push me.

:evilish:

Ristridin: you as the players "saw" the other team...it was a shift in camera view. A courtesy. Your characters have not seen them and do not know what village they're from, obviously. I'll make sure to leave you guys completely blind from now on. ;)

I really do need to do some image searches (though if anyone else happens to find something good feel free to pm a link). Find something that is at least kind of close to the different ninja named so far.

Hmm, I guess Wakana kind of looks like Mizore Shirayuki, but with purple eyes and longer hair.

ig:

Wakana looks a tad frazzled as Sho approaches. Her face and hair look recently rinsed and her kimono is still very dusty. The kimono is ripped at the thigh, showing more of her right leg than usual. Her braid has been undone, as she was combing out her hair before Sho showed up. She hadn't been facing Sho as he got closer, but now she looks surprised, and then annoyed as she puts the comb away and takes out her fan, hiding her face behind it as usual. Wakana then glares at her teammates. They look away and try to look innocent. She frowns and turns back to Sho.

"It is a bad time right now. But you will understand before I defeat you."

oog: Gah, I don't know why I can't even put that much into establishing the setting of a scene like phht does...I suck. :TT_TT:
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 8th, 2012, 11:20 am

ig:

"Uh huh..." Sho stifles a yawn with a groan. "Look... Wakana-san, right? I keep forgetting. I haven't slept in at least 3 days..."

'They're all starting to blur together now... Today's a Wednesday, right?'

"... so chances are something's going way over my sleep-deprived head. But I know six facts.

"Fact number one: You want me dead, or at least maimed. I don't know why, but that's how it is.

"Fact number two: You trump me. I work at a weapons shop. I've seen what fans can do. The likely techniques you have bring down just about every strategy I have. It's just rock paper scissors.

"Fact number three: On my side of things, any fight between us is just for a title, one I can try again for (and be more prepared for) later. I have no quarrel with you.

"All of which brings us to fact number four: I literally have no reason not to forfeit the moment you and I are pitted against each other. I am not gonna risk my life on a simple promotion match I probably can't win.

"However, there's also fact number five: Both the Fifth Kazekage and the Sixth Hokage had a tradition of letting others direct their hate and vendettas against them, for the sake of peace... As someone with the heritage of both countries, it's only right that I follow suit. But before we even come close to fighting, I need to know what I've done to tick you off, so I can properly atone for it, and understand WHY you're trying to beat me up. I'm gonna go back to my team, and try to take a nap. If you really want to fight me, you have until the proctors give us a task that pits us against each other." Sho steps back, turning to leave the Suna Team. He takes a few steps, and pauses.

"Oh, and fact number six: you're not the scariest woman I've ever met, so if that's your goal, quit it. That rank is reserved for some sisters of Kumo descent I met a while ago."

He continues on, and the moment he returns to his team, he lies on the ground, closes his eyes, and finally gets some shuteye.

oog:

Yeah, Sho is gonna end up having to learn Uzumaki-Style Combat Therapy if this fight starts up, isn't he? Is the master of that style still alive? Sho might want to get some pointers. I get the feeling this fight can't be avoided that easily.

But for now, he's gonna try and avoid the impending Hinata vs Neji/Tenten vs Temari hybrid that's coming for him (with him as Tenten/Hinata).

As for pictures, I have some drawing talents, I've already got Sho and his teammates sketched up (I'll PM the players the sketches before working on a cleaned up version), I can bust out a Wakana pic, I'll just have to look at her description a while. I'll get started on that today.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby spudman » October 15th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Wakana would retort, but Sho already left. So she's just more annoyed with him than ever.

"I will tell you soon. But you will be humbled when I see fit..."

Time waits for no one. Over the course of another half hour, the teams at the end point of the first exam are joined by four more genin teams. A Kiri team, the sole Kusa team, and the team from Taki that Kotetsu, Ichigo and Ushio had a run in with earlier. The fourth team in during this half hour is one of the squads of Konoha rookies; Kisuke, Mai, and Kaede. The rookies look none the worse for wear, but a sense of relief and easing tension can be felt from them. The newly arrived Taki ninja, the creepy (but oddly pink haired) lurking guy and the taller kunoichi of the team specifically, seem to be eyeing the rookies with predatory interest.

------------------------------------------

Ushio, Ichigo, Kotetsu

Ichigo tries to dispel a genjutsu that isn't there. Nothing happens.

The sounds of that nearby team disappear soon enough.

You're still lost. The jumble of wrecked stone, wood, and metal of the mostly crumbled or half-standing buildings can be disorienting, making the area a labrynth of (semi) urban decay.

Point is; you haven't found the end point yet.

oog: now, what are your 'go to' stealth methods to avoid detection by nearby patrols? A particular technique or just agility/diving for cover? Chosen method would depend on highest relevant stealth stat- ninjutsu, genjutsu, or sogoujutsu/flexibility.
----------------------------------------

1 Ame team spotted and failed
1 Konoha team spotted and failed

1 Kiri team passed
1 Konoha team passed
1 Kusa team passed
1 Taki team passed

29 Teams Remain (10 teams pass so far)

oog: though ushio, ichigo, and kotetsu are not finished in this 'round' yet...just mention what methods you'd lean towards and I'll roll the results, including whether or not you find the end point this round.
spudman

Unread postby Ristridin » October 17th, 2012, 4:21 pm

oog: Kotetsu is most likely to go for the flashy distraction. More precisely, the flashbangy distraction. Can't spot you if they're blinded after all. Other than that, mostly flexibility I guess (unless there's time to come up with a plan).
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 17th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Sho flies through the clouds on Haya, dodging kunai after kunai, along with several bursts of wind. Panicked, he chances a look behind him.

Wakana is following him, flying upon a giant fan. As always, her face is mostly obscured by her fan. "Come back here so I can kill you!"

"No!" Sho dives through a cloud, hoping to use it as cover, and bursts out of the other side, only to find that the ground is just beneath him (though it wasn't before). He crashes into it, wrecking Haya. "Shoot, shoooot..." He gets up, to find himself in a wasteland littered with corpses and weapons of all sorts. "Of course."

Wakana lands nearby. "It is a suiting place to meet your end."

"Oh yeah? I'm not gonna let you kill me." Sho steps back, only to bump into something. He turns around, only to gasp. The thing from his nightmares is there: it looks like it was a human girl once, but it is a broken thing now, broken bones and splintered wood sticking from terrible wounds. A Suna Headband is around its neck, though it doesn't hide the stitching haphazardly keeping its head attached to its body, and it carries two blade-edged fans.

It staggers towards him, even as he steps back. He forms a seal to break a genjutsu, only for nothing to happen.

"You can't fly, you can't fly..." Wakana comments. "... and you said it yourself, you can't win. You can only die."

"Why... why is this..." Sho is literally cut off, as wind slices him to bits.

"AGH!" Sho bolts upright, and takes in his surroundings. He's alive, and at the Chunin Exams. Not long ago, he confronted Wakana, and told her off as best he could. She probably hates him more now. "Okay, that's enough sleep for the rest of my life," he asserts.

He can't admit it, but he's terrified. Not necessarily of Wakana, but of what she represents.

He's fine with the idea of dying. He'd like to live, of course, but dying doesn't scare him. He wouldn't have become a ninja if it did. But being killed without knowing WHY, or without his death having meaning... that scares him more than anything. Even if it were as simple as either him or his opponent defending their homes or family, that'd be fine. But to be killed by someone he's never met, for reasons that are either unexplained or (as he's suspecting more and more may be the case) completely stupid? He can't stand that thought.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Flux_Blade » October 17th, 2012, 8:10 pm

oog: If he thinks he has enough time go underground with the first part of headhunter justu, but most likely goes for cover unless given enough warning by cat summon.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby spudman » October 19th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Ushio, Kotetsu, Ichigo

Your team continues through the ruins. You think you're on the right track as you corner the remains of a warehouse and spot two chunin proctors not 30 meters ahead of you. They haven't noticed you yet...but who knows how long that will last. There's the cover of the building you just passed, some bushes about twenty feet to your left, and the ground beneath you is mostly dirt.

oog: I would have just posted this before and let you react then (which you can do now), but at the time I thought I was going to do something different.
spudman

Unread postby Ristridin » October 20th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Kotetsu will go for the nearest cover (the building is closest, right?); once he's out of sight, he can start to think of ways to avoid the proctors. Are they standing still or moving? In either case, he'll try to have a flashbang tag ready to activate if it seems they're about to see him.
Ristridin

Unread postby spudman » October 20th, 2012, 1:39 pm

The building is fifteen feet to your right. The two chunin are just standing there and talking, facing away from you.
spudman

Unread postby Ristridin » October 20th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Yeah, back to the building it is.
Ristridin

Unread postby Flux_Blade » October 22nd, 2012, 12:07 am

Ichigo motions for his cat summon to head away and try to get the chunnin's attention if they come in the area. He'll attempt to move towards the edge of the road before going underground, while making the hole above him as small as possible.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby spudman » November 10th, 2012, 2:17 am

oog: sunuvabitch...I just really haven't been feeling this part of the test. I've long figured out who's going to finish and when, but dammit, I'm really having trouble with that part for some reason.

ig:

Due to luck or skill...probably luck, the chunin have not noticed you. A couple minutes later and they've moved on.

Ushio, Kotetsu, and Ichigo continue on. About nine minutes later, the exit gate is in sight, which they'll be able to pass through without trouble.
spudman

Unread postby spudman » December 2nd, 2012, 6:28 am

oog: sorry this isn't a proper update. But I will be sending the actual post to phht to get a second opinion right after I post this. So expect the next update and the conclusion of the first exam soon.
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 2nd, 2012, 2:03 pm

Yaaaayyy!
JamestheFox

Unread postby spudman » December 3rd, 2012, 6:03 pm

oog: AHAHAHAHAH! Don't know why this was so hard but it's DONE!! :animlol: :rollin:

ig:

Ichigo, Ushio, and Kotetsu have no further run-ins with other genin or proctors. Soon enough they find the gate that is the end point of the test, along with the teams that have passed already.

Teams of genin trickle in as the first test continues. As the last minute winds down a team from Taki and a Konoha team appear and are desperately rushing to the finish line. The Konoha team just happens to be the other team of rookies. The pace of both teams is frantic, and it seems too close a thing to say if they'll deliver the scroll in time or not.

In that moment, the scrawny, short boy of the Konoha team makes a decision. He pulls the scroll from a pouch and with a focused glare in his eye (flashing glint and everything!) tosses it toward one of the chunin proctors past the gate. A kunoichi proctor catches the scroll less than a second before time runs out, while both teams pass through the gate at the same time.

"TIME!"

That shout came from the head proctor, Abunai Hitokasegi. The Taki team try to deliver their scroll to a proctor, but are rejected.

"I said time's up. You fail." Abunai turns to the proctor holding the scroll for the anxious Konha genin. Upon getting a nod from her, Abunai directs her attention to the genin team. "What're you three waiting for? Go and join the others that passed."

The Taki genin take exception to this. "Why should they pass?! We got through the gate at the same time!"

"My test, my rules. They actually listened to what I said before, which included nothing about getting over the finish line ensuring you get to turn in your scroll.”

*flashback*

"Once the time ends, the stage is over. It doesn't matter if you're just feet from the Chunin. If they don't have your scroll in their hands when the time arrives, you fail."

*flashback end*

Abunai continues, "I also never said anything about actually handing the scroll to a proctor. Any ninja worth a damn needs to be able to think outside the box to complete their mission. Anyone worth considering to lead other ninja, to be a chunin, needs to understand and practice that instinctively. Without needing somebody to tell them."

"As for the rest of you...CONGRATULATIONS! You passed the first stage." Abunai directs the proctors to pass out slips of paper that contain the location of the next stage of the exams and the time to be there tomorrow. "Show's over, get out of my sight before I release the nin hounds on all of you."

As if to punctuate her point, the dozens-strong packs of nin hounds that you're pretty sure weren't there two seconds ago start growling menacingly.

Conclusion of First Exam:

Ame: 1
Iwa: 2
Kiri: 2
Konoha: 7
Kumo: 1
Kusa: 1
Suna: 4
Taki: 3
Uzu: 3

24 Teams Remain
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 3rd, 2012, 6:52 pm

oog:

ig:

"Well, I'll see you guys there. Try not to be eaten by ninja dogs." Sho looks at Wakana meaningfully before making a run for it. After escaping, he collects his felled Mitsubachi, and returns home. Time to finish up that prototype...
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » December 3rd, 2012, 7:04 pm

ig: Kotetsu gulps. "So... Retreat to a safe distance then? We can check the location strips later."
Ristridin

Unread postby Flux_Blade » December 12th, 2012, 12:36 am

Ichigo steps back a bit as the dogs appear before nodding at TT KK's suggestion. "Let's go, why don't we get food somewhere? Preferably not at my house as I rather not make you suffer my mom right now."
Last edited by Flux_Blade on December 12th, 2012, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » December 12th, 2012, 1:19 pm

"Sounds like a plan. My place would be fine if you don't mind my granddad starting to tell stories about his crazy missions at some point. He likes to do that when he meets new people. Actually, I guess that probably would count as suffering him, so some other place is probably better."

oog: It's KK. ;)
Ristridin

Unread postby Flux_Blade » December 12th, 2012, 3:38 pm

"KK, let's avoid Ichiraku's, as I'm sure that a few of the teams might go there. There's a nearby restaurant that has some music, make it harder for people to overhear us."

oog: That's what I get posting right before bed.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » December 12th, 2012, 5:43 pm

"Sounds like a plan. Again. Let's go."
Ristridin

Return to “%s” Mission Central