Konoha Chunin Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Konoha Chunin Exams

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 21st, 2012, 5:37 pm

OOG: Since Sho is already well above the ground and landing at the larger gazebo, does he fall under the genjutsu as well? I assume not, since he's not mentioned among the genin that fall under the technique.

IG: Sho lands at the south Gazebo, and checks on his teammates via radio. "Rai, Ken! I'm at the southern gazebo. Do you guys need help?"
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 21st, 2012, 7:47 pm

Raito moves out of the alleyways and finally catches sight of the gazebo, barely in sight on the other side of a vast grass-field. Only long practice with using traps to hunt let him notice the small mounds of dirt hidden in the grass in all directions. Laying zeek inside his upraised hood, he begins slowly picking his way through the field.

"Rai, Ken! I'm at the southern gazebo. Do you guys need help?"

"Raito reporting, I have the southern gazebo in sight and am moving through the trapped field now."
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Phht » May 25th, 2012, 2:30 pm

[Sorry for the delay. Spud's been working on fleshing out some of the NPC teams, and the part of my brain that deals with the RP stuttered to a halt when the thought popped in "When has pain ever broken a genjutsu?" and I couldn't come up with an instance. Just before I went to sleep last night I remembered Shikamaru breaking his finger to escape Tayuya's genjutsu. Tada~! And it was a B-rank genjutsu in that instance, so should be good for anything that pops up in the exam. ;) So posts should pick up somewhat for a while.

And yes, Sho missed the traps by flying to the spot.]

For Kotetsu, the shock of the alarm tag causes the large team of genins to unravel from existence. Unfortunately for him, the thorny bushes are still conspiring to make him take a longer route.

For Raito, forward progress has slowed to a crawl as he slowly picks his way through the field while working to avoid all sorts of mines, traps, and tripwire. It takes him three minutes to move five meters forward towards the gazebo in the distance.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Ristridin » May 25th, 2012, 6:07 pm

oog: Sasuke used pain to escape from Orochimaru's killing intent as well (even though that's strictly speaking not genjutsu).

"Looks like this works nicely against genjutsu. Seemed as if a team of genin was blocking our path... Although, now that I think of it, I didn't see those bushes blocking our path when we scouted. More genjutsu, or do you both see those as well?"

'They're definitely gonna laugh at me if I managed to fall under two genjutsu at the same time... How to keep this a secret from all others...'
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Random_fan » May 26th, 2012, 4:48 am

Kenta is just able to see Sho land at the gazebo, only knowing it's him when his voice comes over the radio. "Rai, Ken! I'm at the southern gazebo. Do you guys need help?"

Kenta is about to respond when he hears his other teammate. "Raito reporting, I have the southern gazebo in sight and am moving through the trapped field now."

Kenta looks carefully at the ground around him for any sign of traps and finding none says "This is Kenta I can see the gazebo, I can't see any traps though, what can you see Raito."
Random_fan

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 26th, 2012, 12:56 pm

"This is Kenta I can see the gazebo, I can't see any traps though, what can you see Raito."

Ojike stops instead of trying to navigate the traps while distracted.

"I can see the gazebo roughly one mile from my position through empty grassland. There are multiple traps every few feet; spike pits, what appear to be buried mines, multiple areas of grass are covered in some unknown orange jelly, cards with a seal on them with all organics dead in a five foot radius, tripwires leading underground."
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Random_fan » May 26th, 2012, 1:34 pm

"Well I'm 3/4 of a mile from the gazebo and I haven't seen any of those things, one of us is probably under a genjutsu and I don't think it's me."
Random_fan

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 26th, 2012, 5:37 pm

Sho frowned, looking in towards the grasslands. "I didn't see anything like that when I was flying around the gazebo or coming in for a landing, and I haven't seen anyone loitering around since... I don't think there's any way someone could put THAT many traps in place so quick."
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » May 26th, 2012, 6:03 pm

"Well I'm 3/4 of a mile from the gazebo and I haven't seen any of those things, one of us is probably under a genjutsu and I don't think it's me."

"I didn't see anything like that when I was flying around the gazebo or coming in for a landing, and I haven't seen anyone loitering around since... I don't think there's any way someone could put THAT many traps in place so quick.
"

"Acknowledged, I will attempt to break it myself."

Placing zeek and his quiver on the ground, he jumps high and leans to land flat on his back with a pained grunt. After a minute writhing on the ground getting his breath back and letting the stars in his eyes fade, he checks the field. All the ground covered had only been twenty feet from the alley exit with no traps in sight, and the field is barely half what it had been. Quickly gathering his gear he begins sprinting towards the gate.

"It was a genjutsu, I will be at the gazebo in under two minutes."
Spoiler: show
OOC: Does anyone know how we a judging speed? I can run a half-mile in 3 minutes so I figure a conditioned genin using no chakra boosting could easily cut that in half."

Assume my guy will reach the gazebo around the same time as your character, random.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 27th, 2012, 11:19 am

Ichigo listens to his teammate's comment before responding, "Hold still, KK." As he attempts to disrupt the genjustu by channeling his chakra in KK's system. If this works he'll comment, "I'm wondering if the genjustu was aimed at one person in the group that was strong enough that teammates would need to help, it would work as a pre-test."
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Phht » May 27th, 2012, 4:47 pm

Ichigo manages to dispel the remaining genjutsu on Kotetsu, making the line of thorny bushes fade away. Off to their left further out in the woods can be seen a team from Kusa, quickly walking towards the lake while slowly turning back towards Konoha. They're arguing with each other over how far out the test location was, that the other two are going too slow, and that these bushes can't extend too much further because they can still see the gazebo through a break in the trees.

Raito shakes the genjutsu on him off with his fall, and the "minefield" next to the fencing now looks like a regular low-cut grassy field all the way to the gazebo.

Two Ame teams have shown up at the gazebo, as have five more Konoha teams and a Suna team.

Up at the northern gazebo, one of the Chunin posts a sign indicating that that spot is not the start point for the Exams. They then look at their watch and mention that there's only 15 minutes left til the Exams starts.

[Alright, all the teams up at the northern gazebo will be starting a mad dash for the other gazebo now and the genjutsu traps laid along the way~. Ichigo and Kotetsu (and Ushio) are in the woods, all free of genjutsu. Sho is at the gazebo. Raito is in the clear cut zone next to the ruins fencing heading for the gazebo, free of genjutsu. Kenta is in the woods, free of genjutsu. Iwa Team is at the gazebo. Other teams at the gazebo as of this post: 2 Ame teams, 3 Uzu teams, 10 Konoha teams, 2 Kiri teams, 5 Suna teams, 1 Kumo team, and 3 Taki teams.

And no, we have no indicator for speed. I'd have to dig back and check, but I believe any sort of speed stat or the like was passed over based on it being meaningless when you had chakra to boost your speed. Given that there are records for performing 4 minute miles, I think a properly conditioned ninja could do a mile in 4-6 minutes. Gai might be closer to 4 minutes while a genin might be closer to 5-6 minutes.

I did indicate that going from the north gazebo to the correct one would take 10 minutes at full run (for genin) -- which would involve looping around the lake -- and half that if you ran across it.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Ristridin » May 27th, 2012, 5:48 pm

"Only full teams can play, eh? Sounds fair enough. Let's go; I've wasted enough of our time by getting caught here. Let's discuss what we see while we're on the way, in case more surprises like this occur."
Ristridin

Unread postby spudman » May 28th, 2012, 9:45 pm

oog: I'd just like to say sorry for that last post of mine, guys. It was a poor effort, but I'll do better. Anyway, here are some rival genins. I'm going by Phht's last post on who is at the gazebo right now...for you late comers, don't worry, there will be plenty of rivals/people out to kill you.

ig:

As Sho looks around the area he may notice that the two Konoha rookie teams from yesterday have already arrived. Mostly, they look alert or bored. However, the tall, dark-haired boy (Naoki, if Sho ever overheard his name) is looking over at a trio of Uzu kunoichi with great interest.

Suddenly, Sho feels an aura of killing intent directed at him. Should he turn to look at the source he'll find a young woman sitting on a log. She has long, light purple hair in a herringbone braid, and is dressed in a light blue combat kimono that hugs her curvy figure. The hitai-ate of Suna rests just above her bust. Her face is mostly concealed by a folding fan, but her deep purple eyes are smoldering with contempt at Sho.

The Suna kunoichi's teammates stand next to the log. One is a boy with scruffy brown hair and yellow eyes. He has a runner's build which seems to suit the white and tan jumpsuit he's wearing. The other boy is a little taller and older looking, with spikey white hair and blue eyes. The latter is grinning and talking to the former as if he's in the process of telling a joke that only one of them thinks is funny.

As this is happening, the first team from Grass shows up at the Gazebo. One is one of the tallest genins already here at 5'10'', with a solid build, a hard face and his head covered by a bandana that doubles as his forehead protector. There is a younger boy in the team, of average size for a young teen with short, maroon colored hair and a small smile on his face. Both of them wear simple tan and green shinobi garments that one would expect from the Grass, though the younger boy's look better cared for. The one that stands out is the girl, with long, turquoise hair and dressed in a noblewoman's kimono, with the graceful and elegant bearing to match. Though the kimono does have obvious adjustments to allow for movement.

They're walking in the general direction towards the gazebo, and the Iwa team. The Kusa team does not seem to notice them, however, as they are in the middle of a conversation.

"Should we not have aided them, Tsukasa? They are from our village, after all." the girl asks the smaller boy.

The boy tilts his head to the side. "Nah. It's for their own good, Kiyomi-sama. If they all got caught in those genjutsu they'll get themselves killed in the actual test. Doing them a favor by letting them get out knocked out now, really. Right, Genji?" The large boy, apparently Genji, grunts in reply. The other two accept that as a yes.

"Hm, I suppose..."

*bump*

The boy, Tsukasa, bumps into Kitsuchi.

"Whoah! How'd I miss noticing you? Though sometimes I even forget he's here, he's so quiet." pointing his thumb back to indicate Genji. "Anyway, no harm done, right?"
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 28th, 2012, 11:11 pm

"Okay, I'll see you guys when you get-" Sho stops cold upon feeling a sudden terror. 'What the...' He turns to face the source, and is confronted with such a cold gaze that everything else seems to drift out of Sho's notice but the Suna Kunoichi.

The fan in her hand flickers, wind bursting out in a deadly arc to behead the boy. Sho ducks, only for the kunoicihi to be on him in a second with a kunai to the throat. No time to unseal a puppet, no chance to escape, alone. Everything turns black.

Sho forces back bile at the premonition of death that befell him. 'So this is killing intent... Move... Gotta move...'

'What is with her? Why is she focusing on me? Does she think that because I'm alone it's a good opportunity to eliminate a team?' He continues to lock eyes with the opponent, less because of courage and more because of being frozen with fear.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Random_fan » May 29th, 2012, 12:59 am

When Sho's voice is cut off Kenta increases his speed to the gazebo.

"Sho, are you alright? What's happening?"
Random_fan

Unread postby Flux_Blade » May 29th, 2012, 8:45 am

"Sure KK, but we should have enough time even with the slow down, I'm just curious with what the first test is." Ichigo responds as his team continues to move towards the gazebo.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Phht » June 2nd, 2012, 3:15 am

Both teams have arrived at the start point for the exams. To one side of the gate is the gazebo/canopy with genin teams lined up in front of various Chunin. To the other side of the gate is a crowd of genin that have already gone through the line. A portable clock hanging on one of the posts indicates about 10 minutes left before the start time.

[Sorry, I was expecting a bit more activity before I needed to post again, and then realized that it probably wasn't going to happen. So moving forward a bit!]
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Ristridin » June 2nd, 2012, 4:17 am

Does it seem like standing in line might take more than ten minutes? If there are any suspiciously short lines, check for genjutsu before getting in line.

In a whisper: "Ichi, think it might be a good idea to split up and stand in several lines, so we can profit from whatever line is the fastest?"
Ristridin

Unread postby Phht » June 2nd, 2012, 5:53 am

The lines appear to be moving fairly briskly. Team steps up, hands over exam admission form, signs liability waivers, turns in waivers, goes to join the other group of genin.

[All teams were given their admission forms either at the meeting (for Konoha nin), or when they checked in at the village (foreign nin). I consider them key items that are held in plot-related inventory until expended by plot, so don't fret over having forgot them or anything. ;) All genin that show up will have their forms, even if they happen to be completely naked... which none will show up as, just to be clear.]
Phht

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 3rd, 2012, 1:44 pm

"KK only problem with that is the whole not registering as a team, that might get us in trouble." Ichigo whispers back.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » June 3rd, 2012, 1:51 pm

"Thought we could move towards the first person to reach the end of the line. Anyway, seems the lines are moving along rapidly; seems there's no need for splitting up either way."
Ristridin

Unread postby spudman » June 3rd, 2012, 4:57 pm

The Suna kunoichi gets up from her seat, walking towards Sho and still covering her face. She reaches him and asks. "You are Sho Yuuma, correct?" Sho gets the feeling the young woman already knows who he is, but wants to hear him confirm it.

Meanwhile, the Konoha rookie, Naoki, has decided to make his move and walks over to the Uzu kunoichi team.

"Hello, ladies. It's such a pleasure that even in a competition with danger like this, there are lovely visions such as yourselves. Maybe later I can show you around the village a bit, see all the sites you need to-ACK!"

Naoki was interrupted by two of the Uzu kunoichi pinching a cheek.

One is clearly annoyed. "You runt, you're not man enough for a woman like me." says a green eyed bluenette, her wavy hair going to her lower back. She has a curvy but fit build, and is wearing loose pirate clothes with gear pouches strapped to her legs, and anyone that pays attention to that sort of thing suspects she may be wearing something like a corsette underneath. It accentuates her chest, but she doesn't seem to be short of breath at all, so perhaps not.

The girl pinching Naoki's other cheek, instead of being annoyed, is cooing over him. "Be nice Izumi, he's so adoreable!" she exclaims excitedly, giving Naoki a wide grin. The dark green haired and pale blue eyed girl wears the clothes of a peasant girl, with a heavy coat over them. Anyone who is observant enough will notice that she's wearing body armor of some sort underneath her clothes. The heavy clothes do not seem to be a burden on her solid build.

"Can it, Hoshimi. I oughta teach this punk a lesson." Izumi clenches her fist menacingly.

The third Uzu kunoichi stands back. She has the bearing of a samurai, which suits her samurai's kimono with the Uzu symbol on the back, her black hair done up in a bun, and the bindings that conceal her true figure. There is also the sword at her side, though it isn't a katana, but rather a short sword. Odd. She stoically watches the scene and she brings up her sleeve to conceal her face, though her red eyes cannot hide the mirth in them as she enjoys this silly scene. The quiet giggle is also a hint as to what she thinks of all this.

Not quite the reactions Naoki was going for, but he'll take it, assuming he survives.

As Ichigo's team converses, they hear a voice.

"I like these ones, their blood smells sweet."

Yikes, they didn't even feel that new presence sidle up to them.

Should they look, they'll see a trio of Waterfall ninja. All three wear simple camofluage shirts and pants but that is about where the similarities end. The one that spoke is shorter, with a wiry build and slicked back pink hair. Any jokes about his hair color are probably forgotten for now when they see see his red, reptilian eyes and the bandoleer of...Holy S%^&, those are human ears he's wearing.

"Hah, not so fast, Chiho. You can have them when I'm done with them." a boisterous voice says. It's the tall, athletic looking girl with fiery red hair. Over her camo she wears a cloak made from a tiger skin, the head serving as a hood (though it's down right now). Completing the look is a nasty looking set of metal claws on her hands. She grins at the Konoha team like a cat that found something new to play with and then eat.

The third Waterfall nin has not said anything yet. Her brown hair is in an up-do, showing her delicate but cold features. Her dark brown eyes calculating, taking the measure of the Konoha genin in front of her, but also watching her teammates.

The redhead speaks up again. "Seems what we've been hearing is true. Konoha ninja are easy pickings these days."

"This prey won't last long, Nobue. We might miss out if we don't strike quickly." the boy adds.

"That would be a shame." Nobue agrees.
Last edited by spudman on June 3rd, 2012, 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spudman

Unread postby Ristridin » June 3rd, 2012, 5:43 pm

Kotetsu takes a look at the Waterfall trio.

'More distractions? And just minutes before we sign our waivers? Appearing without any warning? And seeming way too intimidating? Don't feel like falling for another genjutsu, but performing a Dispel for no reason would make me seem a bit too intimidated. What to do, what to do... Oh well, genjutsu or not, they can't really attack us at present; too many chunin nearby, and no waivers signed yet. Now, how to explain my guess without being too obvious...'

Kotetsu grins.
"My, my, there sure seem to be some enthusiastic genin here, right Ichi? If only we had time to play with them... Let's get in line, shall we?"

'If they actually are real, this will surely piss them off. Not good for the rest of the exams... Oh well.'

Does anyone around us appear to react to the Waterfall nin?
Ristridin

Unread postby spudman » June 3rd, 2012, 6:28 pm

oog: A few other teams are nearby, looking on with interest. Or just ignoring what's going on. But the Waterfall genin are real.
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 3rd, 2012, 7:41 pm

"Sho, are you alright? What's happening?" ComesKenta's voice over the radio in Sho's ear and under his flight helmet as the Suna Kunoichi approaches him.

"You are Sho Yuuma, correct?"

"She knows my name? How did that... It's not like I've been on any big... missions... involving... Suna...'

Sho remembers that the puppet-using rouge ninja from before the Exams, Hiroka Shun, was from Suna.

'... Uh oh. Okay, calm down. She's probably not going to kill me, or she would have already. It's not like she was that creep's friend or anything, he was a traitor, and not like I actually directly fought him, so that can't be the problem here, right?'

Sho tries to calm down, and meets her eyes, making sure to discretely keep the radio on so his team can hear if a fight breaks out. After a couple moments, Sho manages to speak without stuttering.

"Er, yeah. You already know my name, so might I ask for yours?" He reaches out with his hand as though greeting the kunoichi.
JamestheFox

Return to “%s” Mission Central